Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 441004 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #8190 on: April 14, 2021, 06:00:05 AM »

It's basically now just how much do you want to risk...It's an issue of Risk...

Risks? Ok...the risk of getting a blood clot from the J&J- 1/1,000,000

The risk of dying from covid19 as a resident of the USA- 1/600

Yeah, I'm really baffled at the health authorities (globally) that are putting widespread halts/pauses JnJ and AZ, all the while the COVID variants are raging out of control (maybe no so much in the US, but everywhere else).  Its like not giving chest compressions to someone having a heart attack, because of the risk that you might crack a rib or two.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #8191 on: April 14, 2021, 07:35:19 AM »
Norway has stopped the AZ vaccine and is likely to completely drop it because Denmark did as well. They're talking about J&J in all Euro countries now, this might delay our already painfully slow vaccine schedule for a few months. Where these two dropped the ball (J&J is also having a delivery delay to Europe), Pfizer is picking up the slack, and they're promising 50 mil extra to the Euro countries who have a deal with them until the summer, 550k will go to Norway, so even in the most optimistic scenario under 40's probably won't be getting our shots in July if we rule AZ and J&J out. This is pretty depressing, but on the other hand, women under 50 will be half of all the people getting the shots sooner than we think, and it's not all the shots we'll need either - we'll at the very least all have to take two shots next year too, and that's more people dying if we rely on these adenovirus vaccines to do most of the work.

Just another day of being born with all your eggs inside you, stupid eggs.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8192 on: April 14, 2021, 07:41:44 AM »
I'm just really happy I got my J&J in before the lock.  Back in work today, feel totally fine. 

I'm starting to wonder if there's some sort of money/politics at play for completely stopping J&J.  Even a lot of media sources are baffled.  If it turns out to just be a few days of pause while they investigate the 6 women, fine.  But this will seriously putting a slowdown on the world wide effort to get out of this pandemic. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #8193 on: April 14, 2021, 09:07:32 AM »

It's actually even less than 1/1,000,000. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8194 on: April 14, 2021, 09:29:22 AM »
I'm just really happy I got my J&J in before the lock.  Back in work today, feel totally fine. 

I'm starting to wonder if there's some sort of money/politics at play for completely stopping J&J.  Even a lot of media sources are baffled.  If it turns out to just be a few days of pause while they investigate the 6 women, fine.  But this will seriously putting a slowdown on the world wide effort to get out of this pandemic.

Just the damage it's doing to the ongoing and increasing perception that these are risky or dangerous vaccines.  Because of the media hype, mrs.jingle is absolutely convinced that AZ is unsafe and will do everything in her power to NOT get that vaccine (not that Canadians have a choice - when you schedule a vaccine, you get what's offered), and doesn't want jingle.kids to get it either.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #8195 on: April 14, 2021, 09:31:36 AM »

And these women found out about the blood clot a week or two after receiving the shot.

The thing is, if it's not concerning than why pull it off.

Couldn't there be more reports that are possible in the next 2 weeks since pulling these vaccines?

Again, where are they getting these CVST bloodclot report data from?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #8196 on: April 14, 2021, 09:43:08 AM »
I heard someone on radio make a tongue-in-cheek comment that, since the percentage of CVST blood clots for those within the typical demographic for that who have received the vaccine is lower than what we see in the general population, maybe the most apropos headline should be "J&J vaccine reduces the likelihood of CVST blood clotting in women!"
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8197 on: April 14, 2021, 09:54:05 AM »
I heard someone on radio make a tongue-in-cheek comment that, since the percentage of CVST blood clots for those within the typical demographic for that who have received the vaccine is lower than what we see in the general population, maybe the most apropos headline should be "J&J vaccine reduces the likelihood of CVST blood clotting in women!"

Yup.  Also the data suggest you are more likely to get a covid infection AND blood clots from the infection than the blood clots from the vaccine.

Just the damage it's doing to the ongoing and increasing perception that these are risky or dangerous vaccines.  Because of the media hype, mrs.jingle is absolutely convinced that AZ is unsafe and will do everything in her power to NOT get that vaccine (not that Canadians have a choice - when you schedule a vaccine, you get what's offered), and doesn't want jingle.kids to get it either.

Yeah, the damage in reputation is going to be tough for many to get over for a lot of people.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #8198 on: April 14, 2021, 09:56:24 AM »

I know, I was just too lazy to math :p

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #8199 on: April 14, 2021, 12:54:31 PM »
Finally got my new appointment.  I think it's for the Moderna vaccine.  First stabbing tomorrow morning at 10:15  :hat

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
« Reply #8200 on: April 14, 2021, 05:01:22 PM »

Yeah, the damage in reputation is going to be tough for many to get over for a lot of people.

This is probably why medical companies haven't been as "transparent" about vaccines earlier. Instead of avoiding anti-vax backlash we get a world record in over-reaction over an extremely rare side-effect. Denmark's decision to shelve AZ is ridiculous, and it's sadly too easy for other countries to follow suit.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 05:10:21 PM by Luoto »
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #8201 on: April 14, 2021, 06:29:15 PM »

The media in general has covered this pandemic in such a fear mongering way.....it’s caused such anxiety and panic. Were this covered more responsibility with reporting just facts and withholding political agenda and the ‘fear’ sprinkled in to sell/obtain views.....we’d be in a much better spot right now.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8202 on: April 14, 2021, 06:46:53 PM »

This is probably why medical companies haven't been as "transparent" about vaccines earlier. Instead of avoiding anti-vax backlash we get a world record in over-reaction over an extremely rare side-effect. Denmark's decision to shelve AZ is ridiculous, and it's sadly too easy for other countries to follow suit.

And I saw a headline that South Africa has shelved JnJ - THE ONLY VACCINE THEY HAVE!!!

“We’re gonna avoid the risk of a couple cases of blood clots, while putting thousands at risk”

SA had 1600 cases today; 75 deaths.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8203 on: April 14, 2021, 07:00:29 PM »
I find it amazing how I managed to get this right before this fiasco, no real side effects besides being groggy a day after. Felt totally normal today. Both parents got it a bit ago without much side effects either.  Clots wouldn't happen for a few more days to weeks for me, but I'm really not worried. I'm totally shocked a single shot that doesn't need to be frozen and uses a more traditional approach to vaccines is getting this much flak.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #8204 on: April 14, 2021, 07:45:39 PM »
Women have a better % of dying driving a car than getting the J&J vaccine but they fell prey to the media pressure. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8205 on: April 14, 2021, 07:51:11 PM »
Women have a better % of dying driving a car than getting the J&J vaccine but they fell prey to the media pressure.

Men have a better % of dying in a car being driven by a woman. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8206 on: April 14, 2021, 07:56:40 PM »
Like Shultzy,  I know nothing!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8207 on: April 14, 2021, 08:00:53 PM »

Men have a better % of dying in a car being driven by a woman. ;D

Somewhere, the heads of the woke are exploding because you make a joke about women drivers.  :lol :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #8208 on: April 14, 2021, 09:20:32 PM »
Like Shultzy,  I know nothing!

There's probably 10 people on the boards who would get that reference. 11 if Tim ever got any references.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #8209 on: April 14, 2021, 10:27:36 PM »
"I got that reference."  ~Steve Rogers

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #8210 on: April 14, 2021, 10:51:34 PM »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8211 on: April 15, 2021, 06:19:37 AM »
Kinda looks like Joe if he shaved

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #8212 on: April 15, 2021, 06:57:09 AM »
One of the things I'm sure they're looking at with the blood clotting issue is that yes, there have been a small number of reported cases, but what is the actual number of cases of blood clots? I'm sure the ones reported are only a small percentage of the actual. Now that the word is out, they're probably banking on a bunch more reports coming in. Hopefully they want to see what that number is before deciding that the risks are worth the rewards. Of course correlation does not always mean causation and likely the numbers will still be very low, but I don't think it's a bad idea to pause and get more information.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8213 on: April 15, 2021, 08:05:46 AM »
Kinda looks like Joe if he shaved

No U.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #8214 on: April 15, 2021, 08:07:21 AM »
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8215 on: April 15, 2021, 08:11:10 AM »
My Dad got his first shot yesterday, Moderna. Talked to him this morning and he’s had no side effects....not even a sore arm.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8216 on: April 15, 2021, 08:20:13 AM »
Someone in my office has tested positive, now I'm all wondering who it was...

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8217 on: April 15, 2021, 08:42:47 AM »
One of the things I'm sure they're looking at with the blood clotting issue is that yes, there have been a small number of reported cases, but what is the actual number of cases of blood clots? I'm sure the ones reported are only a small percentage of the actual. Now that the word is out, they're probably banking on a bunch more reports coming in. Hopefully they want to see what that number is before deciding that the risks are worth the rewards. Of course correlation does not always mean causation and likely the numbers will still be very low, but I don't think it's a bad idea to pause and get more information.

Interesting because I just read this even though this happened last week... https://www.yahoo.com/news/mississippi-dad-suffers-stroke-johnson-130818558.html so actually this is a bit more concerning if a male also had issues with the J&J which kind of changes the perception that this is something specific with women. 

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #8218 on: April 15, 2021, 09:34:08 AM »

Interesting because I just read this even though this happened last week... https://www.yahoo.com/news/mississippi-dad-suffers-stroke-johnson-130818558.html so actually this is a bit more concerning if a male also had issues with the J&J which kind of changes the perception that this is something specific with women.

It's why I'm giving it until the next 2 weeks. Because people received the vaccine, and those women got the CVST bloodclots between one to two weeks since taking the vaccine.

That's why I want to know where they're getting this data from? Where are they getting these incident reports from? From the doctors themselves that administered them, or from a site like VAERS?

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8219 on: April 15, 2021, 09:36:12 AM »
Found this on twitter so take it for what it's worht although it is sourced.

https://twitter.com/foogatwo/status/1382014503039205380

So using VAERS data and doses administered, here's the current case rates for Thrombosis/DVT.

JNJ - 0.087 per 100K
Moderna - 0.088 per 100K
Pfizer - 0.102 per 100K

https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html

To come back to this, I just read this article:

https://www.barrons.com/articles/pfizer-and-moderna-covid-19-vaccines-also-trigger-blood-clots-study-finds-51618488102?siteid=yhoof2

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
« Reply #8220 on: April 15, 2021, 10:13:24 AM »
One of the things I'm sure they're looking at with the blood clotting issue is that yes, there have been a small number of reported cases, but what is the actual number of cases of blood clots? I'm sure the ones reported are only a small percentage of the actual. Now that the word is out, they're probably banking on a bunch more reports coming in.

There's no reason to expect any significant rise in reports if you understand what kind of process a vaccine in development goes through. These vaccines were all subject to thorough testing with tens of thousands of participants, and there were no issues with blood clotting that exceeded whatever safety thresholds had been set. The more you think about the reaction to this unforeseen and highly rare side effect the more ridiculous it gets. If all of Finland's population (5,5 million) were vaccinated with either AZ or J&J, we would probably have a grand total of about 20 of these cases. There are numerous serious medical conditions that are more common than this and yet are considered rare.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8221 on: April 15, 2021, 10:22:17 AM »

But where does it stop? I mean, I'm 45 in relatively good health but that doesn't mean that in 'normal' circumstances I couldn't drop dead of a heart attack tomorrow. With me being vaccinated....if I drop dead of a heart attack tomorrow will everyone think "oh man....that damn vaccine took Gary out"  At what point does just 'natural' causes become natural causes again? Or is it always going to be "well, he/she was vaccinated and that's why they had a stroke / heart attack / aneurism / blood clot / etc etc. How long after receiving the vaccine is the deadline (no pun intended) for vaccine caused deaths to become natural causes?

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
« Reply #8222 on: April 15, 2021, 10:29:47 AM »
Also, two independent research groups have already identified an antibody from the AZ vaccine that triggers an autoimmune reaction, which results in this rare thrombosis. Therefore the people who are at risk to get this side effect can be identified from blood samples, which makes the AZ vaccine pretty much completely safe because these people can be treated.

(Source: Wall Street Journal)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8223 on: April 15, 2021, 10:30:36 AM »

But where does it stop? I mean, I'm 45 in relatively good health but that doesn't mean that in 'normal' circumstances I couldn't drop dead of a heart attack tomorrow. With me being vaccinated....if I drop dead of a heart attack tomorrow will everyone think "oh man....that damn vaccine took Gary out"  At what point does just 'natural' causes become natural causes again? Or is it always going to be "well, he/she was vaccinated and that's why they had a stroke / heart attack / aneurism / blood clot / etc etc. How long after receiving the vaccine is the deadline (no pun intended) for vaccine caused deaths to become natural causes?

Yea, I overall agree.  The risk just doesn't make sense to me to halt these, but I do think we should understand and take caution. I feel like we can still move along with vaccinations AND take precautions. 

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #8224 on: April 15, 2021, 11:47:43 AM »
Got the Pfizer Vaccine today - I can already feel that microchip circulating around inside of me retrieving my DNA information and transmitting it via bluetooth back to the CIA