Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 439274 times)

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #7560 on: March 11, 2021, 12:18:32 PM »
I'm sure there are people who do it because they're just selfish assholes who don't care about anyone but themselves, but something tells me that more often than not people go to work knowingly sick with the 'rona because they literally live paycheck to paycheck and if they miss any hours they can't pay their bills. 

I am fortunate that I've not had to face such financial instability in a long time, but I know for every guy like me there are 50 who can't pay the rent this month because their hours at work got cut back through no fault of their own. 

It puts massive amounts of emotional stress on people and when that happens you get a lot of lashing out and seemingly irrational behavior.

There's an old saying around the 12-step program halls that goes like this:  Hurt people hurt people

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7561 on: March 11, 2021, 12:33:29 PM »
I definitely think there should be assistance for those who need to be out of work due to covid.  That's a deeper health issue wtih this country that people don't get sick time, or specifically, covid sick time funded by the government during a pandemic.  I know my job we have to code our time sheets if we are out sick and there's a seperate code if you have to be out for covid.  (I'm not sure the reason other than to have that statistic) but that protection should be for everyone IMO.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #7562 on: March 11, 2021, 12:33:59 PM »
Over 24hrs since second Pfizer shot and zero side effects. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #7563 on: March 11, 2021, 12:41:49 PM »
I had the Moderna vaccine and I'm exhausted today.   Legs are jelly and I feel drained.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7564 on: March 11, 2021, 12:44:32 PM »
Over 24hrs since second Pfizer shot and zero side effects. Keeping my fingers crossed.

That's great to hear.

I definitely think there should be assistance for those who need to be out of work due to covid.  That's a deeper health issue wtih this country that people don't get sick time, or specifically, covid sick time funded by the government during a pandemic.  I know my job we have to code our time sheets if we are out sick and there's a seperate code if you have to be out for covid.  (I'm not sure the reason other than to have that statistic) but that protection should be for everyone IMO.

Here in NYC, I don't know how it works, but you get an extra 5 sick day provided by the state or city. What employers do so you don't have an excess of sick time is that those days get added to your vacation time to use as you please (they count as 5 personal days).
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7565 on: March 11, 2021, 12:47:15 PM »
I had the Moderna vaccine and I'm exhausted today.   Legs are jelly and I feel drained.

The exhaustion i felt when i had Covid was like nothing I’ve experienced before. It was so weird.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7566 on: March 11, 2021, 12:52:29 PM »

The exhaustion i felt when i had Covid was like nothing I’ve experienced before. It was so weird.

Thankfully I've been luck not to get it. I remember you were saying Gary that you were in bed a ton.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7567 on: March 11, 2021, 01:02:42 PM »

Thankfully I've been luck not to get it. I remember you were saying Gary that you were in bed a ton.

Yep. It was a lot of laying around. Zero energy, felt like gravity was working on my body at five times it’s normal pull.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7568 on: March 11, 2021, 01:04:32 PM »
It was really weird. Can't speak for anyone else and I didn't really get into details when I was ill, but sometimes it took me up to 40 minutes from realizing I'd like to drink some water to actually gather some will to get up from bed and get some water.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7569 on: March 11, 2021, 01:11:19 PM »
Your so drained I bet.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7570 on: March 11, 2021, 01:17:51 PM »
Your so drained I bet.
I bet you think this thread is about you.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #7571 on: March 11, 2021, 01:20:34 PM »
It was really weird. Can't speak for anyone else and I didn't really get into details when I was ill, but sometimes it took me up to 40 minutes from realizing I'd like to drink some water to actually gather some will to get up from bed and get some water.

I believe it - as gmiller alluded, I felt like I was on a planet where gravity was twice that of the earth! I would lay in bed just staring at the ceiling and if I needed to go to the bathroom, I'd have to move on leg off the bed, 5 minutes later, the other leg was off and it was all I could do to push myself off!!

Good lord - it sucked!  :tdwn

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #7572 on: March 11, 2021, 01:21:28 PM »
Just want to echo the concern for Firewings/Kattlelox/Walrus. I have noticed that he just has not been himself here since his disagreement with bosk a few months back. His posts do seem out of character. He has mentioned before his desire to have bosk delete him.

I loved following his roulettes and interacting with him in the music forum. Would be a shame to lose his insight and contributions.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7573 on: March 11, 2021, 01:37:27 PM »
Your so drained I bet.
I bet you think this thread is about you.

You're so drained!!!
I bet you think this thread is about you, don't you, don't you?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7574 on: March 11, 2021, 01:38:21 PM »
:tup
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #7575 on: March 11, 2021, 01:39:11 PM »
If that gets stuck in my head I'm driving up to Sacramento and leaving a bag of flaming poop on your porch

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7576 on: March 11, 2021, 01:39:54 PM »
 :rollin

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7577 on: March 11, 2021, 01:40:14 PM »

If you do, knock and come in for some grub before heading home.  I'm vaxxed, so...

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #7578 on: March 11, 2021, 01:40:57 PM »
 :tup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7579 on: March 11, 2021, 01:52:01 PM »
 :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7580 on: March 11, 2021, 01:58:39 PM »

My wife got the second dose of Pfizer yesterday and she is exhausted today with body aches. She didn't feel much yesterday but it really hit today.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7581 on: March 11, 2021, 02:04:48 PM »
Joe, is that first or second dose?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7582 on: March 11, 2021, 02:08:52 PM »
First.  I'm not hurting at all but I have no energy right now.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #7583 on: March 11, 2021, 02:57:43 PM »

Not surprised, I’m hearing those that have had the virus have very little reaction to the vaccine.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline T-ski

« Reply #7584 on: March 11, 2021, 03:03:23 PM »
I don’t know Katt/Walrus outside of his posts here, but ya, somethings seems different. Hope the guy is alright.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7585 on: March 11, 2021, 03:25:11 PM »

Not surprised, I’m hearing those that have had the virus have very little reaction to the vaccine.

I've wondered this, but hadn't actually heard or read anything to come to a conclusion.  I'm curious how I react when I eventually get it because I believe I had caught it over a year ago, but that was before people thought it was in the US so I have no proof of that.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #7586 on: March 11, 2021, 03:33:25 PM »

Good to hear!  :tup :tup

Just relax and get busy with the facts.  :hat

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7587 on: March 11, 2021, 03:35:41 PM »
I could not make it to Rome from Nome right now.

Offline emtee

« Reply #7588 on: March 11, 2021, 04:47:08 PM »
There's nothing wrong with The Walrus. He made the decision that certain interactions here were toxic in his life and nothing positive or beneficial came from arguing with certain people. Perfectly understandable IMO.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7589 on: March 11, 2021, 05:59:33 PM »
There's nothing wrong with The Walrus. He made the decision that certain interactions here were toxic in his life and nothing positive or beneficial came from arguing with certain people. Perfectly understandable IMO.

If he feels this place is toxic and/or bad for him, then yes, he should leave for his own well being and no one should have negative feelings for that (other than missing a fan of a lot of the same things as us all).  However, I didn't read anyone really being personal with him while he took personal shots at a few of us.   I think he's a cool dude, spent 4 nights in an apartment with him for Progpower 2019 and we had a good time.  I didn't agree with him here, but I didn't see it as an ending of a friendship.  Actually, I think it's the first time someone I viewed as a friend blocked me on social media. So that's the part I don't understand and actually makes me feel some concern.  I think I even mentioned here that we missed him when he left. I do wish the best for him even if we don't see eye to eye.  I'll gladly have a drink with him at progpower 2021 if it happens and we all can get there.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7590 on: March 11, 2021, 06:07:59 PM »

I agree with cram. Chad and I vouched for him to get him back on DTF. He went out of his way to upset his friends. Even when we apologized if we upset him he went on the attack.

I didn't want this. I loved my conversations with Mike. Just because this one disagreement happened doesn't mean you blow up your world.

I don't agree with many of my friends, doesn't mean I can't still be friends.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #7591 on: March 11, 2021, 06:26:57 PM »

I agree with cram. Chad and I vouched for him to get him back on DTF. He went out of his way to upset his friends. Even when we apologized if we upset him he went on the attack.

I didn't want this. I loved my conversations with Mike. Just because this one disagreement happened doesn't mean you blow up your world.

I don't agree with many of my friends, doesn't mean I can't still be friends.

No u....

Brohug?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7592 on: March 11, 2021, 06:32:17 PM »
I'd rather snuggle with you.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #7593 on: March 11, 2021, 06:40:39 PM »
What the hell am I walking into?

And how do I get in on it?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7594 on: March 11, 2021, 06:43:58 PM »

If you do, knock and come in and cook some grub before heading home.  I'm vaxxed, so...

FTFY
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol