Author Topic: NBA 2020-2021 - v. 2021 Finals: Milwaukee and Giannis rule the basketball world  (Read 49142 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: NBA thread 2019-2020 - V. Luka on his way to world domination
« Reply #210 on: February 04, 2020, 07:02:36 PM »
Another change to the All Star weekend

The NBA is changing the format to this season's 3-point contest at All-Star Saturday by adding a pair of deep shots that will be worth three points apiece, the league announced Tuesday.

That change means each round will now be a total of 27 shots instead of 25, and competitors will now get 70 seconds to finish their shots instead of the customary 60.

The two additional shots will come from 6 feet beyond the 3-point line, between the racks located on the wings and the one at the top of the key. Those shots -- only one from each spot, called the MTN DEW Zone -- will be taken with a special green ball.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #211 on: February 04, 2020, 08:55:42 PM »
They drug test the players but do they drug test the people that come up with this stuff?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline T-ski

« Reply #212 on: February 05, 2020, 07:21:28 AM »
massive 4 team trade with Houston, Minnesota, Atlanta and Denver.  will need time to digest this one.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #213 on: February 05, 2020, 07:23:28 AM »
Why was Houston so desperate to get rid of Capella?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: February 05, 2020, 07:44:24 AM »
Why was Houston so desperate to get rid of Capella?

I read that the owner wants to stop paying the luxury tax and D'antoni is very comfortable running a small ball lineup for the whole game. Jokic and AD are going to make them pay for that.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2020, 07:03:34 AM »
Well Tim, if you look closely, you'll see there is a brief description of who they are right next to their names

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2020, 09:52:01 AM »
Well Tim, if you look closely, you'll see there is a brief description of who they are right next to their names

I legitimately laughed out loud at this.

:hifive:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2020, 10:19:02 AM »

Offline T-ski

« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2020, 11:05:59 AM »
here's the DLo to Minnesota trade....

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Golden State has agreed to trade D'Angelo Russell to Minnesota for a deal that includes Andrew Wiggins, a 2021 protected first-round pick and a 2022 second-round pick, league sources tell ESPN. Warriors will send Jacob Evans and Omari Spellman to Timberwolves too.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2020, 11:17:38 AM »
I don't understand why the Warriors signed up on this. Wiggins is not worth the money they are paying him and getting just 2 draft picks doesn't seem to cut it. They are not saving much cash either since those other 2 guys are on contracts below 2M.

Samsara got what he wanted in the end. We'll see if it's enough for the wolves to go somewhere

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2020, 02:16:12 PM »
 :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat

All Hail Gersson Rosas. Miracle worker.

Wolves get their PG, get cap space, get picks. Been here less than a year and is making it happen. Very, very pleased.

I'm gonna go soak up these positive vibes for a while.

For GS fans -- you're getting an incredible talent in Wiggins. The trick is getting his motor to run. Some nights he'll look like the best player in the NBA. He can't be stopped going to the rim. Other nights, he'll float and just do nothing. And you'll wonder WTF is up. Great guy, but inconsistent in terms of engagement and effort. For his sake, I'm wishing him total success.

Samsara got what he wanted in the end. We'll see if it's enough for the wolves to go somewhere

A lot more work to be done. But we've got our PG and C. Now its about pieces and maintaining flexibility. I'm not caring about the rest of this season. 32 games left, it's about seeing what parts fit, and the offseason moves. With what the Wolves have done, they have cap space to be players in the offseason.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2020, 06:28:37 PM »
Sam, I literally almost texted you today when I heard the news. Work was an unrelenting bitch today though.  I knew you'd be so happy.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2020, 08:12:43 PM »

Hah!  Still doesn't help. I'm 51, not 101.!! Dammit!

• DT.net Member
« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2020, 08:24:26 PM »
Wow. The Pelicans in the time span from 3:54-0:06.1 in the 4th quarter surrendered a 23-4 run and nearly bungled a game where they were up by 23 inside of 4 minutes remaining. They were actually playing scared with a double digit lead with under a minute remaining. That's some poor coaching and even poorer playing.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2020, 08:53:52 AM »
Sam, I literally almost texted you today when I heard the news. Work was an unrelenting bitch today though.  I knew you'd be so happy.

Over the moon. I have off today, and have a list of things to do. But at 10 a.m. my time, all the new players have their introductory presser in MPLS, with D Lo as the headliner. So, you know what I'll be doing at 10 a.m.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #226 on: February 11, 2020, 09:21:36 AM »
p.s. The Raptors are good. We got a big one at home vs the Clippers the other night. I didn't expect to walk into Toronto and win. But we put up a good fight for three quarters. Wolves are exciting again. Man, this is going to be good.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #227 on: February 11, 2020, 11:01:58 AM »
And last night without Gasol and Powell (injury), or Ibaka (sickness).  With all the mangames lost, what the Raptors are doing is truly remarkable.  Crazy to comprehend that they have a BETTER record as the break than last year - without Kawhi.

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #228 on: February 11, 2020, 12:17:56 PM »
And last night without Gasol and Powell (injury), or Ibaka (sickness).  With all the mangames lost, what the Raptors are doing is truly remarkable.  Crazy to comprehend that they have a BETTER record as the break than last year - without Kawhi.

To be fair, the Wolves have an entirely new roster, so they had their own hurdles. It was an entertaining game, and the Raptors are just damn good. Although the playoffs are a different beast. Can Lowry or Siakam be the closer that Leonard was for you guys? The regular season never tells. The postseason will. We just don't know, which is what makes it exciting.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #229 on: February 11, 2020, 12:42:01 PM »

To be fair, the Wolves have an entirely new roster, so they had their own hurdles. It was an entertaining game, and the Raptors are just damn good. Although the playoffs are a different beast. Can Lowry or Siakam be the closer that Leonard was for you guys? The regular season never tells. The postseason will. We just don't know, which is what makes it exciting.

No disagreement on anything you said.  I'm just saying to be overall #3 in the league with A) expectations entering the season were that they'd be a middle-of-the-pack East team, and B) the 5th most mangames lost in the league - every starter at one point has lost a meaningful number of games - Lowry, FVV, Siakim, Powell and Gasol... as well as a number of their depth players.

And yeah... I still don't think they have it to come out of the east.... maybe not even get past Boston or Philly.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #230 on: February 11, 2020, 01:12:10 PM »
Raptors are showing what a mentally tough team they are this season.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2020, 02:33:34 PM »
Raptors are showing what a mentally tough team they are this season.

Totally. As an NBA junkie, I'm really excited to see what they can do in the East playoffs. My head tells me they don't have enough talent to get to the ECF. But talent isn't everything. They are battle-tested and really good. For me, it goes to what I said above...do they have a closer? Can Siakam make yet ANOTHER jump so soon, going from All Star to a true #1 dog in the playoffs? If he can and does, its hard to bet against the Raps. We'll see this spring.

I still think Milwaukee goes all the way to the Finals. If Giannis keeps working on that jumper throughout the season, and you have to guard him beyond the 3 pt arc, the league is in trouble. BIG trouble. LOL.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2020, 02:38:10 PM »
My head tells me they don't have enough talent to get to the ECF.

This isn't meant as a slight against Kawhi, but I don't think that, even with him, that had the talent to be NBA champs last year.  But they showed incredible heart, discipline, and drive that, combined with their talent, got them the crown.

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #233 on: February 15, 2020, 07:06:25 PM »
Seeing it in action, I actually like the extra 3 point shots (Mountain Dew zone).

Offline T-ski

« Reply #234 on: February 16, 2020, 08:48:42 AM »
just end the dunk competition already, its a farce.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #235 on: February 16, 2020, 01:05:23 PM »
10000000% agreed. I watched a 15-minute "highlight" video of it on youtube and it seemed like 70% of the dunks were dudes jumping "over" people that they didn't even clear but only made it over because they violently teabagged 'em as they lowered their heads so far their necks almost snapped.

It's also pathetic how half of the dunks get 50s now too.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2020, 06:50:02 AM »
Watched a highlight package of the game.  Seems as though the players took it more seriously each quarter?  The 4th looked like it was actually close to a real basketball game.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2020, 07:25:52 AM »
Watched a highlight package of the game.  Seems as though the players took it more seriously each quarter?  The 4th looked like it was actually close to a real basketball game.

there was max effort, especially defensively in the 4th, however, it was an abomination of offense to say the least.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2020, 08:02:57 AM »

I watched until almost to the end. The defensive intensity definitely picked up as the game went on.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2020, 10:29:02 AM »
Given that most of you know by now that I'm a hoops junkie, this may seem a surprise, but I didn't watch a second of the All Star game. No interest. I did watch the Futures game on Friday, and the skills/3 pt/dunk content on Saturday, but I wasn't into watching the actual AS game this year. Part of it was that I didn't want the continued coverage of Kobe (honestly, I just don't want to think about it any longer, as it makes me sad), and all the changes to the format had me rolling my eyes.  :\

I still say, you throw 100 million out there (from sponsors), roll the ball out, and watch those guys FULLY compete on on offense and defense. Winner take all. Money talks. And then we'd have one hell of a competitive game.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2020, 11:00:20 AM »
The last 6 mins of the 3rd and the entirety of the 4th were really fun to watch.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2020, 12:28:05 PM »
Wasn't this supposed to be some kind of blow out?   :angel: ;D ;)
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #242 on: February 21, 2020, 07:54:37 PM »
Lakers planning to wave Cousins  :o to sign markieff Morris

Offline dparrott

« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2020, 01:01:00 AM »
Kyrie out for season.  Nets fans just waiting for October now when him and KD come back. 
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2020, 08:27:05 AM »
the post season needs to start, watching the Bucks dominate everyone is becoming boring.