Author Topic: Official '19-'20 NHL Thread - v. Hedman is a cupman.  (Read 65664 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Official '19-'20 NHL Thread - v. Elite Eight
« Reply #1120 on: September 01, 2020, 05:23:15 AM »
Maroon with a nice screen

I thought of you. It's funny, but I didn't notice Maroon all game. No way little Krugie was going to push his fat ass out of the way.

Going to be an interesting off season for the Bruins. I told Joe offline that Bergeron wears the C whether Chara comes back or not. The NBC crew seemed pretty sure about Chara being done in Boston, even saying that if he plays, he won't be wearing a Bostin sweater.

It was notable as Chara stormed directly off the ice after the handshake line. Usually, Chara and Bergeron stand at the door as the team exits the ice. Last night it was only Bergeron.  If that wasn't passing the torch, I don't know what is.

The Bruins with very little cap room will likely be unable to resign Krug (UFA). Debrusk is in line for his second contract, but he is barely a 2nd line winger. And Rask is entering the final year of his contract.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1121 on: September 01, 2020, 05:32:19 AM »
That was one of those games where the better team more deserving of the win didn’t get it. Hey peppered Vasilevsky, but it didn’t seem like there were a lot of high quality chances. I got he sense that TB had more dangerous chances, and Halak was up to the task, as opposed to the last two games. And all without Kucherov. Wonder how long he’ll be out for?

If the Isle finish off the Flyers, it’ll be interesting to see if they can slow down the Bolts. They look like they’re on a mission.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1122 on: September 01, 2020, 07:13:52 AM »
May not have to worry about that Tim if Chara retires and it sounds like that is a possibility.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1123 on: September 01, 2020, 07:31:47 AM »
Speaking of which, Tampa is hungry. They beat back the absolute shitshow that was last years postseason, got a quick punch against them when the Bruins took game 1, but got woken up and are not looking back. Bruins might muster enough to sneak another game in, but I have Tampa taking it in six at most.

To be fair, I think the Bs played well enough to win that last game, but sometimes things don't go your way. If the Islanders win tonight against a sputtering Flyers team Tampa should eat them alive, again in 5 or 6. That said if somehow the Flyers manage to right the ship this round they will give the Bolts a hell of a run next round.

For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1124 on: September 01, 2020, 07:44:30 AM »
This is logic that I cannot comprehend.  If Isle win, they'll get manhandled by the Bolts.  But the Flyers could give them a run for their money, when they're on the verge of getting eliminated by a team that you think can't.

:splode:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1125 on: September 01, 2020, 07:48:43 AM »
This is logic that I cannot comprehend.  If Isle win, they'll get manhandled by the Bolts.  But the Flyers could give them a run for their money, when they're on the verge of getting eliminated by a team that you think can't.

I'll do this in numbers to make it a bit easier to explain.

Tampa have played as a consistent 9, which is what you'd expect.

Isles have  played as a consistent 8, which is what you'd expect.

Flyers have been playing at 7 or 7.5 this round, which is why they are down to the Islanders, but are capable of playing at 9, and if they can somehow manage to get back there they might turn this series around, and if so can potentially beat Tampa as well.

It comes down to the Islanders have not been winning the series because they are the better team, they are winning it because the Flyers have not played overly well.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1126 on: September 01, 2020, 07:58:14 AM »
Everyone is capable of playing to a 9 or a 7 at anytime - Dallas / Avs series is proving that at this very moment.  Wish for the Flyers to play *consistently* to a 9 all you want, it hasn't happened yet.

A wish in one hand, and shit in the other ... see which fills up first.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1127 on: September 01, 2020, 08:00:40 AM »
Everyone is capable of playing to a 9 or a 7 at anytime - Dallas / Avs series is proving that at this very moment.  Wish for the Flyers to play *consistently* to a 9 all you want, it hasn't happened yet.

Disagree on both counts. Teams have ceilings, that is the best they are capable of playing given everyone doing their absolute best. Islanders are there, Tampa is there, Flyers are not even close. Parts of the round robin and certainly the end of the regular season showed what our ceiling is.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1128 on: September 01, 2020, 08:24:48 AM »

Disagree on both counts. Teams have ceilings, that is the best they are capable of playing given everyone doing their absolute best. Islanders are there, Tampa is there, Flyers are not even close. Parts of the round robin and certainly the end of the regular season showed what our ceiling is.

I agree with that.  I mean, Detroit is only so good.  But, I do believe that the Islanders are capable of shutting down ANY team.  Don't underestimate Trotz, or the power of a defensive minded style/system. Hell, it made the Devils a contender and 3-time winner for a decade.  The Isles very much remind me of that NJD team/system.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1129 on: September 01, 2020, 08:58:05 AM »
If you have a group of guys that are 'all in' on your coaches system and message......that's a hard team to beat. you start getting the results and the belief that no one can beat you crops in and the next thing you know you're dominating. There are some stinker teams out there that simply don't have the talent....but in large part most of the teams in the NHL have the talent available that if properly motivated....could turn into a team that is really tough to beat.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1130 on: September 01, 2020, 06:29:12 PM »
That looked like goalie interference to me.🤷‍♂️
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1131 on: September 01, 2020, 06:34:47 PM »

Yeah, I am not happy about that. I am all for factoring if a guy was pushed into the crease. But he just fucking stood there, and then on top of it grabbed a Flyers stick. I am prepared to lose this series, but I'd rather not see it decided by bullshit like that.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1132 on: September 01, 2020, 08:35:59 PM »

Yeah, I am not happy about that. I am all for factoring if a guy was pushed into the crease. But he just fucking stood there, and then on top of it grabbed a Flyers stick. I am prepared to lose this series, but I'd rather not see it decided by bullshit like that.

Luckily it didn’t matter, and as a Rangers fan I don’t particularly like either of these teams, but that type of non-call just shouldn’t happen in the second round of the playoffs. Oh well. The Flyers ended up winning anyway and my bracket stays un-fucked for at least one more game lol.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
Re: Official '19-'20 NHL Thread - v. Bruins are Boston Bound
« Reply #1133 on: September 02, 2020, 10:41:18 AM »
As much as there was improvement for the Flyers it's unnerving they let a late lead slip in both of their victories this round. But at least now there is hope they are going in the right direction and could actually maybe squeak this out.

How about that Vancouver game though?

On one hand, how cool for Thatcher Demko to have his first playoff start and save 42 of 43 carrying his team to victory. On the other hand how the fuck do the Canucks allow a goalie in his first playoff game take 43 shots on goal?!?

A great story for that game, but further cements that there is 0% chance the Knights lose the next two games.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1134 on: September 02, 2020, 10:48:14 AM »
Jake Allen traded to Montreal for a 3rd and 7th first round picks in 2020 and 7th round in 2022. That clears $4.35 million cap space next year. Looks like they're trying to make room to sign Petrangelo.....but from what's been reported the sides 'aren't close'. I'm curious as to if it's the salary or term length....or both? 8 years for a 30 year old defender with the mileage he has on him is crazy to do. He will be 'worth' it for 3, maybe 4 more seasons but after that you're paying for an aging defender who is worsening with every shift.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1135 on: September 02, 2020, 10:49:09 AM »
On one hand, how cool for Thatcher Demko to have his first playoff start and save 42 of 43 carrying his team to victory. On the other hand how the fuck do the Canucks allow a goalie in his first playoff game take 43 shots on goal?!?

A great story for that game, but further cements that there is 0% chance the Knights lose the next two games.

No kidding. And the types of saves as well. There were a lot of tough ones.....it's really surprising at least one or two of them didn't go in. It was just his night.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1136 on: September 03, 2020, 06:05:58 AM »
Man did I get it completely backwards.  After all three series were at 2-1, I said to jingle.son that I thought Boston/TB was the only one that would go 6 or 7.  :lolpalm:

Amazing how quick the tides can turn.  Dallas seems rather ordinary now.  Hutchinson let a softie in, and got lucky on at least two other pucks that went thru him, but didn't get across the line.

Isles and Vegas close things out tonight.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1137 on: September 03, 2020, 05:35:48 PM »
Isles off to a great start for that!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1138 on: September 03, 2020, 06:10:02 PM »
That may be the single worst challenge I've ever seen a coach make.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1139 on: September 03, 2020, 07:34:28 PM »
Huge PK by the Flyers.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1140 on: September 03, 2020, 07:51:56 PM »
Was watching the Raptors miracle win, but now watching OT. By the sounds of it, Varlomov has single handed lay kept the Flyers in this.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1141 on: September 03, 2020, 07:52:59 PM »
single handed lay

The story of everyone's youth.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1142 on: September 03, 2020, 07:56:12 PM »
single handed lay

The story of everyone's youth.

:rollin :rollin

What a glorious autocorrect

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1143 on: September 03, 2020, 08:06:04 PM »
Pussy move there by Giroux to scream and shake his hand on that slash to his STICK.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1144 on: September 03, 2020, 08:08:36 PM »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1145 on: September 03, 2020, 09:03:42 PM »
Wonder what Nick is doing Saturday night?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1146 on: September 03, 2020, 09:16:09 PM »
Single hand lay?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1148 on: September 03, 2020, 09:52:39 PM »
The longer this series goes, the more rest Tampa gets. The more rest Tampa gets, the more dangerous they are. It’s looking very likely that they take the East.

-MirrorMask

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1149 on: September 03, 2020, 10:19:25 PM »
Whistles.....  3 series where a team lead the series 3-1 is now going to 7 games.  One of the Knights, Islanders, Stars got to win one of these right?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1150 on: September 04, 2020, 11:39:09 AM »
Man did I get it completely backwards.  After all three series were at 2-1, I said to jingle.son that I thought Boston/TB was the only one that would go 6 or 7.  :lolpalm:

Amazing how quick the tides can turn.  Dallas seems rather ordinary now.  Hutchinson let a softie in, and got lucky on at least two other pucks that went thru him, but didn't get across the line.

Isles and Vegas close things out tonight.

I AM SMASHING IT WITH MY PREDICTIONS!!! :lol

Holy smokes does Thatcher Demko look amazing!  Tonight ought to be interesting.  B2B for a Game 7 is nuts!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1151 on: September 04, 2020, 05:08:22 PM »
You know, I really would've appreciated it if the Stars made it out of the second round last year.

I'm rooting for Dallas. I would love to see Rick Bowness win the Cup.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1152 on: September 04, 2020, 07:22:25 PM »
I know I said it before, but how freaking amazing was that Avs/Stars series?

I still feel confident that if Vegas plays the way they've been they will win tonight. Demko can only do so much and their luck has to run out.

As for Saturday night, Chad, any chance you could predict a huge blowout by the Islanders?

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1153 on: September 04, 2020, 09:05:32 PM »
Yeah, if I'm the Golden Knights, I know that Canucks are not putting pressure on Lehner right now. They just got to keep pounding on Demko.  All they need is only one to go in and ride the rest of the way to the next round.

Edit: Yep, Golden Knights had that one goal and that's all they needed to cruise the last 6 minutes of the game.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 10:22:59 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1154 on: September 04, 2020, 11:33:53 PM »
The Knights are almost unbelievable at this point. SCF in their inaugural season, 2nd round (?) in 2nd season, at least the WCF in 3rd season. Crazy shit. Setting the bar pretty high for Seattle