Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 341872 times)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #3080 on: February 02, 2022, 02:39:40 PM »
:lol  I just ordered from JJ's.  Got the "buy 2 get 1 half off" deal.  I went to pick up my order.  :hat
Buy two get one half off? What the hell kind of deal is that? "Buy four get one free!"  :lol

25% off the full price is a good deal no matter what you're buying.  ;)
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3081 on: February 02, 2022, 02:39:59 PM »
THERE is a place.  "It's over there.  Right there!"

THEIR is a group possessive.  "They have their tickets."

THEY'RE is a contraction of THEY ARE.  "When they see what you did, they're gonna be pissed."
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3082 on: February 02, 2022, 02:46:21 PM »
I misspoke, Hef. I do know the difference, but it doesn't automatically, correctly, spring from my fingers when I type. I have to think about it way too much to get things right. It's disappointing, really.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3083 on: February 02, 2022, 02:55:07 PM »
I just ordered from Jimmy Johns (there own delivery employees). Happy now, Tim?!

I'm only happy if you enjoyed your meal. ;D

I did. So you're happy.

I'd be happier if I could ever learn the difference between their, they're, and there. That quote embarrasses me completely.

Just so you know, I did see the mistake but did not point it out, because, it's not like I'm a dick or anything. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3084 on: February 02, 2022, 03:04:38 PM »
Uh huh.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3085 on: February 02, 2022, 04:29:55 PM »
I misspoke, Hef. I do know the difference, but it doesn't automatically, correctly, spring from my fingers when I type. I have to think about it way too much to get things right. It's disappointing, really.

Every once in a while, I see that I've messed that up (or "your" and "you're").  I immediately check if I still have time to edit the post.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3086 on: February 02, 2022, 10:30:38 PM »

Every once in a while, I see that I've messed that up (or "your" and "you're").  I immediately check if I still have time to edit the post.

Haha, yeah I do that too.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3087 on: February 03, 2022, 06:54:17 AM »
I get it.

FYI, that lesson was just as much for king as it was for you lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3088 on: February 03, 2022, 06:56:58 AM »
 :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3089 on: February 03, 2022, 07:15:08 AM »
I get it.

FYI, that lesson was just as much for king as it was for you lol

Aren't I a lost cause? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #3090 on: February 04, 2022, 02:13:53 PM »
Yesterday a couple of co-workers and I were discussing the different flavours of Metamucil. That’s a dead give-away that we are all in our 50s  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3091 on: February 04, 2022, 02:14:49 PM »
Yesterday a couple of co-workers and I were discussing the different flavours of Metamucil. That’s a dead give-away that we are all in our 50s  :lol

Oh wow! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3092 on: February 06, 2022, 06:47:54 AM »
Jesus fuck

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3093 on: February 06, 2022, 03:16:16 PM »

Well.......did we agree on a favourite?

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3094 on: February 06, 2022, 10:06:17 PM »

Get your gallbladder out. I used to have to take regular fiber supplements until my gallbladder almost killed me. Now with the same diet as before I can regularly hit the trifecta without issue.

It's kinda nice.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3095 on: February 07, 2022, 12:40:05 AM »

I tend to notice my misspellings after I've sent an email and then see my note when it's attached to that person's response.  Even more irritating,.... is when someone has quoted me in this forum....knowing I'll never be able to modify my post.   >:(

I have been a 'Murphy Brown' and fired thousands of proofreaders in my time, and will no doubt fire plenty more before my time is up.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3096 on: February 08, 2022, 07:38:13 AM »
I had a chat with the senior partner of our business yesterday. I told him that starting next week, I'll be cutting back my hours at the office to 20 per week. I'll be doing half days Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, with a full day on Friday. He took it really well and even refused my offer to trim back my salary. His only request was that I be available by phone to address any emergency issues that may arise. Pretty reasonable, I suppose. It will be nice to have the extra time for home projects, golf with Mrs. P, honing my bbq and PlayStation skills, and generally enjoying more of my life.

Still, it would be nice if he would take my warnings of needing a firm exit strategy for all of us. I reminded him that in three years, I'll be eligible for Social Security benefits and plan to retire full time by then. His response was, he plans to keep going as we are because he can't imagine what he'd do with himself if he didn't work. SMH

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #3097 on: February 11, 2022, 09:46:52 AM »

Well.......did we agree on a favourite?

:lol.  Everyone agrees that the original unflavoured Metamucil is nasty. I have to go with the orange powder that you mix with water.

You can get it in pill form too.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #3098 on: February 11, 2022, 09:50:20 AM »
I had a chat with the senior partner of our business yesterday. I told him that starting next week, I'll be cutting back my hours at the office to 20 per week. I'll be doing half days Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, with a full day on Friday. He took it really well and even refused my offer to trim back my salary. His only request was that I be available by phone to address any emergency issues that may arise. Pretty reasonable, I suppose. It will be nice to have the extra time for home projects, golf with Mrs. P, honing my bbq and PlayStation skills, and generally enjoying more of my life.

Still, it would be nice if he would take my warnings of needing a firm exit strategy for all of us. I reminded him that in three years, I'll be eligible for Social Security benefits and plan to retire full time by then. His response was, he plans to keep going as we are because he can't imagine what he'd do with himself if he didn't work. SMH

It’s great that you can reduce your hours with no cut in pay. A nice way to ease into retirement.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3099 on: February 16, 2022, 02:42:03 PM »

That's awesome Gregg, legit that your salary remains the same too.  You probably being the man you are and offering to cut it back helped you not getting it cut back!

That bolded part sounds like someone I know......

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3100 on: February 16, 2022, 03:13:46 PM »

That's awesome Gregg, legit that your salary remains the same too.  You probably being the man you are and offering to cut it back helped you not getting it cut back!

That bolded part sounds like someone I know......

Who?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3101 on: February 16, 2022, 03:14:44 PM »
Pretty sure he's referring to himself. I feel like I'm the same way too.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3102 on: February 16, 2022, 03:18:48 PM »
Really, guys? You can't think of what you would do with your time if you're not working? Man, that's about all I think about. I work for money, but I've been doing the same job (essentially) for 42 fuckin' years and I absolutely despise it. I only work half days, and I can't wait to leave every day.  :lol

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3103 on: February 16, 2022, 03:22:16 PM »
Same here, except I don't hate my job.  But I sure as hell am not doing it for fun or because I have nothing better to do.  I turn 60 this year, and last year both of my sisters retired (one two years older, the other four years younger), but I've got about five more years to go, according to the latest projections.  But if something big changed and I could retire right now, I would.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3104 on: February 16, 2022, 03:26:46 PM »
Really, guys? You can't think of what you would do with your time if you're not working? Man, that's about all I think about. I work for money, but I've been doing the same job (essentially) for 42 fuckin' years and I absolutely despise it. I only work half days, and I can't wait to leave every day.  :lol

I'm younger so in a different stage in my life I guess.

I've chatted before with a couple of others but yeah, I've been in my job for almost 15 years and it's consumed my time.  I've sacrificed life for my job and money.  I'm only 37 (38 in May) so I still have heaps of time to change.  I guess I see this part of my life where I work the most to try and get ahead to set myself up later in life.  I'm slowly seeing now money is not everything, but now I work so much, yeah, I'd struggle if I didn't go to work each day, I'd be lost.  I work on average 70 hours a week, and I'm not exaggerating.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3105 on: February 16, 2022, 03:31:10 PM »

I'm 53 so I have at least 10 years left before retirement. But i also changed positions in April to an easy job with no real pressure. Plus I work 5-1, so I can do this forever.

The thing will be trying to coordinate retirement ages with The Lovely Mrs TAC because there's a 5 year gap between us. We haven't set a plan or a date yet. I know she wants to scale back a bit, but will likely hang in there until my son graduates college (he's a freshman).

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3106 on: February 16, 2022, 03:33:51 PM »

42 years is a fucking long time doing the same thing though.  I guess though how much you hate it is where it matters though.  I thought I used to despise it, but I don't, so spending so much time there is okay with me at the moment.  It's more of a home than my actual home, not good I know.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3107 on: February 16, 2022, 03:40:31 PM »
I'm on about a 6-7 year horizon for retirement / financial independence, and since mrs.jingle doesn't have a paid career, we will sync up whenever it does happen.  If I enjoy my job well enough, I'll likely keep working to pad the finances.  But, when I do cut-the-career, I know exactly the things I'd be doing to fill that void of time.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3108 on: February 16, 2022, 03:45:15 PM »
I'm on about a 6-7 year horizon for retirement / financial independence, and since mrs.jingle doesn't have a paid career, we will sync up whenever it does happen.  If I enjoy my job well enough, I'll likely keep working to pad the finances.  But, when I do cut-the-career, I know exactly the things I'd be doing to fill that void of time.

Knowing this I'd imagine must make things a lot easier to plan out.  Seeing an end in sight and having a timeline on something would certainly make it easier to deal with and work through.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3109 on: February 16, 2022, 03:58:22 PM »
Also, keep in mind that Mrs. P has been (officially) retired for the past four years. She still does some consulting/coaching work, and a bit of academic research writing as an adjunct professor for a local college--all of which she does from home. Add in the fact that she's my favorite person on the planet and I'd love nothing more than to spend all my time with her and you'll begin to see why I'd rather not be in the office dealing with whiny customers and apathetic employees.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3110 on: February 16, 2022, 04:03:27 PM »
So are you saying that More DTFing has nothing to do with it? :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3111 on: February 16, 2022, 04:07:15 PM »
Hell, I do most of my DTFing from the office!  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3112 on: February 16, 2022, 04:19:46 PM »

Same here  :yarr

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3113 on: February 16, 2022, 04:21:44 PM »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3114 on: February 16, 2022, 05:05:51 PM »

Don't we all?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion