Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 215506 times)

Offline Dream Team

Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #1225 on: October 01, 2017, 12:34:58 PM »
So the Steelers are beating their arch rival 19-0 on the road, and Antonio Brown is throwing a tantrum on the sideline because he didn't get the ball enough. I officially now hate that punk.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1226 on: October 01, 2017, 12:36:07 PM »
So the Steelers are beating their arch rival 19-0 on the road, and Antonio Brown is throwing a tantrum on the sideline because he didn't get the ball enough. I officially now hate that punk.

Now?? So his video while the coach was speaking in the locker room last year didn't do it for you? The guy seems like a douche.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1227 on: October 01, 2017, 12:38:01 PM »
AB is kind of an asshole, but at least he isn't complacent.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1228 on: October 01, 2017, 12:39:26 PM »
He's an awesome receiver.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1229 on: October 01, 2017, 12:48:38 PM »

Now?? So his video while the coach was speaking in the locker room last year didn't do it for you? The guy seems like a douche.

I was well on my way after that video. It's now officially official.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1230 on: October 01, 2017, 01:00:35 PM »
I've never seen a Patriots team so bad at tackling. You count on them to have a firm grasp of the fundamentals, but their front seven is playing like high-schoolers.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1231 on: October 01, 2017, 01:01:52 PM »
AB lost me long ago, today has been another example why. The dude is a fantastic WR, that’s pretty much the only good thing I can think of to say about him.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1232 on: October 01, 2017, 01:04:48 PM »
I've never seen a Patriots team so bad at tackling. You count on them to have a firm grasp of the fundamentals, but their front seven is playing like high-schoolers.

Their defense absolutely blows. That call against Gillmore..He has sucked big time this year. They should've just paid Butler instead of fucking with him.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1233 on: October 01, 2017, 01:09:31 PM »

Their defense absolutely blows. That call against Gillmore..He has sucked big time this year. They should've just paid Butler instead of fucking with him.
I'm much more annoyed with Rowe than Gillmore. In any case, it doesn't matter how good your secondary is if your front seven doesn't exist.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1234 on: October 01, 2017, 01:20:53 PM »
The defense and the offense of line absolutely terrible.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1235 on: October 01, 2017, 01:53:52 PM »
These stupid penalties that should be avoided are going to cost the Pats the game.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #1236 on: October 01, 2017, 01:56:25 PM »
Half-watching the Jets game, made the comment that they seemed almost competent, and not ten seconds later was the backwards-pass-scoop-and-score.  Sorry for jinxing them, Bill!
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1237 on: October 01, 2017, 02:03:10 PM »
Are the Bills for real, or is that two fluke's in a row?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1238 on: October 01, 2017, 02:04:41 PM »
Uncharacteristic penalties that could be avoided by the Patriots other downfall.   you had them stopped on 3rd down you should have the ball back with two minutes to go terrible terrible undisciplined play.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1239 on: October 01, 2017, 02:11:37 PM »
Half-watching the Jets game,

The Pats' defense was half watching the Panthers game.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1240 on: October 01, 2017, 02:22:59 PM »
Carolina win at New England.

Buffalo wins at Atlanta.

LA Rans win at Dallas.

The early season craziness continues.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1241 on: October 01, 2017, 02:41:35 PM »
Half-watching the Jets game, made the comment that they seemed almost competent, and not ten seconds later was the backwards-pass-scoop-and-score.  Sorry for jinxing them, Bill!

You almost owed me a beer for that.

Joe, you'd have to have offered me pretty good odds to take the bet that four games into the season the Jets and Pats would be tied in the division and looking up at the Bills :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1242 on: October 01, 2017, 02:45:45 PM »
Seriously. :lol. That's why you play these games.  Like Kev said, what a crazy season so far.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #1243 on: October 01, 2017, 03:46:00 PM »
What a game from Houston and the rookie quarterback.
I thought the Titans defense would have played better.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1244 on: October 01, 2017, 03:53:50 PM »
What a game from Houston and the rookie quarterback.

Yeah, he lit up the Patriots last week. Well, now that I think of it, that isn't that difficult..

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1245 on: October 01, 2017, 05:52:42 PM »
Antonio Brown is a great receiver, and went to Central Michigan, so there's two good things to say about him ;)

Ravens really showed up for the rivalry game today (no, this wasn't a bye week after London).  They were only going to be an average team at best before the injuries, now they are just bad. 

Carr and Mariota hurt again. 

The only constants this year seem to be Rogers, Brady, and the Denver defense.

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1246 on: October 01, 2017, 05:55:10 PM »

The Patriots defense is also pretty constant. Constantly sucking.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1247 on: October 01, 2017, 06:31:35 PM »

Let's not forget Kareem Hunt and Todd Gurley. ;)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1248 on: October 01, 2017, 06:32:37 PM »
Yes Kev.  They have been dynamite.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1249 on: October 01, 2017, 06:35:58 PM »
And yes, a part of this is frustration because of fantasy football, but the Patriots sure gave up a lot to get a decoy WR.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1250 on: October 01, 2017, 06:38:57 PM »
Yeah, and apparently they signed a decoy CB.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1251 on: October 01, 2017, 07:21:22 PM »
The damn firewall won't let me quote Angels 'Falcons are the lock of the week' post.

Apparently they forgot the combination to that lock.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1252 on: October 01, 2017, 07:23:05 PM »
The firewall has been a bitch lately.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1253 on: October 01, 2017, 07:30:33 PM »
Just a thought as I'm sitting here watching the late game that occurred to me about AB. I didn't get to watch the game live because I don't have Sunday ticket this year (I'm a poor sumbitch), but I did see a pic on a news feed of a gatorade cooler that he appeared to have tossed. I'm in no way trying to make excuses for poor behavior, but I don't remember seeing anything like this from him before he took that massive head shot a few years ago in the bengals playoff game. Never underestimate the effects of a serious brain injury. It still doesn't excuse the behavior, but it may explain it.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1254 on: October 02, 2017, 06:57:56 AM »
Uncharacteristic penalties that could be avoided by the Patriots other downfall.   you had them stopped on 3rd down you should have the ball back with two minutes to go terrible terrible undisciplined play.

And this is what will send Bill into apoplexy.  It's one thing to be beaten through hard nosed football.  Another, entirely, to undermine your own effort.   There's going to be a lot of sore throats and hurt feelings in that locker room this week (short week).  I don't want to be Tampa Bay, though.  One of these weeks, some poor team is going to get just annihilated in the annual Patriots' "statement" game.   

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #1255 on: October 02, 2017, 08:34:44 AM »
So I got tickets from work to go to the New Orleans vs Miami match at Wembley yesterday.  I have a very, very limited understanding of the sport, I kind off knew the basics - 4 downs to get 10 meters, knew how the points are scored etc and I can name about 5 players - Joe Montana, Dan Marino,  Lawrence Taylor, erm The Fridge?.....and erm OK I could name 4'ish.

So anyway, aside from briefly watching a highlights show in the 90's I never really watched any 'Gridiron' before.   But I went along anyway, pretty great atmosphere - I was surprised by how many American's were in the stadium.   As for the game - Gee there is a lot of stop/starting and penalty calls in this game isn't there?   There was some pretty interesting stuff, but the game was pretty one sided, and many people around me said it was a poor match.   Still I had a good time, cooler than Rugby Union for sure  ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1256 on: October 02, 2017, 08:39:52 AM »
So I got tickets from work to go to the New Orleans vs Miami match at Wembley yesterday.  I have a very, very limited understanding of the sport, I kind off knew the basics - 4 downs to get 10 meters, knew how the points are scored etc and I can name about 5 players - Joe Montana, Dan Marino,  Lawrence Taylor, erm The Fridge?.....and erm OK I could name 4'ish.

So anyway, aside from briefly watching a highlights show in the 90's I never really watched any 'Gridiron' before.   But I went along anyway, pretty great atmosphere - I was surprised by how many American's were in the stadium.   As for the game - Gee there is a lot of stop/starting and penalty calls in this game isn't there?   There was some pretty interesting stuff, but the game was pretty one sided, and many people around me said it was a poor match.   Still I had a good time, cooler than Rugby Union for sure  ;D

and it's ten YARDS.  ;)  :)  :) 

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1257 on: October 02, 2017, 10:26:27 AM »

The Patriots defense is also pretty constant. Constantly sucking.

I was surprised to hear that the Pats have given up the most points so far this year.

Carolina win at New England.

Buffalo wins at Atlanta.

LA Rans win at Dallas.

The early season craziness continues.

Part of me likes the parody.  Part of me really hates it.   >:(
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Cable

« Reply #1258 on: October 02, 2017, 10:54:08 AM »
Or parity.  ;)
---

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1259 on: October 02, 2017, 10:55:39 AM »
Well, it is the modern NFL we are talking about. "Parody" fits just as well.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."