Author Topic: LithoJazzoSphere Roulette V1: Variety & Reciprocity (Post-Roulette Playlist)  (Read 116001 times)

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Yep. 

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Based on the impressions that could be mine, this doesn't bode well. :sadpanda:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
10:  I'm not sure there's quite enough happening over the runtime for me, though the ending of the second song might elevate it a bit. 

Definitely Hypno5e

17:  Here we have a better example of how to execute a genre I typically haven't cared for. 

18:  My tastes in this broad style are mostly frozen decades ago, and this might be a bit abstract an update for me, but there are certainly some piquant traits that could blossom. 

One of these is Kendrick.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
#10 could be Rishloo?

Shocked it's not Hypno5e though.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
just gonna shoot my shot on #16 tbh

Not quite, but you're getting warm...
4? 11? idk

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
11 it is. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
@ Ariich..unless you're already familiar, don't listen to the band I sent. If they're not on your list, they're going to be on mine.  ;D

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Mine must surely be 2, 6 or 9.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
@ Ariich..unless you're already familiar, don't listen to the band I sent. If they're not on your list, they're going to be on mine.  ;D
I don't do much checking out of submissions in other roulettes at the best of times, but especially not when I have a roulette of my own approaching or in progress.

I don't know them so you're good.

I be am boner inducing.

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Mine must surely be 6.
Great, that's the one I was hoping for as it's how I feel about their stuff too!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline SoundscapeMN

12:  I didn't realize that U2 and The Tea Party did an album together. 

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Yep. 

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Getting my EP edited. :corn
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I worked on it a bit a few weeks ago. Mostly adding possible songs. I do have a direction so there's that.
I do need to get back to it.

Online Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train

I worked on it a bit a few weeks ago. Mostly adding possible songs. I do have a direction so there's that.

It's the longest EP I've made for a roulette (except for maybe the concept album round from your EP roulette, if that counts), and it might be my favorite too. It's some Grade-A TAC Repellent, though. :biggrin:
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

It's the longest EP I've made for a roulette (except for maybe the concept album round from your EP roulette, if that counts), and it might be my favorite too. It's some Grade-A TAC Repellent, though. :biggrin:

Has some good vocals, huh?

Online Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train

Has some good vocals, huh?

Not a single harsh vocal to be found. :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Electronic EP!!

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Did I miss the EP rules somewhere?
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
4 or 16, but could be 2 as well.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Lethean

9 maybe?

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Did I miss the EP rules somewhere?

They're pretty loose and I haven't finalized them yet, but the basic idea is up to 45 minutes, at least three different artists, but no more than a third of the runtime should come from any one artist. 

Round 9 Early Impressions:

1:  This is exactly what I expected from them, but it's quite well done, so it could work. 

2:  They have a rather unusual hybrid approach between a few genres, but I keep wanting them to take it in certain directions that they might not intend to go in. 

3:  soupytwist - Camera Obscura - Maybe I do like some happier, upbeat music after all. 

4:  Vmadera00 - The Mars Volta - Killer drumming, but there's just a messiness to this style of guitar playing that doesn't usually appeal to me, and oh yeah, those vocals...*mutters*

5:  HOF - The Week That Was - All these overlapping and interlocking layers are really unique and fascinating, the question is how well I'll remember them. 

6:  ariich - Submotion Orchestra - This is a really chill and intoxicating mixture of styles. 

7:  twosuitluke - Zeal and Ardor - As I suspected from the songs I've sampled in the past, this mashup works better than it should on paper, though I'm unsure how much staying power these particular tunes will have. 

8:  TAC - Circus of Fools - Now this is the kind of band that seems custom-made for me. 

9:  Good grief the chorus on the first song is addicting.  I'm not so sure about the second tune though. 

10:  I'm not sure there's quite enough happening over the runtime for me, though the ending of the second song might elevate it a bit. 

11:  Crow - East of the Wall - This is definitely better than I feared it might be, though the vocals and noodliness might put a cap on the level it can reach. 

12:  SoundscapeMN - Ours - I didn't realize that U2 and The Tea Party did an album together. 

13:  Man, I feel like I'm 14 again. 

14:  It's kind of repetitive, but the vibe is trippy and cool, so let's see how much it grows on me. 

15:  There are some really nice elements scattered throughout these songs, but they aren't prominent enough, and this is still a style that's quite challenging to consistently pull off the way I'd like to hear it. 

16:  The bass and drum grooves are pretty tasty, but I wish the guitars were a bit weightier, and I'll probably continue to struggle with this vocal style. 

17:  Here we have a better example of how to execute a genre I typically haven't cared for. 

18:  Elite - Gilad Hekselman - My tastes in this broad style are mostly frozen decades ago, and this might be a bit abstract an update for me, but there are certainly some piquant traits that could blossom. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 07:38:33 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Gonna be bold and say 17.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Nope. 

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
at least three different artists, but no more than a third of the runtime should come from any one artist. 
it is mathematically impossible to satisfy the second condition without at least four different artists :neverusethis:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
at least three different artists, but no more than a third of the runtime should come from any one artist. 
it is mathematically impossible to satisfy the second condition without at least four different artists :neverusethis:

:lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
16 then? If not then 14 or 15

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
None of those. 

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption

I mean someone could technically have a submission of exactly 15:00 each from three different artists. 

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
2 or 7 I suppose

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
None of those.

I could keep guessing but that'd pretty much be cheating. Let's just say I've no idea instead.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Did some major work on my EP today and I think I have it completed. Cross checked all bands against the RYM.
43 minutes.