Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 648506 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #2940 on: July 31, 2015, 09:21:44 AM »
lol thats really poor wording.  Even if he isnt dead, they should still say it because thats how it was portrayed and supposed to be seen as.

As for 8 seasons, I guess that means they felt they can't finish this story in two more seasons as 7 was the number talked about the last couple years.  That's fine by me as long as it doesnt dilute the story, but I doubt it considering how much has been left out so far.

A prequal type of show might be really cool.  There was always talk amongst fans about doing a Robert's Rebeliion show, but GRRM said that would be pointless because by the end of the series we will know how that truly went down anyway.  But it would be cool to see those actors again.  Either way, there's plenty of other backstory in the world that they could use or create.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2941 on: July 31, 2015, 09:38:55 AM »
The HBO president is indicating that GOT might be headed for a total of 8 seasons.

This makes me super happy.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2942 on: July 31, 2015, 12:44:41 PM »
With season six already being written and currently being shot I wonder if the decision to make it 3 more seasons was done before the shooting began. That way I'd imagine story lines could be stretched and fleshed out more if they need to be.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2943 on: July 31, 2015, 01:42:28 PM »
With season six already being written and currently being shot I wonder if the decision to make it 3 more seasons was done before the shooting began. That way I'd imagine story lines could be stretched and fleshed out more if they need to be.

I would think so, if they have all already read the next book, they probably got the idea they need more time and then started writing season 6.  That's assuming the rumor is true that the show runners have already read the mostly finished book.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2944 on: July 31, 2015, 01:49:04 PM »
Was the rumor that they read the entire book? or just that they got the major plot lines and the most important stuff from GRRM.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2945 on: July 31, 2015, 01:50:20 PM »

I would think so, if they have all already read the next book, they probably got the idea they need more time and then started writing season 6.  That's assuming the rumor is true that the show runners have already read the mostly finished book.

For me and my continued viewership.....it better be the scenario of Jon Snow is dead but he's resurrected as some other name 'Jon Stark'..Azor dude...whatever. Killing off that character or story line would be horrific storytelling and completely sour my appetite for the show. I get the 'no one is safe' theme GRRM has going on, but at some point you have to tie this all together and actually tell a story. Which is what it appears has been done with the Jon snow stuff....if that were to just abruptly end....ehhh....I'd pout about it for some time and consider throwing in the towel.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2946 on: July 31, 2015, 02:12:49 PM »
Was the rumor that they read the entire book? or just that they got the major plot lines and the most important stuff from GRRM.

So I read an artivle about a month ago saying that one of the directors said he read book 6, but I just googled this and apparently he meant that he read the season 6 transcripts.  So yea thats a downer

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-6-director-jack-bender-hints-showrunners-communicate-closely-with-george-rr-martin-10367997.html

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2947 on: August 01, 2015, 04:49:07 PM »
So, Ian McShane has been cast in a mystery role for season 6.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2948 on: August 01, 2015, 04:50:35 PM »
So, Ian McShane has been cast in a mystery role for season 6.

I was thinking Euron Greyjoy?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2949 on: August 01, 2015, 04:57:06 PM »
Maybe. That would be awesome.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2950 on: August 01, 2015, 05:11:22 PM »
Indeed, it would. I know there was a casting call out for a character with Euron's description. So it's quite possible...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2951 on: August 01, 2015, 06:26:34 PM »
That would be sweet.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #2952 on: August 01, 2015, 09:52:13 PM »
There was also a casting call for someone who is presumably Randyll Tarly, could be him as well.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2953 on: August 02, 2015, 03:41:22 AM »
Indeed, it would. I know there was a casting call out for a character with Euron's description. So it's quite possible...

Well, accoring to the same Season 6 Synopsis, Euron Greyjoy is definitely in.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2954 on: August 02, 2015, 09:53:44 AM »
I like Euron Greyjoy. His is the only Greyjoy character that I actually like reading.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2955 on: August 02, 2015, 03:16:41 PM »
I was unable to contain my fandom, the result was a graph of all the characters and all the episodes they were in and where all of them died.

It's completely useless, but it was fun making.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2956 on: August 03, 2015, 07:36:27 AM »
Wow.

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #2957 on: August 03, 2015, 07:45:53 AM »
That is really cool BlackInk. If you haven't already you should post it to somewhere like the ASOIAF reddit or other fan sites, I'm sure other fans would find it interesting to see.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2958 on: August 03, 2015, 09:08:33 AM »
Maybe some day I will, but since there practically no real 'point' to the thing I think I'll wait for the show to wrap up, when the graph is complete. Right now it's just a fun thing to open up after each episode, watch it again and fill in the new greens and reds.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2959 on: August 04, 2015, 05:32:52 AM »
That is cool, I do think someone was keeping track of which characters were in which episodes at https://asoiaf.westeros.org/

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2960 on: August 04, 2015, 07:30:45 AM »
So now, Max von Sydow has been signed for season 6 - but his role is known: he will be taking over the role of the three-eyed raven/treeman/greenseer who is mentoring Bran.

:metal

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2961 on: August 04, 2015, 07:58:48 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty cool.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2962 on: August 04, 2015, 08:07:54 PM »
How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have?

A thousand eyes, and one.

...my name is Araragi.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2963 on: August 26, 2015, 12:12:58 PM »
More 'theory' talk....pretty neat, like the rest of them. Don't click if you don't want to be 'spoiled'

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jon-snow-theory-game-of-thrones_55dcbb45e4b04ae49704bcf3?kvcommref=mostpopular
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2964 on: August 26, 2015, 12:15:46 PM »
More 'theory' talk....pretty neat, like the rest of them. Don't click if you don't want to be 'spoiled'

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jon-snow-theory-game-of-thrones_55dcbb45e4b04ae49704bcf3?kvcommref=mostpopular

Read that today as well, very interesting and actually has legit possibilities to it.

I read last night that a certain actor was spotted in one of the filming locations.... The Hound!! What a spoiler that would be if he is alive for the book readers

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2965 on: August 26, 2015, 03:19:53 PM »

Read that today as well, very interesting and actually has legit possibilities to it.

I read last night that a certain actor was spotted in one of the filming locations.... The Hound!! What a spoiler that would be if he is alive for the book readers

I'm not sure if that's so much a spoiler. It's pretty much confirmed. More like an easter egg IMO.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2966 on: August 27, 2015, 05:24:35 AM »

I'm not sure if that's so much a spoiler. It's pretty much confirmed. More like an easter egg IMO.

How so?  There is only theories about his fate, most presumed he died, but we all know if your head is still on your head that you may not be dead.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2967 on: August 27, 2015, 05:26:38 AM »

How so?  There is only theories about his fate, most presumed he died, but we all know if your head is still on your head that you may not be dead.

Well, on westeros.org the theory that he's alive is pretty much accepted among the vast majority of the board. What's uncertain is if he has a major role to play in the upcoming novels.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2968 on: August 27, 2015, 05:27:52 AM »
I wouldn't say there can be anymore spoilers unless you haven't caught up with the show on HBO. So I would definitely say to mention Clegane Bowl is as much a theory for books readers as it is for non-book readers alike.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2969 on: August 27, 2015, 05:36:38 AM »

Well, on westeros.org the theory that he's alive is pretty much accepted among the vast majority of the board. What's uncertain is if he has a major role to play in the upcoming novels.

Its argued often on there.  I am not denying it.  Just saying its all a theory, spotting the person makes that theory more likely hence a spoiler.... but yea I agree with prog snob, at this point its all just progressing the story and not really "spoiler" anymore in a way.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2970 on: August 27, 2015, 05:47:47 AM »

Its argued often on there.  I am not denying it.  Just saying its all a theory, spotting the person makes that theory more likely hence a spoiler.... but yea I agree with prog snob, at this point its all just progressing the story and not really "spoiler" anymore in a way.

Unless of course you mention characters that have now shown up in the show yet, Lady Stoneheart, Euron Greyjoy, Howland  Reed, and Aegon Targaryen specifically.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2971 on: August 27, 2015, 06:06:49 AM »

Unless of course you mention characters that have now shown up in the show yet, Lady Stoneheart, Euron Greyjoy, Howland  Reed, and Aegon Targaryen specifically.

Yup, I think one of those is showing up next season.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2972 on: August 27, 2015, 06:09:30 AM »

I am hoping it's the only Greyjoy I find interesting to read about. The rest just bore me.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2973 on: August 27, 2015, 06:37:49 AM »

I am hoping it's the only Greyjoy I find interesting to read about. The rest just bore me.

Yup, from the casting call it appears that is who is showing up although that is speculation as far as I am aware, but pretty certain.  I try not to follow too closely since I would rather be surprised, but I can't help it when headlines pop up.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2974 on: October 26, 2015, 02:05:43 PM »
So I just learnt that the season 5 bluray release is not mid feb of next year as is the usual release cycle about 2 months before the new season airs, but in mid march of next year. Grrrr. one extra month of waiting, though I guess a small consolation would be that the new season would air in a few weeks after the release as opposed to a couple of months later.