Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 101084 times)

Offline faizoff

Re: 2022 NFL Thread
« Reply #245 on: June 28, 2022, 08:04:58 PM »
Didn't the Browns already sign some other QB? I think they also made Watson's 1st year contract for just a million dollars so he's not losing much of that $230 mil. Either way Browns just hosed themselves me thinks.

I think I read Seattle has some interest in Baker if the Browns eat some of his contract.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline faizoff

« Reply #246 on: July 06, 2022, 12:31:33 PM »
So looks like the Seattle interest for Baker was a dud story, it was the Panthers all along that wanted Baker Mayfield. Interesting that the first game the Panther play this season are the ...Browns. lol
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #247 on: July 06, 2022, 05:43:35 PM »
The more I think about it, on the one hand, I'll give the Browns credit for bailing on a QB they knew wasn't that good, but on the other hand, bailing on him by giving the money they did to a guy accused of serial sexual misconduct is a really bad look.  The Browns bad reputation was slowly fading, and in one fell swoop, they seem like the same clown franchise they've always been.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #248 on: July 07, 2022, 12:48:34 PM »
The Browns are a clown show.

My Panthers aren't really all that far behind.  *weeps*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #249 on: July 07, 2022, 01:14:46 PM »
The more I think about it, on the one hand, I'll give the Browns credit for bailing on a QB they knew wasn't that good, but on the other hand, bailing on him by giving the money they did to a guy accused of serial sexual misconduct is a really bad look.  The Browns bad reputation was slowly fading, and in one fell swoop, they seem like the same clown franchise they've always been.
Is Baker really not that good, or is he a victim of playing for a bunch of clowns? I honestly never paid all that much attention to the kid, other than cursing him for all of his bad commercials.

Also, it seems to me that by the time Deshaun likely plays again there will have been two years and nine months since he last threw a pass in the NFL. Has anybody ever missed that much time and come back to be worth a damn?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #250 on: July 07, 2022, 01:16:45 PM »
Plus he played injured last year.  I would give him the benefit of the doubt and see how he responds with this opportunity.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #251 on: July 07, 2022, 01:19:44 PM »
Is Baker really not that good, or is he a victim of playing for a bunch of clowns? I honestly never paid all that much attention to the kid, other than cursing him for all of his bad commercials.

What?  I loved those commercials! I thought they were clever.

Wasn't Baker banged up last year too? I think he's decent enough and if healthy and not playing for a bunch asshats, he could be ok.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Deathless

« Reply #252 on: July 07, 2022, 01:48:16 PM »
Mayfield was average/middle-of-the-pack two years ago but the Panthers would love a guy with a 26/8 TD to INT ratio. They would probably win 9 or 10 games with that performance and a healthy D-Mac.

I like Mayfield in the underdog role and think he'll work hard to prove he's better than he showed last year, especially considering how hurt he was.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #253 on: July 07, 2022, 02:06:34 PM »
What?  I loved those commercials! I thought they were clever.
Clever insofar as it relates to commercials is the difference between somebody calling you a snotty-faced pile of parrot droppings instead of simply dick. They're offensive, even if one does manage to distinguish itself above another.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline pg1067

« Reply #254 on: July 07, 2022, 02:12:51 PM »

Count me in with the folks who dig the commercials.  Hope they do some more when he gets to Carolina.

Some guys filling in for Dan Patrick this morning were pointing out that, in the two seasons before Mayfield got to Cleveland, the team had a collective record of 1-31.  Then, in Mayfield's first two years, they were 7-8-1 and 6-10.  Not great, but a seismic improvement.  Then, in his third year, they went 11-5, qualified for the playoffs (for the first time in 18 years and only the second time since the new version of the team entered the league) and won a playoff game.  They regressed last year, but he was injured the entire season.

So...is he "really not that good"?  Seems to me he was a catalyst for MASSIVE improvement for a bad team, which suggests to me he's not bad at all and that, given the right circumstances, he could be great.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #255 on: July 07, 2022, 02:21:24 PM »
When healthy, I think he's "good not great". 
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #256 on: July 07, 2022, 05:30:02 PM »
Right, he's not that good.  Yes, the Browns organization is a bunch of clowns, but Mayfield has had great talent around him on offense.  A top o-line, a beastly 1-2 punch at RB, and good receivers.  From an on the field standpoint, he will never have it as good as he did in Cleveland.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #257 on: July 08, 2022, 06:32:19 AM »
I don't think Mayfield is elite or anything like that, but I think he's a QB that can take a team to the Super Bowl, unlike 80% of the QBs in the league right now.  I think that trade just shows how inept the Browns really are.  The only real question is, given the choice, do you take Baker Mayfield in that system, or Deshaun Watson and all that baggage (in which I include that ridiculous contract). 

And on an unrelated note, I'm selling my BMW for $8 and a concert shirt, and I'm trying to buy a Les Paul for $6 and a pack of bubble gum cards.  Hopefully I'll get as lucky as the Panthers. 

P.S. The commercials are amusing.  Some are better than others, but they are entertaining for what they are.

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #258 on: July 08, 2022, 08:31:42 AM »
The biggest knock on Baker was that he wasn't very coachable. He was more relying  on his instincts than making good reads and he was always trying to go by his instincts too much. After a bad play he would be pointing fingers at his teammates (receivers) blaming them for the bad play and then going to the sideline and pout. He would likely not look at his computer and review any of the plays that most QBs do after an offensive series.

Also, I heard that he would have frequent disagreements with Stephanski and would tell him "let me be myself" so Stephanski finally said OK and Baker went out and had one of his worst outings and that's when the Browns said 'we're done'. I realize that Baker was playing hurt but he was not really liked by his teammates and was a cocky SOB in college and a cocky SOB in the Pros. All of this adds up to little or no market for his services.

He goes from a team that is ready to take the next step to a team that's about to fire its head coach.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #259 on: July 08, 2022, 09:58:22 AM »
The biggest knock on Baker was that he wasn't very coachable. He was more relying  on his instincts than making good reads and he was always trying to go by his instincts too much. After a bad play he would be pointing fingers at his teammates (receivers) blaming them for the bad play and then going to the sideline and pout. He would likely not look at his computer and review any of the plays that most QBs do after an offensive series.

Also, I heard that he would have frequent disagreements with Stephanski and would tell him "let me be myself" so Stephanski finally said OK and Baker went out and had one of his worst outings and that's when the Browns said 'we're done'. I realize that Baker was playing hurt but he was not really liked by his teammates and was a cocky SOB in college and a cocky SOB in the Pros. All of this adds up to little or no market for his services.

He goes from a team that is ready to take the next step to a team that's about to fire its head coach.

I'm not privvy to all that, but if it's true, then it explains everything.  Above all things, you need to be in the system and not winging it. The "winging it" QBs aren't the ones that are repeatably successful.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #260 on: July 09, 2022, 12:00:31 PM »

I'm not privvy to all that, but if it's true, then it explains everything.  Above all things, you need to be in the system and not winging it. The "winging it" QBs aren't the ones that are repeatably successful.

If you can improvise to extend a broken play (like a Rodgers, Mahomes, or Wilson) then great, but that should be the last resort not the original plan. I like Baker, and I hope he uses this as a learning experience, but if what was said above is true, he’s in trouble without the talent that surrounded him in Cleveland.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #261 on: July 09, 2022, 08:26:26 PM »
To be a successful "wing it" QB, you have to either be crazy talented and/or have been given an arm from the gods (see: Brett Favre). Baker Mayfield is neither crazy talented nor a notable arm talent.  He is one of those guys where everything around him has to be just right for him to succeed, like it was in Cleveland with that o-line and skill position talent, but it seemed like nearly every time at the end of a game where he had to throw it and the running game was a non-factor, he would fail miserably.  If you are down 5 with 2 minutes left and the ball at your own 20 with no timeouts, he is one of the last starting QBs you'd want trying to lead your team down the field.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #262 on: July 10, 2022, 12:46:38 PM »
Don't like Baker but he DOES make the Panthers better, if he goes there. Maybe even "good enough" - the best team in the division is QB'd by Ryan Tannehill.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #263 on: July 10, 2022, 07:48:25 PM »
Did I miss the memo where the Panthers got moved to the AFC South?  ??? ???

Offline Skeever

« Reply #264 on: July 11, 2022, 06:22:00 AM »
Did I miss the memo where the Panthers got moved to the AFC South?  ??? ???

:facepalm:

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #265 on: July 11, 2022, 08:08:13 AM »
Don't like Baker but he DOES make the Panthers better, if he goes there. Maybe even "good enough" - the best team in the division is QB'd by Ryan Tannehill.

Even with your mix up, your point still stands. He’s still the second best QB in his division, as I trust him more than Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota. Brady must feel like he’s back in the AFC East with the lack of QB talent in his division.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #266 on: July 11, 2022, 02:53:28 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline pg1067

« Reply #267 on: July 11, 2022, 03:11:27 PM »
No idea who this dude is, but his mom's BFF must be a smoke show for him to choose her over this:

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #268 on: July 11, 2022, 03:41:49 PM »
No kidding.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #269 on: July 11, 2022, 03:44:15 PM »
Than again, dude went to his prom with 2 smoke shows. So I think he has carte blanche.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #270 on: July 12, 2022, 06:06:44 AM »

This is the most the Jets will score all year (and yes it really hurt to make that joke).

-MirrorMask

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #271 on: July 12, 2022, 06:26:07 AM »
No idea who this dude is, but his mom's BFF must be a smoke show for him to choose her over this:

Wait, what? 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #272 on: July 12, 2022, 08:42:45 AM »
As they said about Tiger Woods, Show me a beautiful woman and I’ll show you a guy who’s tired of fucking her.

Also, that's a terrible picture of the girl. She looks like she's made of plastic. The first thing I thought was that in a few years the mother's BFF will have aged 10x better. If she's already getting work done her future looks pretty bleak.  Here's what she once looked like.

E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #273 on: July 12, 2022, 11:08:00 AM »
Is that the new Ken and Barbie? 

Seriously, who are these people?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #274 on: July 12, 2022, 12:44:16 PM »
That is Jets QB Zach Wilson and his ex, who is blasting him for having sex with his Mom's best friend, or something.

It's always the Mormons.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #275 on: July 13, 2022, 05:53:42 PM »
That is Jets QB Zach Wilson and his ex, who is blasting him for having sex with his Mom's best friend, or something.

It's always the Mormons.

I usually don't condone cheating in a relationship at all, but if this is what makes him play better...

-MirrorMask

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #276 on: July 14, 2022, 07:35:38 AM »

It's always the Mormons.

So.. the girlfriend is cute, sure, and Mom is a looker, as well.  But the other woman - who is herself a handsome woman - looks YOUNGER than the girlfriend.  Do I have the players (pun very much intended) straight here? 

I don't know; I feel like in the rough and tumble world of the NFL, there is more than one defensive lineman/linebacker that wants to muddy that pretty face of his on a down-by-down basis. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #277 on: July 14, 2022, 12:17:31 PM »

It's always the Mormons.

So.. the girlfriend is cute, sure, and Mom is a looker, as well.  But the other woman - who is herself a handsome woman - looks YOUNGER than the girlfriend.  Do I have the players (pun very much intended) straight here? 

Wilson's mom (whom I'm guessing is in her mid- to late 40s) is hot.  The ex-GF is also, but I don't think any photos of the mother's friend have been made public.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #278 on: July 14, 2022, 12:23:25 PM »

It's always the Mormons.

Wilson's mom (whom I'm guessing is in her mid- to late 40s) is hot.  The ex-GF is also, but I don't think any photos of the mother's friend have been made public.

So Nicolette Dellanno is not Mom's friend?

Sidebar, EVERY one of these people has "Influencer" as their job title.  WTF?  If everyone is an influencer, who is being influenced?  And with the state of America circling the bowl in so many ways, what exactly are they influencing?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #279 on: July 14, 2022, 03:38:06 PM »

Sidebar, EVERY one of these people has "Influencer" as their job title.  WTF?  If everyone is an influencer, who is being influenced?  And with the state of America circling the bowl in so many ways, what exactly are they influencing?

The country turning to shit?

The Wilson memes are hilarious, but this is probably one of those cases where "young hot girlfriend wants to either wait for marriage or isn't very exciting with the lights out" while the hot older woman is offering him oral delights on the side, and he couldn't resist.