Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 917268 times)

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
I am lucky , as I brainwashed my little sister as a kid (her favourite bands are Queensryche, DT, VH,Nightwish etc...)  and she accompanies me to almost every gig I attend.   So perhaps if I didn't have that advantage I may have reluctantly gone alone a few times.  I have lost contact with most of my muso/metalhead mates for various reasons.

I did that too, brainwashing my sister, I turned her to DT, Queensryche, Savatage and rock/prog/metal in general, the problem is she lives In Sweden and I live in Germany so going to a concert together is a rare experience. And I've also lost contact to some of my former metalheads. Me getting kids and getting married was probably not metal enough for them.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'm not someone who generally likes going solo to gigs.

Geez... I'd never get to any concerts if this was the case.  Other than Rush, I can't remember the last time I had a concert partner.  Everything of the past couple of years has been solo - Queensryche, Kamelot, Nightwish, Evergrey, S-X, Avnatasia and DT (in 2 weeks).  Also think I'll partake in PF when they're here in June.  But I think they're touring with Turilli-Rhapsody?  Not too interested in that.

That's just cause you're a tough cunt.

Well, you're half right! ;D

Back in the day I went to many shows solo. Was never a big deal.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hmm..... I guess I'm just a pussy.  You are all tough cunts.  ;D
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, but you're the coolest pussy going!  :D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, but you're the coolest pussy going!  :D

Thanks champ.  :tup

I actually got told by one of my employees just the other day that she found me really intimidating when she first got to know me.  I laughed in the bitches face.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
You're like Ali G - you show your bitches respect  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
You're like Ali G - you show your bitches respect  :lol

Booyakasha!!

Offline Lowdz

I've gone the other way (if you see what I mean  :lol) used to have loads of mates to go to gigs with - used to get a great night away out of it too. Now I go alone mostly. It's not a problem. Biggest problem is most bands are sticking to London and don't even do Manchester anymore.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought it was a joke that Axl Rose was replacing Brian Johnson in AC/DC for the remainder of their tour , but apparently not.......... :(
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
I thought it was a joke that Axl Rose was replacing Brian Johnson in AC/DC for the remainder of their tour , but apparently not.......... :(

Wow, as much as I can't stand AC/DC, that's just adding insult to injury. How long do you think it will last before the band grows tired of his shit?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Wait a second, it's not a joke?

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder

Online Kwyjibo

So from now on every AD/DC concert will start up to two hours late and end too early when Axl's pissed because of something? And from my memory beging pissed is his natural state of mind at concerts.

How much did he have to pay or who's ass did he have to kiss to get a job like that?

And who really thinks that this could end other than in total disaster?

I'm actually speechless.  :omg:

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I think we're talking 10 gigs to finish the US tour - but that'll be plenty for Axl to piss everyone off  :lol

It seems a weird choice with GnR gearing up etc.........for a few gigs I am sure Storace would've been all over it - or Tornillo etc...      Even Jimmy Barnes would sound more authentic than Axl fronting AC/DC.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!

Are they changing their name to Cinderella while they're at it?

If they had Axl Rose when they came here recently, I would have actually gone to see them again. :metal
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
And you'd probably still be there waiting  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
And you'd probably still be there waiting  ;D

That's alright, I think Axl and I are on the same schedule anyway. :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I wonder if there is anything to the rumor that Brian has actually been fired by Angus.

I can't imagine this will go smoothly at all.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Angry Anderson could have been a possible replacement.  I also think Udo would have fitted perfectly in ACDC also.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I wonder if there is anything to the rumor that Brian has actually been fired by Angus.

I can't imagine this will go smoothly at all.

Angus must've intended going on after this "final tour"  all along - otherwise all this makes no sense to me.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I've heard that Angus wants to keep ACDC going for another 10 years!

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Angus seems to think he IS the band - I think he underestimates the importance of Brian and Malcolm  in the eyes of the fans.  I think he would do much better to retire the band and do some solo stuff if he wants to preserve his legacy with style.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Many of you know I am a big fan of Howe era metal Church and so it hurts me to say that the new album is a letdown.  It kicks off with one of the most generic , flat metal songs they have ever released and really takes a long time to get going at all.  Howe sounds great but the song writing is lacking energy/balls.  I was expecting something crushing to open up proceedings.........."we're back!!!!!!!" but not at all.

Thankfully things pick up big time in the second half - It Waits is classic Metal Church ,as are We Don't Suffer Fools and to some extent Needle and Suture/Fan The Fire.

But it's all too little too late and I think they needed more time to work on this. 

Rating:  79%

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I'm at work now and recently the intercom music has changed. I actually hear a lot of great tunes. But right now I just heard DLR's Living  In Paradise.  I just want to say that that song BLOWS!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
No it doesn't! It's one of the very few good songs from the Vai era.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah it does! :P I just heard it!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
And I hear it on a regular basis when I listen to DLR. :biggrin: Great song.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
People listen to DLR?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I still think Eat 'em And Smile was excellent. It's the only one of his albums I've gotten on CD.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I could never fully get into DLR solo material

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
JJ, and I thought I was up early!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
JJ, and I thought I was up early!

Shift work. I never know what day it is either lol

Online Kwyjibo

I like a lot of the DLR solo material, not as good as Van Halen but still fun to listen to.

But when I saw him live he played only VH songs and maybe two of his solo songs. Seems he wasn't that confident on his own material. And VH songs without Eddie on guitar are just not the same. And it wasn't even Steve Vai but some touring guitarist whose name I forgot.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I like a lot of the DLR solo material, not as good as Van Halen but still fun to listen to.

But when I saw him live he played only VH songs and maybe two of his solo songs. Seems he wasn't that confident on his own material. And VH songs without Eddie on guitar are just not the same. And it wasn't even Steve Vai but some touring guitarist whose name I forgot.

Probably Joe Holmes.

I like plenty of DLR (although some songs haven't aged well) - esp  songs off Eat Em and Smile and A Little Ain't Enough.  Can't say that I listen to them much these days though. 

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Never liked the two Vai albums much overall aside from the hits, but I still love A Little Ain't Enough, which holds up well. Your Filthy Little Mouth has a few good songs, but it was a bad era for rock music, so most of the album is weird stuff trying to stay current. DLR Band seems to be little known, but that's a solid rock album with some standout tracks.