Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 916764 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Make it a third!

Damn, it's been a good day!

https://open.spotify.com/album/3xnK1ePe7QyjBuybdrBsNj?si=BeMJoGikToigo25RXuijLQ

Memories Of Never Ending, with it's epic second half, is in the conversation for SOTY.

Why are you doing this to me?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That track gives me goosebumps!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

There’s no point me bothering is there?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

All clean vocals. It's a good album. Check out Memories Of Never Ending.

Check out the instrumental album I posted. It rips.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 04:49:45 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Hey e each been added to my listening for my 2 hr road trip tomorrow. Will report back by Sunday.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Awesome. Look forward to it.

Offline Lowdz

All clean vocals. It's a good album. Check out Memories Of Never Ending.

Check out the instrumental album I posted. It rips.

Will give both a try then. Looked growlie from the cover 😀

Offline Lowdz

This is very good. The track you recommended is lovely. Opening track has some harsh vocals but not enough to kill it. Going to give this a full listen and as you’ve redeemed yourself somewhat, I’ll check out the other two albums you linked 😀😀😀

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Just checked out Memories of Never Ending Pains, very good song. I should give this album a go.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Make it a third!

Damn, it's been a good day!

https://open.spotify.com/album/3xnK1ePe7QyjBuybdrBsNj?si=BeMJoGikToigo25RXuijLQ

Memories Of Never Ending, with it's epic second half, is in the conversation for SOTY.

Why are you doing this to me?

I had to check to see if the singer was Rick Altzi.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
^ No shit, right!  That was gonna be my comment, that he has the Rick Altzi 'grittiness' to his voice that should've been a plus for me, but it just didn't click for some reason.  Memories of Never Ending is indeed god-tier, but the rest of the album is gonna take a couple more listens before deciding if it's gonna make the cut.

As for Day Zero, something there was also missing.  Good tunes, nothing wrong with them, but it just seemed (to me) to be missing some charm... character... personality....   It's almost like it was composed by an AI bot.  There was no soul to the music.  Dunno how else to explain it.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm halfway through it.  I quite like it.  The solo section inparticular are very emotive.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hot damn, the one-two punch of The Rebirth and The Last Sigh is just brilliant.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I didn't think of Rick Altzi, but I was going to mention the singer from Glass Mind. But gritter...and a better singer.

As for Day Zero, something there was also missing.  Good tunes, nothing wrong with them, but it just seemed (to me) to be missing some charm... character... personality....   It's almost like it was composed by an AI bot.  There was no soul to the music.  Dunno how else to explain it.

I find it very hard to get into most instrumental albums. I usually drop the needle, and I:m good. But this one just kept my attention.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Jeez, the last two minutes of Memories of Never Ending Pains, wow, that's something.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Jeez, the last two minutes of Memories of Never Ending Pains, wow, that's something.

Innit?

Just purchased the Carthagods album. It's only $9.98 on Amazon. Dammit, no autorip!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 06:41:16 AM by TAC »

Offline Lowdz

Whilst delving through those TAC recommendations, I came across a band I’d never heard before that I enjoyed listening to. Ghost Ship Octavius - prog metal stuff.

Not got to far with the Paul Wardingham yet but the Lightbri ger was excellent too. You’re on a roll. Tim.

Offline Lowdz

Well, as I suspected, George Lynch has ruined Wicked Sensation with his re-imagined version. He was a musical hero of mine a long time ago but he really hasn’t done anything I’ve loved since Sacred Groove.

https://youtu.be/CYrzZpsKz-A

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Well, as I suspected, George Lynch has ruined Wicked Sensation with his re-imagined version. He was a musical hero of mine a long time ago but he really hasn’t done anything I’ve loved since Sacred Groove.

Stick with Breaking the Chains-Back for the Attack

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
And of course Beast from the East  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

LOL, this is shit.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

LOL, this is shit.

:lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Seriously......like WTF is this supposed to be?  Just......why?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Just play some classic Dokken and forget you heard this.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Yes sir!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Yes sir!

:lol wolfster

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
While a lot of us are online here at the moment (a rare time I have a couple of hours on my home PC), I just wanted you guys to spare thoughts for Brent in his current situation.  I haven't spoken or PM'ed him directly, but the state he lives in (Victoria) is once again getting crippled by Coronavirus.  Up here in Brisbane we are somewhat back to normal for now but the cases keep rising down there and the state is almost on the brink of complete collapse it seems.  It's crazy how cases have ramped up down there over the last week or more. Anywhere between 300-500 getting recorded each day.  It's going to be a tough road for everyone living down there at the moment, and it's not looking great at the moment.

When I see the news I pesoanlly think about you each day mate.

Offline Lowdz

LOL, this is shit.

It was always going to be.  I feared the worst when I heard this was ‘re-imagined’. Utter shite.

Offline Lowdz

While a lot of us are online here at the moment (a rare time I have a couple of hours on my home PC), I just wanted you guys to spare thoughts for Brent in his current situation.  I haven't spoken or PM'ed him directly, but the state he lives in (Victoria) is once again getting crippled by Coronavirus.  Up here in Brisbane we are somewhat back to normal for now but the cases keep rising down there and the state is almost on the brink of complete collapse it seems.  It's crazy how cases have ramped up down there over the last week or more. Anywhere between 300-500 getting recorded each day.  It's going to be a tough road for everyone living down there at the moment, and it's not looking great at the moment.

Yeah, thinks of you and the family Brent. I work in the NHS and I’ve had to work through the lockdown here, but at least I still have a job. Working for yourself must be a nightmare at the moment.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

LOL, this is shit.

It was always going to be.  I feared the worst when I heard this was ‘re-imagined’. Utter shite.

I actually didn't half mind the Revolution thing he did cause it was quite heavy and sludgey, but this just sucks.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

This is brutal.  I can't even watch the news anymore.  I'm always hoping for the best of my fellow The Official Hard Rock/Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilla Thread brothers!!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Wow... that's shit.  Hope all is safe for the B&B tandem (and Mrs 5150 of course).  For a matter of perspective though Kade, some states in the US are getting hit with 10-15 THOUSAND cases a day.  Here in southern Ontario (population of about 8-9 million), we seem to be hovering around 100-200 a day.  Hopefully the containment measures enacted at the start of this wave were enacted quickly and strongly enough that the curve won't spike too much.

@ jj... did I hear that Manitoba is seeing a bit of a rise in cases?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Amen, brother!

And the poor guy just survived the fires..

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Wow... that's shit.  Hope all is safe for the B&B tandem (and Mrs 5150 of course).  For a matter of perspective though Kade, some states in the US are getting hit with 10-15 THOUSAND cases a day.  Here in southern Ontario (population of about 8-9 million), we seem to be hovering around 100-200 a day.  Hopefully the containment measures enacted at the start of this wave were enacted quickly and strongly enough that the curve won't spike too much.

Manitoba went 12 days without anything a week ago but it is getting high again the last week.   Rumor has it that masks will become mandatory in the fall so I decided to spend the cash and get offical Winnipeg Blue Bombers face masks in preparation for it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah, I've seen the amount of cases in the US too, I just know Brent is personally affected so just wanted to give a shout out.

I think Victoria had 494 cases just a few days ago.  Victoria has a population of about 6.5 mil I believe.