Author Topic: New WW2 Discoveries  (Read 12248 times)

Offline Tripp

• "Just because I OD'ed doesn't mean I do drugs"
New WW2 Discoveries
« on: July 11, 2011, 12:44:31 AM »
I know this is a shaky topic among many communities, but I feel that we should dawn some light on the subject of the Holocaust. The startling new evidence that has arisen is quite controversial as well as surprising. As a history teacher, this is quite a shock to hear, and I can imagine the kid's faces when they hear about this next semester.

From what our history books tell us, the Nazi regime was the main catalyst in WW2. They were absolutely terrible people - no doubt. What they did to the Jewish peoples is unforgivable & horrific. Many scars still stand today. However - the Nazis weren't just the Germans. Sure, many of the countries that the Germans allied with were also a part of the Nazi reign, but there was one country that joined their forces under secrecy. Canada joined the German Nazis in 1938. It wasn't very well known, as they only sent a few forces over & it was confidential. Over the next few years, they sent over many more forces. By 1943, Canada had sent over 200,000 troops to the German Nazis.

From further study into Nazi documents, historians have discovered that the Canadian troops that were sent, almost 65% of them were used in concentration camp management. Altogether, Canadian troops filled the slots of 43% of all concentration camp troops enlisted. When asked to comment, the Canadian Prime Minister said "No comment". Many countries have asked Canada about this horrific find, & are still awaiting a response. Meanwhile, the world waits.

What do you guys think about this? Should Canada be punished along with what the Germans, Italian, & Japanese received?

Personally, I think that Canada should at least apologize for this. To hear that my friends up North were a part of the horror known as The Holocaust is terrifying. I can't imagine what this will do to Canada's economy.
hi

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: New WW2 Discoveries
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 01:13:26 AM »
That's interesting, but is there a source?

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 01:17:42 AM »

Um, this.  Could make for a good debate if it's actually true, but I wouldn't recommend making Su h drastic statements without a solid source.  If you have one, please bring it to us

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 05:29:01 AM »
I'm calling bullshit until I see said "Nazi documents."

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 05:43:17 AM »
I just googled "Canada Secretly Supported the Nazis" and nothing turned up.

But Canada did give us Chad Kroeger and Celine Dion, so maybe Tripp isn't just making it up.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 05:49:42 AM »
I googled "Canada Holocaust", "Canada concentration camps" and  avariety of related terms and nothing directly related, let alone reliable came up. So yeah, unless you can provide a decent source for these claims I'm skeptical of their truth.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 05:57:09 AM »
But I can't possibly read information on the internet that's unreliable and unsupported by trustworthy sources. 
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 06:04:28 AM »
This is 100% bullshit.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 06:31:08 AM »
lol
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 07:02:37 AM »
If you are a history teacher I feel for your students.

Offline Tripp

• "Just because I OD'ed doesn't mean I do drugs"
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 08:59:10 AM »

There was an article on Fox about this, somewhere on this site: https://www.foxnews.com/
hi

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 09:01:44 AM »
This is obviously not true.  If it was, it would be all over the news.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 09:12:05 AM »
And it would be entirely incomprehensible that it would take this long for historians to uncover that Canada, a part of the British Empire, was secretly manning German concentration camps with 2% of its total population.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 09:56:27 AM »

There was an article on Fox about this, somewhere on this site: https://www.foxnews.com/
That proves that it's not true.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 09:57:14 AM »

Given your avatar, your post completely cracked me up.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 03:21:59 PM »
And it would be entirely incomprehensible that it would take this long for historians to uncover that Canada, a part of the British Empire, was secretly manning German concentration camps with 2% of its total population.

Or how the faked numerous campaigns against the Nazi's during WW2.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 03:26:41 PM »
I couldn't find anything on the fox website.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 03:44:13 PM »
If it was on the Fox website, it probably means that it's definitely not true and blown way out of proportion.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 05:03:19 PM »
I'm currently looking for the source again, but I read a pretty detailed report about these goings on during WW2. I'll have to check the super secret archives again though.

As a Jew, I know every conspiracy there needs to be known about WW2.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 05:24:10 PM »
If the Canadians were helping Germany, they had an awful unusual way of showing it:
1) Canada was used as the area for training British pilots
2) Canada helped take control of North Africa and Italy
3) Canada was part of the invasion of Normandy

With friends like that, you don't need enemies

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 05:28:09 PM »
If the Canadians were helping Germany, they had an awful unusual way of showing it:
1) Canada was used as the area for training British pilots
2) Canada helped take control of North Africa and Italy
3) Canada was part of the invasion of Normandy

With friends like that, you don't need enemies

Just wait for the right conspiracy theorist.  They'll find a way to use your factual evidence that makes their theory look stupid as "factual evidence" that proves their theory right, somehow.

Or they'll pull the reptilian card. 

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2011, 05:32:24 PM »
:lol

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 05:32:29 PM »
Holy lol. Epic thread.
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2011, 05:32:58 PM »
Oh and, they gave food, money, and supplies to the British before they were able to build up a functioning Army and Navy.

And...

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 06:07:44 PM »

Given your avatar, your post completely cracked me up.
:lol

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2011, 06:27:30 PM »
I just googled "Canada Secretly Supported the Nazis" and nothing turned up.

But Canada did give us Chad Kroeger and Celine Dion, so maybe Tripp isn't just making it up.

:clap:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2011, 08:48:49 PM »
*Cue in Blame Canada song from South Park*
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2011, 08:51:56 PM »
I must say, though I don't believe a word of this theory, Steven Harper does seem like quite the slinky mofo.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2011, 09:23:35 PM »
I must say, though I don't believe a word of this theory, Steven Harper does seem like quite the slinky mofo.

Don't get me started.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 05:26:54 AM »
We didn't help the Nazis, that is completely ludakris.
But.
We're not so shiny clean as we like to claim.

We treated our Japanese citizens VERY badly, putting them in camps very similar to concentration camps, completely displacing families, seizing assets and land(and never returning them).

also.

We love to rail on and on about Canada being the last stop on the underground railroad saving US black slaves from the South. Ya....maybe they got here and were free...but they didn't get much more than a kick in the balls when they arrived Often white Canadians refused to sell them, or give them anything that would help them, and the farm land they were given to use wouldn't grow rocks in winter. Welcome to Canada.

and finally....

During the Cold War, when it was suggested that evil red commies would come into our country through the North it was thought to be a great idea to displace a couple thousand Inuit (eskimos) and their families 1000 miles northward to make it "look like" Canada had some kind of presence there. A thousand miles is apparently quite the difference up north. There was no food. Most of them died.

These wonderful stories are left out of every single school history book, and you don't hear much talk about it.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 05:32:09 AM »
You're forgetting the big one: residential schools.  Massive blight on our history.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 05:34:24 AM »
....and still ongoing....

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 05:35:30 AM »
You're forgetting the big one: residential schools.  Massive blight on our history.

Please elaborate.  Being a citizen of the Republic of California, I know slightly less than jack about most of my neighboring country, the US, letalone  Canada.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2011, 05:59:03 AM »
I believe we forced kids, mostly from native families to send their children to schools,(completely removing them from their homes on the reserves) in an attempt to brainwash/teach them our ways, unlearn their "native" ways and so on. While there, many(most) of them were thoroughly abused sexually.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 06:01:08 AM »
Residential schools were a series of schools set up to "civilize" Native Americans and convert them to Christianity.  They were run mostly by the Catholic Church, as well as various Anglican denominations.  Indian children were forced to attend, often taken from their parents, in an attempt to assimilate them into "white" culture before they became adults.  Residential schools were poorly funded, and relied on the labour of the children, and the poor health care there meant that in some schools mortality rates over the five year term were as high as 50%.  Sexual and physical abuse was rampant, and without means of oversight or punishment.

The last school was closed in 1996, and about 150,000 children attended in total over the 100+ years they were in operation.  The Canadian government formally apologized in 2008 and initiated a compensation package for the surviving victims.  The Catholic Church is yet to formally apologize.