Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Official DTF Discussion Thread  (Read 110345 times)

Offline Ħ

Re: Legend of Zelda Official DTF Discussion Thread
« Reply #910 on: March 08, 2013, 06:49:39 PM »
I'm currently playing through MM on a 3-heart challenge and Gyorg is giving me major grief. After attacking him, I just can't seem to get out of the water before he catches me. The most I've managed is two hits (and it takes four to bring him down). It seems impossible.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #911 on: March 19, 2013, 12:35:31 PM »
Finally got Wind waker up and running! Had to get the disc buffed and hunt down a memory card. Who knew it would be so difficult! Just got my sail.

Offline Trainofthought

• Musician and singer!
« Reply #912 on: March 19, 2013, 02:32:13 PM »
Maybe it's time to have another go at Skyward Sword soon, eh?

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #913 on: March 21, 2013, 06:03:56 PM »
I started up Skyward Sword again two nights ago.  I got about an hour and 45 minutes in (so about 12 minutes of actual gameplay so far).

The opening of this game is an absolute chore, it certainly didn't help my opinion of the game, and I doubt I will pick it up again for a great while.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #914 on: March 22, 2013, 04:52:01 PM »
Is it worth buying a Wii just for Skyward Sword? It's the one game I haven't played.

Beat temple 4 of Majora's Mask on my 3 heart challenge. Now, I've decided to get all the masks, although I may restrict myself from using Fierce Diety against the final boss. We'll see.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Tanatra

• Forum Spider
« Reply #915 on: March 22, 2013, 05:13:01 PM »
Is it worth buying a Wii just for Skyward Sword? It's the one game I haven't played.

No.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #916 on: March 22, 2013, 05:15:56 PM »
The opening of this game is an absolute chore, it certainly didn't help my opinion of the game, and I doubt I will pick it up again for a great while.

Agreed. I felt the same way about TP. Interestingly, I thought MM was a big chore to start as well. I mean, how long do you have to play the game as a Deku before you can actually be link?/ But as I look back on it, it doesn't bother me as much. That is definitely a game I'd like to revisit. TP and SS... still relatively new, but can't imagine myself having the desire to play either of those again.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #917 on: March 22, 2013, 05:51:29 PM »
I bought a Wii just for Metroid. :lol  Only ended up playing two other games on it.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #918 on: March 22, 2013, 06:08:50 PM »
I only ever play Smash anymore (on my Wii U, that is, but also formerly on my Wii).
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #919 on: March 22, 2013, 06:13:30 PM »

No.

Indeed. Don't buy it for Skyward Sword alone. It's the worst of the 3D Zeldas.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Pols Voice

• Did ya see the latest Nintendo newsletter?
« Reply #920 on: March 22, 2013, 07:36:30 PM »
The Wii has several games better than Skyward Sword...the Super Mario Galaxies, Sonic Colors, Rayman Origins (not Wii exclusive, but anyway), Wii Sports Resort (yeah, I love it), etc. But most diehard Zelda fans should play SS even though it's kinda blah.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:47:32 PM by Pols Voice »
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline Ħ

« Reply #921 on: March 22, 2013, 10:10:56 PM »
Well, Wii U has backwards compatibility, so maybe if they make a Zelda Wii U, I'll get the Wii U to play Skyward Sword as well.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #922 on: March 22, 2013, 10:12:37 PM »

Agreed. I felt the same way about TP. Interestingly, I thought MM was a big chore to start as well. I mean, how long do you have to play the game as a Deku before you can actually be link?/ But as I look back on it, it doesn't bother me as much. That is definitely a game I'd like to revisit. TP and SS... still relatively new, but can't imagine myself having the desire to play either of those again.
It's like, less than 20 minutes to get the ocarina of time in MM if you know what you're doing.

I could see myself playing TP for fun. It had a cool combat system even though it was ridiculously easy.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #923 on: March 23, 2013, 05:51:36 AM »
TP is really easy to just pick up and play. And idc what anyone says, I liked the characters, especially Midna. TLoZ's first tsundere/Shana clone, what's not to like?

Offline Ħ

« Reply #924 on: March 24, 2013, 12:24:07 PM »
It is fun. I like the controls.

Does anyone notice that the controls are different between OOT and MM? I notice. I use Z-targeting a lot in OOT to turn around quickly, but I notice it is kind of awkward in MM. For example, in OOT, if you face backwards, Z-target, and move forward, you can do so in quick succession and be on your way. But in MM, the Z-targeting phase takes half a second to register before you can start moving.

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #925 on: March 24, 2013, 03:26:07 PM »

TP's opening is bad too, though it didn't feel nearly as long or boring as Skywards'.  I also much prefer everything that follows in TP to everything that follows in SS.  What ever happened to "It's dangerous to go alone, take this!"?

It's like, less than 20 minutes to get the ocarina of time in MM if you know what you're doing.

I could see myself playing TP for fun. It had a cool combat system even though it was ridiculously easy.

True, though it's very fun.  While the sword controls in SS are one of the few things I feel the game did better than TP, SS' combat is much easier even still if you shield bash correctly.  It's so broken it's almost like opting out of having to use the motion controls for most of the battles.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #926 on: March 24, 2013, 05:09:28 PM »

I know that, now. Was just thinking back to my initial impressions.

TP is really easy to just pick up and play. And idc what anyone says, I liked the characters, especially Midna. TLoZ's first tsundere/Shana clone, what's not to like?

Playing as a freaking wolf, instead of as, you know, Link.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #927 on: March 24, 2013, 06:21:06 PM »
It didn't bother me as much, and I was referring specifically to the Midna bit.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #928 on: April 12, 2013, 10:07:26 AM »
New avatar of pretty much the coolest Zelda character there is.

Offline Pols Voice

« Reply #929 on: April 12, 2013, 10:08:32 AM »
Makar's better. :coolio
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #930 on: April 12, 2013, 10:09:37 AM »
Neither of those look like Vaati.  ???
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #931 on: April 12, 2013, 10:13:47 AM »
 :lol :tup

P.S. I don't see Tingle.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #932 on: April 12, 2013, 04:24:24 PM »
...gtfo.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #933 on: April 12, 2013, 04:29:10 PM »
Oh hey.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #934 on: April 12, 2013, 04:52:01 PM »

GTFO

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #935 on: April 12, 2013, 04:53:09 PM »
Kooloo...

LIM-PAH!

Offline Ħ

« Reply #936 on: April 12, 2013, 04:56:02 PM »

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #937 on: April 13, 2013, 01:25:10 AM »
Give me your fucking maps you little fairly odd fairy.

:millahhhh :heart :heart :heart

Tingle will rape you. Then he will slowly torture you. Then he will kiss you. To death.

RIP DTP.

Offline Pols Voice

« Reply #938 on: April 13, 2013, 01:40:46 AM »
Soon, everyone will have a Zelda avatar. My plan is coming to fruition.
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #939 on: April 13, 2013, 10:18:40 AM »
Wow I totally just now noticed that.. It really is spreading.  :lol

RIP DTP.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #940 on: April 13, 2013, 10:22:01 AM »
Good, good...

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #941 on: April 13, 2013, 10:37:35 AM »
I'm in!

Offline Ħ

« Reply #942 on: April 13, 2013, 10:41:35 AM »
This could be really cool.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #943 on: April 13, 2013, 10:46:21 AM »
 :metal  < we need one of these with a little pointy green hat.

RIP DTP.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #944 on: April 13, 2013, 11:18:21 AM »
We should all have a DTF Zelda banner in our sig. Problem is I have no idea how to make one.