Author Topic: 2019 NFL Thread v. Chiefs are Champs, Missouri rules the sports world  (Read 125216 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2019 NFL Thread v. Patriots film crew on to Pittsburgh
« Reply #1855 on: December 10, 2019, 08:22:56 PM »
Another notch in the "Tim was buried in a Time Machine" for a decade +. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1856 on: December 10, 2019, 08:25:30 PM »
Hah!

There's only so much time in the day! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1857 on: December 11, 2019, 07:36:21 AM »

The question no one seems to be asking is "Why Cincinnati?" If you're willing to gain an unfair advantage are the Bengals really where you play that card? Aside from sucking, they'd probably give their entire gameplan if you asked nicely. They don't event want to win at this point.

Yep, that would be like John Petrucci going to Mike Stone for guitar lessons.

That wins the internet for the month!
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1858 on: December 11, 2019, 07:41:39 AM »
as a general proposition, in my experience meathead behavior in New England/New York/Philly is that it has to be responded to correctly.  It IS largely good-natured - not always, but largely - and will stay that way if you accept it as such.   The people that get into trouble quickest seem to be those that don't see it for what it is and try to make it out to be more than it is.
Yeah, I buy that, to a certain extent.

I remember going to my first game at Fenway - we were in Boston to undergo some testing for his "new" arthritis - and like a dick - sue me, I was not quite ten at the time - I wore a Yankees jersey.  My dad got soaked by beer for most of the first couple of innings and endured a fair amount of verbal abuse. 
WTF Stadler, that's not good-natured.  That's being an asshole.

However, I feel I understand you a little better now.  :biggrin:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1859 on: December 11, 2019, 08:06:24 AM »
Yeah, exactly what Hef said.  Just because they high-fived at the end doesn't excuse their abusive behavior earlier.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1860 on: December 11, 2019, 08:08:23 AM »
Verbal abuse is fine. Soaking with beer is way over the line. Popcorn and peanuts are probably the cutoff point for things that can be thrown at a visiting fan.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1861 on: December 11, 2019, 10:07:57 AM »
I don't condone verbal abuse or throwing things.  That's just totally childish.  One can engage in trash talk without getting personal, but even that is borderline childish.  Just leave the opposition alone and mind your own goddamn business.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1862 on: December 11, 2019, 10:26:03 AM »
Verbal abuse no. Fun banter?  Hell yeah.  Throwing anything.  Big no no.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1863 on: December 11, 2019, 10:35:26 AM »
Looks like one of Drew Rosenhaus' interns accidentally gave Antonio Brown his Twitter password back and he is ranting like a nut job this morning. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1864 on: December 11, 2019, 10:40:30 AM »
Looks like one of Drew Rosenhaus' interns accidentally gave Antonio Brown his Twitter password back and he is ranting like a nut job this morning.

Rosenhaus Productions.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1865 on: December 11, 2019, 10:41:19 AM »

Saw them. Lol

Offline max_security

« Reply #1866 on: December 11, 2019, 09:13:03 PM »
" Hey Dude , who are you and what are you filming ? ". " Hey Bro , I'll destroy the footage ". " Dude , I only asked who you are and what are you filming ". Dude was quick to offer to destroy the footage . Why would that be your first reaction if you are on the level man ?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 09:55:04 PM by max_security »

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1867 on: December 12, 2019, 11:12:10 AM »
" Hey Dude , who are you and what are you filming ? ". " Hey Bro , I'll destroy the footage ". " Dude , I only asked who you are and what are you filming ". Dude was quick to offer to destroy the footage . Why would that be your first reaction if you are on the level man ?

Yup, perfectly non-suspicious reaction.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1868 on: December 12, 2019, 11:16:32 AM »

Yup, perfectly non-suspicious reaction.

It IS a perfectly non-suspicious reaction:   "This is so NOT 'football intelligence' it's b-roll.  Wipe it if it bothers you so much."

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1869 on: December 12, 2019, 11:18:58 AM »
"My God, how are we possibly going to beat the Bengals? Hell, we only had to face Jackson and Prescott before, but now. . . I know, we'll tape their signals! And it has to be from a restricted area or otherwise it won't help!"
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1870 on: December 12, 2019, 12:39:13 PM »
But he was hiding in a Boston Bruins sweatshirt!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1871 on: December 12, 2019, 12:57:14 PM »
Aside from being baffled as to why this is even a thing, it's even more bewildering that, much like Spygate I, what they're doing is perfectly acceptable so long as they're doing it in a different location. Every team videotapes every game from multiple angles. Often times even from the wrong angle, which just gets ignored because it's a meaningless infraction. There's a long list of teams that have gotten nabbed filming from non-designated places, and security just tells them to move on along.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1872 on: December 12, 2019, 08:24:57 PM »
That last throw to Brown (I think) was a beaut.   

In unrelated news, Lamar Jackson has been announced as the new Joker, will coach the U.S. Olympic basketball team in Tokyo, and is writing an album with the Van Halen brothers.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1873 on: December 13, 2019, 09:54:50 AM »
Really cool, in-depth lookback at the Saints' onside kick in the SB 10 years ago:  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28261593/inside-nfl-gutsiest-playcall-saints-super-bowl-xliv-onside-kick

That play made me SO mad at the time!  :lol  I have to admit, it gave me great satisfaction this last week when Shanahan stole one of Payton's own plays and used it for a quick touchdown.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1874 on: December 15, 2019, 05:20:05 PM »
Tough game for Drew Lock today, but tough for your 3rd start in the NFL to be in that kind of snow.  Hoping he finishes well the last two games.

LOL at the Cleveland Browns (which is an annual thing).

How schizo are the Rams?  They get back in the playoff race the last few weeks, and then completely lay an egg against Dallas today.

Lastly, major LOL at the Raiders.  Their last game ever in Oakland and they lose...to the Jags. :eek :eek :rollin :rollin

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1875 on: December 15, 2019, 05:21:05 PM »
That last throw to Brown (I think) was a beaut.   

In unrelated news, Lamar Jackson has been announced as the new Joker, will coach the U.S. Olympic basketball team in Tokyo, and is writing an album with the Van Halen brothers.

And has people whining in Charm City to have the ST coach fired (ranked 2nd in the league before Thursday night), re-sign T-Sizzle, and fix all the problems due to a 21 point victory.  Yes, victory.

gotta tell ya...in all my decades of watching this game.........I've never encountered a couple weeks, much less a season, of all the topsy- turvyness this kid has wrought.  And, it has been a sheer delight to see every play.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1876 on: December 15, 2019, 05:22:22 PM »
Was happy to see Eli get the standing ovation today.  I couldn't care about beating down the Dolphins, but really happy to see Eli probably end his career in a good way and being shown respect from the fans.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1877 on: December 15, 2019, 05:40:45 PM »
Atlanta scores a big upset in SF and the NFC playoff picture just got a lot more interesting.  SF now will have to win at Seattle in Week 17 to win the NFC West no matter what happens next week (barring a tie somewhere).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1878 on: December 15, 2019, 06:21:02 PM »
Was happy to see Eli get the standing ovation today.  I couldn't care about beating down the Dolphins, but really happy to see Eli probably end his career in a good way and being shown respect from the fans.

That was really cool to watch, wasn't it?    He's usually a pretty stoic guy (that's been one of the criticisms against him) but you could see the pride and happiness in his eyes.  I loved it.

Someone - might have been Nate Burleson, but please don't quote me on that - had a good point:  when he or the team did well, he always gave the praise to the other guys, and when he or the team did poorly, he always took the blame.  I don't know if that's strictly true, but in my experience it seems to be.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1879 on: December 15, 2019, 11:17:45 PM »
Rams fall apart in the big D.  Raiders can't even beat a nothing team in their last game in Oakland.  All my hope is in the Seahawks now. 
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1880 on: December 16, 2019, 06:35:32 AM »
Second week in a row; nailed the 1:00 games, and would have done better with a dart and dart board on the 4:00 games. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1881 on: December 16, 2019, 09:32:13 PM »
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2867293-seahawks-josh-gordon-suspended-indefinitely-for-ped-substance-abuse-violations?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

Really sorry to see this. The first time or two somebody does this I'm content to simply call them a knucklehead and leave it at that. There comes a point where it's clear that somebody's got a real problem, though, and I'm sympathetic. Gordon definitely seems to have a bigger problem than just being a dumbass. Seems the only time the guy can really stay in line is when he's trying to get back into the game. Hopefully that remains an option.
E.F. Benson

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1882 on: December 17, 2019, 02:29:43 AM »
The report said he is suspended indefinitely..   That is too bad, he was doing good as a Seahawk.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1883 on: December 17, 2019, 08:18:08 AM »
Bold prediction.

Saints / Ravens in the SB.  Ravens win.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1884 on: December 17, 2019, 08:25:14 AM »
The report said he is suspended indefinitely..   That is too bad, he was doing good as a Seahawk.
Part of me wants to blame the Seahawks for not keeping close enough tabs on him, but it happened with NE, too. Really, you've got two good organizations and two exceptional coaches who've been unable to keep the guy in check. It really does seem like the only time he flies right is when he's suspended with a chance to return. Indefinitely means just that.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1885 on: December 17, 2019, 08:28:36 AM »
Bold prediction:  Ravens do not make the Super Bowl. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1886 on: December 17, 2019, 10:15:38 AM »
Browns over Eagles.

You heard it here first (and probably last)!   ;D
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1887 on: December 17, 2019, 10:51:38 AM »

Who's going to knock them off? Buffalo is not going there and winning. Neither is NE. It can only be KC, and that'll be after beating NE in Foxboro.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1888 on: December 17, 2019, 10:53:01 AM »
Nice to see Brees get the TD record - and single game comp % record. Afterward I checked the Patriots fans forum and predictably there was a thread about how much Brees sucks. This is not to be confused with the threads about how Peyton Manning sucked and how Aaron Rodgers sucks. Incredibly paranoid and thin-skinned forum; if any QB other than Brady ever gets praised for any accomplishment they become incensed  :lol. Of course they compare Brees' and Brady's playoff records and conveniently ignore the vast difference in the quality of the defenses behind them. Just ignore the noise folks, Brees has been absolutely awesome and is an all-time great.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1889 on: December 17, 2019, 11:01:40 AM »

Who's going to knock them off? Buffalo is not going there and winning. Neither is NE. It can only be KC, and that'll be after beating NE in Foxboro.
Buffalo or NE could go there and beat them. This is a team built entirely around one player. You find a way to beat him, or he has a bad game, and BAL is very beatable. I'm not suggesting that it will happen, or even that it's likely, but simply that BAL isn't unbeatable and a good defense is what will make it happen.
E.F. Benson