News:

BREAKING NEWS:  Dream Theater reunites with drummer Mike Portnoy (10/25/23)

Main Menu

Last movie you saw?

Started by hefdaddy42, March 28, 2015, 05:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackInk

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition (the new half an hour longer version)

I still like this movie. It has some obvious flaws, but I still enjoy a lot of the stuff in there. And I actually liked the longer version more, since it helped to set things up a bit better.

Still though, how they treated Doomsday is not okay.

The Trooper

Quote from: faizoff on July 02, 2016, 12:35:58 PM
Quote from: The Trooper on July 02, 2016, 07:06:57 AM
Saw a test screening of Suicide Squad last nite. LOVED it. Margot Robbie steals the movie as does Leto. Fun flick.
That's pretty cool you got to see it that early, I wonder if that cut changes from the theatrical release as there's still another month to go for the US release.
One of the producers was there and he said it was not the final cut and editing is still ongoing. Seemed like they wanted feedback as far as how batman was handled to be honest. The questionnaire was loaded with batman questions and if the movie was a bit over the top/violent. which I don't think it was. it will get a pg-13 rating if the cut I saw basically stays the same

Adami

Quote from: BlackInk on July 03, 2016, 06:09:27 AM
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition (the new half an hour longer version)

I still like this movie. It has some obvious flaws, but I still enjoy a lot of the stuff in there. And I actually liked the longer version more, since it helped to set things up a bit better.

Still though, how they treated Doomsday is not okay.

How they treated Doomsday, Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Martha Kent, Aquaman, Superman, Jimmy Olsen, and the general plot is not okay.

www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

BlackInk

I do think Lex was a mistake, but the others I don't really mind, including the general plot. It's not great, but I enjoy watching it.

Adami

Quote from: BlackInk on July 03, 2016, 12:25:35 PM
I do think Lex was a mistake, but the others I don't really mind, including the general plot. It's not great, but I enjoy watching it.

How dare you enjoy something that I did not enjoy!!

I said good day!

BlackInk

My sincerest apologies, sir.

Adami

Quote from: BlackInk on July 03, 2016, 12:50:53 PM
My sincerest apologies, sir.

That isn't enough. I will never forgive you. Under any circumstances.

Unless....of course....your mom has the same name as mine?

BlackInk

Adami

BlackInk

bout to crash

Watched The Fisher King last night. So good! Robin Williams, we miss you!  :sadpanda:

Cyclopssss

Also watched Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice ultimate version. I actually think the middle part of the movie has improved. They could´ve easily leave out the whole Doomsday plot and it be a perfectly good movie, although then there wouldn´t have been any need for Wonder Woman. It´s a long haul, but overall, I liked it better then the original release.

The Trooper

The Usual Suspects. Never gets old. Pure brilliance.

Kotowboy

Quote from: The Trooper on July 04, 2016, 02:24:17 PM

GIVE ME THE FUCKING KEYS YOU COCKSUCKER MOTHER FUCKER AAAARRRGGHHHH !!!!!!!

gimme teh fuggen keys cockcuggrrrr.

IN ENGLISH PLEASE ?

Adami

Real Life - An early Albert Brooks film from 1979. Not terribly sure how I feel. I liked it, and I can tell they were trying to make a point, but I feel like it was a bit....immature in its attempt and didn't quite pan out. Still an interesting watch.

carl320

Sin City: A Dame to Kill for.

It was alright, but I probably should have refreshed my memory of the first Sin City before watching this one.

The Trooper

Quote from: Kotowboy on July 04, 2016, 02:36:36 PM
Quote from: The Trooper on July 04, 2016, 02:24:17 PM

GIVE ME THE FUCKING KEYS YOU COCKSUCKER MOTHER FUCKER AAAARRRGGHHHH !!!!!!!

gimme teh fuggen keys cockcuggrrrr.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN ENGLISH PLEASE ?

The Trooper

I will not go on a rant. Although I could. Just rewatched Batman v Superman extended. Better than the theatrical. A movie that could have had so much promise. I have kinda stood by Snyder in the past. But the movie...........granted fits a bit better in the extended version is just................I do not know exactly. Choppy I guess. Story blows. I , to be honest just felt cheated lets say. Long story short it just did not work. Just a weird movie for me. Eisenberg was horrible. Maybe my vision of what he should have been in the story was not what I hoped. Oh well. Anyway. Not a movie I will revisit anytime soon.  Gave it a few shots.  That said..............on to catching up on BBQ Pitmasters,

faizoff

Finally got to see MI- Rogue Nation. I really enjoyed it, I still like Ghost Protocol a lot and is near my favorite one, the first one will always have a special place. The only one I didn't like was the 2nd one.

kaos2900

Quote from: faizoff on July 08, 2016, 12:20:57 PM
Finally got to see MI- Rogue Nation. I really enjoyed it, I still like Ghost Protocol a lot and is near my favorite one, the first one will always have a special place. The only one I didn't like was the 2nd one.

100% this.

The Trooper

Just watched The Infiltrator. Cranston rules. Solid movie. Not great but solid.

Adami

The Kings of Summer - Actually pretty good. The main kid was a total douche, but the other two were pretty interesting. Offerman played it perfectly, but Patrick's parents were so effective at eliciting intolerable frustration that I almost punched my TV. Still, a really good coming of age movie. Probably should have spent more time in the first act exploring family dynamics, but still great.

orcus116

Spotlight. Very good although in retrospect my only really complaint would be that there was some moments of suspense but there was no real danger. Even the small obstacles that came up were resolved relatively quickly.

bout to crash

Lolita, the remake. Love that damn movie. Jeremy Irons is amazing. The final "showdown" is completely absurd and hilarious, and I kind of forgot about that since I haven't watched it in so long. I also think Dominique Swain does an awesome job, but man has her career gone downhill since she started- this and Face/Off were her first (and probably best) movies, as a teen. I just looked up her imdb page and she has been in a million crappy looking movies, including two I need to hunt down- Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre (yes, Sharkansas... also starring Traci Lords) and Nazis at the Center of the Earth :rollin

jakepriest

Shutter Island for the first time.
Unfortunately I had the ending spoiled from way back but it was really nice seeing it play out knowing how it really is.

Scorpion

Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre ft. Traci Lords sounds like something I want to watch with a couple of friends while drunk off my ass.

King Postwhore

Jackie, every time a read your posts on these B- movies, I picture you owning the posters and are hung up all around your house.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Kotowboy

Quote from: Scorpion on July 11, 2016, 12:32:27 PM
Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre ft. Traci Lords sounds like something I want to watch with a couple of friends while drunk off my ass.

I never understand when I read things like " Can't wait for the new [whoever] album! Gonna get fucking smashed and listen to it..."

Wouldn't you rather enjoy the new album by your favourite band with a completely clear head ?

King Postwhore

Kotowboy,  it's like playing a Psychostick album watching those movies. You know it's not the normal music you listen too but it's so fucking fun and so funny and mocking that it's fun to knock a few down while listening to it ot watching it.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Orbert

Exactly.  Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre does not exactly sound like high art or anything to take remotely seriously.  It does, however, sound like something fun to watch while completely hammered.

Kotowboy

Quote from: Orbert on July 11, 2016, 04:34:12 PM
Exactly.  Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre does not exactly sound like high art or anything to take remotely seriously.  It does, however, sound like something fun to watch while completely hammered.

I can understand that when it's something trashy like that but when it's like the new Dream Theater or Metallica album ? I'd want to have as much clarity as possible to fully take it in.

King Postwhore

Completely agree.  Those movies are just fun.

Orbert

Quote from: Kotowboy on July 11, 2016, 04:38:10 PM
Quote from: Orbert on July 11, 2016, 04:34:12 PM

I can understand that when it's something trashy like that but when it's like the new Dream Theater or Metallica album ? I'd want to have as much clarity as possible to fully take it in.

Drugs and alcohol affect everyone differently.  For some, "clarity" is not necessarily the goal.  I find that combustible intoxicants often induce a sense of "augmented reality" which gives music greater emotional depth.  It also depends on my mood and the specific type of intoxicant.  But there have definitely been times when I've listened to music and felt things I did not feel when I was stone cold sober.  I was even surprised the first few times I listened to tunes I'd heard before and dismissed (too poppy, too commercial, too whatever) but after desoberizing, I actually got into it.  I totally expected it to have the opposite effect; if I didn't like the music before, it would just be a buzz-kill.  But instead, I locked into the music, put myself into the performance, and found that I liked it.  It doesn't happen every time or anything, but it happens often enough for me to recognize it as a real thing, an effect of the intoxicant.  But as I said, everyone's different.

Kotowboy

Once More Round The Sun by Mastodon came out when I was in a really shit place. I hated where I lived - i'd had no job for 2 years and the Job Centre were trying to force me to apply

for jobs they KNEW I didn't want to like fast food outlets when I was applying and getting interviews for places I DID want to work.

The album wasn't doing anything for me.

Fast forward two years and I spun it today after a long gap. I like my flat. I live near many beaches which I can visit every day. My work is pretty good.

...Loved it.