Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 916075 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I would never recommend an album to any of you guys if I didn't think you'd personally like it. I've sent every one of you guys recommendations, but that's because while listening, I think, jeez _______ might like this.

And I sure wouldn't post anything with growls in this thread. I'll just PM Wolfking personally. :lol
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 02:47:18 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Nothing can be too "power metal" for Tim.  His favorite albums are Keeper of the Seven Keys, which started power metal.

And that is a smart decision to keep the growls out of this thread, nobody besides Tim and Wolf want them lol.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Nothing can be too "power metal" for Tim.  His favorite albums are Keeper of the Seven Keys, which started power metal.

Exactly! Plus I believe that Accept's Fast As A Shark was the blueprint.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Yes Helloween gets the credit but Accept deserves the recognition.

Accept  :metal :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Exactly! Plus I believe that Accept's Fast As A Shark was the blueprint.

Valid.  Kai Hansen just took it to a new level with Jericho.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That's a solid valid answer.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Fast As A Shark has that wicked double bass romp with a very melodic chorus.

Accept was sneaky melodic. They really bridged the gap from the NWOBHM to European Power Metal. I have always loved 80's Accept and rate them as a favorite band.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Fast As A Shark has that wicked double bass romp with a very melodic chorus.

Accept was sneaky melodic. They really bridged the gap from the NWOBHM to European Power Metal. I have always loved 80's Accept and rate them as a favorite band.

Sounds like you've just cemented another listening party.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
a UFO and Accept listening party..........whoa

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hah!

I would love to! But the UFO one is going to damn near kill me.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
An Accept listening party by Tim would be  :metal :metal :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal

:metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Balls to the F&^*ing Walls

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wolfking, your PM inbox is full again!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Argh!!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

It's full of metal  :metal

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
The new Dee Snider live record is awesome.  6 songs from For The Love of Metal, 7 Twisted Sister songs, a cover and a new song.

His live band is ridiculously good - two of the guys played in Toxic Holocaust, so they're thrashers.  They inject a lot of heaviness and beef up those old Twisted songs.  And Dee is just flat out amazing.  I'm not a fan of the editing - they mixed footage from a daytime festival, a nighttime festival and an indoor club show.  The stage outfits change from shot to shot and he'll have his sunglasses on, then off, then on again.  The concert is also intercut with some interview footage in between songs. 

Other than that, I'm really happy to have a live album from that cycle.  He played some festival shows for that record, but never did a club tour here in the US.  I'd have gone to see him in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:40:44 PM by Grappler »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

:lol

The new Dee Snider live record is awesome.  6 songs from For The Love of Metal, 7 Twisted Sister songs, a cover and a new song.

His live band is ridiculously good - two of the guys played in Toxic Holocaust, so they're thrashers.  They inject a lot of heaviness and beef up those old Twisted songs.  And Dee is just flat out amazing.  I'm not a fan of the editing - they mixed footage from a daytime festival, a nighttime festival and an indoor club show.  The stage outfits change from shot to shot and he'll have his sunglasses on, then off, then on again.  The concert is also intercut with some interview footage in between songs. 

Other than that, I'm really happy to have a live album from that cycle.  He played some festival shows for that record, but never did a club tour here in the US.  I'd have gone to see him in a heartbeat.

That's good to hear. I'm planning on checking it out.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I literally laughed out loud!

Offline Lowdz

Kade is full of metal! 🤘🤘🤘

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
RROOOAAAAARRR!!!!!!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I will also add that Wolf is made of metal  :metal. Plus his circuits gleam and he is also perpetual. Most importantly he keeps his country clean.

Offline Lowdz

Just watched the Y&T documentary- really enjoyed it. I love this band. It was bloody expensive though.
All I can say is “fuck you Phil” 😭

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Just watched the Y&T documentary- really enjoyed it. I love this band. It was bloody expensive though.

Where was this documentary?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That would be a cool documentary to watch. Y&T had most of the check boxes to be a huge band, but never really got there.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Dave is a very underrated guitar player.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I gotta say, that Cathagods album Tim pimped is absolutely amazing.  Definitely in the list of top albums of the year.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I gotta say, that Cathagods album Tim pimped is absolutely amazing.  Definitely in the list of top albums of the year.

I have an album called The Monster In Me from 2019 - is there another after that?  I am waaaay behind on everything at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 04:19:49 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I have an album called The Monster In Me from 2019 - is there another after that?  I am waaaay behind on everything at the moment.

No, that's the one.  I didn't know it was from last year.  Just pimped it, I just must have thought it was new.

Offline Lowdz

Where was this documentary?

The band commissioned it themselves and used Kickstarter to fund it. You can buy it through their site but I watched it on Amazon. It was expensive but a cheaper option than buying the disk and paying import duty. No bonus features either which is a pain.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

No, that's the one.  I didn't know it was from last year.  Just pimped it, I just must have thought it was new.

Spotify has mis-labeled it as a 2020 release.  I'm finding it more and more enjoyable with each listen.  Their prior release was fairly meh
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It came across my new album ticker. Maybe it got some sort of rerelease. Not sure.

I have an album called The Monster In Me from 2019 - is there another after that? 

How would you have it? Where did you hear of it, and why didn't you tell us about it??