Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!  (Read 262625 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!
« Reply #3675 on: July 15, 2015, 01:09:23 PM »
I've been busy lately, that's pretty different. It's good though. I've been taking a pharmacy tech training course and it's been a lot of fun.

How's everyone going?

My wife is a certified head pharmacy tech Cedar.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #3676 on: July 15, 2015, 01:53:44 PM »
I'm having a pretty good day. Got the apartment to myself so I'm sat in watching two new Muse DVDs I bought, having some Faye time, then an early night I reckon. Been a long day at work. Muse are really random sometimes. This Rome gig is basically them running up and down the arena the entire set. Really massively enjoying it so far though, so much energy and enthusiasm going on!
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3677 on: July 15, 2015, 01:56:49 PM »
It's such a huge stage too.  I love their sound live.  I really need to see them.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #3678 on: July 15, 2015, 02:00:54 PM »
I know! It's mindblowing. They're touring right about now and I thought about going but I swear I can not be bothered with gigs where there are tens of thousands of people, you get crushed and can barely see the stage anyway. I must be getting old.

I saw Muse a few times I think, back in 2002, 2004 and another time I've forgotten but know DEFINITELY happened. even over a decade ago the shows were so crazy big and the fans so intense it was actually hard to really focus on the music. I'm not the kinda person who goes for the atmosphere and fun, I usually go to soak up the music so those size shows aren't really for me unless it's a certain type of fan base. God I really do sound old now. Got caught in a really brutal mosh pit during a Karnivool show outta the blue a few months ago and it was a solid reminder of what I tend to avoid that kinda thing now :P
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3679 on: July 15, 2015, 02:07:09 PM »
I'd rather go to a small show as long as the headliner is not coming on at midnight.  I'm too old to recover from that. :lol

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #3680 on: July 15, 2015, 02:08:34 PM »
I've been busy lately, that's pretty different. It's good though. I've been taking a pharmacy tech training course and it's been a lot of fun.

How's everyone going?

My wife is a certified head pharmacy tech Cedar.

:tup
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #3681 on: July 15, 2015, 02:11:39 PM »
On that note, I'm studying in  my university library and it's full of incoming freshmen doing their orientation. This makes for good studying...
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #3682 on: July 15, 2015, 02:21:05 PM »
I'd rather go to a small show as long as the headliner is not coming on at midnight.  I'm too old to recover from that. :lol

Oh totally haha. Although mostly cos I have to travel pretty far for gigs and usually have a 11.30pm train to catch back. Was a bit pissed off with the SOAD show I went to this year, they came on half an hour late which meant I had to leave before the encore which was pretty shit for a £50 ticket.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3683 on: July 15, 2015, 02:42:08 PM »
I had the same thing on the weekend.  Chose not to go see Harem Scarem, who were recording for a DVD, because they had 3 opening acts, doors opened at 8pm, it's standing only venue, and traffic (because if the dumbass PanAm Games) would've been absolute chaos.  I've seen them 3 times in the last couple of years, so I bailed on this show.  I'll grab the DVD instead.

First world problems!  haha 
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #3684 on: July 15, 2015, 02:47:11 PM »
Haha first world indeed. Currently having to decide between seeing Anathema or DT at a festival in a few weeks as they're on at the same time. My friend across the pond is seething that I even get to make that choice but for me it's possibly the biggest decision I've ever had to make :P

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3685 on: July 15, 2015, 04:57:46 PM »
Haha first world indeed. Currently having to decide between seeing Anathema or DT at a festival in a few weeks as they're on at the same time. My friend across the pond is seething that I even get to make that choice but for me it's possibly the biggest decision I've ever had to make :P

Not fork vs spoon?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #3686 on: July 16, 2015, 12:00:30 AM »
My first DTF meetup tomorrow! I shall be going to Night of the Prog, where I will probably meet with Elite which should be quite rad.

But even it doesn't work for whatever reason, I'm sure I'll have a great time.  :D
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3687 on: July 16, 2015, 12:02:19 AM »
Sounds like fun. :tup

One day I need to meet one of you magnificent DTF bastards (as in anyone in general).
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3688 on: July 16, 2015, 12:21:09 AM »
That would require a trip to Australia though, and I value my life too much to risk it :lol

I've only met one DTFer, and that was Lynxo last year at the DT show in Stockholm. Fun times :tup
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3689 on: July 16, 2015, 12:35:30 AM »
That would require a trip to Australia though, and I value my life too much to risk it :lol

I'm much more afraid of the US than of Australia.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3690 on: July 16, 2015, 04:52:48 AM »
let's see.... RJ (several times), Joe (several times), Trisha (a few), Zook, Nick, Dark_Lord, Cozmo, Bosk, ariich, and a handful of others that aren't regular posters.

Still on the bucket-list (North American)... Mason, Hef, Black_Floyd, Gary, Kev, Jay.  Others I'm sure, but I'm only 2 sips of coffee into the day. :vfs:

Lots on the Aussie and Euro bucket list too.  And Evermind, but I don't see me going to Russia.

Morning/afternoon/evening everyone.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3691 on: July 16, 2015, 05:25:45 AM »
That's quite the impressive list already.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3692 on: July 16, 2015, 05:58:18 AM »
We should all fly to Australia and look for the darkest house.  That how We'll find Blob.

Morning.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3693 on: July 16, 2015, 06:04:13 AM »
We should all fly to Australia and look for the darkest house.  That how We'll find Blob.

I was going to say you're wrong, but then I realized I have no idea what my house looks like from the outside. :neverusethis:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3694 on: July 16, 2015, 06:06:19 AM »
 :lol

I'd have to dig up those pictures you posted of the brush fire to see the adjacent houses.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3695 on: July 16, 2015, 06:13:56 AM »
Overslept the gym this morning but I had a really rough night last night. Good morning dudes

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3696 on: July 16, 2015, 06:16:55 AM »
Overslept the gym this morning but I had a really rough night last night. Good morning dudes

I had a rough night too. Stayed up till after 3am watching Skippy the Bush Kangaroo on TV.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3697 on: July 16, 2015, 06:19:10 AM »
Morning Reap.

Very busy at work but the guys are killing it this week.  Got vacations coming up so tough times are ahead with labor.  Do I upstaff with the high counts with temps or stay the course with 1 less and push to get more with a little less.  I guess we'll see.

I had a rough night too. Stayed up till after 3am watching Skippy the Bush Kangaroo on TV.

And you folks mock American slanted shows. :lol  Look at that damn title! :rollin

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3698 on: July 16, 2015, 06:21:26 AM »

And you folks mock American slanted shows. :lol  Look at that damn title! :rollin

You haven't heard of Skippy? :lol It's one of our most well known shows, from the 1960s. The most hokey Australian thing you've ever seen. This trailer says it all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3HkUKoGoc4

I almost died from laughter watching the show.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3699 on: July 16, 2015, 06:26:18 AM »
I'll check it out when I get home.  I bet I could hind an american equivalent.  Funny how in all countries, the older shows are so patriotic.  I remember the bug bunny cartoons in the 40's and 50's fighting a clumsy Hitler.  I can't imagine seeing a cartoon character fighting Bin Laden these days.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3700 on: July 16, 2015, 06:30:12 AM »
I'll check it out when I get home.  I bet I could hind an american equivalent.  Funny how in all countries, the older shows are so patriotic.  I remember the bug bunny cartoons in the 40's and 50's fighting a clumsy Hitler.  I can't imagine seeing a cartoon character fighting Bin Laden these days.

Ah, nothing like good old fashioned war time propaganda. I have some 1940s movies that are like that too (like The Invisible Agent).
I don't know if Skippy was intentionally going for the stereotype, or whether Australia really was just a dirtball where people had pet kangaroos back in the 1960s. :neverusethis:
I haven't seen a kangaroo in literally 20 years, and that was only at a zoo.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3701 on: July 16, 2015, 06:30:31 AM »
Gotta love that drum solo :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3702 on: July 16, 2015, 06:31:39 AM »
Gotta love that drum solo :lol

Like a boss. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3703 on: July 16, 2015, 06:37:48 AM »
A drum solo?!  Dammit.  Figures I'm at work. :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3704 on: July 16, 2015, 06:50:56 AM »
A drum solo?!  Dammit.  Figures I'm at work. :lol

Boy are you in for a treat later. :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3705 on: July 16, 2015, 06:57:18 AM »
CONFIRMED.

New Dream Theater album first to feature Mike "Skippy" Bush on drums.

Petrucci Says : " We're all very excited to have Mike Skippy Bush on drums for our 13th album. Mike is a great drummer. His playing is very tight and in the pouch. "

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3706 on: July 16, 2015, 06:59:51 AM »
"I feel we've taken the drumming to a new level, one that neither MP or MM could reach".

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3707 on: July 16, 2015, 07:01:27 AM »
" Often we tie ourselves in knots trying to write this technical music. But Skippy can undo those no problem. "

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3708 on: July 16, 2015, 08:16:35 AM »
This trailer says it all.

Looks like a potpourri of Lassie + Littlest Hobo + The Monkeys + Mr. Ed.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3709 on: July 16, 2015, 08:25:38 AM »
This trailer says it all.

Looks like a potpourri of Lassie + Littlest Hobo + The Monkeys + Mr. Ed.

More Lassie than anything else, but unintentionally sillier. I don't know who that band is, but as far as I've seen they're not a regular part of the show, so I assume that was from a one-off episode.

And I have no idea what the littlest hobo is. It better be about a drifter who gets shrunk down, and uses his skills to steal food and money from people. :lol