Author Topic: Do you believe in Jesus Christ?  (Read 44892 times)

Offline flawlesslife

Re: Do you believe in Jesus Christ?
« Reply #245 on: August 17, 2010, 01:54:41 PM »
You said only the Topkapi manusscript has it. I'm pretty sure a lot of Bible-savvy people in this forum can assure you that in the general copies of the Bible there is no mention of Muhammed. And the Topkapi Bible was written after Muhammed.

rumborak

Yeah I knew that. But there are many copy of Bible. Which one is true? Matta, Markus, Luca, Yuhanna? Some historians confirmed it the Bible mentions Muhammed. I've read it in the article when I was at university. (Turkish article) According to Quran, there is one Bible.

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2010, 02:07:58 PM »
As mentioned in other threads, the original bible is not known to modern man. The oldest copies we have where written around 200 CE, oh and the Bible does not mention Islam nor Muhammed at all. If it does than I am all ears... or eyes rather.

Edit: To add to this, if it was mentioned in the Bible don't you think that other Bible historians would also have mentioned this.

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #247 on: August 17, 2010, 02:12:51 PM »
And a blind and deaf man appears.

You are talking like you've read the original bible. (I don't read it either but I've read some Turkish articles about it and it says; the Bible and Messiah mentioned.)

Ha, if you say all these because you've read a Bible that you bought from a random Church, it's Ok.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #248 on: August 17, 2010, 02:19:47 PM »
flawlesslife, we have manuscripts that are older than the Topkapi manusscript by hundreds of years.  That is a fact.  If you have evidence to the contrary, post a link to some articles that say so.  This is a discussion forum.  If you have something to discuss, have at it.  But you cannot just say "I have proof and you are wrong if you don't believe me."  Post a source for your evidence.  If you can't do that, you are not welcome to post at all because you are only being argumentative.  Stop it immediately.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2010, 02:22:00 PM »
flawlesslife, we have manuscripts that are older than the Topkapi manusscript by hundreds of years.  That is a fact.  If you have evidence to the contrary, post a link to some articles that say so.  This is a discussion forum.  If you have something to discuss, have at it.  But you cannot just say "I have proof and you are wrong if you don't believe me."  Post a source for your evidence.  If you can't do that, you are not welcome to post at all because you are only being argumentative.  Stop it immediately.

Bosk, beat me to it.

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #250 on: August 17, 2010, 02:26:54 PM »

:huh: I said it, I'm not here to convince anyone here. Just write what I knew. If I read something from the net I'll gladly post a link but I read articles at university. I do not say to anyone you are wrong even my documents are so limited about it. Only thing that I can say, the one of original Bible keeps at Istanbul in a museum and I saw it with my eyes and also there is many articles about the religion history you can read just by coming to Topkapı Sarayı and I believe many articles can be found on the net but which one is so trusthworthy?

And sorry for the misunderstanding.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #251 on: August 17, 2010, 03:48:30 PM »
:huh: I said it, I'm not here to convince anyone here. Just write what I knew.

I think you misunderstood the "discussion" part of a discussion forum. Discussions are more than just dropping in and proclaiming one's opinions in it with no rational backup. The Bible version you speak of was written long after Muhammed lived. There are many version of the Bible older than the Topkapi one, and none of them mention Muhammed. It's of course your choice to now believe the one that pleases your specific interpretation the best; but there's nothing rational about that decision, and whoever wrote down the Topkapi version thus achieved his aim.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2010, 03:55:23 PM »
:huh: I said it, I'm not here to convince anyone here. Just write what I knew.

I think you misunderstood the "discussion" part of a discussion forum. Discussions are more than just dropping in and proclaiming one's opinions in it with no rational backup.

rumborak

Don't worry I know what discussion means. We are talking about what could happened many years ago but what we have? Nothing in hand. Just a thought in people's minds. I said, I've read some articles about this subject and I am sure if you can google deep on the net something can be found. How can I bring the article that I've read 2-3 years ago, if it would be book then I can translate and give the information. But it's just a paper. These articles can be read in Topkapı Museum. I didn't search but maybe some articles can be found on the net.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2010, 03:57:55 PM »
We have many things in hand. The Topkapi Bible is written after Muhammed, that is a fact. And, none of the earlier Bibles mention Muhammed.
Isn't it "curiously" convenient that, after Muhammed appeared on the world stage, there appears a Bible that mentions him explicitly?

Bottom line is, like many people before you, and many after you, you choose the explanation most fitting to your preexisting belief set, essentially singling out the weakest piece of evidence and proclaiming it to be the right one.

rumborak

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2010, 04:03:16 PM »
We have many things in hand. The Topkapi Bible is written after Muhammed, that is a fact. None of the earlier Bibles mention Muhammed.
Isn't it "curiously" convenient that, after Muhammed appeared on the world stage, there appears a Bible that mentions him explicitly?

rumborak

What we learned is the original Bible mentions Muhammed and Christ mentinoned. If there are before and after Bibles, so hard to get the truth about that. Which one is true? I don't say, mine is true but what I say, it's so hard to say the truth, I guess. Many believes Bibles doesn't mention but some of believes Bible does.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #255 on: August 17, 2010, 04:11:36 PM »
I advise you to read up on what exists of the Bible, and how far the fragments reach back in time. You are basing your whole opinion here on hearsay, none of which is even remotely accurate. And any counter-argument you seem to respond to with "well, who knows the truth really?".

rumborak

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #256 on: August 17, 2010, 04:46:40 PM »
Thanks I've read Bible, Quran and Torah. We are living our truth I guess. If we have freedom so we can say our truth. Of course it's all open to debate.

And, nothing I said is hearsay. Just because you are against my though then it is called hearsay? I don't think so. I've read. I don't say I've read the trurh one, it has its doubts. Then some historian said something on hearsay. Why don't we go the library and check this out?

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #257 on: August 17, 2010, 04:49:45 PM »
I'm not talking about reading the Bible. I'm talking about reading about what we know about the Bible. Two very different things. The Bible as you know it was written, edited and accumulated by people with very specific motivations, and it is important to know those when trying to stake one's life on it.

We talked about this very recently in this forum: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=15191.0

rumborak

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #258 on: August 17, 2010, 04:52:17 PM »
I see. I'll check this thread. Thanks.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #259 on: August 17, 2010, 06:35:27 PM »
I'll say it: it's not hearsay, it's bullshit.  The Bible doesn't mention Muhammad.  If there is a Biblical manuscript in Turkey that mentions Muhammad, it is a forgery.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #260 on: August 17, 2010, 06:38:33 PM »
Like all the Bible. Yeap.

I think respect is not about age like ignorance.

Discussion ends here for me.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:46:07 PM by flawlesslife »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #261 on: August 17, 2010, 07:16:56 PM »

Don't dare disrespect egypt dude.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #262 on: August 17, 2010, 07:28:56 PM »

Ah, the Internet classic : drop in,  utter outrageous and baseless theory, then feign being offended when meeting counter-arguments,  in order to evade having to actually provide solid arguments,  and thus provide an exit strategy.

rumborak

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #263 on: August 17, 2010, 08:13:34 PM »
When did it start?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

« Reply #264 on: August 17, 2010, 08:15:26 PM »
When did it start?

When jesus said "Don't mind me".
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #265 on: August 17, 2010, 08:50:37 PM »
Missed that one.

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #266 on: August 17, 2010, 09:00:50 PM »

Ah, the Internet classic : drop in. 

Oh I see another internet classic here; bigotry! Well played, Hef.

Online Adami

« Reply #267 on: August 17, 2010, 09:03:26 PM »

Ah, the Internet classic : drop in. 

Oh I see another internet classic here; bigotry! Well played, Hef.

Dude, I gotta say, you're not going to last long here with the way you operate. I think we need a good muslim here, even from Turkey, one of the few countries that still doesn't completely hate my country. So please, read a bunch of threads, see the way things work around here, and try to learn. I'd hate to lose you.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #268 on: August 17, 2010, 09:06:39 PM »
Don't worry for me Adami. I'm OK. If the bigotry is the way I'm out of it.

Online Adami

« Reply #269 on: August 17, 2010, 09:07:51 PM »
Don't worry for me Adami. I'm OK. If the bigotry is the way I'm out of it.

Hef is a lot of things, mostly good, but not a bigot. Big? sure. Ot? Maybe, but Bigot? Nope.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #270 on: August 17, 2010, 09:08:15 PM »
SeRoX, you already wore out your welcome once before.  It is time to say goodbye again.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

« Reply #271 on: August 17, 2010, 09:09:58 PM »
SeRoX, you already wore out your welcome once before.  It is time to say goodbye again.

Wait, what?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ehra

« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2010, 09:34:13 PM »
Considering he refused to elaborate on what was up back when he first started warning SeRoX with bans, I doubt he'll say much now if it's him again.

Online Adami

« Reply #273 on: August 17, 2010, 09:36:42 PM »
I don't really remember Serox, just the name.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2010, 09:38:18 PM »
He's logged in at the James LaBrie forums right now if you want to say hi to him. 

Online Adami

« Reply #275 on: August 17, 2010, 09:40:59 PM »
I have no idea what's going on, so I will just say DURKA DURKA and be on my way.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #276 on: August 17, 2010, 09:45:41 PM »
That dude's been trolling the whole time? I thought he was just a little misunderstood with bad english.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #277 on: August 17, 2010, 09:46:34 PM »
I believe in Jesus Christ. eh saves people and doesn't afraid of anything.

Online Adami

« Reply #278 on: August 17, 2010, 09:48:53 PM »

Except gays.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #279 on: August 17, 2010, 09:51:38 PM »

Except gays.
:whatthe: