Author Topic: Your Controversial Movie Opinions !  (Read 26838 times)

Offline faizoff

Re: Your Controversial Movie Opinions !
« Reply #280 on: May 10, 2016, 07:47:27 AM »
It's just hardcore and adult for the sake of it. Yes it's my opinion and preferences but there's too many adult fiction shows like that where everyone acts tough and all sex is super aggressive.

Sure, ok if you say so.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #281 on: May 10, 2016, 08:01:45 AM »
::) which part ? The fact that it doesn't interest me ? The fact that it's an adult fiction show involving dragons or several shows I've seen with my eyes are exactly as I described ?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #282 on: May 10, 2016, 08:04:36 AM »
Not really a movie opinion... but I started Game of Thrones. I'm 5 episodes in and I am bored out of my mind.
Goddammit Chino
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2016, 08:08:07 AM »
Not really a movie opinion... but I started Game of Thrones. I'm 5 episodes in and I am bored out of my mind.
Goddammit Chino

Nothing exciting has happened yet. Outside of Bran getting pushed out the window in episode 1, nothing really interesting has captured my attention. The only emotion I've really felt so far was when Stark had to kill his kid's dire wolf.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #284 on: May 10, 2016, 08:22:37 AM »
You're already halfway through the first season.

Watch the next 5 episodes.  If you still don't care for it, then give it up.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #285 on: May 10, 2016, 08:24:34 AM »
That's my plan. Don't get me wrong, the writing is good and the scenery is cool, I'm just not getting hooked. I don't really find myself caring about anyone other than Stark, and that's moot because I know his head is getting chopped off any minute now.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #286 on: May 10, 2016, 08:28:08 AM »
I've read all the GoT books, and TBH it annoys me a little that the, er, scenes you refer to seem to be "amped up" for the TV show. In the books those types of scenes were not as frequent, or as graphic.
I'm not sure there's a need to take it as far as they have.

HBO's CEO of Tits needs to justify his job. 

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #287 on: May 10, 2016, 08:30:47 AM »
There are certain times where I really want to recommend a show or album or movie to one of my friends but end up not because he usually has a similar reaction to Chino's GOT's one and it's almost always because of hype. Not saying you are, Chino, but my friend tends to go in almost wanting to hate it because of the hype and usually forces his preconceived opinions to become true.

This is more of a rollover from a debate we had yesterday where he basically declared how overrated GOT is despite him not watching more than a season and expecting some kind of a pat on the back for his "bold" opinion.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #288 on: May 10, 2016, 08:34:04 AM »
That's my plan. Don't get me wrong, the writing is good and the scenery is cool, I'm just not getting hooked. I don't really find myself caring about anyone other than Stark, and that's moot because I know his head is getting chopped off any minute now.
If you already know that going in, then it isn't going to work.  You may as well give up now.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #289 on: May 10, 2016, 08:36:21 AM »
There are certain times where I really want to recommend a show or album or movie to one of my friends but end up not because he usually has a similar reaction to Chino's GOT's one and it's almost always because of hype. Not saying you are, Chino, but my friend tends to go in almost wanting to hate it because of the hype and usually forces his preconceived opinions to become true.

This is more of a rollover from a debate we had yesterday where he basically declared how overrated GOT is despite him not watching more than a season and expecting some kind of a pat on the back for his "bold" opinion.

I like to think that isn't why I'm not liking it. I hopped on the Breaking Bad, Lost, and Soprano trains well after the shows started. I'm just not a big fantasy genre guy. I would like nothing more than to end up really enjoying this show. I'll give it a legitimate chance, but if I don't like it, I don't like it. It's like that show Fringe. I love Walter the character, but that's about it. I finished two seasons and just didn't care at all about it.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #290 on: May 10, 2016, 08:38:28 AM »
If you already know that going in, then it isn't going to work.  You may as well give up now.

That's pretty much all I know at this point as to what's coming. I just happened to see that scene play out when I walked in a living room one night. I've heard the audio of the red wedding and I know the dwarf is still alive in season 6. Other than those things, I'm completely in the dark.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #291 on: May 10, 2016, 08:57:45 AM »
Those are big things.  May the Force be with you.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #292 on: May 10, 2016, 09:01:34 AM »
::) which part ? The fact that it doesn't interest me ? The fact that it's an adult fiction show involving dragons or several shows I've seen with my eyes are exactly as I described ?

If that's all you boiled it down to for all the shows of adult fiction you've seen, then there isn't much else for me to say. Because that's like just your opinion, man.

Quote from: Kotowboy
It's just hardcore and adult for the sake of it. Yes it's my opinion and preferences but there's too many adult fiction shows like that where everyone acts tough and all sex is super aggressive.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #293 on: May 10, 2016, 11:56:21 AM »

Chino didn't like Star Wars either, right? It seems you just don't like over hyped things, which is fair imo.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #294 on: May 10, 2016, 12:05:45 PM »

Chino didn't like Star Wars either, right? It seems you just don't like over hyped things, which is fair imo.

I didn't. I gave it a legitimate chance though. I watched Episodes 4,5, and the majority of 6. I mean, I'm not calling it shit or anything, but given the fact that I didn't watch it until the age of 26 in the year 2015, I'm not surprised that it didn't blow me away. I think if most Star Wars fans saw it as late as I did in this era of CGI and special effects, they'd feel a lot like I did.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #295 on: May 10, 2016, 12:49:27 PM »

I didn't. I gave it a legitimate chance though. I watched Episodes 4,5, and the majority of 6. I mean, I'm not calling it shit or anything, but given the fact that I didn't watch it until the age of 26 in the year 2015, I'm not surprised that it didn't blow me away. I think if most Star Wars fans saw it as late as I did in this era of CGI and special effects, they'd feel a lot like I did.

Stick with GoT until at least the end of season 1. There are so many plot lines, especially as you get into later seasons, that if one or two don't intrigue you, another will. You haven't even seen a fraction of the different characters that wind up on the show, and my three favorites (Jon, Tyrion, and Daenerys) become more interesting as the story continues. You haven't even seen Tyrion's best moments yet and you'll see why, in the later seasons, he's many people's favorite character.

What's wrong with super-aggressive sex?   ;)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #296 on: May 10, 2016, 02:00:42 PM »
Nothing, as far as I can tell.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2016, 02:17:34 PM »
The hard sex it a very small percentage to the storyline. 

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2016, 04:29:40 PM »
I know. I'm just trying to get Kotow's point. He doesn't like the show because to him it's the typical tough guy, sex aggressive show, but the book predates any show that's on television that would fit that description. I'm just trying to weed my way through his logic.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #299 on: May 10, 2016, 04:33:27 PM »
Good luck with that.  It's not like the woman's movement was in medieval times.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #300 on: May 10, 2016, 05:21:42 PM »
I am late to the party on Thrones, Never paid much mind to it. Started it last week and got up to season 2 ep5. Kept saying to myself it will get better.

Then went outside and poured salt on a slug in my yard. watched that, Then painted my hallway and watched the paint dry. The last 2 beat the 15 episodes of Thrones

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #301 on: May 10, 2016, 07:25:33 PM »
I am late to the party on Thrones, Never paid much mind to it. Started it last week and got up to season 2 ep5. Kept saying to myself it will get better.

Then went outside and poured salt on a slug in my yard. watched that, Then painted my hallway and watched the paint dry. The last 2 beat the 15 episodes of Thrones

So you mean you have hope

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #302 on: May 10, 2016, 07:30:20 PM »
lol. I would bang the dragon chick :metal

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #303 on: May 10, 2016, 07:48:20 PM »

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2016, 08:06:06 PM »
yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I would let her do me.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #305 on: May 10, 2016, 08:07:48 PM »
she is hot.

then again..........at this point I would let the groundhog in my yard do me lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #306 on: May 10, 2016, 08:08:23 PM »

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #307 on: May 10, 2016, 08:13:26 PM »
she could eat me any day ;)

Offline Cable

« Reply #308 on: May 10, 2016, 08:49:46 PM »
OP Kotowboy, good idea! Reminds of the DT one, and a solid way to post in this day and twitterz age of quick thoughts;

-The Crow is an overrated movie, and would not be really noteworthy without Brandon Lee's unfortunate death.

-Terminator 2 is the best sequel ever that I can think of, off the top of my head.
---

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #309 on: May 10, 2016, 08:54:05 PM »

-Terminator 2 is the best sequel ever that I can think of, off the top of my head.

this so much a bit.

but Godfather 2...............just GREAT

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #310 on: May 11, 2016, 03:52:49 AM »

this so much a bit.

but Godfather 2...............just GREAT

Short Circuit 2 is clearly the best sequel of all time.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #311 on: May 11, 2016, 04:32:05 AM »

I don't even know if you're serious.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #312 on: May 11, 2016, 04:38:01 AM »

Avatar 2 is obviously the best sequel ever... once it comes out

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #313 on: May 11, 2016, 04:39:19 AM »
:chino: :chino:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #314 on: May 11, 2016, 05:40:06 AM »

Avatar 2 is obviously the best sequel ever... once it comes out

Well, it can't be worse than the first one.