Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 212350 times)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #1260 on: October 02, 2017, 11:36:58 AM »
The LA Rams are the best team in the NFC West right now. Said the guy in Seattle, not thinking he'd be saying that anytime soon.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1261 on: October 02, 2017, 11:45:37 AM »
 :lol, I goofed...sort of.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1262 on: October 02, 2017, 12:04:29 PM »
If the season carries on like this, it might be pretty tight in some of the divisions for who gets into the playoffs. 25% of the way through the season, do you have any clue as to who will take home the Lombardi in February? No team has been dominant, really. Even the usually-trustworthy Patriots have been hit-and-miss.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1263 on: October 02, 2017, 06:02:52 PM »
Tom Brady basically blamed yesterdays 's loss on the officials. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1264 on: October 02, 2017, 06:22:32 PM »
Tom Brady basically blamed yesterdays 's loss on the officials. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

While I did not like most of the calls yesterday, I'd like to blame the Defense.  I think you know Brady can't blame them even though they are the reason for the lost.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1265 on: October 02, 2017, 06:29:05 PM »
I guess now Tom Brady knows how Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers have felt for long stretches of their careers, not being able to win because your defense sucks ass.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1266 on: October 02, 2017, 06:37:25 PM »
Easy fella.  He knows that all ready and so does this bitchy Pats fan as seen on the internet. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1267 on: October 02, 2017, 06:40:19 PM »
Oh, please. Let me know when a Patriots D is a bad over the course of the whole season as the 2011 Packers D was or some of the defenses in Indy Peyton's first 5-6 years. :P

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1268 on: October 02, 2017, 06:42:39 PM »
Or like the 2016 Denver offense? :neverusethis:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1269 on: October 02, 2017, 06:43:50 PM »

Hey now, Trevor did okay last year for a 7th rounder and a first year starter.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1270 on: October 02, 2017, 06:46:19 PM »
Good start for the Redskins tonight. This team looks for real.  Their only loss was to Philly (who looks like a great team), and they won at LA against the 3-1 Rams and then drilled the then-healthy Raiders.  Chiefs will have their hands full all night.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1271 on: October 02, 2017, 06:47:48 PM »
Dont be all touchy now. :lol

I think Belichick made a big mistake in setting up this defense this year.  We can only hope that they become an average, mid defense and with the offense the Pats have, still have a chance.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1272 on: October 02, 2017, 06:54:20 PM »
That's your hope, not mine. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1273 on: October 02, 2017, 06:55:17 PM »
It certainly is. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1274 on: October 02, 2017, 06:58:07 PM »
Kev, this should interest you.

"The Patriots have allowed 105 points in three home games this year, they allowed 124 points at Gillette all of last season."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1275 on: October 02, 2017, 07:22:42 PM »

I was expecting you to mention the 2015 offense.   :lol

Kev, this should interest you.

"The Patriots have allowed 105 points in three home games this year, they allowed 124 points at Gillette all of last season."

:omg: :omg:

Holy shit.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1276 on: October 02, 2017, 07:24:04 PM »
It's very telling Chad.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1277 on: October 02, 2017, 07:34:35 PM »
Their defensive personnel isn't what it was before, which wasn't helped by trading away draft picks for a decoy WR.  It seems like they made a point to ignore the defense just so they could get Brady some new toys before he retired (Gillislee, Cooks, Burkhead, D Allen). 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1278 on: October 02, 2017, 07:38:14 PM »
They also traded two guys coming up on contracts we're very good players. They going youth but it's growing pains big time.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1279 on: October 02, 2017, 07:39:53 PM »
As great as Belichick is, he does some really fucked up things. Like when is it ever a good idea to add Bills and Bengals players to your roster?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1280 on: October 02, 2017, 07:43:10 PM »
As great as Belichick is, he does some really fucked up things. Like when is it ever a good idea to add Bills and Bengals players to your roster?

25 and 30 years ago.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1281 on: October 02, 2017, 07:44:31 PM »
Exactly.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1282 on: October 02, 2017, 07:45:00 PM »
I'm not going to cry about the record live has Bill Belichick with Brady. sure what kind of cry about all these things but I'll wait till the end of the season before I actually say something. that's what we really are looking for right?
 Playoffs.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1283 on: October 02, 2017, 07:46:21 PM »
25 years ago the Bengals were one of the worst teams in the league, and weren't sporting much talent. I don't understand the reference.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1284 on: October 02, 2017, 07:48:44 PM »
25 years ago the Bengals were one of the worst teams in the league, and weren't sporting much talent. I don't understand the reference.

I meant it respectively - Bills 25 years ago; Bengals 30 years ago.  I seem to remember them both being Super Bowl teams at those times.   ;)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1285 on: October 02, 2017, 07:54:09 PM »
Chad's math is right.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1286 on: October 02, 2017, 07:55:45 PM »
Yeah on the 30 for the Bengals. It didn't take long for them to implode, though. That's why the 25 baffled me.  :biggrin:
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1287 on: October 02, 2017, 09:48:47 PM »
Suicide watch for bettors everywhere who had Wash +7.  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1288 on: October 02, 2017, 10:08:55 PM »
Damn, you guys have convinced me. Belichick sucks. They should have fired him long ago. Bring on McDaniels!
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1289 on: October 03, 2017, 11:23:23 AM »
Suicide watch for bettors everywhere who had Wash +7.  :rollin :rollin :rollin

They must've wanted a reason to off themselves for thinking that, and at KC no less.  :lol

Damn, you guys have convinced me. Belichick sucks. They should have fired him long ago. Bring on McDaniels!

They have a couple of bad games and all of a sudden BB sucks?  :lol  I don't buy it.  You NE fans are all spoiled rotten.   :rollin   :biggrin:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #1290 on: October 03, 2017, 12:26:31 PM »
J E T S SUCK SUCK SU....uh...WUT?

How the hell are Gang Green 2-2?  :lol

This can't last...

*spoken like a tried and true JETS fan*
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1291 on: October 03, 2017, 06:37:38 PM »
What if I told you in August that thru 4 weeks, the Pats and Jets would be sporting the same record?

I wouldn't believe it, much like I wouldn't believe that I'd give up on the Ravens, but life's crazy!

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1292 on: October 03, 2017, 06:40:56 PM »
J E T S SUCK SUCK SU....uh...WUT?

How the hell are Gang Green 2-2?  :lol

This can't last...

*spoken like a tried and true JETS fan*

Not only are they 2-2, they have the same record as the Patriots. Imagine after all this they make the playoffs and New England doesn't? (Not gonna happen, but what a world that would be.)
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1293 on: October 03, 2017, 08:16:41 PM »
Post-Week 4 Power Rankings

Top 10
1. Kansas City -  last night was a game Chiefs teams of the past would have lost; they are the real deal
2. Philadelphia - not sure they will be the team to come out of the NFC, but so far they have been the most impressive
3. Washington - yeah, they are only 2-2, but they had narrow losses to the 1 and 2 teams, beat the 3-1 Rams in LA and kicked the crap out of a then-healthy Raiders team
4. LA Rams - seems crazy, but they, to me, have the best 4th most impressive team thus far, and the defense will get better as they get more used to the 3-4
5. Denver - run defense has been all-world so far, and the no-fly zone has mostly been in tact thus far
6. Detroit - 3-1, with their only loss being on that tough break to Atlanta; this team is good
7. Buffalo - I know this won't last, but gotta give them their due for now; that D is stellar
8. Pittsburgh - still not sold on them, as they have beaten two bad teams, one team without their QB, and lost to a bad Bears team
9. Carolina - wins against Buffalo and at NE look pretty impressive
10. Green Bay - Rodgers will continue to make them a lot better than they really are

Trending Up
Houston - looks like they might finally have their QB
NY Jets - many thought they'd be lucky to win 2 all year, much less 2 in a row!
Tampa Bay - can they take advantage of a bad NE defense?
New Orleans - is their D really improved or is it all a mirage?
Seattle - offense finally showed signs of life, albeit against a bad Colts team

Trending Down
New England - they won't trend down for long, but two home losses in a row is shocking
Dallas - that defense is not good
Miami - offense is pathetic
Minnesota - starting QB is out and now their stud rookie RB is done for the year
Oakland - two losses in a row and now they look their great young QB; ouch!

Bottom 5
28. Chicago - might as well start the rookie QB
29. NY Giants - offensive line stinks. and now the defense is leaky
30. Indianapolis - props for a good first half against Seattle, but then they fell apart
31. San Francisco - will be a rough year, but I think next year will be much better
32. Cleveland - both sadly and laughably bad

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1294 on: October 03, 2017, 09:50:05 PM »
Like when is it ever a good idea to add Bills and Bengals players to your roster?

Well let's see here....

Rams 2017 Free agency and trade aquisitions....

Bengals - Andrew Whitworth LT- Guy has been an absolute stud for us so far.
Bills -      Sammy Watkins WR- has had some great plays and clutch catches.  Keeps Defenses honest. Only here since end of Aug.
Bills -      Robert Woods WR - Has been solid so far
Bills-       Nikell Robey-Coleman  CB- Our solid slot CB so far, but when filling in for injured Kavon Webster he looked pretty damn good.