Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - SEASON 5  (Read 86991 times)

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: THE WALKING DEAD - SEASON 5
« Reply #910 on: March 30, 2015, 02:10:46 PM »
Good episode. Not what I expected (which isn't a bad thing), but still good, with some seeds of greatness here and there.

- Morgan suddenly being all samurai with the stick was really silly.
 - The tripple-zombie-head-slice-by-chain by Deryl was also really silly.
 - Morgan isn't Morgan, and hasn't been Morgan since the first time we saw him. He has basically been three different character's played by the same actor the three times we've met him. It may be justified or whatever, but that's still how I see it.
 - The music during the final scene was awesome. The entire scene was awesome, but the music really contributed.
 - Oh my god fuck you Sasha I want you to die. I want to stomp on your stupid face.

Exit TWD, enter GoT! Good times.

That is probably what made me most excited about this week's episode. One week closer to April 12th.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #911 on: March 30, 2015, 02:16:37 PM »
- Morgan suddenly being all samurai with the stick was really silly.
 - Morgan isn't Morgan, and hasn't been Morgan since the first time we saw him. He has basically been three different character's played by the same actor the three times we've met him. It may be justified or whatever, but that's still how I see it.

I'd think that he'd be forced to use that stick at least 4 or 5 times a day as he traveled....maybe more maybe less....I guess what I'm saying is that practice makes perfect, plus it appears (to your second point) he has some sort of 'aura' going on....all ninja like. His three character swing is neat I think....we met Morgan the grieving Husband and protective Father.....Morgan the man who lost everything he was......and now Morgan the man who he's become. I think it makes him even a more endearing character.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #912 on: March 30, 2015, 07:22:45 PM »
"There's a vast ocean of shit that you people don't know shit about. Rick knows every fine grain of said shit......and then some". /Abraham

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #913 on: March 30, 2015, 08:04:01 PM »
If there is one place I'd love to be in the zombie apocalypse, it's Sunnyvale Trailer Park.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #914 on: March 31, 2015, 03:08:43 AM »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #915 on: March 31, 2015, 03:43:19 AM »
That was the best line of the episode for me.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #916 on: March 31, 2015, 03:51:30 AM »
"There's a vast ocean of shit that you people don't know shit about. Rick knows every fine grain of said shit......and then some". /Abraham

:lol

:lol His lines, and Carol's lines were awesome.

Not at all what I expected from the finale, but I don't mean that as a bad thing. I'm glad they're continuing to break the tired formula they were establishing before that, and it's nice to see them sort out their problems rather than killing. This was a very grounded finale.

But how the hell did Gabriel's shirt stay perfectly white? My suspension of disbelief has accepted a zombie apocalypse with ease, but killing two walkers with your bare hands and rolling around on the ground, and your shirt doesn't get a drop of blood on it? You've crossed the line! :lol
Crazy piece of shit needs to die ASAP. Now that Morgan has met up with the group, they're over budget for black guys, so it's inevitable now. :P
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #917 on: March 31, 2015, 03:54:48 AM »
Now that Morgan has met up with the group, they're over budget for black guys, so it's inevitable now. :P

Haha!  My thoughts exactly.  Although I'm glad there's a black dude there that just kicks copious amounts of ass, ninja style. 

If there is one place I'd love to be in the zombie apocalypse, it's Sunnyvale Trailer Park.

My favourite part of watching the show with my wife is the discussions after the show surrounding our (my) plan of action once the zombie apocalypse hits.  Lol.

Just started watching again from the first season, I've missed a whole lot here and there.  It's weird to see Rick so green in that first episode. 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #918 on: March 31, 2015, 05:50:23 AM »
Really interesting way to end the season. I didn't hate it, but I don't think I loved it either. There wasn't really a wow factor, at least in my opinion.  Here is my usual run down.

- Dear Gabriel, I hope your face gets ripped off by a walker.
- Sasha. May I ask what the fuck is going on in your head? I get that she's losing it, but damn.
- Abraham is still my favorite character on the show.
- I liked Maggie's conversation with Deanna.
- I was hoping to see Pete go out in a fashion with a little more torturing.
- I'm not really feeling Morgan. The whole ninja thing? They've kind of already done that with Michonne and she does it much better.
- I definitely thought Glenn was toast. I don't know how I feel about him reconciling with what's his face.
- When I first saw the zombie trap, I thought it was really stupid. I couldn't suspend my belief because of how long it would have taken to get all the walkers in the trailers. The disco thing to get them all to come in was cool, but still relatively stupid.
- Carol is somehow still getting more bad ass. That scene with Pete was freaking intense.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #919 on: March 31, 2015, 06:18:03 AM »
The whole "character X is losing it and going crazy" routine is getting very stale by now. We've seen it with Shane, we've seen it with Rick, we've seen it with Michonne, we've seen it with Darryl, we've seen it with Tyreese.. do we really need more of it?

On another note, I thought one of the bigger players would bite the dust, but I was happy when Glenn lived. He is one of my favorites, and I hope he will be around for quite a while more. That "sudden" death of the architect guy was kinda lolworthy though. That's what the episode built up to?

I did like Carol though, basically everything she said about the Alexandria people being children had me laughing.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #920 on: March 31, 2015, 06:22:09 AM »
The whole "character X is losing it and going crazy" routine is getting very stale by now. We've seen it with Shane, we've seen it with Rick, we've seen it with Michonne, we've seen it with Darryl, we've seen it with Tyreese.. do we really need more of it?

In all fairness, I imagine everyone would lose it at some point. Sasha is on a different level though. I thought for sure whe was going to blow her brains out in that grave. I think Shane was just a hot head, and looking back, he wasn't really any different than what Rick has become.

What happened with Daryl?

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #921 on: March 31, 2015, 06:38:13 AM »
I vaguely remember Daryl having some sort of crazy phase when Merle came back and he had to battle with the brother vs group thing. And I mean sure, the apocalypse is probably tough for many people, but it would be interesting if they dealt with those problems in different ways, rather than everybody doing similar things. Sasha is probably the most annoying character in the show right now, maybe even worse than Lori if you look at the whole run.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #922 on: March 31, 2015, 07:17:34 AM »
Finally watched the episode yesterday and enjoyed it.  I was pretty hard on this show after the first episode of the second half of the season.  I was really close to giving up, but I am glad I did not.  This end has been the best set of episodes since season 2.  I didn't think the finale was anything great, but a really solid close to the season while keeping things on the edge waiting for next.  I am surpised no one from the group died, I was close with my call on Glenn but Im thinking those two become close or something now.  I wonder if the preacher will have repercussions for leaving the gate open and for the behind the back talk.  Seemed like there was peace with him at the end, but those two items weren't brought up to him.  I wonder what both Morgan and the new girl think of Rick after shooting the wife beater in the head in front of everyone.  Morgan looked shocked that Rick did that.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #923 on: March 31, 2015, 07:21:13 AM »
I think the shit with Gabriel isn't over yet. I still hope he gets viciously ripped apart. 

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #924 on: March 31, 2015, 08:01:43 AM »
So, everytime Morgan shows up he's gonna be a completely different character?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #925 on: March 31, 2015, 08:05:39 AM »

Looks like it. However, you need to keep in mind that we are seeing him very sporadically. You could take any character on the show (with the exception of maybe Daryl), and if you only saw them along the same time line as Morgan, you'd probably have similar feelings. Rick and Carol's characters along a similar timeline of appearances would be just as extreme.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #926 on: March 31, 2015, 08:34:53 AM »
- I'm not really feeling Morgan. The whole ninja thing? They've kind of already done that with Michonne and she does it much better.

I don't know.  Michonne is more of a samurai and Morgan is like a zen master.  Just because both archetypes have Asian origins, I don't think they should necessarily be thrown in the same boat.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:06:48 AM by Big Hath »
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #927 on: March 31, 2015, 08:42:05 AM »
I wonder what both Morgan and the new girl think of Rick after shooting the wife beater in the head in front of everyone.  Morgan looked shocked that Rick did that.

just a couple of scenes earlier, Morgan did make the statement about all life being precious.  And earlier when he put those guys in the car and honked the horn, I assumed he was trying to attract walkers.  But I learned from Talking Dead that he was actually making sure there weren't any walkers around so he could leave those guys in "relative" safety while he made his escape.

seems like they'll have to work through some things . . .

which new girl are you talking about?
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #928 on: March 31, 2015, 08:56:24 AM »
Morgan can't hold anything against Rick. I'm pretty sure Morgan and Rick are going to have a talk and all is going to be fine.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #929 on: March 31, 2015, 09:08:04 AM »
Morgan can't hold anything against Rick. I'm pretty sure Morgan and Rick are going to have a talk and all is going to be fine.

yep. If there is an issue it'll be resolved fairly quickly.....by the first commercial break. Right after Rick has to kill Deanna's Walker husband......

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #930 on: March 31, 2015, 09:30:18 AM »
I can't wait for that. Do you think the people of Alexandria are aware people change once they die regardless of being bit?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:39:34 AM by Chino »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #931 on: March 31, 2015, 10:20:30 AM »
I can't wait for that. Do you think the people of Alexandria are aware people change once they die regardless of being bit?

If I had to guess I'd say 'no'. They haven't been outside those walls since near the beginning. I don't think they have a clue.....like Carol said, they are all children.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #932 on: March 31, 2015, 10:28:23 AM »

If I had to guess I'd say 'no'. They haven't been outside those walls since near the beginning. I don't think they have a clue.....like Carol said, they are all children.

That's what I thought as well, but didn't someone (I can't remember who) make reference to people being taken in during the last episode? Aaron must have brought back people who are aware of that tidbit of detail. If not, that's going to get a hell of a lot more interesting. But maybe that's what the people of Alexandria need. They'll realize that they aren't completely safe, even inside the walls.

One question I had about last night... What was the point of the elaborate zombie trap other than looking cool?

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #933 on: March 31, 2015, 11:50:43 AM »
Sasha is probably the most annoying character in the show right now, maybe even worse than Lori if you look at the whole run.

Sasha is one of the most annoying characters on any show, ever.

And earlier when he put those guys in the car and honked the horn, I assumed he was trying to attract walkers.  But I learned from Talking Dead that he was actually making sure there weren't any walkers around so he could leave those guys in "relative" safety while he made his escape.

That is really dumb. And did they expect people to get that?

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #934 on: March 31, 2015, 11:54:20 AM »
It was the classic "For no reason, I'm gonna let you guys live so that you can come back and kill me later" cliche.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #935 on: March 31, 2015, 11:56:09 AM »

And earlier when he put those guys in the car and honked the horn, I assumed he was trying to attract walkers.  But I learned from Talking Dead that he was actually making sure there weren't any walkers around so he could leave those guys in "relative" safety while he made his escape.

That is really dumb. And did they expect people to get that?

Yeah... That's not at all what I took from that scene. That was pretty poorly done.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #936 on: March 31, 2015, 11:58:50 AM »
Not only was it dumb for the reasons stated above, but because they would have been way the fuck safer if he hadn't sounded the horn. Without that, the walkers would probably not even bother noticing the car anyways.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #937 on: March 31, 2015, 12:11:51 PM »
Not only was it dumb for the reasons stated above, but because they would have been way the fuck safer if he hadn't sounded the horn. Without that, the walkers would probably not even bother noticing the car anyways.

That's what I was thinking. Leaving them in the car would only make nearby walkers a possible danger. Honking the horn would make all walkers in a half mile radius head for the source of the sound. I was thinking that Morgan was still slightly off and the whole 'all life is prescious' thing was just an act, kind of like the one Carol has been putting on since arriving to Alexandria. I figured the scene in the car was to show us that he's not always the peaceful man he claims to be.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #938 on: March 31, 2015, 12:13:27 PM »
One question I had about last night... What was the point of the elaborate zombie trap other than looking cool?

I'm confused about that as well. Just to trap a couple people at a time to take a few random items? Seems like a big effort for no payoff.....although they did get pics of Alexandria from the back pack that was left behind in the scrum. But all in all....it does seem like a huge hassle for little reward.

That's what I was thinking. Leaving them in the car would only make nearby walkers a possible danger. Honking the horn would make all walkers in a half mile radius head for the source of the sound. I was thinking that Morgan was still slightly off and the whole 'all life is prescious' thing was just an act, kind of like the one Carol has been putting on since arriving to Alexandria. I figured the scene in the car was to show us that he's not always the peaceful man he claims to be.

Yeah...the whole move was dumb. I'd say at this point in that world....if someone tries to kill you and they fail, you should probably just kill them.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #939 on: March 31, 2015, 02:11:57 PM »

That really didn't make any sense too me. Seems like there's a million better ways to trap or ambush some people.

And honestly, considering how much noise the zombies make (moaning/shambleing) I am shocked that master tracker Daryl didn't hear anything in the trucks, considering they were packed to the brim with them.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #940 on: March 31, 2015, 03:54:29 PM »
I wonder what both Morgan and the new girl think of Rick after shooting the wife beater in the head in front of everyone.  Morgan looked shocked that Rick did that.

just a couple of scenes earlier, Morgan did make the statement about all life being precious.  And earlier when he put those guys in the car and honked the horn, I assumed he was trying to attract walkers.  But I learned from Talking Dead that he was actually making sure there weren't any walkers around so he could leave those guys in "relative" safety while he made his escape.

Yeah, that whole 'life is precious thing' and the build up with him leaving those guys in the car was definitely to set up the tension once he saw Rick killing Pete.  Hopefully you guys are right and they iron that out quick smart, I'd really like to see Morgan hang around a while. 

Re: the Talking Dead thing... that sounds silly.  He honked the horn to make sure there were no walkers?  He could've just, yknow, not honked the horn, closed the doors and left them to sleep like he had only just done a few hours beforehand.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #941 on: March 31, 2015, 03:57:03 PM »

Looks like it. However, you need to keep in mind that we are seeing him very sporadically. You could take any character on the show (with the exception of maybe Daryl), and if you only saw them along the same time line as Morgan, you'd probably have similar feelings. Rick and Carol's characters along a similar timeline of appearances would be just as extreme.
Yeah, you're right.

I was just kinda taken aback by the very different Morgans we've seen in 3 appearances. First he was just a normal person dealing with this apocalypse, then he was a gone out of his mind psychopath and now he was

Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #942 on: March 31, 2015, 04:07:23 PM »
Well yeah, but think about how much most of the characters have changed in that time. Think about all the different states that Rick has been in. We've only seen Morgan 3 times, so we're not seeing the development - that's kind of the point I think.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #943 on: March 31, 2015, 04:19:50 PM »
I almost feel like Morgan's gonna be the new old Hershel with maybe even a dash of Dale

"Rick, life is precious and shit, stop losing your humanity and stuff"

I honestly just want more bad-ass rick though

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #944 on: March 31, 2015, 04:36:41 PM »

WHAT? Was that official?

The person I was watching it with and I both laughed at that part because of the cool payback of it. Didn't for a second think anything else of it. Two guys try to kill him, so he kicks the shit out of them, dumps them in the back of a car, honks the horn really loudly, and gives a smirk, like "Payback's a bitch".

Honking the horn to make sure there are no walkers is way too stupidly backwards a move for someone with as much experience as Morgan. Walkers are slow, so waiting 5 seconds doesn't mean there's not a horde of walkers coming your way.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.