Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 646808 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #4550 on: June 27, 2016, 11:04:27 AM »
I still have chills. My heart is still racing

mother of god. This show has reached god tier status. That was so incredible.

1. Even though, it ultimately will come back to bite her in the ass, I am so happy that cersei took care of business.

2. The second Tommen removed the crown, I knew he was going out the window. His place was never on the iron throne.

3. Arya is batman. Exactly what I want  :metal

4. I guess Dany is john's aunt? Very interesting, since I kind of thought they would have a marriage and share the throne, but who knows. Part of me wonders if R + L were legit in love and just ran away together, and robert started a massive war under false pretense, which I can't blame him. I would have done the same thing if the person I loved was supposedly stolen away.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4551 on: June 27, 2016, 11:10:48 AM »
4. I guess Dany is john's aunt? Very interesting, since I kind of thought they would have a marriage and share the throne, but who knows. Part of me wonders if R + L were legit in love and just ran away together, and robert started a massive war under false pretense, which I can't blame him. I would have done the same thing if the person I loved was supposedly stolen away.

It is very much believed the Robert likely started a war not because Lyanna was raped and murdered, but because she and Rheagar were in love together.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4552 on: June 27, 2016, 11:37:21 AM »
I don't think we've ever had this many epic moments in a single episode before.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4553 on: June 27, 2016, 11:48:18 AM »
BTW, it pretty much clarified who Jon Snow's mother was.

But did it actually spell out who his father was?  I know that Lyanna whispered something to Ned, but I couldn't make it out.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online faizoff

« Reply #4554 on: June 27, 2016, 12:10:36 PM »
I just rewatched that scene and it sounds like she whispers "His name is Jonathan..if Robert finds out he'll kill him, you know he will, you have to protect him, promise me Ned, promise me x3"
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4555 on: June 27, 2016, 12:15:25 PM »
Wait. That means Dany and John are related somehow? Cousins? Does this also mean Jon has her blood and can withstand fire and control dragons?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4556 on: June 27, 2016, 12:15:36 PM »

But did it actually spell out who his father was?  I know that Lyanna whispered something to Ned, but I couldn't make it out.

Yea, they did not confirm who the father was.  In After the Thrones they were saying a possible twist to that would be the father could be The Mad King, but I think we can all be pretty sure of who the father actually is.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4557 on: June 27, 2016, 12:17:20 PM »
Wait. That means Dany and John are related somehow? Cousins? Does this also mean Jon has her blood and can withstand fire and control dragons?

Yea, they are likely related.  Also, it seems unlikely he would have the same powers as Dany.  Remember, Dany's own brother Viserys did not even have that power yet he always talked about having the blood of the dragon.  I guess it is possible though (unless Jon got burnt at some point, I don't recall)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4558 on: June 27, 2016, 12:25:43 PM »
I just rewatched that scene and it sounds like she whispers "His name is Jonathan..if Robert finds out he'll kill him, you know he will, you have to protect him, promise me Ned, promise me x3"

Yep

Wait. That means Dany and John are related somehow? Cousins?

they are related for sure....

but I think we can all be pretty sure of who the father actually is.

there will be no twist. the love story between Rayghar and Illyanna has been 'documented' by a couple characters now....it's his kid.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4559 on: June 27, 2016, 12:26:18 PM »

Yea, they are likely related.  Also, it seems unlikely he would have the same powers as Dany.  Remember, Dany's own brother Viserys did not even have that power yet he always talked about having the blood of the dragon.  I guess it is possible though (unless Jon got burnt at some point, I don't recall)

I can't recall him getting burned at any point. I'm wondering if he does have something special in his blood though. I mean, he did come back from the dead. I get that the red haired lady did her thing, but still.

Something that has me curious... If the White Walkers manage to kill one of Dany's dragons, does it rise again to fight for them? Will it breathe ice instead of fire?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4560 on: June 27, 2016, 12:32:25 PM »
but I think we can all be pretty sure of who the father actually is.

there will be no twist. the love story between Rayghar and Illyanna has been 'documented' by a couple characters now....it's his kid.

I don't think there will be a twist either, just was saying that since I guess it is technically a possibility.  There is also the possibility/fan theory of Tyrion being a Targ with the Mad King being his father as well. 

I can't recall him getting burned at any point. I'm wondering if he does have something special in his blood though. I mean, he did come back from the dead. I get that the red haired lady did her thing, but still.

Something that has me curious... If the White Walkers manage to kill one of Dany's dragons, does it rise again to fight for them? Will it breathe ice instead of fire?

I could definitely see an ice dragon being possible.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4561 on: June 27, 2016, 12:32:30 PM »

Interesting thought? Really interesting....I mean, they have 'dead' horses....why not Dragons?

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4562 on: June 27, 2016, 12:33:26 PM »
I meant to post this a long time ago, but I forgot.

Does anyone else think that Blackfish looked like Nefaryus?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4563 on: June 27, 2016, 12:34:41 PM »

Interesting thought? Really interesting....I mean, they have 'dead' horses....why not Dragons?

They have no air attack/defense right now, and an ice breathing dragon fighting a fire breathing dragon would be epic as all hell.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4564 on: June 27, 2016, 12:35:40 PM »
I don't think there will be a twist either, just was saying that since I guess it is technically a possibility.  There is also the possibility/fan theory of Tyrion being a Targ with the Mad King being his father as well. 

yeah...I didn't read it as you really believing they'd try that twist....only that it's GOT and they could easily throw that in there to mess with us. But it just seems they've already put the effort in and laid the groundwork for the whole R=J=J deal.

I'd not rule out the Tyrion being a Targ theory just yet either. Could easily have been the source of the intense hatred Tywin had for him...plus, Tyrion did have a unique encounter with the two dragons that would have ended with most other folks being eaten or killed.....they responded to him in an interesting fashion.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4565 on: June 27, 2016, 12:36:21 PM »
Wait. That means Dany and John are related somehow? Cousins?

It means she's his aunt, there's no reason to believe his father is someone other than Rhaegar Targaryen unless they're going for an unnecessary Shyamalan twist, a twist for the sake of the twist.

Who even is Rhaegar Targaryen?

He's my favorite pre-story character and up there with my favorite overall characters of A Song Of Ice & Fire, just by the stories told about him through people like Ser Barristan Selmy.

I'm really unhappy with Cersei back as the central human villain, she's just not an enjoyable villain and I really thought we were done with that, the whole "scorned vengeful woman" theme gets old instantly for me.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4566 on: June 27, 2016, 12:37:32 PM »

They have no air attack/defense right now, and an ice breathing dragon fighting a fire breathing dragon would be epic as all hell.

one of the many off the wall fan theories I read was that there already is an 'ice' dragon.....in the Wall itself which Jon would 'find' and have 'control' over since he is a Targaryn and all. It's highly doubtful, but....I like your angle better.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4567 on: June 27, 2016, 12:41:16 PM »
I agree that Rhaegar is the most likely candidate for Jon's father.

But remember, when Benioff and Weiss got the rights to do the show from Martin, the question they answered correctly from him that sealed the deal was "Who is Jon Snow's mother?", not "Who are Jon Snow's parents?"

I'm just sayin'.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4568 on: June 27, 2016, 12:45:37 PM »
But remember, when Benioff and Weiss got the rights to do the show from Martin, the question they answered correctly from him that sealed the deal was "Who is Jon Snow's mother?", not "Who are Jon Snow's parents?"

Wait...what? He quizzed them prior to consent? I've never heard that story?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4569 on: June 27, 2016, 12:46:25 PM »

one of the many off the wall fan theories I read was that there already is an 'ice' dragon.....in the Wall itself which Jon would 'find' and have 'control' over since he is a Targaryn and all. It's highly doubtful, but....I like your angle better.

But wasn't the wall built for the sole purpose of keeping the white walkers out? What good would an ice dragon do against them?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4570 on: June 27, 2016, 12:48:41 PM »

But wasn't the wall built for the sole purpose of keeping the white walkers out? What good would an ice dragon do against them?

I have no idea. Like I said....it was a click bait Fan theory that suggested within the Wall and the magic of the wall was an ice dragon that would be Jon's to control vs the White Walkers? Maybe it projects Fully Crystalized dragon glass instead of fire?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4571 on: June 27, 2016, 12:50:52 PM »
But it just seems they've already put the effort in and laid the groundwork for the whole R=J=J deal.

Not just in the show, but so heavily in the books as well which is why any twist of that would be pretty radical.  Just like Jon actually dying would have been against everything we have seen from the story building in the show/books.  But it does make me wonder why the show left this out?  I'd guess just so people are having this conversation while the show is off air.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4572 on: June 27, 2016, 12:51:01 PM »

I have no idea. Like I said....it was a click bait Fan theory that suggested within the Wall and the magic of the wall was an ice dragon that would be Jon's to control vs the White Walkers? Maybe it projects Fully Crystalized dragon glass instead of fire?

Not sure about that as the dragon glass is more or less obsydian. My girlfriends said something last night about a mythical horn that is supposed to, if blown, completely destroy the wall.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4573 on: June 27, 2016, 01:01:28 PM »
There are two powerful horns in the book that were not included in the show

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4574 on: June 27, 2016, 01:05:24 PM »
But it just seems they've already put the effort in and laid the groundwork for the whole R=J=J deal.

Not just in the show, but so heavily in the books as well which is why any twist of that would be pretty radical.  Just like Jon actually dying would have been against everything we have seen from the story building in the show/books.  But it does make me wonder why the show left this out?  I'd guess just so people are having this conversation while the show is off air.

Yep. I mean, they specifically dialed back the audio when she said who's kid it was....then said his name is Jonathan. If it were Robert's son....why would she fear for Jon's life? And it'd make no sense at all for it to be the Mad Kings son as far as the groundwork they've laid. I guess they could say the Mad King raped her or something....make Jon and Dany siblings....but that gets messy.

Like you said....they kept it cloudy so we'd talk about it for a few months.

And, I don't think it'll be Bran who reveals to Jon his true lineage.....I think it'll be Sam after he discovers it in that awesome library. Sam will then head out to tell Jon with his Valarian Steel Sword in tow.....

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4575 on: June 27, 2016, 01:05:43 PM »

Hell no it didn't. And that's why I found it to be a waste of time, really; by this point in the show, it's really quite irrelevant that Ned was such a good guy he called Jon his own bastard to protect Lyanna. We already knew he was the bestest guy and Jon is half Stark. The important point that needed distinguishing was the other half of his lineage, which was... ignored. Totally. The whole scene could easily have been shown in full earlier in the season without causing any changes to the course of the show and the pacing (save that earlier episode running longer).

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4576 on: June 27, 2016, 01:06:51 PM »

Not sure about that as the dragon glass is more or less obsydian. My girlfriends said something last night about a mythical horn that is supposed to, if blown, completely destroy the wall.

You sure she wasn't reading Joshua 6:1-27    :biggrin:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #4577 on: June 27, 2016, 01:26:15 PM »

Of course he did. First book. When he kills the wight to save Lord Commander Mormont, he grasps the lantern and burns his hand.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4578 on: June 27, 2016, 01:39:12 PM »
Yeah, Jon is not immune to fire. It's a pretty big deal that he gets his hand burned. He's develops a habbit to flex it because of it and it is present through all of the books.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4579 on: June 27, 2016, 01:42:47 PM »
On my second watch I noticed some of the ships in the armada had the Sunspear sigil, so they really have completely skipped over the negotiation phase between Ellaria Sand and Daenerys, which I would have liked to see, just because the show used to give us all these little details to enjoy the acting and the dialogue, I know we saw Varys there and we know he did the talking but I thought it was just so they'd support the Daenerys claim or join the war when she arrives, not send a fleet and join the invasion itself! As awesome as that season was it seemed to have taken a different tone that the previous seasons in terms of how they tell the story and the tone is "let's race full throttle towards the end" and they couldn't have possible been going any faster. I'm not sure whether or not the pressure if money related cause the show is still generating revenue and high ratings but it could explain the ridiculous massive cast reduction we've seen this season.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4580 on: June 27, 2016, 01:47:18 PM »

Of course he did. First book. When he kills the wight to save Lord Commander Mormont, he grasps the lantern and burns his hand.

Yeah, Jon is not immune to fire. It's a pretty big deal that he gets his hand burned. He's develops a habbit to flex it because of it and it is present through all of the books.

Yes, I definitely forgot that and you are right about him always flexing in the books because of it.

On my second watch I noticed some of the ships in the armada had the Sunspear sigil, so they really have completely skipped over the negotiation phase between Ellaria Sand and Daenerys, which I would have liked to see, just because the show used to give us all these little details to enjoy the acting and the dialogue, I know we saw Varys there and we know he did the talking but I thought it was just so they'd support the Daenerys claim or join the war when she arrives, not send a fleet and join the invasion itself! As awesome as that season was it seemed to have taken a different tone that the previous seasons in terms of how they tell the story and the tone is "let's race full throttle towards the end" and they couldn't have possible been going any faster. I'm not sure whether or not the pressure if money related cause the show is still generating revenue and high ratings but it could explain the ridiculous massive cast reduction we've seen this season.

Agreed, the pace is so much quicker now that it definitely has a different feel than the previous seasons.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4581 on: June 27, 2016, 01:56:45 PM »
an ice breathing dragon fighting a fire breathing dragon would be epic as all hell.
Hellyeah man!

https://youtu.be/T-Mr6cGR2Gc?t=1m52s
 :biggrin:
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4582 on: June 27, 2016, 01:59:46 PM »
Not particularly relevant as Dany is not immune to fire in the books either.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4583 on: June 27, 2016, 02:06:31 PM »
Yeah, no kidding on the cast reduction. In previous seasons, the amount of notable deaths have been 15 at most. This season it was more than 40.

Okay then, Jon yelled "AH" as he grabbed the lantern and burned his hand in the show.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4584 on: June 27, 2016, 02:11:57 PM »

Okay then, Jon yelled "AH" as he grabbed the lantern and burned his hand in the show.
More relevant. :tup I don't recall that, but I believe you.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.