Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 646873 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #4025 on: June 01, 2016, 07:15:39 AM »
I am sorry to derail this thread with my noobness. I haven't read any of it, so my bad if I'm breaking up an important conversation. I've been trying not to disrupt the current discussion as I hear this season is nuts, but I needed to come here in regards to two episodes I watched last night.

1) The episode where Khaleesi trades the dragon for 8000 obedient warriors and immediately just takes the dragon back was unbelievably badass and a level of awesome that cannot be quantified.

2) That flaming sword fight between Sandor and Beric was one of the most awesome fighting sequences I've seen in anything ever. My jaw hit the floor and I screamed in awesome confusion when Sandor's sword chopped through Beric's and went all the way through his shoulder. Holy shit.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 07:38:55 AM by Chino »

Online Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #4026 on: June 01, 2016, 07:28:39 AM »
2) That flaming sword fight between Sandor and Beric was one of the most awesome fighting sequences I've seen in anything ever. My jaw hit the floor and I screamed in awesome confusion when Sandor's sword chopped through Beric's and went all the way through his shoulder. Holy shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwyvjgs40Oo

Oh yes - very cool indeed! Beric's one of my favourite characters from the books.

That was Season 3 - you're in danger of getting spoiled in this thread. You gotta get caught up..  :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4027 on: June 01, 2016, 07:35:37 AM »

Oh yes - very cool indeed! Beric's one of my favourite characters from the books.

That was Season 3 - you're in danger of getting spoiled in this thread. You gotta get caught up..  :lol

Pretty much, I'd avoid this thread.  Season 3 is turning out to have a lot of ramifications in season 6 which has lead to a lot of the discussion. 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4028 on: June 01, 2016, 07:38:21 AM »

Pretty much, I'd avoid this thread.  Season 3 is turning out to have a lot of ramifications in season 6 which has lead to a lot of the discussion.

I won't be sticking around long  :lol I just had to say those things.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #4029 on: June 01, 2016, 07:56:47 AM »
About "Khaleesi" - that's her title, it means somehow "Queen". Her name is Daenerys, Khaleesi is a title. Just like Francis is the Pope, you don't call him Pope, you either call him Francis or the Pope. She's called Daenerys and she is (a) Khaleesi.

And btw, I agree that it was a badass moments, I love when she goes batshit crazy like that and she's all fire and flames  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #4030 on: June 01, 2016, 11:24:17 AM »
I have a feeling the rest of the Stark children will live till the end of the show

What's interesting this season is the breakout of the Starks in general.  Return of Rickon, Bran, and Benjen this season.  Sansa is becoming powerful and Arya is becoming stronger as well.  Jon came back to life.

Maybe Catelyn comes back as well

Well, they are heading to the Riverlands.  Hmmm....  Jon Snow and Benjen came back. Maybe Catelyn and The Hound will make a reappearance.

If Lady Stoneheart is happening in the show at all, now is good timing.

Since it's during Jaime's time in the Riverlands, when he is sent to deal with the Blackfish, that she appears, I assume that if it doesn't happen now, it's not happening at all.

Couldnt agree more, I thought Stoneheart was cut but given the Riverrun plotline, it makes sense to be introduced now (if ever). 

It's funny because when I first realized Jaime was going to the Riverlands, I said out loud (mind you I was home alone), "Stoneheart!".   :lol  I'm such a fucking geek.

There will probably be a battle in episode 9 with the season finale revealing the truth about Jon's parents. The reason why I say this is because the actor who plays young Ned is appearing in episode 10.

Also agreed and the final episode is titled "Winds of Winter" and I think the white walkers will get to or pass the wall.

Is that confirmed? I know there were leaked episode titles for the last two, episode 9 being The Battle of the Bastards and episode 10 being what you said.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4031 on: June 01, 2016, 11:34:35 AM »
I have a feeling the rest of the Stark children will live till the end of the show

What's interesting this season is the breakout of the Starks in general.  Return of Rickon, Bran, and Benjen this season.  Sansa is becoming powerful and Arya is becoming stronger as well.  Jon came back to life.

Well, they are heading to the Riverlands.  Hmmm....  Jon Snow and Benjen came back. Maybe Catelyn and The Hound will make a reappearance.

Since it's during Jaime's time in the Riverlands, when he is sent to deal with the Blackfish, that she appears, I assume that if it doesn't happen now, it's not happening at all.

Couldnt agree more, I thought Stoneheart was cut but given the Riverrun plotline, it makes sense to be introduced now (if ever). 

It's funny because when I first realized Jaime was going to the Riverlands, I said out loud (mind you I was home alone), "Stoneheart!".   :lol  I'm such a fucking geek.

There will probably be a battle in episode 9 with the season finale revealing the truth about Jon's parents. The reason why I say this is because the actor who plays young Ned is appearing in episode 10.

Also agreed and the final episode is titled "Winds of Winter" and I think the white walkers will get to or pass the wall.

Is that confirmed? I know there were leaked episode titles for the last two, episode 9 being The Battle of the Bastards and episode 10 being what you said.

Just a guess on my part based on where the story is headed and the episode title

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4032 on: June 01, 2016, 11:45:27 AM »

Just a guess on my part based on where the story is headed and the episode title

I mean, is the episode title a confirmed title? There were leaked episode titles that people weren't sure were legitimate.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4033 on: June 01, 2016, 11:49:32 AM »
Oh, no idea, just what I read, didn't even know other titles were fake.  All so far I've seen were true.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4034 on: June 01, 2016, 12:19:17 PM »
Here is the article I read. Nobody has officially confirmed them yet, so there are some doubts, but that could just be HBO avoiding admitting they are the actual titles.

https://winteriscoming.net/2016/05/28/titles-for-game-of-thrones-episodes-8-9-and-10-possibly-leaked/

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4035 on: June 03, 2016, 10:11:51 AM »
Apparently Robert Kirkman doesn't think that GRRM should have told the showrunner hows it ends and that the show should have made up its own ending. I just think that's an absolutely terrible idea.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #4036 on: June 03, 2016, 10:15:48 AM »
I think Kirkman should worry about his own show which is slowly but surely turning into a steaming pile of shit.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4037 on: June 03, 2016, 11:29:26 AM »
I think Kirkman should worry about his own show which is slowly but surely turning into a steaming pile of shit.

This.  I read his comments yesterday and this was exactly my thought.  Sounds a lot like sour grapes since this season of GoT is amazing where as the last season of TWD has lead me to turn it off.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4038 on: June 03, 2016, 02:30:55 PM »
I read his comments and really don't care. I never watched TWD and I probably never will. As much as I love all sorts of horror movies, zombies never interested me and I found them to be rather boring. GoT is probably one of the most watched shows in history. Nevermind what the ratings show. It has been not only the most illegally streamed show ever, but also one of the most torrented shows as well. These days ratings are incidental.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4039 on: June 03, 2016, 02:40:29 PM »
Anyone else watch Alt Shift X videos on youtube?  His theories are very in depth, but his episode recaps are really good too and his recap of this week picked up on a few things I didn't notice, small but meaningful things.  Such as when the High Sparrow presented Tommen and he came out with the Kingsguard, they had a new sigil.  It was a crown inside of the faith's 7 pointed star.  Similar to how Stannis's sigil was the stag inside the fire, a symbol of the house being within the religion.  A symbol of what is in control of the other essentially.  I LOVE these types of nuggets. 

Same with a previous episode of when LF presented the "caged falcon" to Sweet Robin, a sign that the Robin (a falcon is the sigil of house Arryn) is being controlled by LF (the cage).

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4040 on: June 03, 2016, 02:55:26 PM »
Yes. I've watched most of his GoT videos. Some I've probably even watched a couple of times.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4041 on: June 03, 2016, 03:19:34 PM »
So who gets Riverrun if Edmure were to die and if his wife is not pregnant (or were to die before giving birth)?  At least in theory.

According to some research, since if Edmure were to die, the bloodline from Hoster Tully then goes to Catelyn's children, which would then be the oldest male, Bran then Rickon then Sansa.... which leads me to believe it's very possible Sansa ends up ruling the Riverlands when all is said and done.  She even looks more like a Tully.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4042 on: June 03, 2016, 03:40:12 PM »
Right. She is the older of the two sisters, so it would go to her children.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #4043 on: June 03, 2016, 04:04:15 PM »
It would be nice to see the Starks taking half of the kingdom... Sansa gets Riverrun, Rickon inherits Winterfell, and Jon gets the seven kingdom themselves 'cause, you know, his heritage thing  :biggrin:

Anyway, what I want to know the most is how it all plays out with the White Walkers, and what is their ultimate goal and motives. I'm intrigued more by their lore than knowing who in the end gets the Iron Throne - if someone gets it at all and at the end of the novels there are still Seven Kingdoms, a capital in King's Landing and an iron throne.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4044 on: June 04, 2016, 02:33:07 AM »

Amen.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4045 on: June 05, 2016, 07:57:30 PM »
While not an action packed episode I do like that this season keeps things moving and setting up several different big things. Last three episodes should be interesting.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4046 on: June 05, 2016, 08:15:09 PM »
The North is slowing building their forces. I'm wondering if the Knights of the Vale will join in.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4047 on: June 05, 2016, 08:19:27 PM »
That lordess at Bear Island wasn't fucking around either. Any idea how many of those little isolated houses/towns there are around Westeros?

Online faizoff

« Reply #4048 on: June 05, 2016, 08:40:05 PM »
The North is slowing building their forces. I'm wondering if the Knights of the Vale will join in.
I'm positive they'll join the fight if anything Little finger probably is eyeing the opportunity to get back in Sansa's good books and control through proxy. I feel a great setup happening as we speak and can't wait for the last three episodes.

Also love that Sandor is back, really wish I hadn't read the small font someone wrote a few posts back. He was one of my favorite characters. With the way this season is going and everyone coming back from the dead, no telling who else is coming back from seasons past.

Also did they mention or show which city the Ironborn were in? It looked like Volantis from previous season.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:46:42 PM by faizoff »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4049 on: June 05, 2016, 08:48:10 PM »
That lordess at Bear Island wasn't fucking around either. Any idea how many of those little isolated houses/towns there are around Westeros?

I know there are about a couple dozen in the north. I'm not sure about elsewhere.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4050 on: June 05, 2016, 08:49:18 PM »
I'm positive they'll join the fight if anything Little finger probably is eyeing the opportunity to get back in Sansa's good books and control through proxy. I feel a great setup happening as we speak and can't wait for the last three episodes.

Also love that Sandor is back, really wish I hadn't read the small font someone wrote a few posts back. He was one of my favorite characters. With the way this season is going and everyone coming back from the dead, no telling who else is coming back from seasons past.

Also did they mention or show which city the Ironborn were in? It looked like Volantis from previous season.

It looks exactly like where Tyrion and Varys were, so yes.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #4051 on: June 05, 2016, 08:51:12 PM »
Another amazing episode. I have a feeling that the only Lannister left alive at the end of the season will be Tyrion.

Also, what was the significance of the rose picture?

Online faizoff

« Reply #4052 on: June 05, 2016, 09:07:57 PM »
Another amazing episode. I have a feeling that the only Lannister left alive at the end of the season will be Tyrion.

Also, what was the significance of the rose picture?

Isn't that the sigil for house Tyrell? Though I have no idea what it signifies with her handing it. Maybe it means that she'll always be of the house Tyrell.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4053 on: June 05, 2016, 09:09:47 PM »
It means Margaery is playing a role right now and hasn't actually converted herself.

Online faizoff

« Reply #4054 on: June 05, 2016, 09:22:00 PM »
I was quite sure that Margaery was putting on an act from the getgo, though Tommen might not be clued in to what she's doing is what I'm guessing. Also Arya!!?? I wonder if Jaqen H'ghar eventually does save her. We shall see, so excited for the remaining 3 episodes.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4055 on: June 05, 2016, 09:29:39 PM »
Someone needs to put Tommen out of his misery...or my misery.

Online faizoff

« Reply #4056 on: June 05, 2016, 09:33:04 PM »
You need to get laid as well? ;-)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4057 on: June 05, 2016, 11:27:36 PM »

I think that's where Sansa's Raven nite is going. Right to Little Finger, requesting the nights of the Vale.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4058 on: June 06, 2016, 12:05:00 AM »
You need to get laid as well? ;-)

What does that have to do with anything?  ;)

I think that's where Sansa's Raven nite is going. Right to Little Finger, requesting the nights of the Vale.

That's what I was assuming. I didn't catch the name she said to Jon.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4059 on: June 06, 2016, 04:33:54 AM »
Great episode.

What's with everyone knowing the Night King's name suddenly?