Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 646857 times)

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #3115 on: January 08, 2016, 06:23:24 PM »
I feel like they'll drag that "reveal" or whatever it'll turn out to be out for a bit. At least to the end of the first episode.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #3116 on: January 08, 2016, 06:26:34 PM »
I could see that happening. Maybe it'll start with Bran.

Offline Tyrias

« Reply #3117 on: January 09, 2016, 02:05:13 AM »
I'm wondering if it'll go right into a scene with you klnow who.I'm really excited for this.

As much as I love Harry Potter, seeing Voldemort in Game Of Thrones would be pretty weird.

::) :angel:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3118 on: January 09, 2016, 07:40:44 AM »
 :lol

I get it. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3119 on: January 09, 2016, 08:29:27 AM »

A Bran vision showing a flashback. Last season started with a flashback for Cesrei.

Then we find out what happens to Jon.  I can't imagine they drag that out considering he is in the focal point of the hype for the return of the show.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3120 on: January 09, 2016, 09:01:31 AM »

A Bran vision showing a flashback. Last season started with a flashback for Cesrei.

Then we find out what happens to Jon.  I can't imagine they drag that out considering he is in the focal point of the hype for the return of the show.

I like the idea with the flashblack. What if it's the Tower Of Joy scene?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3121 on: January 09, 2016, 09:39:51 AM »

I like the idea with the flashblack. What if it's the Tower Of Joy scene?

I'd love for that, then cut to Jon snows fate.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3122 on: January 09, 2016, 10:02:30 AM »
Whose story lines are we following?

Jon Snow
Daenerys
Bran & Hodor
Brianne & Pod
Sansa & Theon
Margaery  :heart & Loras
Cersei
Tommen
Jaime
Arya
Euron?
Tyrion & Varys
Jorah & Daario
Red Woman & Davos
Boltons
Samwell
Martells
White Walkers

Did I leave anyone out?

*edited for Hodor's sake.   :lol
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:26:03 AM by Prog Snob »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3123 on: January 09, 2016, 10:20:34 AM »
The Martells
White Walkers

Hodor

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3124 on: January 09, 2016, 10:31:36 AM »
Jon Snow - not permanently dead
Daenerys - with Dothraki
Bran & Hodor - with Three-eyed Raven
Brianne & Pod - Last seen "killing" Stannis
Sansa & Theon - Last seen in the Winterfell Winter Olympic High Jump
Margaery  :heart & Loras - Imprisoned
Cersei - Being carried off by Frankenstein
Tommen - Last seen whimpering and suffering from anorexia
Jaime - Homebound
Arya - Blinded by the Jaqen
Euron? - "new" character
Tyrion & Varys - The 21st version of Twins running Mereen
Jorah & Daario - Looking for Daenerys while Daario schools Jorah about being Friendzoned
Red Woman & Davos - at The Wall
Boltons - Directing snuff films at Winterfell
Samwell - Fighting the urge to eat baby Sam while on the long road to Oldtown
Martells - Waiting for Lannister vengeance
White Walkers - Rubbing noses like the eskimoses north of the wall

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3125 on: January 09, 2016, 10:41:16 AM »
I have really avoided the spoilers and reading things about the sets and actors besides the basic casting news.  But I have read a few things about story lines this season, I'm really excited for it if they are true

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3126 on: January 09, 2016, 10:51:47 AM »
I'm hoping for little to no Bran scenes. That entire storyline, at least from a TV show only perspective, is boooooooooooooring.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3127 on: January 09, 2016, 10:55:44 AM »
Oh, I don't mind reading the spoilers and such. I was one of those who watched the bootlegged episodes before they came out. Even if I have spoilers I still enjoy something. No matter how many times I watch something, it still gets to me. I don't care how many times Aragorn says to the hobbits, "You bow to no one." Waterworks every time.

I'm hoping for little to no Bran scenes. That entire storyline, at least from a TV show only perspective, is boooooooooooooring.

It has been slow-moving, but I guarantee you it's going to be one of the most important story lines in the entire show. I plan on re-reading all of his chapters just to reacquaint myself.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3128 on: January 09, 2016, 11:02:40 AM »
I hope they do a better job in establishing the characters in that storyline, then. I can't think of a single interesting thing Bran has done in the first four seasons.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3129 on: January 09, 2016, 11:18:57 AM »
Minus the warging and visions you mean? Because that's kind of a big deal about the future of his storyline, and some other's storylines.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3130 on: January 09, 2016, 12:31:09 PM »
Bran's story hasn't really been action packed, but I find it interesting becuase I have always felt that it's one of the most important storylines. He's one of the few who is actually focused on the legit issue.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3131 on: January 09, 2016, 12:51:36 PM »
Bran's story hasn't really been action packed, but I find it interesting becuase I have always felt that it's one of the most important storylines. He's one of the few who is actually focused on the legit issue.

I concur. I pulled out the books and am going to outline his story so far.

Offline matthewmatt

• the resident reactionary recalcitrant
  • Our pizza travelled far
« Reply #3132 on: January 15, 2016, 07:05:45 AM »
I agree that Bran's story will be probably very important, however that doesn't change the fact his storyline was probably the most boring for me in both the books and the series. The series have even forgotten him for a while.

However, after finally finishing ADWD, I can now say I have definitely started to prefer the TV series. Books 4 and 5 were collectively excruciating, just crawling along with their brontosauric pace with no ending/payoff in sight.

The fact the series don't have Lady S doesn't bother me anymore.
"They want to qualify their boys for jobs in the modern world. You can hardly blame them, can you?"
"Oh yes," said Scott-King. "I can and do." [...]
"If you approve, headmaster, I will stay as I am here as long as any boy wants to read the classics. I think it would be very wicked indeed to do anything to fit a boy for the modern world."

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3133 on: January 15, 2016, 07:08:48 AM »
See, I really liked book 4, even though parts of the story were obviously missing. But I though it had a great build up, particularly on the Cersei/Margaery story which came to an excellent climax at the end of the book.

Book 5 on the other hand, was way too drawn out for me. Had some great stuff of course, but it dragged.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3134 on: January 15, 2016, 07:12:16 AM »
I loved 4, and 5 was good, but you're right, it dragged.  Bloated.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3135 on: January 15, 2016, 07:15:40 AM »

I'm mostly over that, but I'm still a liittle bit sad about it, as well as skipping Jamie's entire Riverrun thing.

Also, I read books 4 and 5 as one, following a guide jumping back and forth, and I liked it all. It became a really long book of course, but because I was sort of prepared for it it didn't bother me.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 09:02:39 AM by BlackInk »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3136 on: January 15, 2016, 08:20:33 AM »

I'm mostly over that, but I'm still a liittle bit sad about it, as well as skipping Jamie's entire Riverrun thing.

Also, I read books 4 and 5 as one, following a guide jumping back and forth, and I liked it all. It became a really long book of course, but because I was sort of prepared for it it didn't bother me.

This stuff should be labelled as spoilers.  It hasn't been in the show, but it's possible it can be included

Jamie in riverrun this season is rumored (maybe confirmed, I've avoided spoilers), and I haven't seen anything regarding Lady S but she can still make an appearance, her spot in the book has no real storyline to it yet so it does make sense to hold it back for now

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3137 on: January 15, 2016, 09:08:19 AM »
Jamie in riverrun this season is rumored (maybe confirmed, I've avoided spoilers), and I haven't seen anything regarding Lady S but she can still make an appearance, her spot in the book has no real storyline to it yet so it does make sense to hold it back for now

In my opinion, revealing Lady S now would be a bit late. The end of season 4 would have been the perfect moment for it. I mean, absolutely perfect. Now, it would just feel a tiny bit irrelevant. It would still be great to have her included at all though.

I would have had her in the season 4 finale, had Jamie go to Riverrun directly, and it would all line up nicely to where we are now. Now it's all a bit disjointed, and Brienne is up at Winterfell. Maybe she'll run into Lady S on her way back south. I guess that'd line things up well enough.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3138 on: January 15, 2016, 10:09:43 AM »

In my opinion, revealing Lady S now would be a bit late. The end of season 4 would have been the perfect moment for it. I mean, absolutely perfect. Now, it would just feel a tiny bit irrelevant. It would still be great to have her included at all though.

I would have had her in the season 4 finale, had Jamie go to Riverrun directly, and it would all line up nicely to where we are now. Now it's all a bit disjointed, and Brienne is up at Winterfell. Maybe she'll run into Lady S on her way back south. I guess that'd line things up well enough.

If they followed the books then yes the end of season 4 would have been the perfect WTF moment, BUT considering they seem to be pushing the riverrun story this season, it could make more sense to do it now.  Also I believe the actress was doing something different at that time, not sure if she still is but maybe that could also be a reason they held off.  At the end of the day, that whole storyline may be completely meaningless too so maybe it just won't be included at all.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3139 on: January 15, 2016, 12:11:26 PM »

If they followed the books then yes the end of season 4 would have been the perfect WTF moment, BUT considering they seem to be pushing the riverrun story this season, it could make more sense to do it now.  Also I believe the actress was doing something different at that time, not sure if she still is but maybe that could also be a reason they held off.  At the end of the day, that whole storyline may be completely meaningless too so maybe it just won't be included at all.

I really don't have any spoilers to discuss, I just wanted to say hi in really small letters.  :lol

Offline matthewmatt

• the resident reactionary recalcitrant
  • Our pizza travelled far
« Reply #3140 on: January 15, 2016, 02:36:32 PM »
No way in hell is Lady S going to appear now - after being forgotten for such a long time, her resurrection would be too close to the Jon Snow resurrection (which is happening, much as I or you or anybody might dislike it), so I don't think it's even in the same room as "probable". I don't expect it now and I don't think anybody really seriously is.
"They want to qualify their boys for jobs in the modern world. You can hardly blame them, can you?"
"Oh yes," said Scott-King. "I can and do." [...]
"If you approve, headmaster, I will stay as I am here as long as any boy wants to read the classics. I think it would be very wicked indeed to do anything to fit a boy for the modern world."

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3141 on: January 15, 2016, 02:50:12 PM »
No way in hell is Lady S going to appear now - after being forgotten for such a long time, her resurrection would be too close to the Jon Snow resurrection (which is happening, much as I or you or anybody might dislike it), so I don't think it's even in the same room as "probable". I don't expect it now and I don't think anybody really seriously is.

I don't expect it myself either, but given the riverrun plot possibly happening I thought that could be a reason to bring it back, plus if Jamie goes to Riverrun I would imagine we could see the BWB come back.  Also the resurection of Jon is a reason to show the resurrection of Cat, like parallels.  Well that is one way to interpret it though, but like I said, I do not expect this to happen at this point anyway, just thinking it shouldn't be totally ruled out yet.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3142 on: January 15, 2016, 03:40:07 PM »

I don't expect it myself either, but given the riverrun plot possibly happening I thought that could be a reason to bring it back, plus if Jamie goes to Riverrun I would imagine we could see the BWB come back.  Also the resurection of Jon is a reason to show the resurrection of Cat, like parallels.  Well that is one way to interpret it though, but like I said, I do not expect this to happen at this point anyway, just thinking it shouldn't be totally ruled out yet.

Considering her part in the books hasn't been too big yet, it's possible the show writers are waiting for the right moment to bring her back. Just some wishful thinking.[size]

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3143 on: January 15, 2016, 05:01:36 PM »
Tiny text

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3144 on: January 16, 2016, 07:27:16 AM »
Goddammit cut it out
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3145 on: January 16, 2016, 10:07:00 AM »
Woah, why are you shouting?   ;)

Offline Slipknot

• Fuck it all, fuck this world!!!
  • I AM THE GREAT BIG MOUTH!!!
« Reply #3146 on: January 18, 2016, 12:45:04 AM »
MOTHERFUCKER
PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE FUCKING AIR AND JUMP DA FUCK UP MOTHERFUCKER!!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3148 on: January 19, 2016, 12:10:27 AM »
your sig is boneriffic

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran