Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 645165 times)

Offline FracturedMirror

Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #2625 on: May 22, 2015, 02:19:48 PM »
:lol Indeed :lol

Forgive me for hurting your SVU's, I assumed (hoped maybe) that the show had died in the wake of the crime scene oversaturation.

Law and Order's are like a hydra.  You kill one show, two more grow in its place.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2626 on: May 22, 2015, 03:35:59 PM »
Just started watching the show. Absolutely love it.

Finished season 1 yesterday.  :metal

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2627 on: May 22, 2015, 03:41:36 PM »
Great! but you better stay out of this thread cause you're gonna get bukkaked with spoilers.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #2628 on: May 22, 2015, 03:46:40 PM »

:tup You are in for a treat, being able to watch things at once rather than week by week is so much better (especially Game of Thrones, with so many different characters and storylines). I first got season 1 on blu-ray, with season 2 released on blu-ray a couple of months later. Unfortunately from season 3 onwards I have had to watch week by week like a chump just to avoid spoilers :lol
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 07:41:25 PM by RuRoRul »

Online faizoff

« Reply #2629 on: May 22, 2015, 05:57:14 PM »

You're in for a treat my friend, it only gets better and better.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2630 on: May 22, 2015, 08:12:14 PM »
Peter dinklage  :hefdaddy

Turning an amazing show into an extraordinary one  :heart

Online faizoff

« Reply #2631 on: May 22, 2015, 08:57:39 PM »
Wow that musical was hilarious!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2632 on: May 23, 2015, 08:09:12 PM »
Just caught up today. Wowee.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2633 on: May 23, 2015, 10:08:59 PM »
Wow that musical was hilarious!

Yea, it was really cool how they not only got a lot of the actors from the show on board, but how they also all spoke in their show accents!  The spot between Ramsay and Theon (GOT names) when they first saw each other was great!

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2634 on: May 24, 2015, 08:21:44 AM »
Game of Thrones the Musical

Finally took the time to watch this....that was great! Funny stuff.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2635 on: May 24, 2015, 08:01:19 PM »
The end of this episode made me so happy.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2636 on: May 24, 2015, 09:06:11 PM »
The entire episode made me happy.  I thought it was the best of the season.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2637 on: May 24, 2015, 10:09:47 PM »

I'm with you on that. I'll take a few more of those. I really hope that Danny takes that advice and just slaughters them all at the main event.....she's got to start getting ruthless at some point.

Bummed to see that Ghost isn't with Jon though....I know he saved Gilly's butt and all but I'd prefer him to be with Jon.

The 'bomb' we all expected to be dropped on Stannis finally hit.....sacrifice your daughter for certain victory....man what a pickle to be in  :lol

Friggin' Sansa can't catch a break! Theon double crosses her....Ramsay finds out the whole plan....I mean, C'mon....it's brutal!

Online faizoff

« Reply #2638 on: May 24, 2015, 10:53:13 PM »
Agreed fucking fantastic episode possibly the best so far. That episode gave me chills. Just 3 more to go!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2639 on: May 25, 2015, 02:53:49 AM »
Yeah, great episode. "My name is Tyrion Lannister" was epic, one of the moments of the show we have been waiting for for almost 5 seasons now.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2640 on: May 25, 2015, 05:25:57 AM »

My wife and I high fived.  Fina-fucking-ly. 

Great ep. hopefully things just get better from here on out. 

Online faizoff

« Reply #2641 on: May 25, 2015, 07:04:33 AM »
Sam finally gets laid. BOW CHICKA BOW WOW.. I am always pleased with the acting on the show particularly the younger kids, I mean the guy playing Tommen was so good. I think all the actors on this show, every single one of them completely embody the character they're playing. The sand sisters are probably the weakest of the bunch but I wouldn't call them terrible acting just not as good as the rest. The chemistry some of the actors have together is fantastic as well. I mean the pairing of Arya with the Hound, Brienne and Podrik, Sam with Gili have all been absolutely fantastic I think. It seems almost flawless at times.

Also anyone else think that Bronn was fainting/dying due to some vaginal discharges/fumes the sand sister was emanating lol? I mean the way the camera was following her down and then cut to Bronn's vision blurring. haha.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2642 on: May 25, 2015, 08:38:03 AM »
I thought the sand snakes were really good this week. This was pretty much the first time we got any sense of any of them actually having some personality. Tyene is way ahead of her sisters in terms of character development after this week's episode. And I don't just mean the 'her getting naked' bit, but just that she actually showed some personality, in addition to a great body.

Also anyone else think that Bronn was fainting/dying due to some vaginal discharges/fumes the sand sister was emanating lol? I mean the way the camera was following her down and then cut to Bronn's vision blurring. haha.

Well, not really, but still, yeah kinda  :lol But I thought that was well done. Something was suddenly happening to Bronn and you had no idea what, yet the sand snakes seemed perfectly aware. That was a cool moment, and well and subtly set up by Tyene asking him how his arm was feeling before that.

Offline Tanatra

• Forum Spider
« Reply #2643 on: May 25, 2015, 10:12:34 AM »

I was really expecting the antidote to be an instant-death potion and that Bronn would die in that scene. Bronn seems to be the one likable character that both the show & the books are unwilling to kill.

I'm also convinced now that merely auditioning as a female character on this show involves nudity.  :lol

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2644 on: May 25, 2015, 10:57:19 AM »
Yeah, this episode was much better than last week, I think.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2645 on: May 25, 2015, 01:09:13 PM »
Anyone else beside me watch/listen to the opening theme/credits during every single episode?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2646 on: May 25, 2015, 01:28:07 PM »
Anyone else beside me watch/listen to the opening theme/credits during every single episode?

Yes, how could you not?  I always like seeing when new cities are shown.

I agree with most here, best episode of the season.  I really liked how we got to see the Queen of Thorns and Littlefinger talk over the destruction and dead bodies of LF's brothel.  Hw they mentioned they worked together to kill a King and whatnot.  In fact, everything in King's Landing was very well done including the High Sparrow.  The show paints a picture in King's Landing with so many bad people and yet the only one I can find who seems like they are good (Tommen) is completely incapable of doing anything.  His lash out was great and Cersei is such a terrible person!  Makes for great TV and drama  :tup

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2647 on: May 25, 2015, 01:31:30 PM »

I figured that she exposed herself in order to elevate Bronn's heart rate to give him a potent dose of the poison that was slowly working its way through his veins.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2648 on: May 25, 2015, 01:54:17 PM »
I just watched that rape scene with my girlfriend. I can't believe the internet turned into such a shitstorm over that! They didn't even show anything.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2649 on: May 25, 2015, 03:06:45 PM »
Probably my least favorite episode of the season. Everything was just really smarmy and annoying except for the end of the episode.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2650 on: May 25, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »
I might not, but I turn on HBO at 9 pm and there it is.  Every single time.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2651 on: May 25, 2015, 06:18:11 PM »
I just watched that rape scene with my girlfriend. I can't believe the internet turned into such a shitstorm over that! They didn't even show anything.

It wasn't the graphical nature of the rape that was questionable. It was the choice of the writers include it in the show at all when they wrote out the character that it was originally supposed to happen to. The way I understand it, people think the writers are taking an easy way out by thinking they can just create more tension with more rape to a character that didn't need to be raped necessarily.

While my reaction isn't as extreme as many others, I understand their criticisms. Clearly in the world of the show, it's being tied together decently and it makes sense. It's mostly book readers that have been up in arms from what I can tell.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2652 on: May 25, 2015, 07:00:20 PM »

I do. Every week. I look forward to it....it's such a neat song and the opening sequence is killer. BTW....I'm assuming that song was written specifically for the show...correct?

Online faizoff

« Reply #2653 on: May 25, 2015, 07:16:06 PM »

I do. Every week. I look forward to it....it's such a neat song and the opening sequence is killer. BTW....I'm assuming that song was written specifically for the show...correct?
Yup most definitely. I have the soundtracks as well, some great stuff on there.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2654 on: May 25, 2015, 08:34:25 PM »

Yup most definitely. I have the soundtracks as well, some great stuff on there.

When my best friend got married, he only had one request when his wife was planning everything... when he walks down the aisle he wanted a violinist playing the GOT theme song, and it happened and it was AWESOME.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2655 on: May 25, 2015, 09:02:26 PM »
The violinist should've stopped playing halfway through and started up The Rains Of Castamere.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2656 on: May 26, 2015, 12:02:50 AM »
The violinist should've stopped playing halfway through and started up The Rains Of Castamere.
:lol I was thinking the same thing.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2657 on: May 26, 2015, 05:12:08 AM »

:lol "No. NO. NOT THE FANNY GAS!"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2658 on: May 26, 2015, 05:29:04 AM »

Agreed. I was ecstatic when Tyrion came out and introduced himself to Daenerys and also when Cersei was captured.  They were definitely two of the best scenes of the show so far.

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2659 on: May 26, 2015, 12:14:46 PM »
Was about to post the same thing!  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls