Author Topic: 2023 NFL Thread v Super Bowl matchup: Chiefs vs. 49ers  (Read 66489 times)

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
Re: 2023 NFL Thread
« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2023, 06:39:44 AM »
That's more than I thought the Jets should give up, but I'm glad that is finally over. Time for everyone to move on.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #211 on: April 25, 2023, 07:07:28 AM »
At first I thought a 4-day darkness retreat may not be the smartest ideas.

But then Rodgers came out, made his decision, and is now finally playing Quarterback for the New York Jets.

So now I KNOW a 4-day darkness retreat was not a smart idea.

HAHAHAHA.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: April 25, 2023, 07:08:03 AM »
That's more than I thought the Jets should give up, but I'm glad that is finally over. Time for everyone to move on.

This is New York.  No one is moving on from anything.  :) :) :)

Online Dream Team

« Reply #213 on: April 25, 2023, 08:07:11 AM »
My goodness the AFC is so completely stacked right now at QB. There pretty much is no excuse for Philly and San Fran not to be squaring off in the NFC Championship game again.

How do you guys project the AFC East standings to finish up?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2023, 08:59:56 AM »
My goodness the AFC is so completely stacked right now at QB. There pretty much is no excuse for Philly and San Fran not to be squaring off in the NFC Championship game again.

How do you guys project the AFC East standings to finish up?

Buffalo

Miami
New York
New England

The Miami/New York/New England mess is a rubber band ball, and can fall any which way depending on head-to-heads and variables like injuries and what not.  I think this is a make-or-break year for Buffalo, though; they've been a team of promise for about five years now, and that promise has to pay off or the window is going to close.

Anyone thinking that Aaron Rodgers puts the Jets in the title game has been licking George Costanza's wedding invites. 

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2023, 09:08:59 AM »
Well I’m excited.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Skeever

« Reply #216 on: April 25, 2023, 09:11:05 AM »
Anyone thinking that Aaron Rodgers puts the Jets in the title game has been licking George Costanza's wedding invites.

Cope.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #217 on: April 25, 2023, 09:17:27 AM »
Bills
Jets
Patriots
Dolphins

I think the Bills pull back a little, but still win 11-12 games.

Jets should win 10-11 games minimum.  They won 7 last year with trash at QB, and don't underestimate how important a healthy Breece Hall could be to that offense. 

Even if the offense is still a mess, Belichick is good enough to still get them to 7-9 wins.

The Dolphins pull way back.  Tua cannot stay healthy, and they were trending way down at the end of last season. That will carry over.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #218 on: April 25, 2023, 10:25:49 AM »
Well I’m excited.

And you should be; he's going to inject a sense of "winning", I think, to that organization.  I just don't think they were "just a QB away" last year.  Sorry, I'm not trying to pee on anyone's parade, but the question was asked.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #219 on: April 25, 2023, 10:29:25 AM »
Bills
Jets
Patriots
Dolphins

I think the Bills pull back a little, but still win 11-12 games.

Jets should win 10-11 games minimum.  They won 7 last year with trash at QB, and don't underestimate how important a healthy Breece Hall could be to that offense. 

Even if the offense is still a mess, Belichick is good enough to still get them to 7-9 wins.

The Dolphins pull way back.  Tua cannot stay healthy, and they were trending way down at the end of last season. That will carry over.
And don't underestimate the possibility that St. Rodgers gets sacked 13 times in the first two games and spends the next 16 weeks pouting and gives up entirely.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #220 on: April 25, 2023, 02:45:52 PM »
Yeah, no shit.  AR is definitely a future HoFer but he's way past his prime and much more prone to injury as we saw last year.  Just because his former OC is there, doesn't automatically mean division title or playoff run.  I wonder who called who first?
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #221 on: April 25, 2023, 03:39:12 PM »
   And don't underestimate the possibility that St. Rodgers gets sacked 13 times in the first two games and spends the next 16 weeks pouting and gives up entirely.

Well sure, anything is possible, but I think he is going to be motivated to do and play well, if for no other reason than as an FU to the Packers organization.

Yeah, no shit.  AR is definitely a future HoFer but he's way past his prime and much more prone to injury as we saw last year.  Just because his former OC is there, doesn't automatically mean division title or playoff run.  I wonder who called who first?

The guy who was the MVP of the 2020 and 2021 seasons is "way" past his prime?  Really?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #222 on: April 25, 2023, 05:47:53 PM »

Well sure, anything is possible, but I think he is going to be motivated to do and play well, if for no other reason than as an FU to the Packers organization.
Being motivated enough to do and play well doesn't really do him many favors. Brady wanted out of NE, but he never gave up on the team. St. Rogers did. If it turns out that he's simply done then that's that; nobody looks terribly on that. If it turns out he can still play at an elite level then he's essentially Randy Moss, playing when he feels like it and being an ass when he doesn't.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #223 on: April 25, 2023, 06:23:08 PM »
Many fans thought Brady checked out in 2019. It was talked all over the media here as well.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #224 on: April 25, 2023, 06:40:46 PM »
Many fans thought Brady checked out in 2019. It was talked all over the media here as well.

Yup, Brady had one foot out the door that season.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #225 on: April 25, 2023, 07:12:35 PM »

Yeah, I guess that season was no Sunday afternoon in the park for the Patriots, was it?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #226 on: April 25, 2023, 07:14:10 PM »

Yeah, I guess that season was no Sunday afternoon in the park for the Patriots, was it?

A hint for tomorrow’s guitarist countdown?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #227 on: April 25, 2023, 07:19:15 PM »
I don't recall it, but I suppose he might have. Also, the Boston media will talk about anything and everything, no matter how idiotic it might be. I read a fair amount of it down here and it's always good for a laugh.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2023, 07:22:05 PM »
Oh definitely but it was widespread. He was sulking on the sidelines and he didn't have a great offensive team that year.

We all do that to a degree when we sour at work. But his poor years is some QB's career year.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #229 on: April 25, 2023, 07:24:39 PM »

It's only a matter of time before we find out.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #230 on: April 25, 2023, 07:27:04 PM »

I guess we’ll see who makes the final cut

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #231 on: April 25, 2023, 07:28:12 PM »

Yes, it will be a beautiful day when all is revealed.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #232 on: April 25, 2023, 07:34:10 PM »

Stop! Let’s not be wreckers.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #233 on: April 25, 2023, 07:45:50 PM »

Tonight, there's gonna be trouble.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2023, 07:06:12 AM »
STOP IT
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #235 on: April 26, 2023, 07:43:19 AM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2023, 08:10:29 AM »

Tonight, there's gonna be trouble.

STOP IT

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #237 on: April 26, 2023, 08:32:24 AM »
*smacks*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #238 on: April 26, 2023, 09:42:17 AM »

The guy who was the MVP of the 2020 and 2021 seasons is "way" past his prime?  Really?

Oh, that's right I forgot because the MVP selection process is totally, completely and absolutely flawless.  :lol :rollin

The guy as you put it, is entering his 18th season and hasn't won a SB in over a decade.  Maybe "way" past is a stretch but definitely past.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #239 on: April 26, 2023, 05:49:03 PM »

Oh, that's right I forgot because the MVP selection process is totally, completely and absolutely flawless.  :lol :rollin

The guy as you put it, is entering his 18th season and hasn't won a SB in over a decade.  Maybe "way" past is a stretch but definitely past.

With all due respect, we have interacted here long enough to where there is no need for you to act like a dick and just laugh at my questions.

But if snark is what you want, snark is what you will get:

Let's ignore his MVP and just look at his 2020 and 2021 numbers.  He had a combined 85 touchdowns and 9 interceptions.  You are the one to be laughed at if you think those numbers are laughable or the mark of someone who was past his prime.  Have a nice day.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #240 on: April 26, 2023, 11:44:25 PM »
He had a combined 85 touchdowns and 9 interceptions.

Dear God! How's that even possible?
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #241 on: April 27, 2023, 05:55:11 AM »
He had a combined 85 touchdowns and 9 interceptions.

Dear God! How's that even possible?

Imagine what he could have done if he hadn't been way past his prime!  :biggrin:

Online Dream Team

« Reply #242 on: April 27, 2023, 08:05:41 AM »
Or if the Packers cared about surrounding him with talent . . .  can you imagine if he had had Burrow's trio of receivers??

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #243 on: April 27, 2023, 08:40:22 AM »

With all due respect, we have interacted here long enough to where there is no need for you to act like a dick and just laugh at my questions.

But if snark is what you want, snark is what you will get:

Let's ignore his MVP and just look at his 2020 and 2021 numbers.  He had a combined 85 touchdowns and 9 interceptions.  You are the one to be laughed at if you think those numbers are laughable or the mark of someone who was past his prime.  Have a nice day.

Oh, with all due respect except for the name calling?  That's a good one.  I don't give a fuck about individual stats because they aren't entirely individual.  He had a lot of help.  It's called "team sport".  There were also a lot of other more deserving candidates for MVP.  If you don't think he's past him prime, then fine.  I don't fucking care.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2023, 09:14:51 AM »
Kev, I think you're an amazingly cool person in 99% of non-sports threads and in my off-board interactions with you.  But come on, man!  The guy who has made his forum career "acting like a dick" and being snarky in the sports threads calling someone out for acting like a dick and being snarky in the sports threads?  Come on, man!  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."