Author Topic: Star Wars Discussion Thread v. Rise of Skywalker / Mandalorian (merged)  (Read 256836 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Star Wars Discussion Thread v. Rise of Skywalker / Mandalorian (merged)
« Reply #2870 on: February 11, 2021, 08:17:51 AM »
I’m out of pocket so it’s tough to link things but Gina Carano has been fired from the Mandalorian for her having a different set of beliefs than the majority of the heavily liberal Hollywood.

Not to say I agree with anything or everything she says.....but the fact she’s been fired for expressing her freedom of speech is scary. Pretty sad.

She's said some really crazy anti-democrat, anti-COVID stuff over the last six months, at least.  Hollywood is very liberal, so her views stuck out like a sore thumb.  She had an anti-trans issue when Pedro Pascal's sister came out as trans.   The straw that broke the camel's back was that she compared Republican persecution to the persecution of Jews in Nazi Germany.  That's just not cool at all.

It's not oppression of freedom of speech.  If I said the things that she said, my employer would fire me too - there are consequences for expressing your beliefs when you represent a corporation (Disney, Lucasfilm) and franchise (Star Wars).  It's why talking politics at work is a bad idea.

It may not be a First Amendment issue, technically, but if I had a nickel for every time someone told me - hell, I'd take a nickel for every time just JINGLE told me - that "just because it's legal doesn't make it right", I'd be lighting stogies with hundies, shooting the shit with my buddies Cuban and Bezos. 

She, like all Americans, should be judged for their work. That's what the entire identity politics movement is about, isn't it?  Connecticut just passed a law (seventh state in the Union if memory serves) that prevents an employer from firing an employee for their hair style (the idea is to protect what the crass would call "black hairstyles" from persecution).   To some, their hair is a political statement. So we're clearly saying that SOME political messages are okay but others aren't.   

I don't follow social media (much), I'm aware she's said some shit, but not aware of the specific things she said.  I just know I loved her character in the show, and I think she's hot.  The only part of any of that that should matter is "I loved her character in the show".   In all the background materials around Seasons 1 and 2, everyone was glowing and gushing about her work and her work ethic, and she was equally effusive about her co-stars and creative partners.   

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2871 on: February 11, 2021, 08:54:57 AM »
it was just a matter of time because like you said she Stuck out like a sore thumb being the only conservative ‘voice’ on a show that’s in an industry of out of touch liberal minded people.
First, I object to your contention that they are out of touch.

Secondly, she should have known better.  Like it or not, in any business, there are things you don't do or don't say, or there will be repercussions.  No matter what industry you are in, you should know what those things are.  If you want to be in that industry, you need to avoid doing or saying those things.  She didn't. 

She wasn't fired because they are liberal and she is conservative.  If that were the issue, she would never have been hired in the first place.  She didn't just become a conservative this year.  She has made many posts over the last year and nothing has happened.

You can't ever compare any so-called persecuted group to what the Jews suffered under Nazi Germany.  You just can't do that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2872 on: February 11, 2021, 08:59:50 AM »

but if I had a nickel for every time someone told me - hell, I'd take a nickel for every time just JINGLE told me - that "just because it's legal doesn't make it right", I'd be lighting stogies with hundies, shooting the shit with my buddies Cuban and Bezos. 

People are fired for their personal actions all the time.  It's (pretty much) any company's prerogative - termination without cause.

Also... what Hef said.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2873 on: February 11, 2021, 09:01:25 AM »
Gina Carano has been fired from the Mandalorian for her having a different set of beliefs

...she’s been fired for expressing her freedom of speech

It is not the first one, but the second.  You can believe anything you want.  You can think anything you want.  What you can't do say shit that pisses people off and not expect there to be consequences.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2874 on: February 11, 2021, 09:01:47 AM »
As much as I liked her character and would love to have her toss me around, she was warned by her employer the last time her postings came up. She chose not to listen to the warning and is now facing the consequences.

That said, I personally don't think what she's posted was all that bad. I get what she was trying to say, but I also understand why some would be offended by the posts.

One thing I find troubling is this trend that society is branding people 'phobic' even if they really aren't simply because they don't agree. Best example of this is JK Rowling. IGN posted a ridiculous Op-Ed piece about how Harry Potter fans are dealing with her being transphobic. All she said is that Trans women aren't genetically women but still expressed the opinion that they deserve equal rights.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2875 on: February 11, 2021, 09:08:19 AM »
it was just a matter of time because like you said she Stuck out like a sore thumb being the only conservative ‘voice’ on a show that’s in an industry of out of touch liberal minded people.

Secondly, she should have known better.  Like it or not, in any business, there are things you don't do or don't say, or there will be repercussions.  No matter what industry you are in, you should know what those things are.  If you want to be in that industry, you need to avoid doing or saying those things.  She didn't. 

She wasn't fired because they are liberal and she is conservative.  If that were the issue, she would never have been hired in the first place.  She didn't just become a conservative this year.  She has made many posts over the last year and nothing has happened.

You can't ever compare any so-called persecuted group to what the Jews suffered under Nazi Germany.  You just can't do that.
All of this.

I'm not celebrating or anything, but I think this was the right call by Disney/LucasFilm.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2876 on: February 11, 2021, 09:22:45 AM »

but if I had a nickel for every time someone told me - hell, I'd take a nickel for every time just JINGLE told me - that "just because it's legal doesn't make it right", I'd be lighting stogies with hundies, shooting the shit with my buddies Cuban and Bezos. 

People are fired for their personal actions all the time.  It's (pretty much) any company's prerogative - termination without cause.

Also... what Hef said.

It's not though. That's why I added the reference to the "CROWN" law (that's what it's called) in Connecticut.  Only CERTAIN personal actions, and it's not ALWAYS the company's prerogative.  Only when it fits the narrative.

And I'm not saying that Disney CAN'T. That's unassailable at this point.  I'm saying that mayhaps they probably shouldn't and CERTAINLY we probably shouldn't be so morally sanctimonious that this is "right".

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2877 on: February 11, 2021, 09:24:51 AM »
Gina Carano has been fired from the Mandalorian for her having a different set of beliefs

...she’s been fired for expressing her freedom of speech

It is not the first one, but the second.  You can believe anything you want.  You can think anything you want.  What you can't do say shit that pisses people off and not expect there to be consequences.

Well, you CAN, you just can't say the WRONG things that piss the RIGHT people off.  That last statement effectively makes the first two meaningless.   
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 09:32:10 AM by Stadler »

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2878 on: February 11, 2021, 09:26:47 AM »

The only thing I disagree with what you said is ‘Hollywood’ not being out of touch with how the average American lives and what reality is for the majority of people. They’re a privileged class of people....I don’t know how you can argue they aren’t?

Any type of Nazi/Jew comparison will garner attention and is usually a lightning rod for criticism.  I don’t condone it or defend it. My entire point is that again.....we’re the roles reversed and Rosario Dawson tweeted that Donald Trump’s speech prior to the Capitol riots was exactly like Hitler speaking to his troops to encourage them in war.....she’d keep her job and probably be celebrated.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2879 on: February 11, 2021, 09:40:35 AM »

The only thing I disagree with what you said is ‘Hollywood’ not being out of touch with how the average American lives and what reality is for the majority of people. They’re a privileged class of people....I don’t know how you can argue they aren’t?

Any type of Nazi/Jew comparison will garner attention and is usually a lightning rod for criticism.  I don’t condone it or defend it. My entire point is that again.....we’re the roles reversed and Rosario Dawson tweeted that Donald Trump’s speech prior to the Capitol riots was exactly like Hitler speaking to his troops to encourage them in war.....she’d keep her job and probably be celebrated.

To Gary's point:  Google "Trump is Hitler", and on the first page there are:
"Pro-Trump rioters storming the Capitol bear echoes of Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch"
"Is it wrong to compare Trump to Hitler? No."
"One scholar on similiarities, substantial differences between Trump and Hitler"
"Thirteen similarities between Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler"
"Trump and Trumpism:  Memories of Hitler"

To be fair, there are two headlines - both Opinion pieces - that disagree.

But under "Top Stories", Spike Lee, on January 24th, said:  "Donald Trump will do down in history with the likes of Hitler".   I'm blanking; was he fired from his latest project?  Actually, no, he was receiving an award at the time of his remarks.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2880 on: February 11, 2021, 09:51:01 AM »
It's not though. That's why I added the reference to the "CROWN" law (that's what it's called) in Connecticut.  Only CERTAIN personal actions, and it's not ALWAYS the company's prerogative. 

Well, here in Canada, there are very few circumstances where a company has any real blockers to "termination without cause".
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2881 on: February 11, 2021, 10:00:59 AM »
It's not though. That's why I added the reference to the "CROWN" law (that's what it's called) in Connecticut.  Only CERTAIN personal actions, and it's not ALWAYS the company's prerogative. 

Well, here in Canada, there are very few circumstances where a company has any real blockers to "termination without cause".
Which is as it should be.  They SHOULD be able to fire for any reason or no reason at all.  We have less integrity down here.   ;)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2882 on: February 11, 2021, 11:43:05 AM »

"Pro-Trump rioters storming the Capitol bear echoes of Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch"
"One scholar on similiarities, substantial differences between Trump and Hitler"

But under "Top Stories", Spike Lee, on January 24th, said:  "Donald Trump will do down in history with the likes of Hitler".   I'm blanking; was he fired from his latest project?  Actually, no, he was receiving an award at the time of his remarks.
Yeah, people have made comparisons between Trump and Hitler (and between other people and Hitler - Trump wasn't the first).

People don't typically complain about being "persecuted" and compare themselves to the Jews killed by the Nazis.  That's like the third rail.  She wasn't fired because she's conservative, she was fired because she's an idiot.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2883 on: February 11, 2021, 11:55:37 AM »
People don't typically complain about being "persecuted" and compare themselves to the Jews killed by the Nazis.  That's like the third rail.  She wasn't fired because she's conservative, she was fired because she's an idiot.

What she said :

"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views,”

What's wrong with that question? Seriously? Especially in today's climate of 'Us vs Them'. Maybe it's the straw that broke the camels back in her case....death by a thousand cuts so to speak but that statement pales in comparison to statements that are/have been routinely made about Trump and trump supporters.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2884 on: February 11, 2021, 12:03:38 PM »

What she said :

"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views,”

What's wrong with that question? Seriously? Especially in today's climate of 'Us vs Them'. Maybe it's the straw that broke the camels back in her case....death by a thousand cuts so to speak but that statement pales in comparison to statements that are/have been routinely made about Trump and trump supporters.

Trump supporters were not rounded up onto trains and forced into concentration camps, being murdered by the millions, just because they supported him.

It's one thing to feel persecuted, but it's another to truly be persecuted.  It's not an equal comparison in this case - "ooh, my neighbor doesn't like my Trump yard sign" is not comparable to "Nazi soldiers put me in Auschwitz and I watched my grandparents die."

Hollywood also employs a great number of people of Jewish faith, including some of the most powerful and recognizable names, like Steven Spielberg.  Trying to compare their history to being a Trump supporter isn't going to generate any respect from them.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2885 on: February 11, 2021, 12:07:01 PM »
What's wrong with that question?

It is pretty clear that what is "wrong" with the question is that the person asking it does not hold the "right" view on the answer to the question.  Hef's opinion notwithstanding, it is clearly viewpoint discrimination, and there isn't really any good argument to the contrary.

Again, going back to prior points, that isn't necessarily illegal, and Disney is entitled to do what they want--legally, anyway.  But it's pretty clear in the present climate that you can get away with saying things that are outrageous and offensive if they are coming from the "correct" side of the political aisle, but cannot if coming from the "wrong" side. 

I mean, we can look at her post at face value, and poke all kinds of holes in it.  But a mature, unbiased response is, "Yeah, you are off base, and here's why your argument fails."  Instead, the response is, "How dare you even ask the question!  You're fired."

**EDIT:  And, yeah, I realize the last handful of posts have crossed over well into P/R territory.  If anyone has anything they really feel the need to express on the subject, go ahead and say it.  As I often say, even though it technically should go elsewhere, sometimes, there is some inevitable bleed over into areas outside a thread topic, or outside what is usually allowed, etc.  But let's keep it reasonable and not turn it into a protracted debate.  If people want to debate the finer points beyond simply posting their opinion here, I suggest a thread in P/R for it.**
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2886 on: February 11, 2021, 12:27:17 PM »

What she said :

First of all, I don't have a problem with her.  I didn't fire her.  But I can see why she was fired.

In today's climate, the people I see getting beaten for political reasons are getting beaten BY conservatives.  In today's climate of Us vs Them, liberals aren't storming capitals in Michigan, DC, or anywhere else, and no conservatives are actually being persecuted.  Again, comparisons with what the Jews went through simply aren't done, and I suspect that it was, in fact, the straw that broke the camel's back.  Again, she isn't any different a person now than she was before they hired her.  If the only problem was her political stance, she never would have been hired in the first place. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2887 on: February 11, 2021, 12:50:13 PM »
I'll just say I disagree with almost every sentence in that post, and I see a big double standard that I think you fail to acknowledge, and I'll just leave it at that.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2888 on: February 11, 2021, 01:17:59 PM »
I'll just say I disagree with almost every sentence in that post, and I see a big double standard that I think you fail to acknowledge, and I'll just leave it at that.
lol OK

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2889 on: February 11, 2021, 02:35:06 PM »

What she said :

Trump supporters were not rounded up onto trains and forced into concentration camps, being murdered by the millions, just because they supported him.

It's one thing to feel persecuted, but it's another to truly be persecuted.  It's not an equal comparison in this case - "ooh, my neighbor doesn't like my Trump yard sign" is not comparable to "Nazi soldiers put me in Auschwitz and I watched my grandparents die."

Hollywood also employs a great number of people of Jewish faith, including some of the most powerful and recognizable names, like Steven Spielberg.  Trying to compare their history to being a Trump supporter isn't going to generate any respect from them.

No one said they were.  The point was about the government sowing division between people's that should know better and who have a vested interest in staying unified.   I won't argue that she's using a sledgehammer to open a watermelon, but she's not wrong.

And we'll have to agree to disagree if you don't see that some political viewpoints are treated with more dignity and respect than other ones (and I'm not even talking about the whackadoo extreme positions.  I've LITERALLY been asked "you want to kill children?" in a conversation about Obamacare).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2890 on: February 11, 2021, 02:37:43 PM »

What she said :

First of all, I don't have a problem with her.  I didn't fire her.  But I can see why she was fired.

In today's climate, the people I see getting beaten for political reasons are getting beaten BY conservatives.  In today's climate of Us vs Them, liberals aren't storming capitals in Michigan, DC, or anywhere else, and no conservatives are actually being persecuted.  Again, comparisons with what the Jews went through simply aren't done, and I suspect that it was, in fact, the straw that broke the camel's back.  Again, she isn't any different a person now than she was before they hired her.  If the only problem was her political stance, she never would have been hired in the first place.

Hef, read her whole statement.  It has nothing to do with people being beaten in the streets.  It's about the GOVERNMENT, and how they FIRST - before they captured and tortured and killed their own citizens - first set them against each other. 

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2891 on: February 11, 2021, 02:56:01 PM »

What she said :

Hef, read her whole statement.  It has nothing to do with people being beaten in the streets.  It's about the GOVERNMENT, and how they FIRST - before they captured and tortured and killed their own citizens - first set them against each other.

I'm trying not to engage much in this conversation, but I will say that this is your interpretation of what she said. It's perfectly valid, and it's an interpretation. As is most of what other people are reading into it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2892 on: February 11, 2021, 03:15:25 PM »
That sounds vaguely dismissive.  The words are what the words are.   To me there's no "interpretation" there; it's plainly clear on its face.   If anything, the "interpretation" is trying to get it to say something else.

What IS the difference between one citizen of this country hating another for being Jewish or hating them for being a liberal?   ESPECIALLY  if your world view is predicated, nominally, on being "tolerant" and against hate?  Any of the rationales either way rely on extrapolating "Jewish" or "liberal" (or any other word you would slip in there) out beyond the mere state of being, because that's all they are.

And it's important to point out, she didn't differentiate between liberals and conservatives, she just said "hating SOMEONE for their political views".

Offline Adami

« Reply #2893 on: February 11, 2021, 03:26:00 PM »
Again. Your interpretation. Not dismissive. Statement of fact that everyone reading this is interpreting it.

If you don’t think you’re interpreting it at all and everyone who disagrees with you is simply wrong, that’s cool. Just wanted to offer a perspective. Dismiss it if you choose.

But I’m out. This is an ugly conversation.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2894 on: February 11, 2021, 03:26:09 PM »
Which government is she accusing of doing that?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2895 on: February 11, 2021, 03:52:04 PM »
So...the Star Wars thread now warps to the P/R section of the site?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #2896 on: February 11, 2021, 05:26:36 PM »

Also, the people defending her post seem to be forgetting the context it happened in. It's not like she posted one thing and got shitcanned out of nowhere, she's been posting stupid and offensive stuff for a while now, was apparently almost fired already and was on thin ice, and then she kept going. Benefit of the doubt isn't really warranted here. Also, maybe if she'd just said something afterward like 'Wow, shit, I definitely didn't mean to compare expressing opinions to being Jewish in the Holocaust and I'm really sorry it came across that way. What I actually meant was.....' I'm gonna say things would have turned out differently.

I mean seriously, people. If I had millions of followers who all knew the company I worked and I posted shit like that, I would have gotten fired for reflecting badly on the company, and I'm in fucking Tennessee.

I liked her character personally, though, so I'm kind of bummed on that front.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2897 on: February 11, 2021, 06:36:15 PM »
But I’m out. This is an ugly conversation.

It's actually going a whole lot better than it probably is on most online forums/discussion groups, or in general discourse, I imagine.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Adami

« Reply #2898 on: February 11, 2021, 06:40:16 PM »
Nevermind.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 07:04:28 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2899 on: February 11, 2021, 07:06:07 PM »

What she said :

I read it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2900 on: February 11, 2021, 07:27:58 PM »
I think this now needs to head to P/R.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2901 on: February 11, 2021, 07:39:39 PM »
It's a shame as Cara Dune was/is? a really badass character, one that paired so well with Mando. I was hoping she'd be in more episodes in season 2 seeing how enjoyable the pair and chemistry was in season 1.

She was great in Deadpool too.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2902 on: February 12, 2021, 06:33:33 AM »

Also, the people defending her post seem to be forgetting the context it happened in. It's not like she posted one thing and got shitcanned out of nowhere, she's been posting stupid and offensive stuff for a while now, was apparently almost fired already and was on thin ice, and then she kept going. Benefit of the doubt isn't really warranted here. Also, maybe if she'd just said something afterward like 'Wow, shit, I definitely didn't mean to compare expressing opinions to being Jewish in the Holocaust and I'm really sorry it came across that way. What I actually meant was.....' I'm gonna say things would have turned out differently.

I mean seriously, people. If I had millions of followers who all knew the company I worked and I posted shit like that, I would have gotten fired for reflecting badly on the company, and I'm in fucking Tennessee.

I liked her character personally, though, so I'm kind of bummed on that front.

You're late to the party.  The quippy little cartoons (which lost me in the second panel, with the dismissive, contemptuous "bullshit") address a problem that was asked and answered.

I'm well past that and now trying to learn and understand.    I see her words (and yes, I know, to some extent, the context).   But some people - their prerogative - seem to be making leaps that aren't supported by the information at hand.  I'm not so smug and sanctimonious that I just assume I know what people are thinking.  I've read her words several times now, and I can't get to where some of the people here are without making assumptions that I can't know.

And the reason I post this is not about her, or her job.  Couldn't give a rat's ass.  NOT DEFENDING HER OR HER STATEMENT.  But it IS important to us as a nation, as a people, as a civilization that we have meaningful communication; not for nothing, but whether this is in P/R or here, it's getting pretty clear that "no conversation" is tolerable.  I read some of these responses this morning and it's pointing in the direction of "you're on the right side of history" or "you're a bigot".    That's a pretty broad chasm, and a recipe for (social) disaster.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 06:40:07 AM by Stadler »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2903 on: February 12, 2021, 06:43:19 AM »
Seriously, can we take any further discussion on this to P/R now?  I'm TRULY over it, and want to read Star Wars discussion here.

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=33204.msg2749215#msg2749215

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2904 on: February 12, 2021, 09:14:13 AM »

Yeah, people have made comparisons between Trump and Hitler (and between other people and Hitler - Trump wasn't the first).

No. She was fired because the Company doesn't want to be liable for all the backlash of the Social Media Mob if they didn't do anything about her tweet.

We've seen it happen.

But, I am guessing she doesn't care, as she may feel she stands her ground and knows the consequences. She is not afraid of those consequences and can handle and is ready to accept them. Did anyone even think about that?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD