Author Topic: Things that piss me off  (Read 503516 times)

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 08:31:16 AM by Implode »

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Things that piss me off
« Reply #5743 on: July 23, 2016, 01:51:16 PM »
Shop assistants that are overly jolly and polite and chatty. It just comes across as completely phoney and it's uncomfortable to listen to because you know it's only because their managers

have told them to be super polite and say all this scripted nonsense.

It's worse when they same the exact same things to each and every customer. That actually has the reverse effect of making it look like you care about the customer and that you're doing it

just to make your company look good.

I was standing OUTSIDE a shop once and the cashier inside was like " HI THERE! !! CAN I HELP YOU SIR ? :D :D " . I just walked off.

The other thing I hate is when you're a regular at a coffee shop and when it's your first time - they're all super nice but if you've been there several times - you're lucky to get a word out of them.

If you haven't seen Office Space, you must fix that immediately: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZffr0HJwNc

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #5745 on: July 26, 2016, 06:50:18 PM »
When you've gone and taken your dump, you're just about through with wiping, and you feel the need to dump again. Like some aftershock, post-dump dump. Waste of time and paper, I tell you!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5746 on: July 26, 2016, 07:13:56 PM »

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5747 on: July 26, 2016, 07:18:31 PM »
Ghosting.

God damn ghosting. Just show SOME basic civility, people.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline NunoTenniscourt

• President of my uncle's Anti-Nepotism Organization
« Reply #5748 on: July 26, 2016, 08:54:40 PM »
I know I stated it before a while back, but I am compelled to mention again that is pisses me off when hot brunettes go blonde. A friend of mine was one of the most gorgeous brunettes I've ever seen in my life, and she just colored it a blinding shade of blonde. Almost white. If that's not bad enough, she also cut her hair above her ears, and shaved her eyebrows off.

Yes, I know it's her appearance, and she can do with it what she pleases, but I am baffled as to why some women can never be satisfied with *one* look that works well for them for a while, instead of feeling like they constantly have to redefine themselves.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #5749 on: July 26, 2016, 11:37:49 PM »
Yes, I know it's her appearance, and she can do with it what she pleases, but I am baffled as to why some women can never be satisfied with *one* look that works well for them for a while, instead of feeling like they constantly have to redefine themselves.

"The minute you stop exploring, then you just sit down & fucking die"
~Lars Ulrich
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5750 on: July 27, 2016, 06:32:22 AM »
When important threads of real relevance are locked without reason or explanation.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5751 on: July 27, 2016, 06:36:46 AM »
When important threads of real relevance are locked without reason or explanation.

If you're talking about that blog thread, I would have loved for it to remain open to continue discussing the psychological element behind the whole thing.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5752 on: July 27, 2016, 07:10:33 AM »
The guy two cubes down from me is a health nut and an aspiring marathon runner runner. Nothing against that lifestyle. I'd love nothing more than to have some self control and the ability to actually look forward to and enjoy running, but the dude doesn't shut up about it. For the last 15 minutes he's been talking about what you could replace with cauliflower. "Mashed cauliflower is a perfect substitute for mashed potatoes. If you were blindfolded, you wouldn't know the difference". "I went to a viewing party over the weeknd. I brought boneless buffalo cauliflower wings. They are baked and taste just like chicken, maybe even better!". Dude. Shut the fuck up. It's cauliflower. No matter how you prepare it, it will never be as good as properly cooked chicken or real potatoes loaded with cheeses and butter. Can you make it edible? Sure. But don't for a second call it an equivalent substitute. You're settling for a healthy choice, which is fine, but let's not kid ourselves and persist in delusion.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:18:00 AM by Chino »

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5753 on: July 27, 2016, 07:12:37 AM »
The guy two cubes down from me is a health nut and an aspiring marathon runner runner. Nothing against that lifestyle. I'd love nothing more than to have some self control and the ability to actually look forward to and enjoy running, but the dude doesn't shut up about it. For the last 15 minutes he's been talking about what you could replace with cauliflower. "Mashed cauliflower is a perfect substitute for mashed potatoes. If you were blindfolded, you wouldn't know the difference". "I went to a viewing party over the weeknd. I brought boneless buffalo cauliflower wings. They are baked and taste just like chicken, maybe even better!". Dude. Shut the fuck up. It's cauliflower. No matter how you prepare it, will will never be as good as properly cooked chicken or real potatoes loaded with cheeses and butter. Can you make it edible? Sure. But don't for a second call it an equivalent substitute. You're settling for a healthy choice, which is fine, but let's not kid ourselves and persist in delusion.

I always think people like that are so vocal about what they do because on the inside they truly hate it and they're just trying to convince themselves that what they're doing is cool.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5754 on: July 27, 2016, 08:14:44 AM »
That's my ex-wife.  "Kale".  I have a running joke with my daughter that I am going to prepare an entire Thanksgiving meal out of nothing but kale.   The part where I really get her to laugh is the description of the kale gravy. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5755 on: July 27, 2016, 08:18:13 AM »
The guy two cubes down from me is a health nut and an aspiring marathon runner runner. Nothing against that lifestyle. I'd love nothing more than to have some self control and the ability to actually look forward to and enjoy running, but the dude doesn't shut up about it. For the last 15 minutes he's been talking about what you could replace with cauliflower. "Mashed cauliflower is a perfect substitute for mashed potatoes. If you were blindfolded, you wouldn't know the difference". "I went to a viewing party over the weeknd. I brought boneless buffalo cauliflower wings. They are baked and taste just like chicken, maybe even better!". Dude. Shut the fuck up. It's cauliflower. No matter how you prepare it, it will never be as good as properly cooked chicken or real potatoes loaded with cheeses and butter. Can you make it edible? Sure. But don't for a second call it an equivalent substitute. You're settling for a healthy choice, which is fine, but let's not kid ourselves and persist in delusion.

My ex would say the same thing about cauliflower!  One time she attempted to trick me with the mashed "potatoes".  I knew right away something was wrong.  Not even close to as good although it wasn't terrible.  It's not the same!

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5756 on: July 27, 2016, 10:19:27 AM »
Yeah. That stuff is all fine. It really is (though badly prepared kale can be pretty awful). But don't tell me it's just as good as the real thing. That's just nonsense.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5757 on: July 27, 2016, 12:22:35 PM »
Yeah. That stuff is all fine. It really is (though badly prepared kale can be pretty awful). But don't tell me it's just as good as the real thing. That's just nonsense.

Cauliflower is good when well-prepared.  No need to dress it up as fake something else, though.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5758 on: July 27, 2016, 12:23:51 PM »
Boss' daughter bringing in her 3 kids for free food and not disciplining them in any way when they all 3 run around the cafe doing whatever the hell they want.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5759 on: July 27, 2016, 12:31:55 PM »
Boss' daughter bringing in her 3 kids for free food and not disciplining them in any way when they all 3 run around the cafe doing whatever the hell they want.

Work your way up to be the boss and don't allow that shit.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5760 on: July 27, 2016, 12:34:24 PM »
I don't want to work there for much longer after the summer.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5761 on: July 27, 2016, 12:37:37 PM »
:lol Me and my Gramps went to see Star Trek Beyond and we were having a coffee before hand and I casually mentioned that I did 36 hours at work last week.

And he basically reacted like that was *nothing* ...

Ah senior citizens and " we used to work 36 hours a day 10 days a week and you have it easy " :P :P

That's still nearly 8 hours a day 5 days a week.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #5762 on: July 27, 2016, 12:42:37 PM »
40 hours itself isn't hard at all. It's the conditions in which you work that make it difficult. Even 20 hours a week at the shithole I currently work at is more mentally draining than the 70-80 hour weeks I used to put in at my two favorite jobs.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5763 on: July 27, 2016, 12:43:37 PM »
I'm getting old and cranky.....and while sitting in traffic this afternoon on the way to a meeting only to find out that the hold up was a single police car with it's lights on behind a stalled vehicle.....both pulled far off onto the shoulder.....in NO way impeding traffic.....I realize that I have grown to despise the 'general public'.

I genuinely love a good 45-50 people in this world.....care for and like another 100 maybe.....but all in all I think 'life' is wearing me down and I am turning into an angry, cynical old man.

And for whatever reason it doesn't bother me like I think it should.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5764 on: July 27, 2016, 12:50:08 PM »
40 hours itself isn't hard at all. It's the conditions in which you work that make it difficult. Even 20 hours a week at the shithole I currently work at is more mentally draining than the 70-80 hour weeks I used to put in at my two favorite jobs.

Yes but it's pretty standard these days.

Unless you worked in a mine under water for 300 hours a week then it's not a real job to your grandparents :lol

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5765 on: July 27, 2016, 12:52:00 PM »

I mean, I don't really know how it is in the US or UK, but isn't 40 hours a week some kind of standard amount? Because in Russia it kinda is. I'm working more than that - like 50 hours a week maybe - since I'm logging in some OT hours as well to get better money - but 40 hours is a standard for us.

Not angry or pissed off at anyone, just curious about it.

Edit: alright, Kotowboy already answered me in that ninja-post.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5766 on: July 27, 2016, 12:53:55 PM »
I work 50-55 hours a week if you count the time I'm sitting in traffic.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #5767 on: July 27, 2016, 12:55:56 PM »
In Germany, 40 hours/week is pretty much standard.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5768 on: July 27, 2016, 12:57:25 PM »

Oh, if you count the time I spend on the road, which is 1.5 hours to get to work and about 2 hours to get back from work each day, yeah, that would add up to some unpleasant amount. And to think when I was applying for the job, our office was like 5 minutes walking distance from my home.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5769 on: July 27, 2016, 01:00:01 PM »
under-cooked pizza

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5770 on: July 27, 2016, 01:12:20 PM »
I was doing 50-60 hours a week at my last job (not counting commute), and while I certainly don't want to work any more than that, it wasn't the number of hours that got to me. It was just that it was different every day. Start at 5:00AM today, start at 12:00PM tomorrow, 8:00AM the next day, 5:00AM after that... that's when it's exhausting to me.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5771 on: July 27, 2016, 01:13:45 PM »
under-cooked pizza

Or when you put it in the oven for 20 minutes and half is overdone and the other half is underdone.

::)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5772 on: July 27, 2016, 01:16:39 PM »
Put it directly on the rack.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5773 on: July 27, 2016, 01:48:02 PM »
I was doing 50-60 hours a week at my last job (not counting commute), and while I certainly don't want to work any more than that, it wasn't the number of hours that got to me. It was just that it was different every day. Start at 5:00AM today, start at 12:00PM tomorrow, 8:00AM the next day, 5:00AM after that... that's when it's exhausting to me.

That's funny. Last weekend I was thinking to myself about how that's the one thing I actually miss about retail. It breaks up the week and makes every day not the same. I have such a problem getting into Doctors' offices because I'm booked 6:30am-5:30am every day. Having a day or two a week when I didn't have to start working until 11 would be fantastic. Hell, just to have the ability to not have to set an alarm a day or two a week would be fantastic.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5774 on: July 27, 2016, 01:52:01 PM »

That's funny. Last weekend I was thinking to myself about how that's the one thing I actually miss about retail. It breaks up the week and makes every day not the same. I have such a problem getting into Doctors' offices because I'm booked 6:30am-5:30am every day. Having a day or two a week when I didn't have to start working until 11 would be fantastic. Hell, just to have the ability to not have to set an alarm a day or two a week would be fantastic.

You work 23 hours a day?!