Author Topic: Things that piss me off  (Read 503690 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Things that piss me off
« Reply #5425 on: June 23, 2016, 05:29:50 AM »
 :lol

Leaving your I-Pod at home. :censored
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5426 on: June 23, 2016, 09:36:48 AM »
Leaving for the whole day and your phone is on 5%.

:|

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #5427 on: June 23, 2016, 10:24:56 AM »
I just need an editor in my life John.

I told you. Blob and I will do alternate weeks and you just have to pay us in beer.   :biggrin:

Screw that, I don't drink alcohol. I demand currency!

Well, since you didn't specify what kind, I'll make sure it's just Monopoly money.  :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5428 on: June 23, 2016, 10:29:41 AM »

I told you. Blob and I will do alternate weeks and you just have to pay us in beer.   :biggrin:

Well, since you didn't specify what kind, I'll make sure it's just Monopoly money.  :lol

Luckily you're not the one who'd be paying me. :biggrin:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5429 on: June 23, 2016, 11:23:03 AM »

Luckily you're not the one who'd be paying me. :biggrin:

:lol Indeed.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5430 on: June 23, 2016, 11:24:30 AM »
Why should I pay you?!  You correct me all the time! :lol

I'll never change.  NEVER!!! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5431 on: June 23, 2016, 11:38:53 AM »
I was irate on my morning drive to work.

The road that accesses my subdivision is a two lane, 40 mph road with VERY wide shoulders....I'm talking 7 or 8 foot wide. The local high school uses this road for its cross country runs due to it's wide shoulders and slow speed. I say that to set this up....

I noticed a car about 300-400 foot in front of me suddenly swerve WAY off to the shoulder.....like almost go off the road and then jerk back into the lane. After ten seconds or so I was at the spot it swerved and there on the shoulder near off the shoulder and into the rock and grass was about a 5-6 foot blacksnake.....half squished.....the other half writhing in pain as it slowly was trying to figure out WTF just happened and was dying.

>:( :censored      I get it if a snake/turtle/raccoon....etc. gets hit on the road if it's IN the road......but to go out of your way to run an animal over is just friggin' ignorant. I had half a mind to follow the SOB to wherever they were going and lay in to them. But I thought better of it. I'm just hoping that the piece of sh*t had something happen to them today....not life threatening or life altering....but something. Spill coffee in their lap....get handed a 'bad' project.....slam their finger in a door......anything like that. Because they deserve it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5432 on: June 23, 2016, 11:40:44 AM »
That sucks.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5433 on: June 23, 2016, 11:41:28 AM »
That really pisses me off too.  No decency.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5434 on: June 23, 2016, 12:15:16 PM »
Because I drive a 125cc bike and have L plates... People think they can pull out of junctions in front of me.

The other day I even got a  ::) face from THEM...

FUCK YOU.

Online kaos2900

« Reply #5435 on: June 23, 2016, 02:19:22 PM »
Losing power in the summer.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #5436 on: June 24, 2016, 02:56:17 AM »
RAM?!?!?!

Aussies prefer Kangaroos !

As opposed to what? Tea & crumpets?  ::)
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #5437 on: June 24, 2016, 09:37:52 AM »
I hate when I'm sort of visibly agitated, and someone asks me "What's wrong?", to which I reply, "Nothing important.", so they say "Well it must be important if you're like that" etc and keep pressing until I'm like "I just caught up on the manga I was reading and it had a cliffhanger so I'm anxious for the next chapter" "Oh well that's not very important"

::)

...my name is Araragi.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5438 on: June 24, 2016, 09:52:42 AM »
I hate when I'm sort of visibly agitated, and someone asks me "What's wrong?", to which I reply, "Nothing important.", so they say "Well it must be important if you're like that" etc and keep pressing until I'm like "I just caught up on the manga I was reading and it had a cliffhanger so I'm anxious for the next chapter" "Oh well that's not very important"

I hate it when I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary, just sitting there and happen to be not smiling, and someone asks me "what's wrong?", which most of the time annoys me, so when I reply "nothing" it sounds like there's something wrong making me angry, except it's just the annoyance of someone assuming there's something wrong just because I'm not smiling. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5439 on: June 24, 2016, 11:07:10 AM »

I hate it when I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary, just sitting there and happen to be not smiling, and someone asks me "what's wrong?", which most of the time annoys me, so when I reply "nothing" it sounds like there's something wrong making me angry, except it's just the annoyance of someone assuming there's something wrong just because I'm not smiling. :lol

You can't win. If you smile all the time, people think you're weird too. I've tried both approaches.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5440 on: June 24, 2016, 12:01:15 PM »
I don't believe Blob smiles.  I need a picture for proof. :biggrin:

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5441 on: June 24, 2016, 12:08:08 PM »
Sooo.... people who don't think the rules apply to them.   

At a graduation last night (by the way, I could start an entire thread on this graduation), and the flier said clearly, in bold caps, DO NOT RUN UP TO YOUR STUDENT AND TAKE PICTURES WHILE THEY ARE WAITING TO RECEIVE THEIR DIPLOMA.  It doesn't take Nostradamus to see where this is going:  We weren't even out of the B's when this dude in a tank top, beach shorts, and flip flops comes strolling up to take a picture of his darling little tramp, and we weren't even out of the C's when some girl strolls up, puts her arm around her friend/sister/cousin/perfect stranger to take a selfie.    By that point (and for the remainder of the 200 kids, there was a pack of about 15 people rotating in and out to take picture swith the students while they were waiting to receive their diploma.  It should be noted that there were three professional photographers taking pictures before during and after the granting of the diploma. 

And as an aside, most were dressed like they were on their way to or from a Jimmy Buffett concert.

I know, I know "get off my lawn", but what happened to a little common decency and respect for your fellow man?  Believe it or not, I'm not one for blinding following rules, but most rules have a reason. 

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5442 on: June 24, 2016, 12:11:39 PM »
Sooo.... people who don't think the rules apply to them.   

At a graduation last night (by the way, I could start an entire thread on this graduation), and the flier said clearly, in bold caps, DO NOT RUN UP TO YOUR STUDENT AND TAKE PICTURES WHILE THEY ARE WAITING TO RECEIVE THEIR DIPLOMA.  It doesn't take Nostradamus to see where this is going:  We weren't even out of the B's when this dude in a tank top, beach shorts, and flip flops comes strolling up to take a picture of his darling little tramp, and we weren't even out of the C's when some girl strolls up, puts her arm around her friend/sister/cousin/perfect stranger to take a selfie.    By that point (and for the remainder of the 200 kids, there was a pack of about 15 people rotating in and out to take picture swith the students while they were waiting to receive their diploma.  It should be noted that there were three professional photographers taking pictures before during and after the granting of the diploma. 

And as an aside, most were dressed like they were on their way to or from a Jimmy Buffett concert.

I know, I know "get off my lawn", but what happened to a little common decency and respect for your fellow man?  Believe it or not, I'm not one for blinding following rules, but most rules have a reason.

Continuing the graduation bitching... We just got an invite to a junior high graduation party... Are you fucking kidding? A whole weekend afternoon and a gift is expected because some kid finished 6th grade?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5443 on: June 24, 2016, 12:12:41 PM »
At some point you (not you specifically) got to either enforce or just ignore those "rules".   I'm kind of a go with the crowd guy.  When the highway is buzzing at 75 mph, that's the speed I'm going to go too.  If the graduation ceremony says no pictures, yet everyones doing it, I'm going to snap some pics then too.  I'm pretty obedient up until the point that I'm the only one playing by the "rules" which also by that point has become clear that there are no "rules"  :lol

Granted, it probably made the ceremony last longer and I would be more annoyed by that because graduation ceremonies are such a long boring process.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5444 on: June 24, 2016, 12:40:28 PM »
At some point you (not you specifically) got to either enforce or just ignore those "rules".   I'm kind of a go with the crowd guy.  When the highway is buzzing at 75 mph, that's the speed I'm going to go too.  If the graduation ceremony says no pictures, yet everyones doing it, I'm going to snap some pics then too.  I'm pretty obedient up until the point that I'm the only one playing by the "rules" which also by that point has become clear that there are no "rules"  :lol

Granted, it probably made the ceremony last longer and I would be more annoyed by that because graduation ceremonies are such a long boring process.

Well, I separate the two, because with speeding, there is a consequence, and if I'm willing to pay that consequence that relieves some of the contradiction independent on the impact to others (and this is why I say I'm not a slave to the rules).   But what's the consequence of running up and holding up the line?   There is none, except that 1000 OTHER people are inconvenienced.   That's the point.  Total disrespect for the crowd and putting yourself up like you're more important than anyone else with no consequences.

It so happens that my stepdaughter was upset that her brother couldn't be there as he was graduating from boot camp earlier that day in Virginia.  Unbeknownst to her, he arranged to graduate first thing and hop on a plane, so he strolled in about halfway through the ceremony.  As the respectful soldier he is, he stood at attention next to our row, and when it was time for her to walk up, I told him "get your ass over to your sister, soldier!".  I hate myself a little for doing that (two wrongs don't make a right) but why should she suffer?   And if you want to pick nits, he didn't take a picture he just gave her a hug and everyone ELSE took the picture (including the local paper).   I won't lie; I was crying like a girl at a One Direction concert.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5445 on: June 24, 2016, 12:44:17 PM »
Yea, that hold up is what would piss me off the most, more so than just a "someone broke rules" part.  I really don't like when people think they are more important than you or other people, and your example is one that shows that.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5446 on: June 24, 2016, 12:59:25 PM »
It's becoming more and more of a selfish world.  It's all about me!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5447 on: June 24, 2016, 04:11:42 PM »

Why you ? ::)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5448 on: June 24, 2016, 04:20:39 PM »
Not me but that is how most are.  I hold doors for people,  I do not block the isles when shopping.  The little things.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5449 on: June 24, 2016, 04:30:32 PM »
Not me but that is how most are.  I hold doors for people,  I do not block the isles when shopping.  The little things.

I was joking :biggrin:

You'd have to be pretty fat to block a whole Isle :neverusethis:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5450 on: June 24, 2016, 04:32:34 PM »

Why you ? ::)

I think he was using it as a trope.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5451 on: June 24, 2016, 04:33:23 PM »

You wouldn't believe how many people look at product when their cart is behind them blocking the whole Isle.  Then get huffy when you ask to pass by.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5452 on: June 24, 2016, 04:49:02 PM »
Isle = Island

Aisle = supermarket corridor :neverusethis:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5453 on: June 24, 2016, 04:55:20 PM »
Oops. Lol. Though there are food islands at the grocery store.   

I tried. Lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5454 on: June 24, 2016, 05:08:54 PM »

You wouldn't believe how many people look at product when their cart is behind them blocking the whole Isle.  Then get huffy when you ask to pass by.

Talk about things that piss me off.  Essentially people who are not self aware.  Such as your example.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5455 on: June 24, 2016, 05:13:46 PM »
I find that the elderly are constantly just bumbling around being in everyone's way. Standing in doorways. Walking unbearably slowly two a breast on a thin pavement ( sidewalk ).

My Grandad has had a computer for years and he *STILL* reads every textbox that comes up thoroughly despite knowing exactly what it says...

Or if he wants to close a window he'll hover the mouse over the red x in the top corner and go back and forth over the red x and the maximize button.

Every time... :/

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5456 on: June 24, 2016, 05:18:15 PM »
I can forgive the elderly.   Too much going on for them.  Sensory overload.  Now younger?  They just don't give a damn.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5457 on: June 24, 2016, 10:29:27 PM »
I was irate on my morning drive to work.

The road that accesses my subdivision is a two lane, 40 mph road with VERY wide shoulders....I'm talking 7 or 8 foot wide. The local high school uses this road for its cross country runs due to it's wide shoulders and slow speed. I say that to set this up....

I noticed a car about 300-400 foot in front of me suddenly swerve WAY off to the shoulder.....like almost go off the road and then jerk back into the lane. After ten seconds or so I was at the spot it swerved and there on the shoulder near off the shoulder and into the rock and grass was about a 5-6 foot blacksnake.....half squished.....the other half writhing in pain as it slowly was trying to figure out WTF just happened and was dying.

>:( :censored      I get it if a snake/turtle/raccoon....etc. gets hit on the road if it's IN the road......but to go out of your way to run an animal over is just friggin' ignorant. I had half a mind to follow the SOB to wherever they were going and lay in to them. But I thought better of it. I'm just hoping that the piece of sh*t had something happen to them today....not life threatening or life altering....but something. Spill coffee in their lap....get handed a 'bad' project.....slam their finger in a door......anything like that. Because they deserve it.

Hmmm, well, I operate under the logic of "the only good snake is a dead snake," but that is definitely pretty stupid to do.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5458 on: June 27, 2016, 02:14:46 PM »
Hmmm, well, I operate under the logic of "the only good snake is a dead snake," but that is definitely pretty stupid to do.

I know many a folk who subscribe to the same oath....but, to go out of your way to kill ANY animal in the manner that D-Bag did was just ignorant....snake or not.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #5459 on: June 27, 2016, 08:32:59 PM »
Losing power in the summer.
This happened Saturday night. It was around 10:30 PM and the power goes out--I was asleep but woke up sweating so much so that my pillow was sopping wet because all of my fans went out. It was about two hours before the power came back on. It was about 80 degrees out at the time and my room doesn't get the air conditioning very well. So hot and miserable
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen