Author Topic: Things that piss me off  (Read 503662 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Things that piss me off
« Reply #5075 on: April 05, 2016, 11:25:05 AM »
Gross!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5076 on: April 05, 2016, 11:36:25 AM »
Gross!

Especially with seafood.  I hate when that fried taste of something else is mixed with your fries or whatever. 

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5077 on: April 05, 2016, 11:37:26 AM »
Getting a stray onion ring in an order of fries. I swear, I can taste onion on every single one.

I'm the opposite.  I love that.  This happens a lot with seafood.
Same here.  Bonus!

I'm in.  It's like a little reminder that the universe is in balance and all is well.  :) 

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5078 on: April 05, 2016, 11:47:41 AM »
Getting a stray onion ring in an order of fries. I swear, I can taste onion on every single one.

Same here.  Bonus!

I'm in.  It's like a little reminder that the universe is in balance and all is well.  :)

Remember that time I said I wanted to grab a beer before the CT show? Yeah, we can go ahead and cancel that now. I can't be associating with people like yourself who believe that balance in the universe can be achieved by something as terrible as an onion ring.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5079 on: April 05, 2016, 11:50:27 AM »

Same here.  Bonus!

Remember that time I said I wanted to grab a beer before the CT show? Yeah, we can go ahead and cancel that now. I can't be associating with people like yourself who believe that balance in the universe can be achieved by something as terrible as an onion ring.

See, now you're going and knocking it all off kilter again.  There are going to have to be tens if not 100's of onion rings slipped into French fries to bring it back in line!   The blood is on your hands! 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5080 on: April 05, 2016, 12:20:58 PM »
Ketchup will fix all your problems Brian.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5081 on: April 05, 2016, 01:09:41 PM »
I prefer honey mustard with onion rings.

But ketchup is an acceptable substitute.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #5082 on: April 05, 2016, 01:21:24 PM »
I prefer barbecue sauce with my onion rings. With my french fries, I like blue cheese dressing.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5083 on: April 05, 2016, 01:22:57 PM »
I am a condiment whore.  I like all your suggestions.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5084 on: April 05, 2016, 01:29:36 PM »
I am a condiment whore.  I like all your suggestions.

I like whores and condiments

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5085 on: April 05, 2016, 01:31:28 PM »
We are a match. :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5086 on: April 05, 2016, 01:32:14 PM »
Bought buns, burgers and cheese and made cheeseburgers  :corn

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5087 on: April 05, 2016, 01:33:25 PM »

what about the condiments? and whores?

Calvin6s

« Reply #5088 on: April 05, 2016, 01:34:41 PM »
I prefer barbecue sauce with my onion rings.
I will have to try that next time.  Seems so obvious, but I can't recall ever seeing people do it.  Not a big fan of the "western" cheeseburger, but it explains why onion rings and BBQ would work well together.

I normally go for something like Outback's Bloomin' Onion dipping sauce.

Calvin6s

« Reply #5089 on: April 05, 2016, 01:35:36 PM »

I would suggest avoiding as it is not 100% effective.  AIDS is bad.  Whore baby makes AIDS look like a lucky onion ring in a bag of fries.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5090 on: April 05, 2016, 01:37:01 PM »

What about bacon? You didn't buy bacon? What's wrong you? Are you on any prescription medication?

I prefer barbecue sauce with my onion rings.
I will have to try that next time.  Seems so obvious, but I can't recall ever seeing people do it.  Not a big fan of the "western" cheeseburger, but it explains why onion rings and BBQ would work well together.

I normally go for something like Outback's Bloomin' Onion dipping sauce.

I enjoy barbecue sauce on a lot of things. I like that mix of sweet and spice. I put it on burgers with bacon and crumpled up blue cheese, and my mouth has multiple orgasms.

Calvin6s

« Reply #5091 on: April 05, 2016, 01:40:21 PM »
I enjoy barbecue sauce on a lot of things. I like that mix of sweet and spice. I put it on burgers with bacon and crumpled up blue cheese, and my mouth has multiple orgasms.
You don't have to sell me on blue cheese crumbles on a burger.  <Homer drool>.  I use steak sauce instead of BBQ sauce.  But if I'm out and about and getting fast food, asking for a BBQ packet for my burger is the next best thing.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5092 on: April 05, 2016, 01:42:07 PM »

Ketchup :angry:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5093 on: April 05, 2016, 01:42:47 PM »
NEWSFLASH

bacon isn't really that good

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5094 on: April 05, 2016, 01:48:12 PM »
I use a half cup of beef broth and then Lipton onion soup mix for 2 pounds of burger.  I add crumbled blue cheese and cheddar on top.

Sometimes you can make the ball, push your thumb down but not all the way through and put whatever you like in the center.  Close it up and flatten the burger.  I like chili in the center.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5095 on: April 05, 2016, 01:55:20 PM »
The beef broth and onion soup mix sounds like it would give it a really nice flavor. I'll have to try that. I put together an Italian burger with pancetta, prosciutto, asiago cheese, and dried pepper flakes.  Most Calabrian dishes have some kind of pepper added into them.  :lol 

Calvin6s

« Reply #5096 on: April 05, 2016, 02:04:36 PM »
I use a half cup of beef broth and then Lipton onion soup mix for 2 pounds of burger.  I add crumbled blue cheese and cheddar on top.

Sometimes you can make the ball, push your thumb down but not all the way through and put whatever you like in the center.  Close it up and flatten the burger.  I like chili in the center.

I had hoped the "what are you eating" thread broke out into sharing cooking tips.  This is the next best thing.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5097 on: April 05, 2016, 02:09:25 PM »
Guys, we are off topic.

NONE of these things piss me off.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5098 on: April 05, 2016, 02:14:37 PM »
Guys, we are off topic.

Calvin6s

« Reply #5099 on: April 05, 2016, 02:14:47 PM »
Considering burgers are right up the alley of this sausage fest of a forum, anybody just go scavenging through the pantry and spice rack looking to throw something on a burger just to see what happens?

I wouldn't say I'm creative as a cook (actually, I'm quite bad), but not that long ago I just threw together a whiskey, Grill Mates Montreal Steak seasoning, ground paprika, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce marinade.  Throw on some pepperjack cheese at the end of the grill and it came out pretty good.

I tend to make sliders with the Hawaiian sweet rolls because I find it is much easier to get a consistent small burger (cooked yet juicy) than full on burgers.  But I double stack the slider sized patty of course.  Or I will take some sourdough or rye bread, put it on the top rack with a soaking paper towel over it (the hot dog bun BBQ trick).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5100 on: April 05, 2016, 02:17:50 PM »
Guys, we are off topic.

An overcooked burger when asked for medium.  I dont care how good the meat was prepared, it was just ruined.

Anyway, King, that recipe does indeed sound really good.  I love the lipton onion soup mix.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5101 on: April 05, 2016, 04:46:21 PM »
white people piss me off

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5102 on: April 06, 2016, 07:12:27 AM »

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5103 on: April 06, 2016, 08:08:22 AM »
 :hefdaddy
NEWSFLASH

bacon isn't really that good

I'm (relatively) new here, but I think you're supposed to put sarcasm in GREEN.  I have a YouTube video of Christopher Hitchens debating someone on the existence of God, and the other guy just leaned into the microphone and said "Two words:  Bacon."    And Hitchens conceded the debate.

The only thing I will say is, if you don't think Bacon (by the way, the capital letter is not a mistake; it deserves our respect) is the Michael Jordan of the food world, you're probably eating it poorly prepared.  Bacon should NEVER EVER EVER be prepared in the microwave.   Microwave bacon is the Casio keyboard of bacon. 

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5104 on: April 06, 2016, 08:13:54 AM »
Condiment for onion rings (and fries):  equal parts ketchup and mayo, and a tablespoon or so each of Worcestshire sauce, Grey Poupon, and/or horseradish. 

For my burgers, I will mix into the meat: two diced cloves of garlic, two teaspoons or so of spicy mustard, salt, pepper, and some thyme.  I may add a shot or two of Worcestshire sauce as well.     Make sure when you make the patties that you put a little indent in the center with your thumb so they don't turn into balls on the grill.  NEVER EVER EVER EVER flatten them with the spatula like you see on TV. NEVER.  It forces all the juices out making a dry, tasteless burger. 

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #5105 on: April 06, 2016, 08:16:58 AM »
I don't really get the universal hard-on for bacon. It is a profoundly OK food.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5106 on: April 06, 2016, 08:23:46 AM »

Obviously I was being somewhat tongue in cheek, but I was brought up in an old-school Eastern European family, so my grandmother had a coffee can on the stove, and she would cook bacon (or sometimes pork chops) and pour the grease into the can.  For next time, or when she was cooking onions or noodles or something, she would take a spoonful and use that instead of oil or butter.  So I grew up with that flavor (that and garlic). 

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5107 on: April 06, 2016, 08:25:07 AM »

Obviously I was being somewhat tongue in cheek, but I was brought up in an old-school Eastern European family, so my grandmother had a coffee can on the stove, and she would cook bacon (or sometimes pork chops) and pour the grease into the can.  For next time, or when she was cooking onions or noodles or something, she would take a spoonful and use that instead of oil or butter.  So I grew up with that flavor (that and garlic).

The other day I got frisky and made homemade tater tots fried in pure bacon grease. I regret nothing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5108 on: April 06, 2016, 08:29:05 AM »

The other day I got frisky and made homemade tater tots fried in pure bacon grease. I regret nothing.

:lol sounds delish.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5109 on: April 06, 2016, 08:29:21 AM »
Glorious