Author Topic: Things that piss me off  (Read 503503 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Things that piss me off
« Reply #3675 on: August 10, 2015, 08:28:04 AM »
Just wondering.  How do I go about getting entire street sections cut off to the public when I'm driving to and from work?

Look the other way when your subordinates touch kids.

Things that piss me off:  when people hop on easy soundbite tropes.  THIS pope did no such thing and in fact has stepped up (for the most part).  It should also be noted that the incidence of this particular crime is still less than in the general population (even estimating for those cases that have gone unreported). 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3676 on: August 10, 2015, 08:33:26 AM »
In the vein of the previous few posts, poor concert etiquette in general.

I went to a Contortionist/Animals as Leaders/Between the Buried and Me show yesterday. The moshers did not bother me at all. What did piss me off was the people outside of the mosh pits who were flailing around. A spot I found near the front center would have been perfect had I not been elbowed in the side whenever the music was particularly heavy. Once I relocated, it was a great show, but those bastards almost ruined Animals' set.

And especially:

So what should have been a great night turned into a shitty one, because of the asshole people around me. And after 20+ concerts that I've attended, I'm very sad to say that one of these 4 things has happened at almost every single show I've been too.

TL:DR   Its awful when great concert experiences are ruined by the assholes attending them

Hmmm, if you go to 20 concerts, and it happens at most (let's for the sake of argument say "all") at what point exactly does your expectation succumb to reality?    I took my 14-year old to see Kiss and Def Leppard this past year - now, an older crowd, but Kiss can bring out the party in the audience, let me tell you from experience - and the FIRST THING I said to her was "don't wear anything good, because you WILL get beer on it".   Respectfully, I say this isn't "concert assholes", this is unrealistic expectations. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3677 on: August 10, 2015, 12:52:24 PM »

You're a service person.   I don't get that mentality.   I supposed there is a common courtesy element.   But they come to be SERVED.  By you, the SERVICE person.  How can you possibly be pissed at them for coming in and expected exactly what you're supposed to provide?

It's just when they come in and see all the tables are full and both of the waiting staff are clearly making hot drinks and can't just stop to take orders.

And they're like  ;D 2 cappucinos please. They don't even wait til it's convenient or til we ask " can we help you ? " ...

But I take your point - and most of the time we do tell them that we come to them when we're ready and to take a seat. :)

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #3678 on: August 10, 2015, 02:33:24 PM »
I also think it speaks to a really unfortunate attitude a lot of customers (people) have, that is that they are more important than all the other customers (people).

Quickly, stop serving customers who came in before me and attend to my needs immediately! Those other people don't matter!

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3679 on: August 10, 2015, 03:06:39 PM »
I also think it speaks to a really unfortunate attitude a lot of customers (people) have, that is that they are more important than all the other customers (people).

Quickly, stop serving customers who came in before me and attend to my needs immediately! Those other people don't matter!

Well, I'm not going that far - believe me there are a lot of rude people in the world - but the notion that the customer should make an evaluation of the capacity of the working staff to serve them and act accordingly makes no sense to me.  I think Kowtowboy answered the question correctly: "Have a seat/wait for a seat, and we'll be right with you!"

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3680 on: August 10, 2015, 03:57:56 PM »

Things that piss me off:  when people hop on easy soundbite tropes.  THIS pope did no such thing and in fact has stepped up (for the most part).  It should also be noted that the incidence of this particular crime is still less than in the general population (even estimating for those cases that have gone unreported).

Why should that be noted? It almost gives off the impression that they're swell chaps for being less rapey than the rest of society. At their position, even one incident ever is truly way too much since they're supposed to be the people children trust third-most right behind God and their parents.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Calvin6s

« Reply #3681 on: August 10, 2015, 04:36:51 PM »
Well, now that we are talking about outrage over sexual situations of those in charge and those they are responsible for:  teachers.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3682 on: August 10, 2015, 07:57:09 PM »

You're a service person.   I don't get that mentality.   I supposed there is a common courtesy element.   But they come to be SERVED.  By you, the SERVICE person.  How can you possibly be pissed at them for coming in and expected exactly what you're supposed to provide?

If the server is busy at that moment, you don't get rude and interrupt them; you wait for your turn like everyone else.  THAT is common courtesy. 

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #3683 on: August 10, 2015, 10:57:55 PM »
Madden 15.
And I subject anybody nearby to a bitchfest the entire time so I probably piss them off  :lol

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3684 on: August 11, 2015, 12:50:02 AM »
Fitted sheets. They never seem fit the size of mattress they are meant to. Every morning I wake up with half my mattress exposed.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3685 on: August 11, 2015, 01:03:23 AM »
Fitted sheets. They never seem fit the size of mattress they are meant to. Every morning I wake up with half my mattress exposed.

Yep. Every damn morning.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #3686 on: August 11, 2015, 03:06:39 AM »

Why should that be noted? It almost gives off the impression that they're swell chaps for being less rapey than the rest of society. At their position, even one incident ever is truly way too much since they're supposed to be the people children trust third-most right behind God and their parents.

Only pope I like is this one:

From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3687 on: August 11, 2015, 06:29:33 AM »

Because it should.   Maybe it'll stop the bumper-sticker, Twatter-type comments above that bring nothing to the table and don't advance the conversation one bit.    Perhaps you're one of those people that automatically assume that as soon as "church" comes into the equation, people have to all of a sudden be perfect.  I'm not; I believe man to be fallible in all his forms and roles.   So to me, that they are "less rapey" (???) is significant, because it means that they are at least trying to be better than the general population, and it provides more data for the dialogue about how do we stop this in general?  (Personally, I think you're born a pedophile, just like you're born to any other sexual predilection). 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3688 on: August 11, 2015, 06:31:47 AM »

If the server is busy at that moment, you don't get rude and interrupt them; you wait for your turn like everyone else.  THAT is common courtesy.

I didn't say that, and with that I agree. Common courtesy all around.   But I read the OP as saying - in effect - that the customer ought to come in, assess the situation, decide if the server is busy, adjudicate whether there is adequate seating or not, etc., and the server was therefore entitled to get pissed if that was not done to his satisfaction.   

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3689 on: August 11, 2015, 07:32:32 AM »

Because it should.   Maybe it'll stop the bumper-sticker, Twatter-type comments above that bring nothing to the table and don't advance the conversation one bit.    Perhaps you're one of those people that automatically assume that as soon as "church" comes into the equation, people have to all of a sudden be perfect.  I'm not; I believe man to be fallible in all his forms and roles.   So to me, that they are "less rapey" (???) is significant, because it means that they are at least trying to be better than the general population, and it provides more data for the dialogue about how do we stop this in general?  (Personally, I think you're born a pedophile, just like you're born to any other sexual predilection).

Well, they brought those comments on themselves by sweeping the crumbs under the rug for decades. It's shitty that thousands of people are denied the ability to move in and out of their living/working area for a few hours simply because the pope or who ever was responsible for that self-centered decision to lock down the city couldn't just have an event at a convention center like a normal person.

And nice exaggeration claiming that people expecting religious figures not to molest children equals them expecting perfection. Also, even if your assumption as to how people are born holds any water whatsoever, it doesn't even remotely justify the molestation since virtually everyone in society is attracted to some sort of human being varying by age, gender, etc. and the vast majority avoid touching others without consent. The fact that these were trusting, naive, vulnerable children is probably why a good chunk of society continues to make these jokes.

This will be my last comment on this matter since the thread's derailing into P/R.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3690 on: August 11, 2015, 08:10:43 AM »

Well, they brought those comments on themselves by sweeping the crumbs under the rug for decades. It's shitty that thousands of people are denied the ability to move in and out of their living/working area for a few hours simply because the pope or who ever was responsible for that self-centered decision to lock down the city couldn't just have an event at a convention center like a normal person.

Having lived in that particular city, I can tell you, this has nothing to do with the Pope.  I can remember the security during the primaries and after the election, and while they didn't "close" the city like this, Hillary Clinton caused the same amount of disruption.

And nice exaggeration claiming that people expecting religious figures not to molest children equals them expecting perfection. Also, even if your assumption as to how people are born holds any water whatsoever, it doesn't even remotely justify the molestation since virtually everyone in society is attracted to some sort of human being varying by age, gender, etc. and the vast majority avoid touching others without consent. The fact that these were trusting, naive, vulnerable children is probably why a good chunk of society continues to make these jokes.

So no one has ever called a religious leader that sinned a "hypocrite"?  Not Jim and Tammy (remember them?)?  Never happened?  Not any of the politicians that ran on a platform in synch with the religious right?  Newt didn't take any guff for being a "hypocrite" for having an affair? 

Not suggesting that what those animals did was right or should be overlooked, but I am saying that the response ought to be more reasoned and intelligent than a Twitter quip that lumps all of that organization in as if they were the predator.  And THIS Pope swept nothing under the carpet as far as I know.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3691 on: August 11, 2015, 08:36:14 AM »
I commented about the pope and you're diluting the conversation by throwing politicians and televangelists into the mix. You're arguing against a group of people you disagree with rather than sticking to what you and I were discussing. I also said "the pope or who ever was responsible for that self-centered decision to lock down the city" so I made it pretty clear I was only blaming him for that if he was indeed the person making that request, or ultimately, decision.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3692 on: August 11, 2015, 09:25:45 AM »
I commented about the pope and you're diluting the conversation by throwing politicians and televangelists into the mix. You're arguing against a group of people you disagree with rather than sticking to what you and I were discussing. I also said "the pope or who ever was responsible for that self-centered decision to lock down the city" so I made it pretty clear I was only blaming him for that if he was indeed the person making that request, or ultimately, decision.

I'm sorry I didn't respond in a way that is satisfactory to you.

My point was simple: I was responding to the comment about the pope, not the city.  The Pope didn't diddle those kids, the current Pope didn't hide the diddling, and the blanket reference to the entire organization is akin to the common (and wrong, in my opinion) blanketing of religious figures as hypocrites every time they step even remotely afoul of expectations.

This is the "Pissed Off" thread; it pisses me off when people make those types of snarky comments, so I'm on topic. 

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3693 on: August 11, 2015, 09:49:11 AM »
Rather than the general populace I think what would be more useful for discussing this issue would be to compare numbers with A) The clergy of other christian denominations and other religions and B) Other authority figures (teachers, coaches, cops, etc). There is an expectation when given authority that you won't use it to abuse people.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3694 on: August 11, 2015, 11:18:30 AM »
There is an expectation when given authority that you won't use it to abuse people.
Authority is ALWAYS used to abuse people.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3695 on: August 11, 2015, 11:50:49 AM »
I don't disagree, but you're not *supposed* to do that :lol

And you're certainly not supposed to rape people.

I just mean that as authority figures their number of rapes had better damn well be below the general populace. Higher than zero is still unacceptable,  of course. I think that rather than comparing them to the general populace it would be more useful to compare rates of abuse between catholic priests and other authority figures.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3696 on: August 11, 2015, 01:04:24 PM »
That's fair. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3697 on: August 19, 2015, 08:45:44 AM »
When your bosses at work constantly say " take the initiative " to you ...

..Then scold you for doing anything that isn't your job.

make up your FUCKING MIND.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3698 on: August 19, 2015, 08:46:38 AM »
There is an expectation when given authority that you won't use it to abuse people.
Authority is ALWAYS used to abuse people.

Yes. Give people 1% of power and they abuse the shit out of it.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3699 on: August 19, 2015, 02:02:04 PM »
When my boss used to ask me to do something crazy (like asking if I would come in at work from 3a-5a, then work again am from 7a-3p)...  and when I say no, he'd say I need to be a team player.

Luckily he (this was a while back) say that shit anymore.

But now I do. Sarcastically.

"You don't wanna pull 3 back to back 12 hour shifts in a row with only 8 hours between shifts? Jeeze you really should learn to be a team player!"

Yea I'm an asshole
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3700 on: August 30, 2015, 12:17:30 PM »
Have I said this one ?

When your colleague purposefully goes out drinking to get pissed on a work night then just complains about being hungover all the next day.

Whose fault is that ?

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3701 on: September 02, 2015, 08:45:03 AM »
That's what alcohol does.  Turns brains to mush.  I call it liquid retardation.  Those people can't be reasoned with.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #3702 on: September 02, 2015, 07:29:52 PM »
Papal visits. Apparently they are shutting down my city

[/URL]

Dude....shit is going to be out of control.
They're already talking about traffic clusterfuckery in parts of Jersey (where I live) too- such a pain in my ass.

I made a campaign to just go away for that weekend but since we can't really afford to go anywhere right now, it looks like we're just going to hibernate at home and not go ANYWHERE for 3 days.
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3703 on: September 03, 2015, 05:09:48 AM »
Have I said this one ?

When your colleague purposefully goes out drinking to get pissed on a work night then just complains about being hungover all the next day.

Whose fault is that ?

My logic is, if you knew you had to work the next day, and you still got hammered to where you still feel like dog meat at work that next day, don't ask me to feel sorry for you.  Granted, I rarely drink liquor anymore, so I haven't been that guy in a long time, but still, even when I did drink often, I was usually really good about not overdoing it on nights where I knew I had to work the next day. I was never a heavy drinker anymore, in the sense that I used to drink often, but often just a couple drinks when I'd be hanging with some buddies or something (usually barely enough to get even get a buzz, much less enough to be hammered or even over the legal limit).

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3704 on: September 03, 2015, 05:25:38 AM »
I don't drink so my version of that would be staying up late when I know I have work in a few hours.

*Sometimes* you can feel perfectly fine then get really tired suddenly after work.

I find that colder showers, a lot of stretching - lots of shower water directly in the eyes and goood coffee helps for most of it.

:D

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3705 on: September 03, 2015, 08:48:47 AM »
When iTunes FUCKING REFUSES to attach artwork to an album.

Oh My Fucking God so much rage.

Or when you drag and drop artwork onto an album - and it attaches the artwork to every song but one :| :| :|  >:( >:( >:(

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3706 on: September 03, 2015, 10:32:31 PM »
Motherfuckers that leave trash in your car. Put the fuckin shit in your pocket or if it's too big hold it and throw it away later.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3707 on: September 09, 2015, 06:50:30 AM »
People like this mother really piss me off.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mom-cells-book-pornographic_55ef1340e4b002d5c076c412

Henrietta Lacks has too much graphic information for her 15-year-old son and should not have been assigned as summer reading.

"I consider the book pornographic," Jackie Sims told WBIR-Knoxville. "There's so many ways to say things without being graphic in nature, and that's the problem I have with the book."

The book, by science writer Rebecca Skloot, details the true story of a poor black tobacco farmer whose cervical cancer cells were taken without her knowledge in 1951. The cells, which scientists referred to as HeLa, went on to become a vital tool in medicine, helping to develop the polio vaccine, in vitro fertilization and other major scientific breakthroughs.

Your son is 15. If he has had access to the internet without your supervision for more than 5 minutes, odds are he has already jerked off to stuff that would make your head spin.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3708 on: September 09, 2015, 08:28:30 AM »
When your bosses at work "jokingly" make you look bad in front of customers.

The other day - I took a table's order and took it to my boss who was on drinks duty and said " a pot of tea for two " and he clearly responded and repeated what i'd said.

A little later - he stops me and says " Why have that table not got any drinks ? "

And I said " because you're on drinks duty ? "

And he goes " So why do i not know anything about this ? "

And I hold up the piece of paper with their order on and say " If you don't know anything about it - why have you already written down what they owe on it ? "

And he gets all embarrassed and flustered and goes " yes alright alright " and changes the subject.

:lol

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #3709 on: September 14, 2015, 03:47:21 AM »
6+ hours in NHL 15 and nothing at all to show for it. Game would not save my file.

Fucking disgusted with my life right now. Fucking wasted my night, and I had everything going the way I wanted it to finally at the end.
So fucking pissed.
 :censored :censored :censored :censored :censored :censored :censored :censored :censored