Author Topic: Things that piss me off  (Read 503553 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: Things that piss me off
« Reply #630 on: September 05, 2013, 11:16:05 PM »
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #631 on: September 06, 2013, 03:05:43 PM »
When people are wearing sports wear(jerseys, tshirts, hats, etc), band shirts or hats, and have no fucking clue who it's even for. Kid was wearing a San Jose Sharks hat today in class, so I asked him what he thought of the team going into the season, and he was just like "Oh...uh this is a hockey team? I don't watch hockey, I just thought it looked cool"

Sure they're in all technicality repping said team/band wearing their stuff, but it just leads to fucking awful encounters like  that and it just pisses me off.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #632 on: September 06, 2013, 04:16:24 PM »
I too find that annoying  :censored :censored :censored
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #633 on: September 06, 2013, 04:17:40 PM »
I do that.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #634 on: September 06, 2013, 07:09:23 PM »
In general, or am I ranting about a person specifically who also goes to DTF  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #635 on: September 07, 2013, 04:34:37 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #636 on: September 07, 2013, 04:39:19 AM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #637 on: September 07, 2013, 04:42:44 AM »
The Big Bang Theory.

It's fucking rubbish.

It's just not funny and there's canned laughter over almost every line - whether it was supposed to be a joke or not.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #638 on: September 07, 2013, 04:45:20 AM »
Oh,  I like the show but it is made for a specific type of person so I can understand the hate but I still like it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #640 on: September 07, 2013, 04:52:23 AM »
With those types of show - no matter how bad they are - sometimes there's a good joke or two per episode.

But I don't think TBBT has ever made me laugh ever. ???

FYI - I love Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Friends, Frasier. . . So i'm not against American sitcoms in general.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #641 on: September 07, 2013, 04:55:03 AM »
I don't know, I think it's pretty funny whenever I watch it.  I just don't love it enough to make a point to watch it all the time.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #642 on: September 07, 2013, 05:43:29 AM »
I could probably watch that show if not for the tall one (I don't remember any of their names). He just pisses me off too much for it to be watchable.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #643 on: September 07, 2013, 08:34:24 AM »
I could probably watch that show if not for the tall one (I don't remember any of their names). He just pisses me off too much for it to be watchable.

Sheldon?
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #644 on: September 07, 2013, 08:43:18 AM »
He's the cliche annoying camp one in the sitcom rulebook.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #645 on: September 07, 2013, 08:44:31 AM »
I've seen some TBBT, but I don't think I'd watch it all the time if I could (I work second shift, so prime time TV is out of the question).
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #646 on: September 07, 2013, 06:06:18 PM »
case closed.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 05:03:59 AM by Kotowboy »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #647 on: September 07, 2013, 06:07:01 PM »
case closed.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 05:04:12 AM by Kotowboy »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #648 on: September 08, 2013, 05:02:08 AM »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #649 on: September 08, 2013, 05:14:01 AM »
" ooh dear it's a bit cold out isn't it ? "

It's Winter  :facepalm:. it happens every year without fail and people still act shocked

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #650 on: September 08, 2013, 07:00:10 AM »
Back on Coz's football rant:

The NFL Signs TV Deals Worth $27 Billion

And that's just the NFL.  College is just as lucrative I'm sure.

60 Minutes or Dateline can't possibly be that important to you! :jets:  None of the rest of Sunday afternoon/evening programming is generating that kind of money.  It's called supply and demand my friend.  Furthermore, in this day and age, with YouTube, DVR time-shifting, Torrents, and On-Demand, there's no reason to miss any "regularly scheduled programming".  I normally agree with you on most topics, but in this case ....

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #651 on: September 08, 2013, 12:17:50 PM »
" ooh dear it's a bit cold out isn't it ? "

It's Winter  :facepalm:. it happens every year without fail and people still act shocked

I wish. Here comes another week of almost 100 degree weather. :(

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #652 on: September 08, 2013, 01:14:24 PM »
It just annoys me that people in the UK complain about it getting cold IN FUCKING WINTER.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #653 on: September 08, 2013, 01:15:35 PM »
It just annoys me that people in the UK complain about it getting cold IN FUCKING WINTER.
Eh, everyone does it, I mean I love Winter, but most people don't, so they complain about it.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #654 on: September 08, 2013, 01:17:41 PM »
But they act like it's a new thing.

:o Bloody hell it's cold out there isn't it ! "

NO SHIT SHERLOCK.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #655 on: September 08, 2013, 02:54:46 PM »
Or when people complain it's hot in Texas.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #656 on: September 09, 2013, 09:07:43 AM »

60 Minutes or Dateline can't possibly be that important to you! :lol  None of the rest of Sunday afternoon/evening programming is generating that kind of money.  It's called supply and demand my friend.  Furthermore, in this day and age, with YouTube, DVR time-shifting, Torrents, and On-Demand, there's no reason to miss any "regularly scheduled programming".  I normally agree with you on most topics, but in this case ....

DVR's record the time slot the show is supposed to be on, so if it's delayed, you end up getting a recording with the end of the episode missing.

Constant pre-empting of the schedule is part of what killed Futurama when it was on Fox.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #657 on: September 09, 2013, 10:31:14 AM »

60 Minutes or Dateline can't possibly be that important to you! :lol  None of the rest of Sunday afternoon/evening programming is generating that kind of money.  It's called supply and demand my friend.  Furthermore, in this day and age, with YouTube, DVR time-shifting, Torrents, and On-Demand, there's no reason to miss any "regularly scheduled programming".  I normally agree with you on most topics, but in this case ....

DVR's record the time slot the show is supposed to be on, so if it's delayed, you end up getting a recording with the end of the episode missing.

Constant pre-empting of the schedule is part of what killed Futurama when it was on Fox.

Yep.  I don't care.  For lots of people, there is nothing more important than football on TV and I DO understand that and I'm not saying "DON'T AIR FOOTBALL!!".  But lots of people AREN'T football fans.  It's just kind of irritating that because football > everything else in the known universe, something they like to watch gets pushed back so that, as ZB noted, your DVR ends up with something entirely NOT what you intended to record - you miss the end of it, or you only get the first half hour, or whatever.  YouTube, Torrents, On-Demand, whatever.  I give all of them the finger.  Let me watch TV shows when they're supposed to be on, not whenver you get around to it after fellating football fans all day.  Same goes for when shows are pushed back due to basketball, golf, or even tennis (yesterday).  I pretty much hate sports in general and always have.  Football is usually just the biggest offender.  I know people don't appreciate or agree with my viewpoint on this, and that's fine, I understand.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #658 on: September 09, 2013, 12:29:31 PM »
Twitter every Monday : " is it Friday yet ? :( :( :( :( "

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #659 on: September 09, 2013, 01:00:16 PM »
I understand being upset about football delaying things you want to watch.  I've had the same thing happen to me with sports that I don't like, such as baseball, racing, tennis, or golf.

But they are live events, that make TONS of money.  So it won't ever change.  It isn't that the other shows don't matter to the networks, they just don't matter nearly as much.  If they didn't matter at all, they wouldn't get delayed, they would just get dropped.

If it's a known problem, just plan accordingly and don't set your DVR on football days.  Or catch your show on On Demand or something.  Because football (and the other sports) aren't going away.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #660 on: September 09, 2013, 01:13:23 PM »
Oh, I know it.  It WON'T change and I understand.  We make the concessions we have to, sometimes not watching programming til the next day.  It's the nature of the beast, I know.  Doesn't make me any less irritated over it.  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #661 on: September 09, 2013, 01:21:07 PM »
I understand.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #662 on: September 09, 2013, 04:51:25 PM »
Coz's rants can be summed up in one emot - :getoffmylawn:

My comment on DVRs btw was in conjunction with time-shifting... so the show can be recorded when it's on later, while Coz is busy playing slap-and-tickle with Mrs Coz.

Man, it's like complaining that it's cold in winter, or hot in Texas.   :D ;) ;)  It's been this way forever, so why non-sports fans used to it?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #663 on: September 10, 2013, 09:32:47 AM »
Twitter every Monday : " is it Friday yet ? :( :( :( :( "

Worse yet, teachers complaining about having to go back to work.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #664 on: September 10, 2013, 09:35:41 AM »
When a band is on an incompetent label.
Band I was looking forward to hearing a new release from's label is being a total fuckwad, album is still listed as unavailable on their website, so I can't order it, and it's nowhere online to buy at all.