Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 212668 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Wrestling - Summer of Punk II
« Reply #385 on: August 23, 2011, 12:12:21 PM »
The funniest bit was the crowd throwing Cena's shirt back to him TWICE.  Even funnier was Punk throwing his shirt to the same spot that had thrown Cena's back after the first time.  And near the end, on the close-up on Punk, you can see him mouth, "They didn't throw my shirt back." :lol :lol :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQszihug-qA&feature=player_embedded

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: Short answer? Nopers.
« Reply #386 on: August 23, 2011, 12:57:44 PM »
Matt Hardy was released from TNA after being arrested on DUI charges.

:facepalm:

Man, he just can't break out of his brother's shadow in anything, can he?
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #387 on: August 23, 2011, 01:13:57 PM »
The funniest bit was the crowd throwing Cena's shirt back to him TWICE.  Even funnier was Punk throwing his shirt to the same spot that had thrown Cena's back after the first time.  And near the end, on the close-up on Punk, you can see him mouth, "They didn't throw my shirt back." :lol :lol :lol

That bit was awesome! The whole crowd was crazy last night.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #388 on: August 23, 2011, 04:52:11 PM »
The funniest bit was the crowd throwing Cena's shirt back to him TWICE.  Even funnier was Punk throwing his shirt to the same spot that had thrown Cena's back after the first time.  And near the end, on the close-up on Punk, you can see him mouth, "They didn't throw my shirt back." :lol :lol :lol

:lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jimbosile

« Reply #389 on: August 23, 2011, 08:43:45 PM »
Even if you hate the guy, that's still some pretty good memorabilia. I'm sure you could get a fair price for it on ebay.

Offline Beautiful Agony

• My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #390 on: August 25, 2011, 09:24:16 AM »
Professional wrestler Matt Hardy was charged Saturday with driving while impaired after his car hit a tree in Moore County, the State Highway Patrol said.

The crash happened at 12:46 p.m. about a half mile south of Vass, Trooper B.J. Smith said.

Hardy, 36, of the 300 block of Boys Camp Road in Cameron, was driving south in his 2009 Chevrolet Corvette when it ran off the road and struck a culvert and a tree, Smith said. Hardy was not injured, according to Smith.

Hardy had not been drinking, Smith said, but appeared to have taken some type of impairing substance.

Hardy submitted to a blood test, Smith said.

Speed was a factor, as well, Smith said. Hardy was traveling more than 55 mph but less than 70 mph, Smith said.

Hardy has wrestled for World Wrestling Entertainment and most recently was working for Total Nonstop Action. A two-sentence statement on the TNA website Monday says Hardy, who was already on suspension, has been released from the TNA roster.

Hardy is scheduled to appear in court Sept. 28.

I also found this,

Another Matt Hardy Story

Mic if you print this can you please withhold my name?

After reading about what happened with Matt Hardy yesterday, I surfed the internet and saw what many fans were saying. Matt Hardy is a drug addict. Matt Hardy is a loser. Matt Hardy is a liar. I have been to Matt Hardy's home several times and have seen the real Matt Hardy. Matt Hardy is loved. Matt Hardy is genuine. Matt Hardy is generous.

I am writing this because I fear for the man's life. It is no secret that the Hardy Boyz are going down a dangerous path full of prescription pills, illegal drugs and copious amounts of alcohol consumption.

The North Carolina wrestling scene is centered around the Hardy Boyz. These guys look out for the guys coming up. Every year, they have a Christmas party where they invite everyone in the business, whether you have 1 year or 20 years in, to come celebrate. The parties are wild, but the Hardyz go out of their way to say hi to everyone. No one is excluded, an indy wrestler is welcomed and greeted as if they were a TV name.

Last year's Christmas party was when I seriously wanted to say something, but the man has treated me well so I bit my lip. After reading his most recent news, I wanted to get this out there for his real friends to process.

At last year's Christmas party, Matt Hardy was openly taking drugs and getting hammered on booze. A bunch of us were downstairs shooting the shit then all of a sudden we heard this huge CRASH. We all ran to the sound of the noise, and what we saw was Matt Hardy laying in a pile of glass like he was one of those untrained death match guys. Matt Hardy was so fucked up on drugs and booze that he fell through a glass coffee table. While cut up and bloody, he was ok. Fortunately he suffered no serious damage.

After nearly killing himself and becoming a news story for wrestling sites, the party resumed like nothing happened. That is when I realized Matt's closest friends are his biggest enablers. Instead of taking a step back and saying "Wow, you almost killed yourself, we may have a problem here", I saw Matt's friends giving him more shots and more pills.

My point is that Matt is a great guy but will get no help from his friends. Some of his friends are stooges that don't dare talk back or question Matt. Matt takes care of people and in return expects not to be questioned.

Matt needs tough love. He has a ring rat girlfriend who has told people she is with him for her career. No sane woman would allow themselves to get tazed and beat up by drug addicted men 15 years her senior. She said her name is always mentioned with his and it's a form of advertising. Matt needs to stop tasering women, re-evaluate his life and stop giving us Jeff Hardy updates. The only difference for a long period of time between Jeff & Matt was that Jeff's problems became public.j Brother Jeff is just as open and cool as Matt, but together, they are destructive together.

I am writing this in the hopes that if people really consider themselves a friend of Hardy, and many will tell you they are here, then please talk to Matt and get him help. We don't need another obituary. IT WILL BE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO CAN HELP HIM NOW THAT WILL BE WRITING TEAR JERKING CONDOLENCES AND POSTING THEIR CROCODILE TEARS USING MATT HARDY'S DEATH AS A WAY OF ADVANCING THEIR OWN CAREERS.

Matt Hardy needs to put the twitter down, the youtube down and really needs his friends to stand up for him. All this enabling will lead Matt to an early grave but tough love could be the turning point for this well-hearted person.

Get well Matt, I pray for you.
-Just a no name indy wrestler.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #391 on: August 25, 2011, 11:53:49 AM »
My brother was coming down from speed (meth) while driving and hit two school buses on separate occasions within the same hour...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #392 on: September 21, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
Major LOL at Del Rio's title reign being less than a month.  He'll be busted down to the mid-card and jobbing to the real main eventers by the time the new years rolls around. :tup :tup

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #393 on: September 21, 2011, 07:51:44 PM »
Major LOL at Del Rio's title reign being less than a month.  He'll be busted down to the mid-card and jobbing to the real main eventers by the time the new years rolls around. :tup :tup
Except, he'll win the title in the Hell in a Cell PPV.

Count on it.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #394 on: October 02, 2011, 10:19:23 PM »
And I was right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #395 on: October 03, 2011, 01:41:27 PM »
Oy.  I really thought they had something good with Punk there for a while, but with this Del Rio nonsense and HHH putting himself front and center in the middle of the biggest storyline going, they are about to lose me again.  I am already watching a lot less now with MNF always the priority over freaking wrestling, but if this crap continues, I won't bother watching anymore in the winter once football ends.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #396 on: October 05, 2011, 03:12:10 PM »
Once AGAIN HHH managed to bury Punk when he didnt need to, and as of monday he turned everyone on the roster heel.
Fucking HHH he is a Bury/AMIGOINGOVER machine.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #397 on: October 06, 2011, 10:16:06 AM »
Well, there's apparently a big push coming for Punk where he will take the title from Del Rio and run with it for the rest of the year. So I'm guessing after the WWE comes back from the Mexico tour, this push will begin.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #398 on: October 21, 2011, 09:50:15 AM »
The Scott Hall story:

https://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7124904&categoryid=2378529

It's about 18 minutes.  And not easy to watch at times.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #399 on: October 21, 2011, 09:55:41 AM »
I was just coming in to post about it, having just watched it.

About that producer that shoved him out there, yeah that was a very asshole, dick move, but I think it should've worked as a catalyst to get better, a wake up call. It's sad to see someone as great as he was turn into this.

A real life Randy "The Ram" Robinson for sure.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #400 on: October 21, 2011, 10:00:31 AM »
About that producer that shoved him out there, yeah that was a very asshole, dick move,

I disagree.  The promoter was in a tough spot.  Hall had demanded his money up front, and if he doesn't have Hall go out there, he has to give everyone a refund and takes a major loss on the night.  That is on Hall, not the promoter.  Sean Waltman getting pissed about that was funny, as he was known for screwing over promoters in the past.  I read a story once where he demanded his money up front from the promoter, and then no-showed the event, so he could take off with a drug dealer and get hammered that night.

Also, I read that the reunion between Hall and his son is already over.  It lasted less than a month, they are no longer on speaking terms again, and the son has given up the idea of becoming a wrestler.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #401 on: October 21, 2011, 10:03:31 AM »
Well, I meant in a human, "holy-shit-you're-so-high" way, business-wise I understand completely why he did it.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #402 on: November 14, 2011, 06:34:24 PM »
WWE unmasks Incognito and now they give him a stereotypical Mexican cholo character?!?! :facepalm:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #403 on: December 17, 2011, 07:40:55 AM »
Does Tony Atlas have the best laugh ever or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL5BYH_INlc

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #404 on: December 17, 2011, 02:18:05 PM »
The Scott Hall story:

https://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7124904&categoryid=2378529

It's about 18 minutes.  And not easy to watch at times.

Razor Ramon/ Scott Hall was one of my favorite wrestlers growing up. Its really a shame. Very cool documentary though. 

For anyone interested, here is perhaps my favorite shoot on the internet, with Nash and Hall. They talk about the beginning of their careers, their time in the WWF, the birth of the NWO and just some really funny road stories. Its really cool.

https://www.justin.tv/frankyknuklz/b/278341055

Its 2 hours, but I promise its worth watching.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #405 on: December 17, 2011, 03:56:41 PM »
I'm shocked that we're the day before a PPV and Cena isn't booked in any match.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline John94

« Reply #406 on: December 17, 2011, 04:12:08 PM »
Anyone else not feeling the new mask on Kane? It looks cool and all but it is missing some black on there IMO. Hopefully he turns into the monster again.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #407 on: December 17, 2011, 04:54:34 PM »
Anyone else not feeling the new mask on Kane? It looks cool and all but it is missing some black on there IMO. Hopefully he turns into the monster again.

Yeah, I'm definitely not feeling it. Something about it, is just off...  and the outfit leaves a lot to be desired, IMO.

I remember the night they took the mask off and he had of that black paint/tar all over his face. I died a little that night, since I used to love Kane back in the day, but they really took away a lot of the mystique by showing his face.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 05:03:26 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #408 on: December 17, 2011, 07:00:10 PM »
Agreed, to me they destroyed his character when they made him take his mask off!

Also, I'm very happy that Cena isn't book on anything and hope it stays that way!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:12:09 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #409 on: December 18, 2011, 08:01:47 AM »
No Cena? When was the last time that happened?!?

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #410 on: December 18, 2011, 08:44:32 PM »
Also, I'm very happy that Cena isn't book on anything and hope it stays that way!

I'm pretty ambivalent about him not being on the card (I think he gets too much hate from the internet cool kid fans), but it's shocking that essentially the face of your company is a healthy scratch from a PPV.

Congratulations to Daniel Bryan and Zach Ryder for winning titles tonight :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #411 on: December 18, 2011, 09:02:59 PM »
Did anyone see the Triple H/Nash match? How much did Triple H had to carry Nash?

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #412 on: December 18, 2011, 09:08:08 PM »
Did anyone see the Triple H/Nash match? How much did Triple H had to carry Nash?

Didn't see it, but the live report I skimmed just said it wasn't a bad match all things considered.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline John94

« Reply #413 on: December 19, 2011, 02:42:21 PM »
Arguably the best PPV of the year for me.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #414 on: December 19, 2011, 02:45:33 PM »
Granted, I only was able to catch the last match of the PPV... but pretty hard to top the MITB PPV.

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #415 on: December 19, 2011, 04:36:21 PM »
Granted, I only was able to catch the last match of the PPV... but pretty hard to top the MITB PPV.

I'd say they're both even for me. Good couple of moments in the last match especially. Ricardo and the ladder for one. How quick were the refs in there when they saw him miss his landing? :lol
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #416 on: December 27, 2011, 03:23:35 AM »
The WWE fucked up BIG TIME with Bryan.
Bryan vs Henry @WMania could have been an instant classic, the underdog with FIGHTING SPIRITUUU~ VS the big, dominant, unstoppable Champion. Having promos with Bryan getting ready for WM and what not, He could have even lost and still look like a million bucks.
Instead we got Henry vs WELLLL IS THE BIG SHOOOOOW like what? 3 or 4 times? Making Henry look like a bitch, making Bryan look like a bitch and Making Big Show the one to stop Henry... YES. The fuckin' Big Show, NO not Sheamus, Not Kane not even Randy Boreton, BIG SHOW. just to take the tittle away from him under 10 minutes.
Bryan could have cashed in on Henry, Henry didn't need to lose to the fucking Big Show he had the best heel tittle reign in YEARS. and after this RAW nothing they did at TLC with the WHC match makes any sense.
/Rant

Anyways I'm happy for Bryan but everything could have been so much better.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #417 on: December 27, 2011, 08:24:46 AM »
This is the time, between Survivor Series and Royal Rumble, where McMahon tries out new main eventers, remember? Foley in '99, Jericho in '01, Evolution in '03, Edge in '06, Sheamus in '09 and Miz in '10.

It also means, he would probably have a short title run, as most of those guys did...

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #418 on: December 30, 2011, 07:25:28 AM »
Yes I know, and thats even worse.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #419 on: December 30, 2011, 07:08:21 PM »
Looking forward to seeing who those weird promo videos are for on Monday...
Photobucket sucks.