Author Topic: Symphony X thread!  (Read 321915 times)

Offline gzarruk

Re: Symphony X thread!
« Reply #2870 on: February 14, 2024, 02:01:44 PM »
Did they ever start recording a new album? Or they were just "making progress on it" indefinitely?
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #2871 on: February 15, 2024, 03:44:17 AM »
If Crimson Glory can put out a new song, so can Symphony X. But it may take one more decade or so.

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #2872 on: February 16, 2024, 04:55:01 PM »
Did they ever start recording a new album? Or they were just "making progress on it" indefinitely?

I haven't heard anything.  They release albums at a Metallica pace without the commercial success.

Offline PintoZ

« Reply #2873 on: April 08, 2024, 08:25:25 AM »
Here's "The Death of Balance / Lacrymosa" all overdubbed with French Horn and Trumpet ! 😃
(+ an entire choir 🤘)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCLEuYXnN_g

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #2874 on: April 30, 2024, 12:39:47 PM »
European Tour Dates announced, only two in Tilburg and London so far.
Never seen them live, so I will be in Tilburg. Considering their pace of recording and touring I'm not skipping this one.

Next day is Haken and I'm still thinking about the other Haken show in The Netherlands. Nice week ahead in september.

https://www.songkick.com/artists/338873-symphony-x/calendar

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #2875 on: May 13, 2024, 01:26:09 PM »
they have 2 shows in NL! Going to see them in 013.

I've never been to the smaller hall there, so kinda cool to see them in such a setting. I saw them once on a festival in 2004, so looking forward to finally seeing a normal concert from them!

Offline krands85

« Reply #2876 on: May 13, 2024, 07:06:51 PM »
DT, Haken and Symphony X only have 4 UK dates between them and none in Scotland  :'(
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2877 on: Today at 06:43:39 AM »
Went to the show last night in StL. I know that these guys haven’t put out new music in a while and they’re basically just playing the same songs as the last time I saw them……but I don’t care. Show was awesome…..Russel Allen is the frontman of all frontman. Such a stage presence.

He admitted after the first couple songs that he had a sinus infection and was gonna battle through it but outside of a note or two you’d never have known. Romero was Romero and they all sounded great.

Two of my sons and two of their buddies got front row spot last right in front of Romero…..my oldest got a pick from him…..they had a blast!

I will never not go see them if they come through StL. Such a good show.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind