Author Topic: NFL 2024 season - v. Greatest Pats...and 31 other cool teams  (Read 7212 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: NFL 2024 season - v. Greatest Pats...and 31 other cool teams
« Reply #350 on: May 15, 2024, 11:05:11 AM »
I don't expect him to be good at it at all.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online faizoff

« Reply #351 on: May 15, 2024, 03:48:41 PM »
Leaks of the 2024 schedule indicates Netflix is getting the Christmas games.

Reportedly paying 150 million per game. That's kinda crazy.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online faizoff

« Reply #352 on: May 15, 2024, 07:31:51 PM »
Schedule officially out, Bucs get 4 prime time games.

Chargers social media team at it again posting the schedule as Sims characters... so many easter eggs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gt0v7iW890&ab_channel=LosAngelesChargers

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #353 on: May 16, 2024, 08:29:49 AM »
I don't expect him to be good at it at all.

I just hope he brings his knowledge to the game and doesn't try to be a "personality".  It's a fine line, and some don't balance it right; Romo started off by bringing his football acumen; now he's trying to be a "personality" and Jim Nantz is sucking him down the toilet.

Online faizoff

« Reply #354 on: May 16, 2024, 08:41:02 AM »
Romo was so much fun to listen to in the first couple of years.  I guess they all have to "evolve" into something more boombastic to stay current.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #355 on: May 16, 2024, 08:55:55 AM »
I just hope he brings his knowledge to the game and doesn't try to be a "personality".  It's a fine line, and some don't balance it right; Romo started off by bringing his football acumen; now he's trying to be a "personality" and Jim Nantz is sucking him down the toilet.
By and large a I agree, but Romo was always walking that line. Even when he just started off, and all of that football knowledge was on display, there were plenty of times when I just wanted him to STFU. He tried like hell to ruin the Pats/Chiefs playoff game, and he wasn't even lusting after Mahomes at that point.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #356 on: May 16, 2024, 09:22:37 AM »
Wow the Steelers last half of their schedule is legit the toughest I've ever seen. They play ALL 6 of their division games in the last 8 weeks of the season with 2 Super Bowl teams being the other 2 games (Chiefs, Eagles). They better go about 7-2 over their first nine or bye-bye playoff hopes.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #357 on: May 16, 2024, 11:27:10 AM »
The Eagles are a Super Bowl team?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #358 on: May 16, 2024, 12:09:32 PM »
The Eagles are a Super Bowl team?
I mean, they HAVE BEEN in the Super Bowl before.  Maybe that's the only metric being used?

In that case, the Panthers are also a Super Bowl team!  Yay!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #359 on: May 16, 2024, 12:47:11 PM »
I'm not sure a majority of their players or fans know how to spell Super Bowl.

EDIT:  Eagles, not Panthers.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #360 on: May 16, 2024, 12:57:21 PM »
I'm not sure a majority of their players or fans know how to spell Super Bowl.

EDIT:  Eagles, not Panthers.
I would also have accepted Panthers.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #361 on: May 16, 2024, 01:16:03 PM »
By and large a I agree, but Romo was always walking that line. Even when he just started off, and all of that football knowledge was on display, there were plenty of times when I just wanted him to STFU. He tried like hell to ruin the Pats/Chiefs playoff game, and he wasn't even lusting after Mahomes at that point.

Romo's problem, allegedly, is that he is lazy and doesn't do his homework.  That worked when he had first retired and started broadcasting because he was familiar with most of the players still, but most of the guys who were in the league when he was playing are now retired as well, so he is clueless about a lot of them, not to mention that he doesn't know when to shut up.  Him yapping non-stop after the Chiefs winning TD in the Super Bowl broke a cardinal rule of announcing.  In a moment like that, you let the play-by-play announcer make the call and then don't say anything for a good 20-30 seconds at least; let the moment speak for itself.  Go back to Auburn/Alabama when Auburn scored that winning TD off the missed FG. There was literally a minute of silence by the announcers as they let the moment and the roar of the crowd do the talking.  Romo is like the kid in school who always gets in trouble because he never knows how or when to keep his yap closed.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #362 on: May 16, 2024, 01:27:41 PM »
In a moment like that, you let the play-by-play announcer make the call and then don't say anything for a good 20-30 seconds at least; let the moment speak for itself.
Or, spend the next five minutes badmouthing the other coach for his play call.  :lol

My take on Romo is a bit different. It used to be that he had a wicked sharp understanding of defenses and play calling. The aforementioned Pat/Chief's game was a prefect example. Hoss Y Juke is well known now, but he was catching it in real time in all its variations. He was watching the game from Brady's perspective and knew what all the routes would be and which D player it would hinge on. I don't see that dissection of the game from him anymore. I'm wondering if that's the familiarity with the game that has passed him by. In any case, he does seem to be leaning more on his personality than his analysis, like Stadler said.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #363 on: May 16, 2024, 05:04:15 PM »
The Eagles were in the SB 2 years ago and were 10-1 last year when the wheels mysteriously fell off. Everyone says they still have the best roster in the league. They’ll be in the hunt for the SB again. But heck, fine, let’s call it a cakewalk game for the Steelers then.  :tup

Offline pg1067

« Reply #364 on: May 17, 2024, 11:42:41 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how much Jason Kelce's retirement affects the Eagles' offense.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #365 on: May 19, 2024, 01:37:18 PM »
Wow the Steelers last half of their schedule is legit the toughest I've ever seen. They play ALL 6 of their division games in the last 8 weeks of the season with 2 Super Bowl teams being the other 2 games (Chiefs, Eagles). They better go about 7-2 over their first nine or bye-bye playoff hopes.

Sorry guys, I meant to type Super Bowl CALIBER teams  :facepalm:. Usually proofread better than that.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #366 on: May 19, 2024, 01:50:28 PM »
The best division in the NFL.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC