Author Topic: Wolfking's Wonderful Winger roulette v.3 - Final results have come...  (Read 35947 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Wolfking's Wonderful Winger roulette v.3 - Final results have come...
« Reply #2695 on: May 13, 2024, 04:57:50 PM »
Honestly, I'm starting to see Wolfie's point with her.  I kind of get the criticism.  I love me some cheese, but that is just too... over the top.

I checked out that new song too (well, a minute of it), and holy shit it was bad.  The first song the other week I just kind of went, 'meh', but this one, dear lord!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2696 on: May 13, 2024, 04:59:45 PM »
It's not even the cheese that's the problem. It's the fact she is not a good singer and the music is so over the top bland and boring.

Her voice is just complete screeching and her dancing and choreography is just one of the most unattractive things I've seen.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2697 on: May 13, 2024, 05:00:37 PM »
All the positive comments on the videos too (as Bill mentioned) are also complete headscratchers and makes me hate the shit even more!

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2698 on: May 13, 2024, 06:51:47 PM »
Something in the Youtube algorithm has taken a hard 180 turn in the last few years, and it's becoming difficult to find videos with a substantial number of views that aren't just effusive praise, no matter how poor the content. 

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2699 on: May 14, 2024, 07:42:17 AM »
Her voice is just complete screeching and her dancing and choreography is just one of the most unattractive things I've seen.

that's just it for me; I can't really fathom what they're going for.  I get it, if you're going for the cheese, then embrace it, but I don't get the sense that that's the goal; it doesn't seem like they're in on the joke.  If they're not what's the end?  It's not sexy, it's not "fun" music...  I'm lost, frankly.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2700 on: May 14, 2024, 06:57:31 PM »
that's just it for me; I can't really fathom what they're going for.  I get it, if you're going for the cheese, then embrace it, but I don't get the sense that that's the goal; it doesn't seem like they're in on the joke.  If they're not what's the end?  It's not sexy, it's not "fun" music...  I'm lost, frankly.

That exactly sums up Frontiers downward trajectory over the years and this 'artist' is no exception.  It's almost satire or a parody of what the genre used to be about when it was good.  But it's not a parody done on purpose at all.  I think the label still thinks they are producing adequate material for the genre, completely oblivious to the fact it's watered down, horrible bullshit.  I wonder what the artists think.  I'm still convinced the comments are spewed out by AI or the company themselves, it can't be real fans of this stuff so putrid compared to what it used to be.

It's astounding guys like Magnus Karlsson are still contracted putting out records with them that still has credibility and are able to write decent music, but I think for those few left it would be a, 'meh, I'm getting paid to cycle some new songs out, so whatever.'

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2701 on: May 14, 2024, 09:35:59 PM »
What would be considered the best 5 or so albums from the Frontiers "golden age"?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2702 on: May 14, 2024, 10:13:20 PM »
The first Place Vendome album, for one.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2703 on: May 14, 2024, 10:23:01 PM »
Interesting question.  I'll do some looking back and have a think.

I agree with Tim though, that first PV album is incredible.  The other one that's a lock is Allen/Lande - The Battle.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #2704 on: May 15, 2024, 07:35:24 AM »
Thanks for having me, Kade.

It was pretty fun and I'm genuinely surprised and pleased by the way I fared.

I am happy if I have managed to point a couple of cozy taverns on your musical journey's highway.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2705 on: May 19, 2024, 01:07:53 AM »
Glad to have redeemed myself with those final two submissions.  If not for the stubbed toe with EVH, I may have been contending for the podium.

Interesting question.  I'll do some looking back and have a think.

I agree with Tim though, that first PV album is incredible.  The other one that's a lock is Allen/Lande - The Battle.

Was Mercury’s Down in Frontiers?  Hardline / Leaving The End Open?  Those two are a couple of gems.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2706 on: May 19, 2024, 05:33:18 AM »
Yeah, Mercury's Down I did think of too.  Probably could make the cut.  I might do some looking back tomorrow.

Oh, The Magnificent.  That could be four right there.