Author Topic: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album  (Read 705776 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album
« Reply #4900 on: May 16, 2021, 11:30:38 PM »
I gotta say, I find with the sudden activity from Scott out of nowhere, Todd deciding to put theses on Ebay for sale is a bit of a dick move.  He's done this on purpose by the looks of it.

100%

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4901 on: May 16, 2021, 11:38:54 PM »
I can see through the Todd shenanigans a mile away. I think that EBay account of his has 25 transactions...but now is the time to sell Scott’s drum sticks........yeah

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4902 on: May 16, 2021, 11:53:49 PM »
I can see through the Todd shenanigans a mile away. I think that EBay account of his has 25 transactions...but now is the time to sell Scott’s drum sticks........yeah

Exactly.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

« Reply #4903 on: May 17, 2021, 12:10:16 AM »
On the one hand, I really wish Todd could have held off on his Ebay shenanigans.  On the other hand, I could not imagine dealing with a so-called business partner/"boss" doing what Scott Rockenfield is doing now.  Nietzsche's abyss staring quote from "Beyond Good and Evil" applies right now.

Honestly, while I know that he most likely won't ever have as large a platform for his music again if he does this, I almost hope that Todd just walks away from this fiasco and makes more music under his name (or reunites with Crimson Glory if he and the rest of the guys there can patch things up with Jon Drenning).  After listening to the 4 albums with Todd on lead vocals, I find his solo album to be by far the best, and I cannot wait to hear a second solo album from him (it seems like Rejoice in the Suffering did well enough on Rat Pak for them to probably give Todd the green light for a second solo album even if he leaves the Ryche).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 12:18:51 AM by SalvadorDalisDilemma »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4904 on: May 17, 2021, 12:18:55 AM »
Yeah, I thought his solo album was really fantastic.  Not quite sure where I'd rate it against his Queensryche records though.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4905 on: May 17, 2021, 01:22:52 AM »
Much interesting interaction these days…not even sure where to begin with this one?…Maybe you can help..?  Gonna pose a question / love to hear any feedback? :
“basic question” : “WHAT WOULD YOU DO “ ?
as follows:
— ‘IMAGINE this ” - You are the original founding member (+2 partners) : INTERNATIONAL BRAND / TRADEMARK/ EQUAL AS OWNERS / PARTNERS / SHAREHOLDERS / DIRECTORS  etc…  an “employee/staff member” has been-and is currently still selling “YOUR PERSONAL” items which include YOUR “personal autograph” and are owned by You (the owner?)   ? …and all for his own profit? …..  ..?
“WHAT WOULD YOU DO “ ?

Jesus Christ, why do people find it so hard to type coherently? :facepalm:

Exactly my thoughts  :lol

Gloves are off now, I agree that Todd definitively sold the drumsticks on purpouse just to cash in a little bit on Scott's name. And for a guy to walk out of the band and then calling the current singer an "employee".... who knows what's behind this.

Ah, it's again  :corn time!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #4906 on: May 17, 2021, 03:36:52 AM »
Todd back then: "Cool, I got drumsticks from one of my favorite drummers"

Todd now: "One of my favorite drummers has turned into a complete  :censored, time to get rid of my memorabilia of him"

But instead of selling it on ebay he should have just thrown them away.

But the interesting bit is that TLT says, what Scott does publish and show in his website is without the band's consent.  :corn

And by now I think Todd is the only one that cares about making music and he may be the only one to speak his mind, although he's just an "employee", there's nothing from Wilton and Jackson (again) and nothing official from them concerning Scott's QR3.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #4907 on: May 17, 2021, 07:49:59 AM »
I am a fan of the band's music but I know next to nothing about them. Have Wilton and Jackson ever been the types to comment on anything publicly? I think I remember seeing them pop in interviews after the Tate split for a bit and once in a blue moon maybe do something to promote a new album. Other than that they always come across as guys content with being in the background.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #4908 on: May 17, 2021, 07:58:22 AM »
If Todd is an employee, maybe Wilton and Jackson are preparing something legally and can't comment on the situation. Todd wouldn't be subject to not commenting. He might be the only "QR backchannel" that the band can use without compromising the legal side.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4909 on: May 17, 2021, 11:22:43 AM »
I remember doing a deep dive through QRs discography along side the Samsara discog thread and found lots of material to enjoy but this drama is way more entertsining than a good chunk of their material. QR to me is a band who wasted a ton of great opportunities and has now become a completely joke. They should fund their next work with a reality show entitled "Real Housewives of Queensryche"

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #4910 on: May 17, 2021, 12:06:11 PM »
I remember doing a deep dive through QRs discography along side the Samsara discog thread and found lots of material to enjoy but this drama is way more entertsining than a good chunk of their material. QR to me is a band who wasted a ton of great opportunities and has now become a completely joke. They should fund their next work with a reality show entitled "Real Housewives of Queensryche"

Definitely. I think the same way.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4911 on: May 17, 2021, 12:21:53 PM »
I think many now understand what Tate was left with when Chris left. 

Im happy for Geoff, he must me chuckling. Chris left Geoff with a total mess and no partner to collaborate with, only back bench lackeys,
Todd must be like "wtf am I doing here, these guys are just followers with no plan and dont even want to work" I knew Todd and Scott  could never coexist and once Scotts wife pulled the plug and he had the baby with the girlfriend it was going to explode"  I think Scott is tired of all of them and the 'wives" issue is real within the stress of the band. Scott now doesnt fit socially or musically, Scotts ex was very involved with the wives... there are many layers to this unraveling and and Id go so far as to say Scott was never pleased with Todds drumming and talk in hte press  on how hes a drummer and fills in for Scott at sound checks, etc,  Scott is an incredible amazing drummer and the way Todd talked it was like "i can do that too" Todds tough to like IMO, hes too much too fast for really a nobody before QR,  If I was betting man Id bet they wish never broke with Tate

I cant wait for QR4
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4912 on: May 17, 2021, 12:36:24 PM »
If Todd is an employee, maybe Wilton and Jackson are preparing something legally and can't comment on the situation. Todd wouldn't be subject to not commenting. He might be the only "QR backchannel" that the band can use without compromising the legal side.

My guess is Wilton and Jackson will do nothing.  zero.  They will just do what those always do, the least effort to get the most easy money.  what they really needed to do was tell Todd " I know you love Casey, but Scotts coming back period" but they knew Todd would walk out ,  This must have happened 6 months ago or so for Scott to be this far down the road , Id bet they are not as surprised as we would think,  The more I think about it also Id say Scott working with Geoff is not going to happen either if the wife issue is a big issue, although I could see Geoff singing on some Scottyryche stuff down the road as Geoff likes to do new things now and enjoys hard work.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 01:16:38 PM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4913 on: May 17, 2021, 12:37:52 PM »
Even though Scott has never struck me as anything more than a solid, good rock drummer, I realized the other day that that simple fill that leads into the 2nd verse of I Will Remember is one of those that I air drum (or tap to the beat to on my steering wheel when driving :lol) every single time.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4914 on: May 17, 2021, 12:41:52 PM »
Even though Scott has never struck me as anything more than a solid, good rock drummer, I realized the other day that that simple fill that leads into the 2nd verse of I Will Remember is one of those that I air drum (or tap to the beat to on my steering wheel when driving :lol) every single time.

Scott is one of the very best IMO    hes really got a unique sound and can do anything. been enjoying his work on Tribe a lot  lately

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4915 on: May 17, 2021, 01:14:32 PM »
what they really needed to to do was tell Todd " I know you love Casey, but Scotts coming back period" but they knew Todd would walk out , 

Are you reporting this as happened? Not busting, just asking. Are you saying that Todd would've walked if Scott came back?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4916 on: May 17, 2021, 01:15:24 PM »

Scott was GREAT on their classic albums, especially on the EP and Warning.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #4917 on: May 17, 2021, 01:17:01 PM »
Todd must be like "wtf am I doing here, these guys are just followers with no plan and dont even want to work"
I beg to differ on that - if that was true, then you can be sure he would've split from the band not long after joining them like he did with Crimson Glory, and we would have never had the 3 (soon to be 4) albums with Todd on vocals.

I knew Todd and Scott  could never coexist and once Scotts wife pulled the plug and he had the baby with the girlfriend it was going to explode"
Was it that Misty pulled the plug first, or was it that Scott slept around, knocked up someone else and then was slapped with divorce papers? From what little there has been said, the indication is that the divorce was a reaction to Scott's affair. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I think Scott is tired of all of them and the 'wives" issue is real within the stress of the band. Scott now doesnt fit socially or musically, Scotts ex was very involved with the wives... there are many layers to this unraveling
Sounds like you have more of an inside scoop than you're letting on, or is this just you hypothesizing?

Id go so far as to say Scott was never pleased with Todds drumming and talk in hte press  on how hes a drummer and fills in for Scott at sound checks, etc
That might be true and I can believe that, but if the guy refuses to return to the band, what are the rest of the guys supposed to do? Wait until he's ready and then finally do another album? If anything, I think they handled it as respectfully as they could by having Todd do the drumming on The Verdict rather than Casey, since Casey was still just considered a fill in drummer at that time. And IIRC, Todd even commented that he tried to approach playing the drums as if it were Scott, rather than trying to put his own spin on things.

the way Todd talked it was like "i can do that too"
I could be wrong on this, but I don't think Todd ever tried to compare himself to Scott or imply that he was as good or better. That said, Todd *is* a drummer, so it's not as if he can't play.

Todds tough to like IMO, hes too much too fast for really a nobody before QR
Because he's not afraid to confront a situation? Don't forget he's already been in the band for 9 years - longer than the Beatles were an active entity, and almost as long as Led Zeppelin was active. Like it or not, I think he's earned the right to speak up and even to represent the band, if Michael and Eddie don't have an issue with that. And as others have posted, those guys seem to prefer not to say much, and if there is legal action brewing (which there probably is), they might not be in a position to speak publicly even though they want to.

If I was betting man Id bet they wish never broke with Tate
Fix that for you. You might feel that way, but given the decade plus that they suffered under Tater's dictatorship, I'd bet otherwise.

My guess is Wilton and Jackson will do nothing.  zero.
....because they clearly did NOTHING back in 2012, right?  ::)
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4918 on: May 17, 2021, 01:19:13 PM »
what they really needed to to do was tell Todd " I know you love Casey, but Scotts coming back period" but they knew Todd would walk out , 

Are you reporting this as happened? Not busting, just asking. Are you saying that Todd would've walked if Scott came back?

from what I have heard / been told  it appears there is not a lot of love between Todd and Scott.

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #4919 on: May 17, 2021, 01:32:14 PM »
Todd must be like "wtf am I doing here, these guys are just followers with no plan and dont even want to work"
I beg to differ on that - if that was true, then you can be sure he would've split from the band not long after joining them like he did with Crimson Glory, and we would have never had the 3 (soon to be 4) albums with Todd on vocals.

I knew Todd and Scott  could never coexist and once Scotts wife pulled the plug and he had the baby with the girlfriend it was going to explode"
Was it that Misty pulled the plug first, or was it that Scott slept around, knocked up someone else and then was slapped with divorce papers? From what little there has been said, the indication is that the divorce was a reaction to Scott's affair. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I think Scott is tired of all of them and the 'wives" issue is real within the stress of the band. Scott now doesnt fit socially or musically, Scotts ex was very involved with the wives... there are many layers to this unraveling
Sounds like you have more of an inside scoop than you're letting on, or is this just you hypothesizing?

Id go so far as to say Scott was never pleased with Todds drumming and talk in hte press  on how hes a drummer and fills in for Scott at sound checks, etc
That might be true and I can believe that, but if the guy refuses to return to the band, what are the rest of the guys supposed to do? Wait until he's ready and then finally do another album? If anything, I think they handled it as respectfully as they could by having Todd do the drumming on The Verdict rather than Casey, since Casey was still just considered a fill in drummer at that time. And IIRC, Todd even commented that he tried to approach playing the drums as if it were Scott, rather than trying to put his own spin on things.

I could be wrong on this, but I don't think Todd ever tried to compare himself to Scott or imply that he was as good or better. That said, Todd *is* a drummer, so it's not as if he can't play.

Because he's not afraid to confront a situation? Don't forget he's already been in the band for 9 years - longer than the Beatles were an active entity, and almost as long as Led Zeppelin was active. Like it or not, I think he's earned the right to speak up and even to represent the band, if Michael and Eddie don't have an issue with that. And as others have posted, those guys seem to prefer not to say much, and if there is legal action brewing (which there probably is), they might not be in a position to speak publicly even though they want to.

Fix that for you. You might feel that way, but given the decade plus that they suffered under Tater's dictatorship, I'd bet otherwise.

:lol

Very pertinent and reasonable observations.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4920 on: May 17, 2021, 01:33:21 PM »

QR is a much bigger gig that CG,  I have no ide why he left CG,  is CG still even around?

Not saying you are wrong Im just saying once she filed on him it was going to change scotts life and scotts relationship socially within the band and wives etc

I cant say much but I dont have the clarity I did 25 years ago on them etc but I still hear things : )

Knowing Scott a bit back in the day and his personality he takes his drumming very serious and considers himself elite which he is. Rockstars dont have to use logic LOL . it was more what Scott didnt say if that makes sense

Im just saying That Todd even thinking he could fill in must have irked Scott and pushed Scott further away, Scott feels his drumming is a hallmark of their sound

Todd to me has taken over the band, its similar to Tates position, somebody has to be the leader 

Ill double down on my bet post Scotts departure

Scott was really the leader of the ouster of Geoff,  IMO Wilton and Jackson are like the wind..sadly Tates ouster was over a split between the wives and more about personal issues than the music or musical direction   but it didnt help that dtc was met with very shall we say mixed reviews

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4921 on: May 17, 2021, 01:35:16 PM »
in the above response to SLS I put my comments in if you read closely  I didnt do quoting correctly  I tried LOL

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4922 on: May 17, 2021, 01:41:48 PM »

Scott was GREAT on their classic albums, especially on the EP and Warning.

Scotts really talented and a unique drummer for sure 

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4923 on: May 17, 2021, 01:53:42 PM »
If one thinks back it was Wilton meeting a fan called Todd Latorre at NAMM that started the ouster of Tate,  they would have never got rid of Tate if it wasnt for having that Rising West buzz, which to me was very underhanded and unfair to Tate.  Tate said lets do solo albums and he went to do his and they all reformed without him and did the old classics without him.  to me that was what broke up the band,  they knew they had a "cheaper" replacement in their mind and it broke them up .  if not Tate and the band would still be together  PERIOD... funny how Scott had that turn on him !!!   they found Casey  hes cheaper and friends with Todd   boom   Scotts gone...

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4924 on: May 17, 2021, 01:59:09 PM »
Other than Todd and Wilton meeting at NAMM, everything you said in that paragraph is wrong.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4925 on: May 17, 2021, 02:03:22 PM »
Other than Todd and Wilton meeting at NAMM, everything you said in that paragraph is wrong.

I guess we simply see it differently Boss.  its all good

I can  see an angle of "Scott did it to himself" but not on the Tate points...but its fun to discuss for sure

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4926 on: May 17, 2021, 02:05:07 PM »
It's not about "seeing it differently."  The facts are the facts.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4927 on: May 17, 2021, 02:07:56 PM »

refresh me Boss if you like  what did I forget in my old age? 

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #4928 on: May 17, 2021, 02:09:24 PM »
If one thinks back it was Wilton meeting a fan called Todd Latorre at NAMM that started the ouster of Tate,  they would have never got rid of Tate if it wasnt for having that Rising West buzz, which to me was very underhanded and unfair to Tate.  Tate said lets do solo albums and he went to do his and they all reformed without him and did the old classics without him.  to me that was what broke up the band,  they knew they had a "cheaper" replacement in their mind and it broke them up .  if not Tate and the band would still be together  PERIOD... funny how Scott had that turn on him !!!   they found Casey  hes cheaper and friends with Todd   boom   Scotts gone...

That is, there is only one culprit for everything that happened with the QR: TLT !!

Where are my torches and pitchforks?  >:(

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4929 on: May 17, 2021, 02:12:43 PM »

That is, there is only one culprit for everything that happened with the QR: TLT !!

Where are my torches and pitchforks?  >:(

Untrue... their can be only one leader though... it was Chris,  then Geoff and now Todd.    blame can be spread around : )

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #4930 on: May 17, 2021, 02:17:56 PM »
in the above response to SLS I put my comments in if you read closely  I didnt do quoting correctly  I tried LOL
Glad you pointed that out - I would've missed all your responses!

QR is a much bigger gig that CG,  I have no ide why he left CG,  is CG still even around?
He left Crimson Glory because they stopped doing anything:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130210004215/http://www.bravewords.com/news/198498

Not saying you are wrong Im just saying once she filed on him it was going to change scotts life and scotts relationship socially within the band and wives etc
That might be the case, but that's something that he brought on himself and he should have thought about before cheating on his wife.  ;)

I cant say much but I dont have the clarity I did 25 years ago on them etc but I still hear things : )
Would be curious to know who you hear these things from, but I'm guessing you're not willing to reveal your sources, or are you? Do you have contact with Scott?

Knowing Scott a bit back in the day and his personality he takes his drumming very serious and considers himself elite which he is. Rockstars dont have to use logic LOL . it was more what Scott didnt say if that makes sense
Perhaps, but if he considers himself elite (and by extension, a professional), doesn't he owe it to his bandmates (and business partners) to keep them abreast  of what's going on, and for him to "man up" one way or the other (either play drums for the album, even if he didn't contribute to it, or allow someone else to play drums on the album in his place)?

Im just saying That Todd even thinking he could fill in must have irked Scott and pushed Scott further away, Scott feels his drumming is a hallmark of their sound
But if he did - and I'm not saying he didn't have a right to feel that way - why didn't he do something about it, one way or the other?

Todd to me has taken over the band, its similar to Tates position, somebody has to be the leader 
It might seem that way if he's the one who's doing all the interviews and speaking in behalf of the band, but that doesn't prove that he is. After all, MP was the one who in later years conducted the bulk of the interviews for DT, but while MP was certainly *a* bandleader in DT, JP also was.

I will too. Guess we'll have to wait to see how things develop to see one way or the other.

Scott was really the leader of the ouster of Geoff,  IMO Wilton and Jackson are like the wind..sadly Tates ouster was over a split between the wives and more about personal issues than the music or musical direction   but it didnt help that dtc was met with very shall we say mixed reviews
Was he? I haven't read the court documents since they were posted, but IIRC, I think it was Michael that got wind of Tater's underhanded dealings in trying to shop and cash-in on O:M, and that's what really started getting the ball rolling on Tater's ouster. Got some proof to back up your assertion?

How about the part where Tater was gonna sell the rights to O:M, gain all the profits for himself and then call it quits on the band?
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #4931 on: May 17, 2021, 02:22:40 PM »
"Tater" makes me giggle  :lol

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4932 on: May 17, 2021, 02:48:26 PM »
Glad you pointed that out - I would've missed all your responses!

He left Crimson Glory because they stopped doing anything:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130210004215/http://www.bravewords.com/news/198498

That might be the case, but that's something that he brought on himself and he should have thought about before cheating on his wife.  ;)

Would be curious to know who you hear these things from, but I'm guessing you're not willing to reveal your sources, or are you? Do you have contact with Scott?

Perhaps, but if he considers himself elite (and by extension, a professional), doesn't he owe it to his bandmates (and business partners) to keep them abreast  of what's going on, and for him to "man up" one way or the other (either play drums for the album, even if he didn't contribute to it, or allow someone else to play drums on the album in his place)?

But if he did - and I'm not saying he didn't have a right to feel that way - why didn't he do something about it, one way or the other?

It might seem that way if he's the one who's doing all the interviews and speaking in behalf of the band, but that doesn't prove that he is. After all, MP was the one who in later years conducted the bulk of the interviews for DT, but while MP was certainly *a* bandleader in DT, JP also was.

I will too. Guess we'll have to wait to see how things develop to see one way or the other.

Was he? I haven't read the court documents since they were posted, but IIRC, I think it was Michael that got wind of Tater's underhanded dealings in trying to shop and cash-in on O:M, and that's what really started getting the ball rolling on Tater's ouster. Got some proof to back up your assertion?

How about the part where Tater was gonna sell the rights to O:M, gain all the profits for himself and then call it quits on the band?

HiSLS   its a fun discussion and thank you for the convo.  I can only say what I can say but I will clarify I do NOT have direct access to Scott

Offline T-ski

« Reply #4933 on: May 17, 2021, 03:10:22 PM »
Out of all the bands I got into during the late 80’s, I would not have picked Queensryche as the one to be the most messed up in their later years.

What a shame.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4934 on: May 17, 2021, 04:34:00 PM »
Out of all the bands I got into during the late 80’s, I would not have picked Queensryche as the one to be the most messed up in their later years.

What a shame.

I think thats why such a fun convo now looking back, as they had it all as far as talent.   lots of frustration around them. just bad timing some of it.. and now this  LOL :facepalm: