Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 485969 times)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #5600 on: November 12, 2019, 05:59:17 PM »
:lol the timing was just perfect though and the graphics are so great, just that full punch to the horses face looked so legit, im laughing out loud just thinking about it.  I wish I was recording that.
I must have missed that last night.  :rollin
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5601 on: November 13, 2019, 06:05:25 AM »
:lol the timing was just perfect though and the graphics are so great, just that full punch to the horses face looked so legit, im laughing out loud just thinking about it.  I wish I was recording that.
I must have missed that last night.  :rollin

That's what you get for eating food in real life instead of around a virtual campfire.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5602 on: November 13, 2019, 09:01:13 AM »
 :lol true, that was right after you left

I have a bunch of vacation to burn, so just put in for a 4 day weekend  :metal  I plan on playing a lot.  I need to level up and get that sniper rifle because I'm sick of being picked off from distances that I can't even see.  So I guess I should just start banging out the missions in online mode.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5603 on: November 13, 2019, 09:15:54 AM »
:lol true, that was right after you left

I have a bunch of vacation to burn, so just put in for a 4 day weekend  :metal  I plan on playing a lot.  I need to level up and get that sniper rifle because I'm sick of being picked off from distances that I can't even see.  So I guess I should just start banging out the missions in online mode.

I used like 17 of my gold yesterday to buy the rolling block rifle. I think it's usually like $415 or something like that.   

I wanted it mainly for hunting though. It's scoped and makes it easy to go out to the swamp and bag a half dozen alligators without moving your horse. It also doesn't damage the pelts if you kill via headshot, so that's cool too.   

I found out last night that there are Bounty Hunter specific outfits available, and there's one you can unlock at bounty hunter level 15 that's properly bad ass. I'm usually all about custom tailoring my own digs, but this thing is perfect. My only priority for the foreseeable future is getting that outfit. 

I'm not sure how the bounty hunter level differs from your regular character level, but I'm going to look into it tonight. I'm assuming it's special XP you get specifically from bounty hunter missions and posters.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5604 on: November 13, 2019, 10:00:50 AM »
So that means doing those missions we did the other night together?  I tried doing one of the red person missions last night with puppies but that's single player only. 

I'm not even leveled up enough for that rifle, although I have the gold.  I just need to start doing shit that's not killing random people.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5605 on: November 13, 2019, 10:06:15 AM »
Correct. Every sheriff station has bounty hunter posters outside them. They can be tricky to do on your own. You get more money if the fugitive is alive, but that's hard to do on your own. I'm visiting my parents tonight for dinner, but I'll probably be on some time after 9 if you're on and want to get down. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5606 on: November 13, 2019, 10:08:09 AM »
Yea I expect to be on, I took off work the rest of the week so I'll be on late.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5607 on: November 13, 2019, 10:23:26 AM »
Nice. I took Friday off from work (need to winterize my property), so I can play until whenever Thursday night for sure.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5608 on: November 13, 2019, 11:00:48 AM »
Nice,

Looks like due to the launch issues, they are giving everyone a care package if you have been playing and or will play before the holidays.  Sounds good to me, I had one game freeze so far but otherwise it has run fine on ultra settings for me.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5609 on: November 13, 2019, 11:19:48 AM »
Nice,

Looks like due to the launch issues, they are giving everyone a care package if you have been playing and or will play before the holidays.  Sounds good to me, I had one game freeze so far but otherwise it has run fine on ultra settings for me.

Nice. I had a feeling that was coming. They've done that a number of time with GTA Online.

... Just googled it. There's no cash or gold in the care package, just a poncho, provisions, and ammo. That kinda sucks :/

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5610 on: November 13, 2019, 12:21:38 PM »
That poncho better be sick  :lol It's better than nothing I guess, would rather some money though

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #5611 on: November 13, 2019, 06:01:31 PM »
So that means doing those missions we did the other night together?  I tried doing one of the red person missions last night with puppies but that's single player only. 

I think it was because we weren't posse'd up. Which reminds me, Chino needs to look in to how he has the posse set up. I'm wondering if there is a way we can use it when he isn't online.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #5612 on: November 13, 2019, 07:20:54 PM »
Have a nice bonus coming up and looking to expand out from my usual gaming a bit so I went a bit crazy.

Have a trip coming up this weekend, new Pokemon game happens to get released Friday...

So I bought a Switch, Pokemon Sword, Breath of the Wild, and a case.

I played the original Zelda as a kid, didn't care for it and have not revisited the series as I moved away from Nintendo after the SNES. That game had great reviews and I look forward to entering that universe fresh.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5613 on: November 14, 2019, 03:38:48 AM »
Also bought Pokemon Sword. Did not enjoy Let's Go for a variety of reasons. Surprising because I am a sucker for nostalgia and Pokemon Red was my childhood. But it was just so damn cheaply made. Got a good trade in deal for it to get Sword though, so let's see if that one fares better for me. As it was a dream as a kid to have a full on 3d console Pokemon, this is the first one that seems to come closer to that vision.

I enjoy Baldur's Gate on the Switch, but I don't recommend it to others as it is not easy to get into, at least the original. Still, there is clearly a lot of classic Bioware DNA in it and I kind of enjoy the old school pc graphics. The controls are actually really well done, for a game made around the mouse that does not use the touch screen.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5614 on: November 14, 2019, 07:12:52 PM »
That's funny 'cause I'm a gen 1 worshipper all the way and I put well over 100 hours into Let's Go, I thought it was a fantastic and super fun experience...

I'm biting the bullet and buying Shield tomorrow but I'm not expecting a whole lot. I do want a new Pokemon game and I want it on the Switch, though, so hopefully this will give me something to chew on until (if) we get a true open world Pokemon experience. I don't know which starter I'll pick because they're as fugly as modern starters have ever been.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #5615 on: November 14, 2019, 09:52:25 PM »
I got shield as well. Can't wait to play it and see how it fares. I don't know who to pick. My brother got Sword so will choose whatever he doesn't choose.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5616 on: November 15, 2019, 07:17:20 AM »
So i'm thinking about doing some RD online this weekend bug I haven't finished the campaign yet. In what way will online spoil it for me? I haven't explored the whole map for example and I guess the whole map is opened online?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5617 on: November 15, 2019, 08:01:54 AM »
So i'm thinking about doing some RD online this weekend bug I haven't finished the campaign yet. In what way will online spoil it for me? I haven't explored the whole map for example and I guess the whole map is opened online?

I'm not sure what is spoiled as I haven't gotten far in single player at all, but yea, the map is open. 

Chino committing suicide jumping off a cliff last night  :lol

https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1195355888502087682

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5618 on: November 15, 2019, 08:08:57 AM »

I'm not sure what is spoiled as I haven't gotten far in single player at all, but yea, the map is open. 

Yea I thought so, in that case I might as well wait and finish the campaign since I find it exciting to not see the whole map yet and what's left to explore. I had an unintentional peek when I looked at the fast travel map.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5619 on: November 15, 2019, 08:13:08 AM »
The map is so big and gorgeous.  I don't mind seeing it all now as there's so much to it and it's better to just be exposed and learn it.  I had so much fun playing online last night.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5620 on: November 15, 2019, 09:12:55 AM »
I got shield as well. Can't wait to play it and see how it fares. I don't know who to pick. My brother got Sword so will choose whatever he doesn't choose.

Nice! I'm thinking about going with Grookey because even though he's ugly I always prefer grass type starters.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5621 on: November 15, 2019, 09:31:45 AM »
Ok, so I just upgraded my WiFi to 5GHZ and found out my PS4 doesn't support it.  Now I have to upgrade my console as well to a slim or Pro.  :facepalm:

WTF Sony?
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5622 on: November 15, 2019, 09:41:12 AM »
Foes your router not support 2.4? If so enable the 2.4 spectrum, disable the ssid broadcast and connect your ps4 to it.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5623 on: November 15, 2019, 10:52:14 AM »
The router supports both, but the PS4 doesn't recognize the new 5GHZ SSID, so it's still connected to 2.4.  I won't get the faster downloads until I get a console that supports it.  The newer PS4's support it but mine is 4 years old.  :-\
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5624 on: November 16, 2019, 06:35:50 PM »
Anyone play Star Wars Fallen order yet?  From what I've seen so far, it looks pretty decent

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5625 on: November 16, 2019, 08:33:51 PM »
I've heard pretty good things about it too. I'll probably pick it up soon. I'm nearing the end of outer worlds.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5626 on: November 17, 2019, 06:32:48 AM »
I ended up buying it. I'm about an hour in and this is most enjoyable Star Wars game I've played in years.

The story is decent, the combat is basically Dark Souls with lock on, stamina bar and parrying. This is no simple button masher, it makes you pay attention and I like that. There's also huge glorious uncharted like set piece action scenes to play through. The environments are inspired and gorgeous and the soundtrack is spot on.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 06:43:29 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5627 on: November 17, 2019, 05:50:13 PM »
I ended up buying it. I'm about an hour in and this is most enjoyable Star Wars game I've played in years.

The story is decent, the combat is basically Dark Souls with lock on, stamina bar and parrying. This is no simple button masher, it makes you pay attention and I like that. There's also huge glorious uncharted like set piece action scenes to play through. The environments are inspired and gorgeous and the soundtrack is spot on.

Yikes, I was afraid it was going to be another "Souls-like" game :( I'm not a big fan of having to run back to the boss over & over again until I've memorized their attack patterns.

I read a very interesting thing about the difficulty in this game but the gameplay footage I saw contradicted it. I read that higher difficulty won't result in bullet-sponge enemies. They can be killed in one hit (it is a fucking lightsaber after all) but enemies will be harder to hit at higher difficulty levels. Which difficulty are you playing on, Phoenix?
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5628 on: November 17, 2019, 08:28:17 PM »
I've been playing at Jedi Knight difficulty level, which was the default and so far so good. The times i died was strictly because I was being careless. Its no where near as difficult or punishing as Dark Souls. At least not at the default difficultly.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5629 on: November 17, 2019, 09:36:22 PM »
I've been playing at Jedi Knight difficulty level, which was the default and so far so good. The times i died was strictly because I was being careless. Its no where near as difficult or punishing as Dark Souls. At least not at the default difficultly.

Sexcellent!
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5630 on: November 18, 2019, 06:00:35 AM »

HAH!

I had no idea you were rolling. It's a shame you couldn't tell my body was engulfed in flames.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5631 on: November 18, 2019, 07:33:42 AM »
Yea, you can hear it, but can't see it.  Maybe if I were closer.  I've actually got a little stockpile of stupid and hilarious footage I started editting this weekend.  I played so much over the weekend, online only, but I'm starting to feel like I'm running of content there.  The game modes mostly aren't fun although I played a nice variety of them, at least there's that.  I was trying to do the daily challenges every day so that encourages me to play some modes, but I just mostly found them boring.  I'm 50% through the online story mode, that's pretty fun to play and Ive mostly tried not to just do it all at once and save it so I mix in bounty hunter missions and searching for collectibles, but that gets very repetitive.  I should just play through single player, but I want to keep leveling up my online character as I feel every person I encounter in the game has better stats than me.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5632 on: November 18, 2019, 03:41:10 PM »
Rumor: Valve to announce Half-Life: Alyx at #TheGameAwards on December 12
This is their flagship VR title apparently, set to launch March 2020

hmmmmmm

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5633 on: November 18, 2019, 04:33:07 PM »
Aaaaaand it's official, it's actually offical:

https://twitter.com/valvesoftware/status/1196566870360387584

We’re excited to unveil Half-Life: Alyx, our flagship VR game, this Thursday at 10am Pacific Time.

Can’t wait to share it with all of you!

HLVR is Confirmed - Half-Life: Alyx Announced
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 04:48:29 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5634 on: November 18, 2019, 06:01:55 PM »
Damn, if FS2020 gets VR in short order I think it'll be time to get a VR set.