Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 485972 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #1890 on: January 14, 2016, 12:28:18 PM »
double-post but ehh

I'm reeeeally sick of having all this junk sitting around so ehh whatever :V
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14hzMd8dL1YifqC-IajWToScS9dTrgxi_sSJrFFsrnio/edit

Please be reasonable and only take something if you actually want it, and please don't take more than like 2-3 things. Share. Be polite.

And if you do take something please remove it from the list.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 12:42:55 PM by Parama »

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1891 on: January 14, 2016, 12:51:45 PM »
For real? That's awesome of you.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1892 on: January 14, 2016, 12:55:35 PM »
most of these are garbage and i only buy bundles for the games i want in them, really  :lol

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1893 on: January 14, 2016, 01:05:38 PM »
I grabbed one that I was somewhat interested in anyway, but I'll leave it there. Thanks! I never really kept track of ones that I didn't redeem - think it's pretty likely I redeemed pretty much all of them without really thinking about it.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TL

« Reply #1894 on: January 14, 2016, 01:41:09 PM »
Grabbed Walking Dead: 400 Days.

Thanks Parama! That's a really cool thing for you to do.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1895 on: January 14, 2016, 02:28:03 PM »
Very cool of you Parama, I have no interest in them except maybe the old Tomb Raiders but even then I know I am unlikely to actually play them so I won't take them.  Still, very cool. Thanks!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1896 on: January 14, 2016, 07:50:34 PM »
Very generous of you. :) I'm not familiar or interested in them enough to take them when others will appreciate it more though.

I just got Super Meat Boy in a Steam sale for $1.49, so I've been playing that. Fun, but it gets ridiculously difficult very quickly!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Cable

« Reply #1897 on: January 16, 2016, 03:52:08 PM »
This stream is fuckin dildos. It's buffered for 5 out of the last 6 minutes.

I swear to fucking god. The timing of the buffering is as close to trolling as something random could possibly be. Last race was completely lost to buffering. Down time featuring inane banter with neckbeards who lay even less pipe than I do runs almost flawlessly with less than 20 seconds of buffering during a 10-minute span. Then the stream goes down RIGHT AT THE FUCKING BEGINNING OF THE SECOND STRAIGHT RACE. FUCKIN DONE WITH THIS SHIT.

They do post basically all the run videos on the YOutubes. So if there is a game you wanted to see, like Link To The Past reverse boss order race for example, it's on on Youtube.
---

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1898 on: January 19, 2016, 06:38:22 AM »
Leaks indicate Playstation VR will be $150 less than the Oculus Rift  :metal :metal

https://news.softpedia.com/news/playstation-vr-will-cost-450-dollars-400-euro-rumor-499077.shtml

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1899 on: January 19, 2016, 06:51:05 AM »
Couldn't care less about PSVR (since I don't own a  PS and have no intention to get one), but I'm waiting on pricing for the HTC Vive. The Oculus Rift pricing surprised everyone a bit, but it is aimed at the top of the market, rather than the common consumer end of the market. If the exchange rate and shipping doesn't rape me too hard, I'll still get the Oculus, but we'll see how it plays out.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1900 on: January 20, 2016, 08:45:21 PM »
Preordered the Fire Emblem New 3DS XL and Twilight Princess HD Amiibo bundle (includes Wolf Link Amiibo) in the last 24 hours. Stoked!

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-fire-emblem-fates-edition/128251

https://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-with-amiibo/126800
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1901 on: January 20, 2016, 09:14:06 PM »
So jelly. I can't wait till I'm not broke anymore.

Good thing is: There will ALWAYS be exclusive systems coming out. Such easy money makers, and I am thankful for that because there are some truly beautiful systems out there.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1902 on: January 20, 2016, 10:23:49 PM »
It'll be my third New 3DS bought since they rolled out that series last year. I have the Majora's Mask and Hyrule Gold ones too.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:32:11 PM by black_floyd »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1903 on: January 21, 2016, 03:37:52 AM »
Okay now you're just being mean.

Big meanie.

ReacharoundandblowjobfortheMM3DS?

RIP DTP.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #1904 on: January 21, 2016, 10:30:08 AM »
Geez I don't even have one New 3DS XL.

I do have two regular 3DS XLs though, the Red Pokemon X one and the Persona Q one.

...my name is Araragi.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1905 on: January 21, 2016, 08:06:00 PM »
Okay now you're just being mean.

Big meanie.

ReacharoundandblowjobfortheMM3DS?

No.

I'mgonnaplaceaTriforcestencilonthesmallofmyback.Ejaculateontoitwellenoughtofillitinproperlyandthe3DSisyours.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1906 on: January 21, 2016, 10:21:49 PM »
You just dont know my skills. BE THAT WAY!

RIP DTP.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1907 on: January 21, 2016, 10:50:55 PM »
If your skills are up to snuff then it looks like we'll both be getting what we want  :-*

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1908 on: January 21, 2016, 10:59:09 PM »
Geez I don't even have one New 3DS XL.

I do have two regular 3DS XLs though, the Red Pokemon X one and the Persona Q one.

Nothin wrong with that, dude. The larger sweet spot for 3D viewing is the only real "gotta fuckin have it" feature of it. It processes data more quickly but that ain't a make or break matter. The ZL/ZR buttons haven't really been worked into any games I own from what I can tell and the same goes for the analog nub they added by the X/Y buttons. After this, all that's left is the addition of Amiibo functionality and I think they now make an adapter for older 3DSs to work with them too.

So in total, you're only missing out on vastly improved 3D. The only reason I bought it was cuz I wanted a 3DS but was a very late adopter so I'd already heard about the New model before I had a chance to buy one and held on in agony waiting for a release date while Oz and Nippon were already playing theirs.

The important part for you is that you have limited edition ones with designs you like and can cherish for years to come.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #1909 on: January 21, 2016, 11:11:56 PM »
Are there not some games that are New 3DS exclusive?

...my name is Araragi.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1910 on: January 21, 2016, 11:27:20 PM »
As far as I know it's literally just Xenoblade; which granted, is completely worth a system buy in my opinion but it is a bit odd and weird by now. Been a while. But I love mine, the Z buttons are great for games like Monster Hunter, Smash Bros, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid 3 and probably some others I haven't tried it with; double goes for the c-nub, I love that 'lil thing. I couldn't even play MH4 without it. But yeah the 3D is definitely the shining feature. Pretty much perfection.

But yeah it's starting to feel like there may only be 2 or 3 exclusives for it by the time the next handheld iteration comes around.  :mehlin Hell..I don't even know of any others in the works...might just be Xeno.

RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1911 on: January 22, 2016, 11:31:57 AM »
Does anyone have Just Cause 3? How does it compare fun wise to the Saints Row games? I could care less about the story, I just want a pretty world I can mess around in.

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #1912 on: January 22, 2016, 11:57:16 AM »
double-post but ehh

I'm reeeeally sick of having all this junk sitting around so ehh whatever :V
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14hzMd8dL1YifqC-IajWToScS9dTrgxi_sSJrFFsrnio/edit

Please be reasonable and only take something if you actually want it, and please don't take more than like 2-3 things. Share. Be polite.

And if you do take something please remove it from the list.

May I take Stealth Bastard Deluxe. I only played Stealth Inc 2 so far and I always appreciate a good 2D platformer.

Preordered the Fire Emblem New 3DS XL and Twilight Princess HD Amiibo bundle (includes Wolf Link Amiibo) in the last 24 hours. Stoked!

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-fire-emblem-fates-edition/128251

https://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-with-amiibo/126800

Oh man, I wish I could get this 3DS, but unfortuneately it somehow wasn`t even announced for Europe...
But still, I`ll preorder FE:F Special Edition (without 3DS) as soon as a release date for Europe is given.
I don`t know about Twilight Princess HD yet, I haven`t played the original, but I`m kinda short of money right now, so I`ll probably skip this one at the moment.

Offline gm5k

« Reply #1913 on: January 24, 2016, 09:44:33 PM »
Anyone going to PAX South?  Thinking about checking it out Friday or Sunday (only tickets that are left)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1914 on: January 24, 2016, 10:23:20 PM »
it's just a "go ahead and take it if you want" kind of deal with these

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1915 on: January 25, 2016, 06:13:03 AM »
Does anyone have Just Cause 3? How does it compare fun wise to the Saints Row games? I could care less about the story, I just want a pretty world I can mess around in.

Just reposting this because I am curious as well.  Was close to getting this during the Steam winter sale, but knew I wasn't going to be able to play it at that time so held off.  From playing JC2 vs. SR, I would say SR is still the goofier and probably more fun game overall in terms of "world I can mess around in" because the game is designed to be such a ridiculous world.  JC2 is a bit more like GTA in realism, BUT you have the grapple and parachute which adds to the variety of ways you can mess around.  The videos I have seen of JC3 are pretty funny with the grapple rope you can use and attaching cows to planes and whatnot.

Offline OnTheBacksofAngela

• DTF Enthusiast!
  • :)
« Reply #1916 on: January 25, 2016, 10:30:52 AM »
Just a quick question. Does anyone here play Left 4 Dead 2 or Starcraft 2? Anyone have a steam or battle.net account?
Glad to be back.

Offline gm5k

« Reply #1917 on: January 25, 2016, 12:15:01 PM »
it's just a "go ahead and take it if you want" kind of deal with these

I'm confused.

Edit:  nvm just saw previous post  ;D

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #1918 on: January 25, 2016, 01:56:57 PM »
Most of these games are too old for me, but I will chime in and say that I have played Archon for NES, and it was pretty great!
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1919 on: January 25, 2016, 01:57:55 PM »
Why won't Nintendo make a console that can handle GTA?

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #1920 on: January 25, 2016, 02:19:28 PM »
Why won't Nintendo make a console that can handle GTA?

Because they don't need to. When I buy a Nintendo console, I am looking to play their IPs: Metroid, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Smash, and so on. These are games that I cannot play on any other system, and Nintendo takes advantage of this. I have no reason to buy a theoretically more powerful Nintendo system (or even a PS4/XB1) for games like GTA when I could have a far superior experience on PC.

Unless Nintendo changes their model in the near future, their consoles will be the only ones I purchase.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1921 on: January 25, 2016, 03:09:44 PM »
Most of these games are too old for me, but I will chime in and say that I have played Archon for NES, and it was pretty great!

Yet another post for the top 25 thread accidentally made in this thread lol.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1922 on: January 25, 2016, 04:34:29 PM »

Yet another post for the top 25 thread accidentally made in this thread lol.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1923 on: January 25, 2016, 08:00:52 PM »
 :lol

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1924 on: January 26, 2016, 12:03:10 AM »
Just a quick question. Does anyone here play Left 4 Dead 2 or Starcraft 2? Anyone have a steam or battle.net account?

I have L4D2 but I haven't played it. Here's my steam account
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin