Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 280697 times)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. Reality Lays the Pipe on My Autumn
« Reply #1925 on: October 26, 2014, 02:55:44 PM »
Fantastic day for the Bills and Chiefs  :metal

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1926 on: October 26, 2014, 03:10:41 PM »
If Marv Levy ever coached your team, it was a good day.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #1927 on: October 26, 2014, 05:48:00 PM »
Ugh... way too many stupid turnovers and penalties for the Eagles. Should've been 21-7 going into halftime. Oh well, credit to the Cards for holding on.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1928 on: October 26, 2014, 06:05:17 PM »
Ugh... way too many stupid turnovers and penalties for the Eagles. Should've been 21-7 going into halftime. Oh well, credit to the Cards for holding on.
Plenty of penalties to go around, but at the end of the day the Ealges just got barbequed at the end of the game. Still, great game, though.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1929 on: October 26, 2014, 06:13:00 PM »
Big Ben first QB in NFL history with two 500+ yard games. Also 6 TDs today to one-up Brady  :biggrin:.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #1930 on: October 26, 2014, 06:16:34 PM »
That game was just insane.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1931 on: October 26, 2014, 06:40:34 PM »
Big Ben first QB in NFL history with two 500+ yard games. Also 6 TDs today to one-up Brady  :biggrin:.

One QB took the foot off the pedal.   The other couldn't.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:29:27 PM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1932 on: October 26, 2014, 09:46:18 PM »
Man. I just don't know what to make of the Saints. I was literally completely at peace with the Saints fading and me being able to turn my Sundays into less vegetative days and then I have this ambivalent wrench thrown into the gears.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1933 on: October 26, 2014, 09:47:51 PM »

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #1934 on: October 27, 2014, 03:41:10 AM »
As usual, whenever the Packers face a good offense, they melt. If our recipe for success is riding Aaron and hoping the defense stumbles upon one or two turnovers, we're in for another rough one and done come January.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1935 on: October 27, 2014, 03:04:05 PM »
It's hard to see the Packers coming out of the NFC, unless their defense gets a lot better really fast.  They've lost by double digits to every NFC team they've had to play on the road thus far.

I am surprised there wasn't any chatter about the offensive PI that negated Steve Smith's TD late that would have probably given Baltimore the win.  While it bit tick-tacky, he did push off, and I've seen defensive backs called for PI for a lot worse, so I was fine with it.

Pretty crazy passing day by the Steelers yesterday.  Every time I looked up, they had scored again. :lol :lol

I'm amused to see how much ESPN is still talking about the Jets.  Okay, okay, I know it's the NY factor, but between Tebow two years ago and this nonsense, I've never seen so much coverage of a non-contender as I have the last three seasons.  Meanwhile, the Bills, Cardinals and Browns, all of whom are over .500, barely get talked about.

Speaking of those Cardinals, anyone still have any doubts as to them being a top NFC contender?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1936 on: October 27, 2014, 03:18:05 PM »
Speaking of those Cardinals, anyone still have any doubts as to them being a top NFC contender?

After beating Philly, I think they've earned it. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1937 on: October 27, 2014, 03:52:42 PM »
It's still rumor, but remember, if it happens, I called it.

The Hawks are eyeballing V-Jax.

Can't paste the link tho, darn it.

"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #1938 on: October 27, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »

After beating Philly, I think they've earned it.
They didn't beat Philly. Philly beat Philly.

But I agree the cards are underappreciated

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1939 on: October 27, 2014, 06:17:26 PM »
It's still rumor, but remember, if it happens, I called it.

The Hawks are eyeballing V-Jax.

Can't paste the link tho, darn it.
Along with a few others. NE seems to be in the hunt, as well. I don't think it'd work for them, but who the hell knows anymore.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1940 on: October 27, 2014, 06:30:09 PM »
Bills played horrible. I get that they scored 40 points but the Jets GAVE THEM 6 OF THEIR POSSESSIONS. lol

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1941 on: October 27, 2014, 06:38:32 PM »
Bills played horrible. I get that they scored 40 points but the Jets GAVE THEM 6 OF THEIR POSSESSIONS. lol
LOL. Kyle Orton threw 4 TD's and 238 yds. Sammy Watkins alone had over 157 yds recieving and a TD. Obviously our running game is considerably weakened with Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller out, but we did not play horrible.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1942 on: October 27, 2014, 06:43:48 PM »
To put those passing stats in perspective, the Jets have backup WR's playing cornerback and converted linebackers playing as safeties. So sorry but those passing stats are meaningless to me. If the Bills can repeat that type of performance on ANY team on their schedule this year, I'll believe that they played great. The Jets are the worst team in the league right now.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1943 on: October 27, 2014, 06:44:11 PM »
That tackle at the 6 yard line was a bit embarrassing though.  Youngsters need to learn not to celebrate until after they cross the goal line.  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1944 on: October 27, 2014, 06:52:17 PM »
That tackle at the 6 yard line was a bit embarrassing though.  Youngsters need to learn not to celebrate until after they cross the goal line.  :lol
It definitely was, but he made up for it with his touchdown later, he kept looking back to see he was in the clear before he started slowing down to burn time.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1945 on: October 27, 2014, 06:55:51 PM »
DAMN!!! That skins gunner knocked the piss outta that Cowboys returner!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1946 on: October 27, 2014, 07:01:25 PM »
Yeah, since when are you allowed to hit a returner in the face with both hands?
E.F. Benson

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1947 on: October 27, 2014, 07:09:14 PM »
Yeah, since when are you allowed to hit a returner in the face with both hands?

Skins know nothing about class when it comes to playing ball.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1948 on: October 27, 2014, 07:14:38 PM »
Just rewound it and watched it four times. Gunner was going for the shoulders, returner flinched anticipating contact thus lowering his face into the line of impact. At full speed, there's no way the tackler could've adjusted to avoid it. Zero ill intent beyond a devastating, fully-legal hit.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1949 on: October 27, 2014, 07:18:03 PM »
It definitely was, but he made up for it with his touchdown later, he kept looking back to see he was in the clear before he started slowing down to burn time.

That's good.  Unless the guy in question is a total douche, I always feel bad for guys when stupid stuff like that happens.  If you can make up for it in some way, it's more palatable.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1950 on: October 27, 2014, 07:18:56 PM »
Desean Jackson has mastered this sort of fail.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1951 on: October 27, 2014, 07:21:41 PM »

That's good.  Unless the guy in question is a total douche, I always feel bad for guys when stupid stuff like that happens.  If you can make up for it in some way, it's more palatable.
Yeah, luckily Sammy Watkins has been nothing but a class act rookie, and as long as he learns from any mistakes and works to improve himself, can't get mad at the guy, he's been a great asset for the team so far, and I'm so glad the Bills made sure to snatch him.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1952 on: October 27, 2014, 07:45:55 PM »

No, the Bills took them away.  They are called takeaways for a reason. ;)

As for Watkins, it's not like he was high-stepping or holding the ball out like Leon Lett; he held a finger up and slowed down a tad, cause he likely had no idea the DB was that close.  Not a big deal, IMO.

Also, Jay Gruden's decision to start Colt McCoy looks really poor; McCoy looks awful.  Kirk Cousins wasn't playing that well, but he was still a lot better than McCoy. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1953 on: October 27, 2014, 07:49:20 PM »
Just rewound it and watched it four times. Gunner was going for the shoulders, returner flinched anticipating contact thus lowering his face into the line of impact. At full speed, there's no way the tackler could've adjusted to avoid it. Zero ill intent beyond a devastating, fully-legal hit.
Yeah, ask DJ Swearinger how many shits the league has to give about intent or impossibility of avoiding contact. You hit a receiver, kicker or a quarterback in the head it doesn't make any difference if it was avoidable or not.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1954 on: October 27, 2014, 07:58:41 PM »
Well, that 1st half was a snooze fest except for the Dez Bryant TD.  What a beast.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1955 on: October 27, 2014, 08:37:05 PM »
I hope Romo is ok  :\

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1956 on: October 27, 2014, 08:43:26 PM »
Yeah, ask DJ Swearinger how many shits the league has to give about intent or impossibility of avoiding contact. You hit a receiver, kicker or a quarterback in the head it doesn't make any difference if it was avoidable or not.

Refs usually only overreact that poorly if it involves a QB or a "defenseless" player scenario and neither applied here.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1957 on: October 27, 2014, 08:46:19 PM »

Refs usually only overreact that poorly if it involves a QB or a "defenseless" player scenario and neither applied here.

There's something to be said about being consistent.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1958 on: October 27, 2014, 08:48:34 PM »
I meant it's shitty for the call to be made erroneously, regardless of context, but even the league usually doesn't call unnecessary roughness where it's the ball carrier's choosing to move their head into oncoming traffic in situations involving neither a QB nor defenseless player.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1959 on: October 27, 2014, 09:03:17 PM »
I meant it's shitty for the call to be made erroneously, regardless of context, but even the league usually doesn't call unnecessary roughness where it's the ball carrier's choosing to move their head into oncoming traffic in situations involving neither a QB nor defenseless player.
In two separate posts you said he took a brutal hit and that he was hit in the head. You can't even scratch your balls in the NFL without a flag for hands to the face, and that hit certainly involved two pretty hard ones. If you want to say that it's no flag if it's unavoidable then I'd vote for that, but it's not the case. Like JB said, at least be consistent.

In the mean time this has turned into a damned entertaining game.
E.F. Benson