Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 280728 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. 31 horse race
« Reply #1330 on: September 15, 2014, 05:31:29 PM »
Seattle losing at San Diego is no choke by any stretch of the imagination. It did serve to remind people that they are not invincible. And while they clearly have one of the very best defenses (if not the best), that there are ways to attack them. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1331 on: September 15, 2014, 05:47:39 PM »
Not to mention that SD took it to Denver in both their meetings last year.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1332 on: September 15, 2014, 06:08:22 PM »
In the Russell Wilson era, counting the playoffs:

Seattle at home: 18-1
Seattle on the road: 10-9

So yeah, they are definitely mortal on the road, but if they get home field, they are going to the Super Bowl again, and probably winning it.

However, Marshawn Lynch has a lingering back problem, which is partially why his touches were limited yesterday, so that is something to keep an eye on.

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #1333 on: September 15, 2014, 07:54:16 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted yet but I saw it yesterday and couldn't stop laughing.

I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1334 on: September 15, 2014, 08:49:50 PM »
This Eagles team is so bi-polar that they're simultaneously infuriating and exhilarating to watch. 

For every three or four doof plays, there seems to be one spectacular one. 
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1335 on: September 15, 2014, 09:18:49 PM »
Andrew Luck = Hans Klopek from the classic Tom Hanks movie The Burbs...

Think about it, won't you?   ;D

"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #1336 on: September 15, 2014, 09:21:40 PM »
This game is killing my nerves.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1337 on: September 15, 2014, 09:33:17 PM »
Serious question:

Who is dumber, the Saints for giving Darren Sproles away for practically nothing, or the Colts for overusing Trent Richardson tonight which probably cost them the game?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1338 on: September 15, 2014, 09:36:27 PM »
No kidding... was just coming in to say that was a great game.  Can't believe Richardson even got back in the game after putting the ball on the ground for the second time.

Although, I'm dumbest for benching Sproles!  :jets:

The Eagles were helped by two very bad calls - the non-PI call on Hilton that got them the pick; followed immediately by the pony-collar tackle.

Good game to watch though.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #1339 on: September 15, 2014, 09:44:52 PM »
I didn't think there was PI on the pick. Looked like he just fell down to me. But I agree with the horse collar.

Most exciting game I've seen in a long time, at least from my perspective as an Eagles fan lol.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1340 on: September 15, 2014, 09:49:27 PM »
I didn't think there was PI on the pick. Looked like he just fell down to me. But I agree with the horse collar.

Most exciting game I've seen in a long time, at least from my perspective as an Eagles fan lol.

Sure.  It was clear as day.

Regardless, I still put this loss on the moronic Colts coaching staff.

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1341 on: September 15, 2014, 09:53:47 PM »
Man that was a nail-biter.

But awesome.

It's also nice to see that Chip Kelly apparently knows how to manage the time clock. 
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1342 on: September 15, 2014, 10:06:33 PM »

Sure.  It was clear as day.

Agreed... that 3-and-out on their last possession was pathetic attempt to win the game.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #1343 on: September 15, 2014, 10:17:50 PM »
Yeah Birds!!!!

Serious question:

Who is dumber, the Saints for giving Darren Sproles away for practically nothing, or the Colts for overusing Trent Richardson tonight which probably cost them the game?

Saints.  Richardson had some good runs.  Trading Sproles for a 5th round pick is incomprehensible.

The Eagles were helped by two very bad calls - the non-PI call on Hilton that got them the pick; followed immediately by the pony-collar tackle.

Good game to watch though.

Refs held the whistle on some bad PI calls against us.  Bad calls go both ways.

Quote from: Neon link=topic=40900.msg1862425#msg1862425
It's also nice to see that Chip Kelly apparently knows how to manage the time clock. 

Yes!

I was seriously thinking of quitting the Eagles during the last two Reid years.  It was so bad.  Having a real coach is amazing.  Please never leave us Chip.

Agreed... that 3-and-out on their last possession was pathetic attempt to win the game.

The Colts did best against the Eagles with runs to the side and like ~10 yard pass plays.  The Eagles never found an answer to either scheme.  During the last drive, they did two up the gut runs then a weird hook back pass route that gave the defensive line a lot of time to get pressure on Luck.  Like, seriously, I don't get it.  The Eagles' biggest strength against the Colts' offense was their pass rush.  On the most crucial play of the game, the Colts ran a play that gave the Eagles time to get a nice rush in before Luck threw the ball.

Baffling.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1344 on: September 16, 2014, 07:43:00 AM »
Fun game last night.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1345 on: September 16, 2014, 10:52:16 AM »
So the Vikings just lost their first (but not last) sponsor. This foray into mob rule is becoming so silly that eventually the league (and the teams) are going to have to stand up to it. It's a lot easier to dump a bad team than a good one. I guarantee that if the Vikings were to win a championship (even the division) then they'd get their sponsors back. It's fucking twitter that's driving the mob right now, and in a few months nobody will be thinking about AP, other than how good he is.

Besides, how long could any team last if they let the mob dictate how saintly their players have to be.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #1346 on: September 16, 2014, 11:02:56 AM »
This is the weird way society balances out.

Before, this kind of stuff was basically covered up.  Let's say twenty years ago rumor has it there's an audio tape circling around of Donald Sterling saying racist things.  NBA investigators find the tape and either bribe the person possessing it into keeping it hush or they destroy it.  If a star running back was accused of beating his kids, all the newspapers would know not to talk about it too much unless they wanted their league access revoked.

What you're seeing now is the public figuring out the power they have.  It's not just that though.  It's also the reaction to basically the last 8000 years of human history.  'So what you're saying is that not only can these people no longer cover up their misdeeds, but we can make sure they're punished!?  Yes!!!!!"
Over and over again

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1347 on: September 16, 2014, 11:33:04 AM »
The problem with that, generally speaking, it that it's essentially vigilante social justice.  The masses overreact to everything now immediately the minute it happens.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #1348 on: September 16, 2014, 11:45:35 AM »
The problem with that, generally speaking, it that it's essentially vigilante social justice.  The masses overreact to everything now immediately the minute it happens.

Then people who have power shouldn't be incompetent.  If Goodell suspended Rice for six games from the beginning, none of this would have happened.

People give up mob rule under the assumption that governments/courts/arbitrators/authority figures can do a better job.  If mob rule is becoming a thing, it's because authority figures are doing a bad job.
Over and over again

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1349 on: September 16, 2014, 11:47:42 AM »
Agreed.  I just think the "mob" takes it too far sometimes, declaring an immediate, emotional verdict, even if it flies in the face of facts.  Those in charge being held more accountable is never a bad thing, since corruption starts at the top, but the power of social media now is a bit frightening.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1350 on: September 16, 2014, 11:49:39 AM »
Add to that, it's very quick to overreact and very slow (as in incapable) of self-correcting.

Then people who have power shouldn't be incompetent.  If Goodell suspended Rice for six games from the beginning, none of this would have happened.

People give up mob rule under the assumption that governments/courts/arbitrators/authority figures can do a better job.  If mob rule is becoming a thing, it's because authority figures are doing a bad job.
Is the role of the authority to make only decisions that people agree with? Sometimes the right call is one that pisses everybody off.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1351 on: September 16, 2014, 11:51:19 AM »
I've gotta side with EB on this one. 
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1352 on: September 16, 2014, 11:52:17 AM »
Is the role of the authority to make only decisions that people agree with? Sometimes the right call is one that pisses everybody off.

Very true.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1353 on: September 16, 2014, 12:09:06 PM »
Agreed.  I just think the "mob" takes it too far sometimes, declaring an immediate, emotional verdict, even if it flies in the face of facts.  Those in charge being held more accountable is never a bad thing, since corruption starts at the top, but the power of social media now is a bit frightening.

Not to make this a P/R thing, but no shit!  The middle east situations have proved that.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #1354 on: September 16, 2014, 12:26:58 PM »

I know what you're saying, but the pendulum has swung too far in favor of authority figures making decisions that are purely self-serving.

If you look at Goodell's whole track record with player discipline, it was less about enforcing good behavior than it was signalling that he's a tough guy.  The Ray Rice decision was the apotheosis of that.  Even if Goodell didn't see the tape, it's likely that he didn't watch it on purpose because he didn't want to have to deal with the consequences of it being horrific.  He was trying to create plausible deniability for himself.  He wanted to suspend Rice for two games to do him and the Ravens a favor and move on.

I don't see how this kind of corruption is any better than the current situation.
Over and over again

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1355 on: September 16, 2014, 03:26:42 PM »
I work with quite a few Washington fans. And to a man (person) they all feel that Cousins has been the better QB all along, and that RGIII keeps getting chance after chance only because of how much Washington gave up just to sign him. The rest of the country is going to learn which this part of the country has known for quite some time now, Cousins could be great, if given a chance. This is his chance, and he has pieces around him. So if he can't make the most of it, he'll have no one to blame but himself.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1356 on: September 16, 2014, 04:04:16 PM »
We live in a PC world now.  It affects everything in life now.  Us old farts just have to get used to it I guess.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #1357 on: September 16, 2014, 04:09:50 PM »
I work with quite a few Washington fans. And to a man (person) they all feel that Cousins has been the better QB all along, and that RGIII keeps getting chance after chance only because of how much Washington gave up just to sign him. The rest of the country is going to learn which this part of the country has known for quite some time now, Cousins could be great, if given a chance. This is his chance, and he has pieces around him. So if he can't make the most of it, he'll have no one to blame but himself.

They both are two, fantastic QBs. Different QBs at that too. If RGIII was healthy, I think he could be one of the most exciting players to watch. He was the most exciting player to watch his rookie year. That being said, I think right now that Cousins is a better QB and this is his time show the world how great he can be. I think the injury RGIII suffered in the playoffs in his rookie year got to him mentally. He lacks confidence and that affects play. But I have no doubt in my mind that RGIII was better that rookie year.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1358 on: September 16, 2014, 04:10:05 PM »
  Us old farts just have to get used to it I guess.

You're not old. You're youth-challenged.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1359 on: September 16, 2014, 04:10:45 PM »
  Us old farts just have to get used to it I guess.

You're not old. You're youth-challenged.

See!  Damn PC way of saying it. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1360 on: September 16, 2014, 04:33:26 PM »

Well members of the general public are obsessed with out-offending and out-righteous each other.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #1361 on: September 16, 2014, 05:45:01 PM »
Anheuser-Busch "Not Yet Satisfied" by NFL response to domestic violence.

The story talks about how a lot of sponsors are also not pleased with the league.
Over and over again

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1362 on: September 16, 2014, 05:48:17 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1363 on: September 16, 2014, 05:52:34 PM »
Yea a beer sponsor seemed like the least likely to respond to this.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #1364 on: September 16, 2014, 05:53:24 PM »
Anheuser-Busch "Not Yet Satisfied" by NFL response to domestic violence.

Ironic considering their portrayal of women in their commercials.

Of course.  But corporate sponsors threatening to pull money is very bad.  Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like companies don't threaten to do this unless they're serious.  You usually don't even get a threat.  Nike just pulled its AP stuff from stores without warning.
Over and over again