Linked Events

• The Whirlwind Released: October 27, 2009

Author Topic: Transatlantic Official Thread  (Read 532760 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Transatlantic: The Absolute Universe
« Reply #5040 on: April 27, 2022, 06:13:23 PM »
Roll call: who all is going to Morsefest this weekend?  We need to figure out a way for us all to say hey to one another when we are there (meetups before and after not as easy given the logistics).

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5041 on: April 27, 2022, 06:20:38 PM »
Roll call: who all is going to Morsefest this weekend?  We need to figure out a way for us all to say hey to one another when we are there (meetups before and after not as easy given the logistics).

:metal

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5042 on: April 27, 2022, 06:22:44 PM »
Oh HI.

Nick and Axeman will be there. I know that Shelby & Joey from Kyros will be there as well.

Edit: JustJen as well.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 06:37:50 PM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #5043 on: April 28, 2022, 03:06:15 AM »
Why are tickets for MorseFest $325 and up?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5044 on: April 28, 2022, 03:16:23 AM »
Because he can.  Lol.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5045 on: April 28, 2022, 06:17:01 AM »
 :lol :lol, pretty much.

2017 was the first year I went to Morsefest, and I believe it was $125 for both nights combined, so prices have basically tripled since.  Is it gouging the fans?  Probably, but I am almost always of the thinking, "If you think it's too much, don't go."  I did chuckle at a notice they sent a few weeks ago saying some tickets were still available and to get yours now because they are going fast.  Yeah, tickets went on sale last summer, and capacity is under 1,000, but they are going fast!!  :lol :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5046 on: April 28, 2022, 08:25:41 PM »
This will be Joe tomorrow:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5047 on: April 29, 2022, 05:49:18 AM »
Yeah no.  Lol. I have my flat caps. No cowboy hats. 

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5048 on: April 29, 2022, 06:56:23 AM »
:lol :lol, pretty much.

2017 was the first year I went to Morsefest, and I believe it was $125 for both nights combined, so prices have basically tripled since.  Is it gouging the fans?  Probably, but I am almost always of the thinking, "If you think it's too much, don't go."  I did chuckle at a notice they sent a few weeks ago saying some tickets were still available and to get yours now because they are going fast.  Yeah, tickets went on sale last summer, and capacity is under 1,000, but they are going fast!!  :lol :lol

I think that's right; if it's not for you, don't buy it.  I know I'm not going to be there, but it's not at all because of the price.  I've been listening to the previous Morsefest packages and there is a PROFOUND sense of missing something special, and I feel that now.  I'm assuming there's a reasonable chance of actually engaging one-on-one with some of the performers at some point over the weekend, and that too is part of the "price"; many people pay extra for that during the tours.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5049 on: April 29, 2022, 07:36:34 AM »
Last night I dreamed I was at Morsefest. They played all of Fragile - Yes instead of The Whirlwind, and the encore was Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye.  :lol

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #5050 on: April 29, 2022, 01:20:59 PM »
Not going to Morsefest, but I'm very excited about their full setlist. Please keep us posted! ;D
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5051 on: April 29, 2022, 01:49:13 PM »
RE-ORDER NOW: MORSEFEST 2021 5 CD/2 BLU-RAY SET, CUSTOM TRANSATLANTIC JERSEY
It’s day one of Morsefest 2022 and we have two cool items that you can pre-order today.

Lots of people have asked about the baseball jersey Neal has been wearing at the Transatlantic shows and asked how to get one. They’re custom made with “Transatlantic 22” on the front and “Morse 22” on the back. We are doing one run of the jerseys so pre-orders will open until May 31st - and then that’s it! We will then order the jerseys and aim to ship them starting August 1st.

Plus... we have Morsefest 2021 5 CD / 2 Blu ray set available for pre-order today! This captures last years Evening of Innocence and Evening of Danger where NMB debuted the new album plus visited some deep cuts and favorite tracks. As ever, the audio and video have brilliantly captured the show and we have this as a Radiant exclusive.

For fans in Europe, if all goes according to plan we will have copies available for sale on the NMB European tour!

https://www.nealmorse.com/product/morsefest-2021-5-cd-2-blu-ray-set/

https://www.nealmorse.com/product/neal-morse-custom-transatlantic-22-baseball-jersey

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5052 on: April 29, 2022, 02:06:42 PM »
Pre-ordered!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5053 on: April 29, 2022, 02:16:57 PM »
Pre-ordered!

Just did the same! Not a bad set for the price, especially since it's two BDs and not DVDs this time!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5054 on: April 29, 2022, 02:19:41 PM »
I already have the video download from attending the show virtually, so as nice as it would be to have the 2021 show in (presumably) HD, I can't really justify buying it again. Maybe though, since I have every other MF on Blu-ray excluding 2020.

The jersey is also a maybe. If they don't have it for sale at Morsefest I probably will pre-order one.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5055 on: April 29, 2022, 06:35:31 PM »
I’m here. Seat N19. King Crimson Music is Your Friend shirt

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5056 on: April 29, 2022, 07:02:15 PM »
Pre-ordered!

Just did the same! Not a bad set for the price, especially since it's two BDs and not DVDs this time!

-Marc.

Yeah I really enjoy these releases, the energy on the shows is so infectious, I don't mind getting all of them. Looks like the date for release is June 24th.

This 5 CD / 2 Blu-ray set captures An Evening of Innocence and An Evening of Danger shows which premiered the new NMB songs with a selection of deep cuts and favorite tracks!
This release is exclusive to Radiant Records and if all goes according to plan, we will have copies for sale on the NMB European tour!
Release date is Friday June 24th and orders will ship at that time.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5057 on: April 29, 2022, 07:09:25 PM »
Into the Blue is the opener

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #5058 on: April 29, 2022, 07:10:22 PM »
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5059 on: April 29, 2022, 07:16:31 PM »

Oh wow, what an opener! I assume they'll do The Whirlwind after the intermission tonight? No surprise appearance by Daniel?  ;)

I guess if *anything* had to be played from Kaleidoscope, I'm happy it's "Into The Blue"!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #5060 on: April 29, 2022, 07:22:06 PM »

Very awesome opener! My favorite off that album. :tup
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5061 on: April 29, 2022, 07:25:39 PM »
No Daniel

Ted is mvp

Service is shit here will update when I can

2nd song In Held ‘Twas In I  :eek
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 09:53:39 PM by Metropolaris »

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #5062 on: April 29, 2022, 07:28:56 PM »

I definitely wouldn't want to see that one :huh:

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #5063 on: April 29, 2022, 07:32:55 PM »

I definitely wouldn't want to see that one :huh:

I mean, I get it. But, yeah, not one I'd be clamoring for. Cool for the uniqueness and rarity factor, though. I'm sure that was an MP pick.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5064 on: April 29, 2022, 07:48:14 PM »
Shine

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #5065 on: April 29, 2022, 07:53:04 PM »
Shine

Yay! (I love the Kaleidoscope album)
WELP.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5066 on: April 29, 2022, 07:54:33 PM »
Guitar duet / We All Need Some Light

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5067 on: April 29, 2022, 08:00:52 PM »
Whirlwind

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #5068 on: April 29, 2022, 08:14:06 PM »
Whirlwind

Well then! That's probably the set. I'd be surprised if they encored after Whirlwind. Set is already at 2:15... and then tomorrow will be a bit longer (which makes sense as TAV is about 20-30 minutes longer than Whirlwind). Probably 2:45-3 hours tomorrow to make it the five hours they said they had prepared.

My guess for tomorrow:

TAV
---------
Suite Charlotte Pike
Mystery Train or Spinning or For Such a Time (a short rarity in this slot, maybe two)
Medley: Duel with the Devil/My New World/All of the Above/Stranger in Your Soul
WELP.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5069 on: April 29, 2022, 09:23:44 PM »
No encore. Will post details later. 10/10

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5070 on: April 29, 2022, 09:37:42 PM »
No encore. Will post details later. 10/10

Hope it was a great show! So to sum up, tonight's setlist was:

Into The Blue
In Held ('Twas) In I
Shine
Roine & Neal Duet / We All Need Some Light
The Whrilwind

So roughly 140 minutes of music tonight. Mike had said they would be playing about 5 hours of music this weekend, so toss in 100 for TAU, that leaves one hour. What are the odds that they'll just play Duel and Stranger in their entirety? At least Duel, and then maybe the AOTA/SIYS medley from the Kaleidoscope tour?

-Marc.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5071 on: April 29, 2022, 10:05:38 PM »
Show tonight was great. Whirlwind was a little rough around the edges here and there, which is to be expected given they haven't played it in full in more than a decade. Highlight fore might've been We All Need Some Light with the string quartet, just beautiful. Wondering if Shine was a last minute addition to the set given that it was abridged (no Roine solo and Neal took almost all of the vocals).

If they are just doing two epics tomorrow night I'd prefer they do All of the Above and Stranger. To me those are the quintessential TA epics and most deserving of the Morsefest bells and whistles
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5072 on: April 29, 2022, 10:15:59 PM »
Pete Trewavas to me is the star of the show. His sound, being in the forefront.   Just amazing.   All that talk about Ronie being sloppy but tonight, he had such dimension.   

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5073 on: April 29, 2022, 10:21:50 PM »
That was fantastic!

The night opened with a big surprise with Into the Blue. As I said before, I didn't expect them to break out either of the epics from Kaleidoscope, so Blue was a welcome surprise. I was seated near the sound guy, and when Roine started singing we couldn't hear him, and the sound guy (Rich Mouser maybe?) started screaming and cursing at somebody. It was a bit awkward but oh well. Ted sounded great during Daniel's section.

In Held 'Twas In I was a surprise, though I hesitate to say a welcome one. I honestly don't think I've ever listened to the studio version. MP introduced the song and Roine talked a bit about how much he loved Procol Harum and he seemed really excited to play the song.

Shine was dedicated to a friend of the band who passed away recently. I'm sad to say his name has slipped my mind, maybe someone else remembers. The band played it well. Not much to say about this song.

The guitar duet was a nice bathroom break for me  :lol
WANSL was a highlight of the night. The whole venue was singing along to the chorus and it was just magical. Neal had a great solo on the 12-string.

As I've said before, the Whirlwind is one of my all time favorite album. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I was worried about the Whirlwind set based on how rocky some of the performances from the tour were, I'm happy to say they nailed it, IMO.

Some notable highlights of the Whirlwind:
On the Prowl. Everybody onstage looked like they were having the time of their life.
Rose Colored Glasses. Just beautiful and emotional and powerful.
Ted took over some lead vocals. He sang Lay Down Your Life, and thank god for that because I would hate to have heard Neal struggling his way through that. Ted nailed it. He also sang MP's part on the chorus to Set Us Free.
Is It Really Happening. Just a perfect build up to the grand finale. Once again kudos to Ted for nailing that unison section, which is a bitch to play.
The strings and auxillary percussion added a lot, but I honestly had a hard time hearing the choir.

No Boba Fett, in case anyone was wondering.

All that talk about Ronie being sloppy but tonight, he had such dimension.   

Roine really impressed me tonight. After seeing those vids from earlier in the tour I was really worried, but I think he did a stellar job tonight.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #5074 on: April 29, 2022, 10:51:27 PM »
Shine was dedicated to a friend of the band who passed away recently. I'm sad to say his name has slipped my mind, maybe someone else remembers. The band played it well. Not much to say about this song.

Paul Hanlon, who died earlier this week. There's been posts on Facebook for a few weeks regarding his declining health. Neal has said before that one of the times he visited Paul was the inspiration for Shine.
WELP.