Author Topic: Official 2017-2018 NHL Thread v. Break the Ice  (Read 95452 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Official 2017-2018 NHL Thread v. Break the Ice
« Reply #840 on: April 11, 2018, 08:49:43 PM »
Crosby's deflections/redirects on his 2nd and 3rd goals tonight were pretty filthy.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #841 on: April 12, 2018, 05:21:27 AM »
Crosby's deflections/redirects on his 2nd and 3rd goals tonight were pretty filthy.

Indeed they were. Those kinds of play(er)s can carry a team to the Cup/final. If he keeps that up, they could 3-peat.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #842 on: April 12, 2018, 05:39:25 AM »

Indeed they were. Those kinds of play(er)s can carry a team to the Cup/final. If he keeps that up, they could 3-peat.

That would be nuts in this day and age.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #843 on: April 12, 2018, 06:15:38 AM »

That would be nuts in this day and age.

It would be. Honestly, as a life long Pens fan at this point it's all icing on the cake.

In the Crosby - Malkin era they have made the playoffs the last 12 years, made the finals 4 of those years, and won the cup 3 times. As a fan in the salary cap era, you really can't ask for more. To win 3 in a row would be incredible, but I'm counting on nothing, these guys have delivered and then some over their time here.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #844 on: April 12, 2018, 07:21:54 PM »
Bruins looking great tonight.  Kadri  is going to get suspended for that hit.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #845 on: April 12, 2018, 07:25:05 PM »
I'm glad he got tossed. They've been trying to bait Marchand all night.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #846 on: April 12, 2018, 07:26:07 PM »
As well they should  They know he's chippy but they know how important he is to the Bruins.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #847 on: April 12, 2018, 07:54:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure all it takes to bait Marchand is to be out on the ice in the other team's jersey :P
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #848 on: April 12, 2018, 07:55:55 PM »
You biased mother

Oh wait.....

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #849 on: April 12, 2018, 07:56:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure all it takes to bait Marchand is to be out on the ice in the other team's jersey :P

:lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #850 on: April 12, 2018, 08:24:07 PM »
I'm glad he got tossed. They've been trying to bait Marchand all night.

Yeah, like Marchand going all smoochie-smoochie with Komarov - TWICE - isn't baiting anyone.

The better team won tonight.  It was closer than 5-1... Leafs deserved better than 0-3 on the PP, but got sloppy on a few occasions.  Both Backes' and Pasternak's goal were sloppy defensive efforts.

We can all expect a better effort on Saturday - with Kadri in the press box.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #851 on: April 12, 2018, 11:55:24 PM »
Can I ask, what the hell is what up with licking Kamarov? I don’t even think that’s getting into his head, it’s just...weird. I’m honestly surprised no one has gone after him more. There’s just nothing that I like about him. He comes off to me as a guy that isn’t nice off the ice.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline romdrums

« Reply #852 on: April 13, 2018, 07:00:33 AM »
Can I ask, what the hell is what up with licking Kamarov? I don’t even think that’s getting into his head, it’s just...weird. I’m honestly surprised no one has gone after him more. There’s just nothing that I like about him. He comes off to me as a guy that isn’t nice off the ice.

Even Sean Avery would have said, "whoa, bro, that's too much!"
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #853 on: April 13, 2018, 07:29:05 AM »
They've been trying to bait Marchand all night.

Yeah, like Marchand going all smoochie-smoochie with Komarov - TWICE - isn't baiting anyone.

:natalieportman: :natalieportman:

The better team won tonight.  It was closer than 5-1... Leafs deserved better than 0-3 on the PP, but got sloppy on a few occasions.  Both Backes' and Pasternak's goal were sloppy defensive efforts.

We can all expect a better effort on Saturday - with Kadri in the press box.

I agree with most of this. It was closer, especially the second period, but I felt that the Leafs accepted their fate when Kadri got the major. Tough to mount a comeback under those circumstances.

The Leaf's PP looks deadly. They did everything but score.

I love Mitch Marner. He put on a show. Matthews was MIA though.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 07:47:03 AM by TAC »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #854 on: April 13, 2018, 08:18:24 AM »
Reilly completely screwed the pooch on Kuraly's goal as well - puck-watching instead of taking the man.  That'll get fixed for tomorrow.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #855 on: April 13, 2018, 12:13:49 PM »
@ pg... Jennings award is a token gift.  I didn't even know the criteria until I looked it up!  Pretty meaningless individual award imo.  Why doesn't the d-men with the highest +/- on the lowest goals-against team get anything?  Granted, I don't see a lot of the Kings' games, and maybe his stats look average (particularly the w-l) because of the team in front of him.  Perhaps it would have been more accurate to have made the same comment about Quick as I did Bobrovsky... can't see him carrying that LAK team to 16 wins.

I don't disagree that the Jennings is more of a team award, but you don't win it -- and you certainly don't finish first in the league in defense -- with an "average at best" goalie.

I didn't get to see game 1 against Vegas because I was traveling and the hotel where I stayed didn't have NBCSN, but it was pretty clear that defense/goaltending wasn't the problem for the Kings.  Quick is healthy and wasn't overworked during the regular season, so if the Kings don't advance, it won't be because of Quick.

The bigger problem is that the Kings will have to play tonight without 3 of their top 5 defensemen.  Muzzin and Forbort are still injured, and Doughty is out because of a BULLSHIT suspension.  Dion Phaneuf has been a pleasant surprise since coming over from Ottawa, but he's not a #1 d-man anymore, but he'll have to play like it tonight for the Kings to have any chance.  Doughty's absence will hurt the offense as well since he's the power play quarterback, and guys like Kopitar, Carter and Brown will have to step up their defensive game more than usual to make up for Doughty's absence.

We might win 2-1 tonight or might lose 5-1.  We'll see....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #856 on: April 13, 2018, 12:22:02 PM »
I agree that was a BS suspension on Doughty.  Kadri on the other hand, that should be a 1-gamer.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #857 on: April 13, 2018, 12:25:22 PM »
I agree that was a BS suspension on Doughty.  Kadri on the other hand, that should be a 1-gamer.

Kadri has a history, doesn't he (unlike Doughty)?  I didn't see the hit, but from what I heard it definitely sounds suspension-worthy.  Should find out soon.  I thought Doughty's was worth a fine...at most.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #858 on: April 13, 2018, 12:52:36 PM »

Kadri has a history, doesn't he (unlike Doughty)?  I didn't see the hit, but from what I heard it definitely sounds suspension-worthy.  Should find out soon.  I thought Doughty's was worth a fine...at most.

He has a history of being a super-pest.  Not as bad as Marchand (or as talented for that matter), but kinda like that.  Early in his career, he was worse... he's matured a little, but yesterday he clearly slipped into his old ways.

Doughty might not have a 'history', but I always thought he had a 'reputation'. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #859 on: April 13, 2018, 01:33:05 PM »
He has a history of being a super-pest.  Not as bad as Marchand (or as talented for that matter), but kinda like that.  Early in his career, he was worse... he's matured a little, but yesterday he clearly slipped into his old ways.

After the hit, you can read Chara's lips," Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? Come on."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #860 on: April 13, 2018, 01:57:37 PM »
So I was just watching some clips on the TSN website, and I saw Leo Komorov and I immediately thought of Randy from A Christmas Story.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #861 on: April 13, 2018, 03:46:17 PM »
I knew my Red Wings were toast at the end of last year.

My best friend's Blackhawks were nothing to follow.

The neighboring Caps have not made the conference finals in twenty years.

I really, really, really miss the 1 through 8 conference seeding for the playoffs.  I hated the divisional stuff eons ago, I hate it now.  The old format provided for more rivalries (even if I had to stay up until 1 or 2 AM when the Wings were out west), it was more fair, and who wants to see the two best teams meet in the quarterfinals (conference semis)?

And...we basically 'cut the cord' two years ago.  So, no hockey at all unless it's on NBC.  grrrrr

Grouse over:  Penguins against ? in the East, N'ville against ? in the West, Pittsburgh loses in the finals.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #862 on: April 13, 2018, 05:10:10 PM »
Not surprised the Devils lost game one for a few reasons, but hopefully all the young guys got their playoff jitters out of their system and we can take care of business on Saturday. Also, I've decided I'm rooting against Nashville in the West because I caught the end of the game last night and the chanting after Nashville scores is obnoxiously long and complicated :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #863 on: April 13, 2018, 06:58:35 PM »
Wow... 3 games for Kadri.  :omg:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #864 on: April 13, 2018, 07:02:25 PM »
Wow... 3 games for Kadri.  :omg:

If this were the regular season it would've been at least 5 games.

If he had just skated over and kissed Wingels on the neck, he'd be playing in Game 2.. :lol

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #865 on: April 13, 2018, 07:10:32 PM »
The Mild are so soft. Winnipeg has had them against the ropes all 2nd period
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #866 on: April 13, 2018, 07:14:05 PM »
Ridiculous pass by Coutourier (sp WTF) on the Flyers 4th goal.

They have responded big time.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #867 on: April 13, 2018, 07:43:16 PM »

I mean 2-0 and 1-1 is a huge difference at any time, but to swing it back our way after game 1 while still playing in Pittsburgh is really really huge.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #868 on: April 13, 2018, 07:50:10 PM »
Pens did themselves a disservice from Sid's hattie.

Jets look like the real deal. Buf's hit on Koivu was nasty (in a good way)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #869 on: April 13, 2018, 07:56:13 PM »
Jets look like the real deal.

Jets-Preds will be a great series. Technically it'll be the Western Conference Finals.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #870 on: April 13, 2018, 08:05:37 PM »
Quite a reversal for Philly, and Winnipeg seems like they’re headed for a sweep (although all they’ve done so far is hold serve).

Hope my Kings can turn things around with a mostly AHL defense corps.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #871 on: April 13, 2018, 08:09:03 PM »
Jets look like the real deal.

Jets-Preds will be a great series. Technically it'll be the Western Conference Finals.

Yeah, the league should go back to re-seeding after round 1. Divisional games in round 1 is fine, but it's brutal that the two best teams in the league are (likely) playing in Round 2.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #872 on: April 13, 2018, 08:14:55 PM »
Like the Bruins/Leafs in Round 1. In reality, they're the 2 and 3 seeds in the East.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #873 on: April 14, 2018, 11:31:16 AM »

I mean 2-0 and 1-1 is a huge difference at any time, but to swing it back our way after game 1 while still playing in Pittsburgh is really really huge.

Yup, that was a HUGE win for the Flyers, good on them.

For the Pens that was a combination of some poor play and some really bad puck luck. Anyways, on to game 3!

Offline dparrott

« Reply #874 on: April 14, 2018, 11:49:14 AM »
Kings go down in 2OT, down 0-2.  Yeesh. 
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.