Author Topic: Haken v. new single Nightingale (April 26)  (Read 444287 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: Haken v. Virus (now July 24th)
« Reply #5600 on: October 27, 2021, 08:28:18 PM »
Just saw the new dates. Looks like I'll be getting to the venue at 7:45 and sitting down to dinner in K-Town by 8:45. Pretty disappointing. They're also playing the same bar and grill they played last time through. Even more disappointing. Plus, those dates are so crammed together there's really no possibility of them breaking away for one-off headline gigs like they were doing with Devin Townsend. Starting to wonder if I'm ever going to get to see these guys do a full set.

I got to imagine they'll want to do a headlining tour again soon enough, but I'd also expect them to appear at a ProgPower again so you can always make the trip to Atlanta when that happens and maybe get to enjoy a bunch of other bands and good times atmosphere.

But as I mentioned to bosk, you wouldn't at least want to check out the other headliner since you're already there and paid for it?  Not sure of your history with SX though, I know bosk wasn't a fan of Haken but also had never seen them live.

Haken where the first band to play back to back ProgPower years in 10 years, and that was only because of Shattered Fortress and likely a little bit of strong-arming from MP. It's not a festival that likes to repeat themselves too quickly, so I'd guess Haken won't be back there for the next 2 or 3 years at least.

Yup, just like they may not do another full headline tour of the US in 2-3 years. PP has only a few years left and I'd be shocked if they don't play it again before its ending. I do think a full headline tour should happen before their next PP appearance, but who knows.

Early on for them it was essential to get a ProgPower or RoSfest type festival to anchor a tour, but they were at a point, assuming COVID hasn't fucked things up too much, to where they can headline a tour of the US without a festival to tour around.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5601 on: October 28, 2021, 12:01:12 PM »
I'd like to think so too, just not sure how quickly they will come back after their tour in 2022.  Maybe they come right back in 2023 for a headline tour.  That would be cool.  It also seems like the Devin Townsend rescheduling isn't happening considering the bands are all doing their own tours in 2022. 

Also, kind of wanted to see what EB thought about maybe attending a PP. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5602 on: October 28, 2021, 01:56:01 PM »
Funny enough, Devin just tweeted the US dates are being rescheduled to next fall, but didn't give any other details. 

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #5603 on: October 28, 2021, 04:37:45 PM »
PP has only a few years left and I'd be shocked if they don't play it again before its ending.

What does this mean? Is PP USA going to stop existing at some give point?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5604 on: October 28, 2021, 05:08:11 PM »
PP has only a few years left and I'd be shocked if they don't play it again before its ending.

What does this mean? Is PP USA going to stop existing at some give point?

The promoter said he's only doing up to #25, granted someone else could take over but as of now, that's all we know.  PP USA 21 is this summer

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5605 on: November 19, 2021, 06:21:50 AM »
PSA: Ross Jennings' solo album is out today.

I've loved the singles, very much looking forward to hearing the whole thing when it arrives.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5606 on: November 19, 2021, 06:29:05 AM »
I haven't heard a single note of his singles yet, so I'm going into his album blind (or deaf).
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5607 on: November 19, 2021, 06:34:48 AM »
Dua Lipa cover is GREAT!!!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #5608 on: November 19, 2021, 06:47:31 AM »
Listened once so far and it's a very nice album. Nothing like Haken, much more 90s/early 00s pop-rock overall, nice mix of influences but pretty much all in a similar tone and style. My initial reaction is that the album's a bit on the long side - with the bonus track it's 78 minutes, but as it all has a pretty similar mood and style throughout I found it dragging just a little. But otherwise it's a really nice collection of songs and Ross sounds great.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #5609 on: November 19, 2021, 10:10:16 AM »
Ross' solo album is so beautiful. It's one of several album releases that are speaking, describing, overall perfect for where I'm at in my life right now. I don't know what it is, but these albums hit me right in the feels.

Especially, songs like Grounded, Feelings, Young At Heart, Words We Can't Unsay, Since That Day, and especially Phoenix (Now this a beautiful, uplifting song).

« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 09:47:59 PM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5610 on: November 20, 2021, 02:58:19 PM »
Dua Lipa cover is GREAT!!!

Yeah. I think it's a great way to end the album, which I is pretty good overall. As Rich said, quite different from everything I've heard from him before. The album does drag a bit but overall it's nice and enjoyable. I was not expecting this album to drop, but I'm glad it did.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5611 on: November 21, 2021, 09:06:00 AM »
I'm loving this album more with each listen. Right now Phoenix is the favourite, especially that solo section.

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #5612 on: November 21, 2021, 04:24:57 PM »
Funny enough, Devin just tweeted the US dates are being rescheduled to next fall, but didn't give any other details.

We finally got notification last week that the show is cancelled and got our money back. So the tour is not being rescheduled.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #5613 on: November 22, 2021, 03:00:10 AM »
As both a Haken fan and a Dua Lipa fan (I'm being serious) I have been looking forward to this album during its what feels like 10-year long promotion cycle for this album.

Now that it has been out for a few days, I still haven't listened to it, because everything over the last few days has been overshadowed by David Longdon's sudden death.

I'm still looking forward to hearing this album though!
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliňujoŕupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #5614 on: November 22, 2021, 11:03:24 AM »
looks like The Thing we all knew was coming finally got officially confirmed

I am not going to be specific about it because that's funnier to me but you know what it is anyways

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5615 on: November 22, 2021, 11:07:38 AM »
Yeah, the worst kept secret has been confirmed about Diego leaving.

https://www.facebook.com/HakenOfficial

Online faizoff

« Reply #5616 on: November 22, 2021, 11:08:06 AM »
Yup officially official now.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #5617 on: November 22, 2021, 11:09:16 AM »
I see Haken has officially made the statement that Diego is leaving. The reason being creative differences isn't surprising. He looked really at ease playing alongside Devin Townsend in the videos I saw on YouTube.

I look forward to his future output and to hear what Haken can bring to fruition. I will miss Diego in Haken though, as he was one of the main reasons for me getting into the band.

I am postulating that Ross felt the same and made his solo album for these creative ideas to be released, rather than keeping them bottled and creating a rift like what happened with Diego. He said in the track-by-track video for Grounded that for the lyrics he left his sleeve out there and it's how he feels. I appreciate that and it does show in his tone, emotion, and passion in his vocals for that song.

It's a really beautiful song with a  very uplifting message of hope.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #5618 on: November 22, 2021, 11:12:22 AM »
Finally!

I be am boner inducing.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #5619 on: November 22, 2021, 11:13:17 AM »
At least this seems a bit more amicable than some were thinking. I wish Diego all the best, though I have to wonder who they will get to replace him in the band? Any ideas, leads, or suggestions?

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #5620 on: November 22, 2021, 11:25:06 AM »
And it took them a year to write this statement?  ;)
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Kram

« Reply #5621 on: November 22, 2021, 11:25:21 AM »
At least this seems a bit more amicable than some were thinking. I wish Diego all the best, though I have to wonder who they will get to replace him in the band? Any ideas, leads, or suggestions?

-Marc.
Derek Sherinian?  JK

Offline jammindude

« Reply #5622 on: November 22, 2021, 11:26:14 AM »
I just hope they do decide to replace him. Given the direction they’ve been going lately, I would hate to see them continue forward with no keyboardist. The other possibility would be someone pulling double duty and thus minimizing the keyboard input. But we will see
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5623 on: November 22, 2021, 11:30:42 AM »
Well, there it is.  And now is Diego's new work going to be with Devin Townsend as rumored? 

Honestly, the statement itself isn't really news, but seems to hint at both news from Diego and Haken in the future.

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #5624 on: November 22, 2021, 11:31:29 AM »
ok!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #5625 on: November 22, 2021, 11:37:49 AM »
Well, there it is.  And now is Diego's new work going to be with Devin Townsend as rumored? 

I hope he's smarter than Mike Portnoy and doesn't expect that to be a secure position. :lol
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #5626 on: November 22, 2021, 12:03:36 PM »
Finally!

-Marc.

My bet is someone Rich knows very, very well ;) :lol

I hope he's smarter than Mike Portnoy and doesn't expect that to be a secure position. :lol

Savage :rollin
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #5627 on: November 22, 2021, 01:12:49 PM »
At least this seems a bit more amicable than some were thinking.
And it took them a year to write this statement?  ;)
These two posts go well together.

I agree the statement does appear amicable.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 02:14:11 PM by ariich »

I be am boner inducing.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #5628 on: November 22, 2021, 01:26:03 PM »
To put it another way, the statement seems amicable because it took a year of legal fighting to write it out that way. LOL
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5629 on: November 22, 2021, 01:47:11 PM »
 :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #5630 on: November 22, 2021, 02:27:23 PM »
So when is the announcement that Pete is the new (old) keyboardist?
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #5631 on: November 22, 2021, 04:21:26 PM »
I would 100% bet that they are legally required to leave a gap of time between this announcement and announcing the new keyboard player as to let this push as many people to Diego's solo links as possible.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online The Letter M

« Reply #5632 on: November 22, 2021, 04:24:46 PM »
I would 100% bet that they are legally required to leave a gap of time between this announcement and announcing the new keyboard player as to let this push as many people to Diego's solo links as possible.

I would be willing to bet that they won't announce Diego's replacement til at LEAST after New Years. They don't tour until early February, so that's about halfway between now and then.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5633 on: November 22, 2021, 04:33:58 PM »
They could pull an opeth and make the announcement the day before the tour starts. There's really no rush to announce but if they are holding off specifically to help not take away news from Diego, then it sounds like a pretty nice break up.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #5634 on: November 22, 2021, 05:10:55 PM »
They could pull an opeth and make the announcement the day before the tour starts. There's really no rush to announce but if they are holding off specifically to help not take away news from Diego, then it sounds like a pretty nice break up.

True, though I think if ticket sales are a bit underperforming, an announcement a few weeks ahead of the tour might help them boost sales up a bit, especially if their original keyboardist returns.

-Marc.