Author Topic: Haken v. new single Nightingale (April 26)  (Read 444287 times)

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: Haken v. Virus (now July 24th)
« Reply #4445 on: July 11, 2020, 04:40:22 PM »
I'm holding out, although tempted to download it as I see lots of people talking  I can wait, but if say it gets pushed to October without any explanation.. I may not be able to resist the temptation.
:lol :lol :lol

Yeah, I thought what he gave me was legit.  I feel a little bad now.  Regardless, I will more than likely buy the CD, cause I still like hard copies of my favorite bands works

Don't feel bad. Whether the band or labels fault, it's what was likely to happen once they kept delaying the music and it's out there.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4446 on: July 11, 2020, 04:42:26 PM »
It's not the band's or the label's fault and this is a shitty enough situation for them.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4447 on: July 11, 2020, 07:02:11 PM »
My logic on early leaks is I never seek them out, as I am pretty patient when it comes to new album releases (despite my posts about this delay), but if someone emails me a link or something that makes it easy, I will usually not resist and listen.  I have no intentions of hearing the Haken album until it is finally released. 

With all due respect, this post appears to assume that it was within the band's or label's power to publicly be specific about why the album has been delayed a few times, but there's no evidence that that's the case or that it's been handled badly. The fact that online culture is now considerably more entitled and impatient doesn't mean they could do anything about it.

I do hope people can have just a bit more patience - it's less than two weeks now and from what I understand everything is now on track to meet that.

Patience is not my issue here.  I am almost always pretty patient when it comes to new releases.  Customer service is what I am taking issue with here, and it is hard to believe that neither the band nor the label cannot let the customers know why these delays keep happening.  If the issue is the title, then come out and say it.  Legally speaking, what would stop them?  I am honestly asking.

Offline NoFred

« Reply #4448 on: July 11, 2020, 09:19:57 PM »
^ agreed this has been poorly handled in PR terms

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4449 on: July 12, 2020, 12:11:23 AM »
With all due respect, this post appears to assume that it was within the band's or label's power to publicly be specific about why the album has been delayed a few times, but there's no evidence that that's the case or that it's been handled badly. The fact that online culture is now considerably more entitled and impatient doesn't mean they could do anything about it.

I do hope people can have just a bit more patience - it's less than two weeks now and from what I understand everything is now on track to meet that.

Patience is not my issue here.  I am almost always pretty patient when it comes to new releases.  Customer service is what I am taking issue with here, and it is hard to believe that neither the band nor the label cannot let the customers know why these delays keep happening.  If the issue is the title, then come out and say it.  Legally speaking, what would stop them?  I am honestly asking.
Yeah that's my fault as I wasn't clear, but I was more meaning patient with the band in terms of communications etc. I'm not aware of any issue with the title, as far as I know the complications have been things that the band can't talk, or at least can't talk about yet. I hope everything becomes clearer once the album is out as I feel that some people are quite quick to make assumptions and rush to judgement (again, part of the online culture these days I suppose).

I be am boner inducing.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #4450 on: July 12, 2020, 02:48:28 AM »
There we go then. That only leaves the Diego situation as the only possible explanation. There has to be an element of truth to that rumour otherwise it wouldn't have come out.

I rushed to judgment. Try and stop me.

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #4451 on: July 12, 2020, 04:01:22 AM »
There we go then. That only leaves the Diego situation as the only possible explanation. There has to be an element of truth to that rumour otherwise it wouldn't have come out.

what would Diego have to do with all this?
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4452 on: July 12, 2020, 04:19:23 AM »

Yeah that's my fault as I wasn't clear, but I was more meaning patient with the band in terms of communications etc. I'm not aware of any issue with the title, as far as I know the complications have been things that the band can't talk, or at least can't talk about yet. I hope everything becomes clearer once the album is out as I feel that some people are quite quick to make assumptions and rush to judgement (again, part of the online culture these days I suppose).

It is natural that people will speculate, and sometimes there will be fairly wild speculations, if there is no transparent reason given for the delay.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4453 on: July 12, 2020, 07:33:17 AM »

Who is rushing to judgment?  As customers, all some of us are asking for is the reason why the product we have been told is getting released keeps getting delayed.  That is more than reasonable for us to ask. 

Steven Wilson delayed the release of his new album once (instead of rolling it back several times) and gave us the reason why at the same time.  That's how you do it.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #4454 on: July 12, 2020, 10:51:46 AM »

But how would that delay the actual release of the album?
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4455 on: July 12, 2020, 11:05:07 AM »
As customers, all some of us are asking for is the reason why the product we have been told is getting released keeps getting delayed.  That is more than reasonable for us to ask. 

Yup, I totally agree with this.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #4456 on: July 12, 2020, 11:50:53 AM »

Read a few pages back in this thread. He's probably taken them to court for something or other. If it was a logistical problem with pressing discs or a mixing problem, they would tell us. The fact they can't tell us leaves me in no doubt that it's for legal reasons. Otherwise what do they have to hide? They are not being honest with their fans who put bread on their table.

Offline emtee

« Reply #4457 on: July 12, 2020, 12:11:10 PM »
Truly enjoying the available singles. These guys sizzle!

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #4458 on: July 12, 2020, 12:25:36 PM »

Read a few pages back in this thread. He's probably taken them to court for something or other. If it was a logistical problem with pressing discs or a mixing problem, they would tell us. The fact they can't tell us leaves me in no doubt that it's for legal reasons. Otherwise what do they have to hide? They are not being honest with their fans who put bread on their table.

I agree. They're doing all those Twitch sessions (haven't seen anything of it) and are pretty active on Social Media. It doesn't make sense to be completely silent about the delay unless it's something they can't tell right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we get another delay in a few days which will confirm something not right.

I really hope the Diego rumours are just rumours and he stays in the band. If the rumours are true I wouldn't be surprised if he announces a project with Eric Gilette (and probably a certain drummer they both shared the stage with..)

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #4459 on: July 12, 2020, 12:33:45 PM »
Actually, Diego said in an interview (which I believe was with MinistroRaven) that he would love to do something with Eric Gillette and Baard Kolstad. That would excite me much more than Haken currently does :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4460 on: July 12, 2020, 01:32:25 PM »

It is natural that people will speculate, and sometimes there will be fairly wild speculations, if there is no transparent reason given for the delay.
Oh absolutely, if you scroll back through the thread since the first delay was mentioned, at no point have I suggested that people shouldn't speculate, and indeed I was speculating a little myself at first. I know some people don't like speculation, but I'm completely fine with it.

It's just that it's one thing to say "maybe it's this", "I wonder if it's that" or even "based on all this stuff, it seems like it's probably that", but another to make assumptions about what is or isn't going on and then form judgements based on those assumptions. I don't really see that as speculating.

Don't get me wrong, I understand it. I just consider it unfair on the band and the label.

I be am boner inducing.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4461 on: July 12, 2020, 01:54:08 PM »
For me,

I would like an explanation about why they couldn't release the music digitally?

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #4462 on: July 12, 2020, 02:44:50 PM »
I remember when a German band pretended that a band member didn't exist anymore during the marketing of their new album. Just to weird people out and get them talking.
Maybe Haken are going for something similar...

...a VIRAL marketing stunt  :o

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #4463 on: July 12, 2020, 10:38:13 PM »
I just hope the July 24th release sticks and we can finally listen to the new album.  And I also hope that any rumors about the band itself end up not being true.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4464 on: July 13, 2020, 05:07:27 PM »
I can't place my thumb on it... But I have a feeling that Godzilla and Al Qaeda have something to do with the delay. 
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #4465 on: July 14, 2020, 03:48:53 AM »
As someone who cannot really get into Haken due to the vocals, I do not seem to have that problem with Vector, was listening today and like it.

For me,

I would like an explanation about why they couldn't release the music digitally?

Probably because a lot of physical sales tend to be frontloaded? Miss that window and it will likely affect sales.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 04:01:49 AM by ErHaO »

Offline me7

« Reply #4466 on: July 14, 2020, 04:04:41 AM »
As someone who cannot really get into Halen due to the vocals...

Neither the Roth nor the Hager era? Usually people enjoy at least one flavour of Van Halen.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #4467 on: July 14, 2020, 04:09:23 AM »
As someone who cannot really get into Halen due to the vocals...

Neither the Roth nor the Hager era? Usually people enjoy at least one flavour of Van Halen.

Yeah, typo and no I was never able to get into Halen either  ;D

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #4468 on: July 14, 2020, 11:05:03 PM »
I was thinking about how many artists have still been putting out records and various projects despite the current global situation and wondered why Haken couldn't just do the same and release the thing digitally, which is how most people tend to consume music nowadays. Although I'm open to the idea that I'm simply uninformed, so anyone feel free the correct me if I'm wrong. Could it be that Haken, not being the most popular band in the world, relies predominantly on the physical sales of their studio output when not touring?

Again, I'm well aware that there may be other factors that I haven't considered. I'm just not 100% on how a band on Haken's scale generates the majority of their income when releasing new music.

Not having been the hugest fan of Vector and hearing how similar Virus will be to it, I'm not exactly at the edge of my seat to hear it, but I've been following their output since The Mountain and will definitely always check out anything new they put out.

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #4469 on: July 15, 2020, 01:19:48 AM »
I think it's going to be a problem regardless. Apparently, there's a leak of the album out there that people are already listening to, so with the music itself, there's nothing wrong. I'm not interested in looking up the leak myself, since I pre-ordered and will wait for the thing to arrive, but I can imagine some fans will do that. It could hurt their sales if they stall too much, since 'everybody' will have listened to the thing before it's officially released.

I do want to know what's causing this delay, but we might not ever find out.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline me7

« Reply #4470 on: July 15, 2020, 04:10:48 AM »
But then again, some people might find the leak reassuring. If you pay for a preorder and the album gets pushed back repeatedly, you could begin to wonder what is going on. Maybe you should ask for a refund and see how it plays out.

Listening to the leak and finding out that the album meets your expectations would wash away your worries. The label would get to keep the preorder money in a time, when canceled concerts hurt it's finances.

...just hypothetically, of course. If someone were to listen to the leak :angel:

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #4471 on: July 15, 2020, 07:17:01 AM »
But then again, some people might find the leak reassuring. If you pay for a preorder and the album gets pushed back repeatedly, you could begin to wonder what is going on. Maybe you should ask for a refund and see how it plays out.

Listening to the leak and finding out that the album meets your expectations would wash away your worries. The label would get to keep the preorder money in a time, when canceled concerts hurt it's finances.

...just hypothetically, of course. If someone were to listen to the leak :angel:

That's an interesting perspective.  I can see how that may calm a fan's fears.  From what I can tell, leaks usually don't happen until a week to two weeks before release.  So I'd say this is a good sign.  And considering there was no such leak prior to June 5th or any of the other proposed release dates, it may be that the album was finally able to move forward to a state where a leak would be possible.

I don't know much about the process of releasing an album, but that's my two cents.

The delays have really bummed me out, but I'm still no less excited for this album.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4472 on: July 15, 2020, 08:15:59 AM »
That's an interesting perspective.  I can see how that may calm a fan's fears.  From what I can tell, leaks usually don't happen until a week to two weeks before release.  So I'd say this is a good sign.  And considering there was no such leak prior to June 5th or any of the other proposed release dates, it may be that the album was finally able to move forward to a state where a leak would be possible.

I don't know much about the process of releasing an album, but that's my two cents.
I think there's a lot of merit in that perspective. Also, the previous delays have always been announced around two weeks before the planned release, because that's (at least) how long it takes to get things in place in terms of distribution etc, for all the reasons that Train talked about previously. So the fact that we're now only 9 days away and Inside Out are confidently talking about 24th July, plus as you say the fact that the album leaked, it's all looking good. I'm now 99% certain that the album will indeed come out on the 24th.

Well done past me:

We should start a guessing game about when the album will be released.
Perhaps being optimistic, but I think 24th July will stick.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4473 on: July 15, 2020, 09:10:17 AM »
Ok, we're at 9 more days now.  Let's hope they don't push it out further.  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline allewartenaufdaslicht_

• Go build a steam-driven machine
« Reply #4474 on: July 16, 2020, 07:17:25 AM »
Cheers everyone.

might have been posted before, but...

"Ever wondered how the first track on the album Vector would have been in an alternate reality, where different sonic choices were made?
 "False Memories

Friday, 17 July 2020" - Diego Tejeida

What do you guys make of this? Just a funny way to announce something or is there bitterness in this?
to the beautiful and the wise, the mirror always lies

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #4475 on: July 16, 2020, 12:17:18 PM »
Cheers everyone.

might have been posted before, but...

"Ever wondered how the first track on the album Vector would have been in an alternate reality, where different sonic choices were made?
 "False Memories

Friday, 17 July 2020" - Diego Tejeida

What do you guys make of this? Just a funny way to announce something or is there bitterness in this?

Link? It isn't Friday 17 juli 2020 in most parts of the world..
If it's real it seems a bit bitter.

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #4476 on: July 16, 2020, 12:21:50 PM »
That just sounds like a tease for something and doesn’t sound bitter at all.

Like, he’s talking about Clear, right? The song I forgot existed for months because it’s just a short intro track before the first proper song? If he’s actually bitter about how a specific song turned out it doesn’t make much sense for it to be that one.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4477 on: July 16, 2020, 12:33:51 PM »
I don't even understand that quote at all.  Hard to make any sense of it to form an opinion of it's meaning  :lol

Offline me7

« Reply #4478 on: July 16, 2020, 12:41:11 PM »
I love how someone created a new account to post this.

Looks like a solo album announcement.

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #4479 on: July 16, 2020, 01:01:52 PM »
I love how someone created a new account to post this.

Looks like a solo album announcement.

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but yeah I wonder.  He didn't even introduce himself.