Author Topic: Haken v. new single Nightingale (April 26)  (Read 443814 times)

Offline Fritzinger

Re: Haken v. Virus (now June 19th)
« Reply #4305 on: June 04, 2020, 11:03:46 AM »
Guys, bad news

Dearest Haken friends, family and fans,
Unfortunately, due to ongoing logistical challenges, our new album ‘Virus’ will now be released on July 10th. We’d like to thank everyone behind the scenes at Inside Out and the various distribution channels who are working as hard as possible to navigate the challenging times in which we find ourselves. We know this news will be as disappointing to you as it is to us, but we want you to know that we really, really appreciate your patience - so a big THANK YOU goes to you for sticking with us while we get through this.
All the best,
Haken
any rock can be made to roll

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4306 on: June 04, 2020, 11:09:31 AM »
:sadpanda:

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #4307 on: June 04, 2020, 11:13:39 AM »
 :'(

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #4308 on: June 04, 2020, 11:15:01 AM »
c'mon guys this is the virus we want, rather than the one we've currently got :(

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4309 on: June 04, 2020, 11:18:07 AM »
As long as we get it, I don't mind, but it's still sad news. At least I won't be starved for new music since Frost*, Nick D'Virgilio, Kansas, and McStine & Minnemann will all have new music out before July 10th, so I'll be kept busy with those until Virus comes out.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #4310 on: June 04, 2020, 12:54:28 PM »
As long as we get it, I don't mind, but it's still sad news. At least I won't be starved for new music since Frost*, Nick D'Virgilio, Kansas, and McStine & Minnemann will all have new music out before July 10th, so I'll be kept busy with those until Virus comes out.

-Marc.

Really excited about the Frost* and NDV releases!
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4311 on: June 04, 2020, 12:56:11 PM »
I get it, but it still sucks :-\

c'mon guys this is the virus we want, rather than the one we've currently got :(

Yeeep
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #4312 on: June 04, 2020, 01:15:10 PM »
They could release it digitally as planned, postpone physical shipments and send download coupons to people who preordered physical copies.

I assume Haken are among the bigger bands at Inside Out and their releases generate a sizable amount of cash. But maybe I'm wrong about that or the label has an abundance of cashflow at the moment.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4313 on: June 04, 2020, 01:20:15 PM »
As far as I know, it's not as simple as just releasing the digital album.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #4314 on: June 04, 2020, 04:06:10 PM »
They could release it digitally as planned, postpone physical shipments and send download coupons to people who preordered physical copies.

I assume Haken are among the bigger bands at Inside Out and their releases generate a sizable amount of cash. But maybe I'm wrong about that or the label has an abundance of cashflow at the moment.

I've heard rumours that it's actually a mixing issue that's caused the delay, not a shipping one.

Idk how trustworthy this is, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4315 on: June 04, 2020, 08:06:12 PM »
Wouldn't the entire album be mixed around the same time?  The three songs which have all been released are all still available to buy digitally at iTunes.  It seems odds that the rest of the album would still be needing a proper mix.  But what do I know? :lol

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #4316 on: June 04, 2020, 08:25:24 PM »
Wouldn't the entire album be mixed around the same time?  The three songs which have all been released are all still available to buy digitally at iTunes.  It seems odds that the rest of the album would still be needing a proper mix.  But what do I know? :lol

Sometimes bands have the singles mixed first to meet the promotional campaign schedule but the rest of the songs will still need to be mixed, but I wouldn't think this is the case, as some people have already got promotional copies to review (and MP to tell us how amazing it is). But, quoting Kev, what do I know? :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4317 on: June 05, 2020, 12:03:45 AM »
I'm not aware of any mixing issue and I'm pretty certain Kev is right that the whole album was mixed and mastered together. No idea where that rumour came from!

I be am boner inducing.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4318 on: June 05, 2020, 12:06:50 AM »
Do we know about any other album release being postponed due to the Corona pandemic or is it just Haken and Steven Wilson? I'm sure other artists are going through the same thing with their upcoming releases.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #4319 on: June 05, 2020, 12:14:53 AM »
Do we know about any other album release being postponed due to the Corona pandemic or is it just Haken and Steven Wilson? I'm sure other artists are going through the same thing with their upcoming releases.

If it's a shipping issue, then I guess Haken underestimated how long it'd take. Maybe that's not the case with other artists whose albums haven't been delayed. But then again, I'd imagine that that'd be decided by the record label & not the band itself, so if other InsideOut albums are getting their albums out on time, then who knows? Perhaps that's why people are suspicious that it may not be a shipping issue, but either way, there's not much we can do except wait another 5 weeks (& hope that it doesn't get delayed again :().
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #4320 on: June 05, 2020, 12:15:42 AM »
I personally had 3 instances of postponed releases this year at the record label I work at. But out of those, none of the release dates were already announced.

The most common reason to postpone releases right now is because there can't be any tours to support the release, that's absolutely massive. I totally support the band's / label's decision to do so in most cases.

There was actually one band we strongly adviced to postpone since their release date was 29 May, but they really wanted to stick with it. That's admirable, and one could also argue that right now there will be more spotlights on new releases because everyone is going to be releasing right after the restrictions are lifted.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #4321 on: June 05, 2020, 12:25:55 AM »
I personally had 3 instances of postponed releases this year at the record label I work at. But out of those, none of the release dates were already announced.

The most common reason to postpone releases right now is because there can't be any tours to support the release, that's absolutely massive. I totally support the band's / label's decision to do so in most cases.

There was actually one band we strongly adviced to postpone since their release date was 29 May, but they really wanted to stick with it. That's admirable, and one could also argue that right now there will be more spotlights on new releases because everyone is going to be releasing right after the restrictions are lifted.

Great insight into how these things work!

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #4322 on: June 05, 2020, 12:29:04 AM »

Deep Purple

Offline Bentower

« Reply #4323 on: June 05, 2020, 12:41:04 AM »
The new Carcass album was also pushed back.
Human by Nature (prog-infused psychedelic metal): https://linktr.ee/hbnearth
Our debut album "Eläimys" is a trip I can whole-heartedly recommend to anyone into Pain of Salvation, Opeth, The Mars Volta, Magma etc.

Offline the_silent_man

« Reply #4324 on: June 05, 2020, 01:37:44 AM »
Also Lamb of God

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #4325 on: June 05, 2020, 02:06:13 AM »

Sometimes bands have the singles mixed first to meet the promotional campaign schedule but the rest of the songs will still need to be mixed, but I wouldn't think this is the case, as some people have already got promotional copies to review (and MP to tell us how amazing it is). But, quoting Kev, what do I know? :lol

Yeah, the promo copy sounds "mixed" to me. No differences whatsoever between the singles and the other songs...

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4326 on: June 05, 2020, 03:49:49 AM »
Now delayed until 10 July.

How on earth did I miss someone posting that right at the top of the page?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 07:01:12 AM by nobloodyname »
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #4327 on: June 07, 2020, 02:39:44 AM »
Everything I'm waiting for keeps getting delayed.  :sad:
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Mladen

Re: Haken v. Virus (now July 10th)
« Reply #4328 on: June 07, 2020, 04:30:40 AM »
As long as they're not delaying it until 2021 like Steven Wilson did, it's really not that bad.  ;D

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4329 on: June 07, 2020, 05:27:22 AM »
As long as they're not delaying it until 2021 like Steven Wilson did

Yet :biggrin:
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #4330 on: June 07, 2020, 10:12:27 AM »
Good thing we got the new Tool album last year or it would have just never came out. :neverusethis:
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4331 on: June 10, 2020, 02:59:22 PM »
Damn, I totally spaced the 6/5 release date.  Guess it doesn't matter now.  Working from home for the last 3 months, I easily lose track of the days.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4332 on: June 10, 2020, 03:09:44 PM »
Damn, I totally spaced the 6/5 release date.  Guess it doesn't matter now.  Working from home for the last 3 months, I easily lose track of the days.  :lol

Yea, time just seems so odd these days that this push back really doesn't seem like a big deal to me.  7/10 will be here soon enough and I probably won't even realize until the day of when everyone here is talking about the album  :lol  Plus it's not like there's a tour happening and now you won't get to listen to the album before you see the songs live. 

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #4333 on: June 13, 2020, 12:04:01 PM »
I'm hoping they'll do a thing where they stream the album once before it comes out to give us a chance to listen to it early. What do you think the probability of that is?

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #4334 on: June 14, 2020, 05:07:12 AM »
I didn't know they did stuff like that anymore. That's more of a 2013 thing.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #4335 on: June 14, 2020, 06:04:55 AM »
Exclusive album premieres are not a myth :lol still very much a thing for as long as online music magazines / blogs continue to exist
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #4336 on: June 14, 2020, 07:47:50 AM »
Last time I heard about something like this was before the release of DT12... So I guess it's really a '13 thang

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4337 on: June 14, 2020, 08:37:47 AM »
Deerhoof did that for their new album two months ago. Oddly enough, it was a Facebook stream, yet the album didn't leak for weeks after that.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #4338 on: June 14, 2020, 11:10:31 AM »
Last time I heard about something like this was before the release of DT12... So I guess it's really a '13 thang

Exclusive album premieres are not a myth :lol still very much a thing for as long as online music magazines / blogs continue to exist

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #4339 on: June 24, 2020, 01:02:25 PM »
Another delay: 24th of july.

Let's hope there will be some touring now things are opening up a little bit more here in Europe.
Concerts are allowed again in my country, no limited number of visitors as long as the 1,5 meter distance is garanteed.
It still sucks but we might be back in a concert hall soon.