Author Topic: E3 2012!  (Read 6260 times)

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: E3 2012!
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 07:18:04 AM »
 :lol

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 11:06:56 AM »
I'd LOVE to see Eternal Darkness 2.

You bastard. You just had to mention that... I've lost hope. But that would be epic. But it'll never happen. But it might. AHHHHHHHHHH MY BRAIN IS ON FIRE.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 11:09:57 AM »
Yey!! E3! Let's bring a guy from Nike out so we can talk about fitness....
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 11:20:58 AM »
Yey!! E3! Let's bring a guy from Nike out so we can talk about fitness....

Man, remember the good ol' days when playing video games was still all about developing DVT, OD'ing on sugar, and killing things indiscriminately?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2012, 11:21:27 AM »
"I'm excited to announce that Internet Explorer is coming to Xbox." Least exciting sentence ever uttered in the English language.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2012, 11:23:02 AM »
"I'm excited to announce that Internet Explorer is coming to Xbox." Least exciting sentence ever uttered in the English language.

Haha i was just about to post that! Yea WTH! :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2012, 11:24:48 AM »

The world's worst browser goes cross platform. I am excited!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2012, 11:29:00 AM »
I may have to change my mind of the new Tomb Raider.....looks really cool actually!  :corn
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2012, 11:31:31 AM »
New Twisted Pixel game coming!!! Yay!!!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2012, 11:32:59 AM »
Yes! How I love when the Japanese game developers try to speak English! Unintentional comedy at it's finest!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2012, 11:35:49 AM »
Yes! How I love when the Japanese game developers try to speak English! Unintentional comedy at it's finest!
Rearry?  :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 11:40:16 AM »
I feel a meme just was born with that Wrecketeer thing.

EDIT: South Park: The Stick of Truth... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

:lol :lol Trey Parker making fun of the Xbox conference while IN the Xbox conference!

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »

E3 looks like it is gonna suck this year. Microsoft's conference is complete shit so far (from what I've seen, missed the start)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2012, 11:56:59 AM »
Whoa! Black Ops 2 looks like... every other CoD since 2007!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2012, 12:04:29 PM »
Whoa! Black Ops 2 looks like... every other CoD since 2007!
Itīs even the same engien as previous game!  :|

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2012, 12:05:25 PM »
They've been using that same engine since CoD4 with little to no upgrades/updates...

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2012, 12:11:36 PM »
Wow, that was the worst conference I've ever seen. Looking forward to Sony's tonight.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2012, 12:13:21 PM »
Wow, that was the worst conference I've ever seen. Looking forward to Sony's tonight.
You've never seen Konami's 2010 conference, Ubisoft's 2011 or Sony's conference where they first showed the PS3, huh?

Offline robwebster

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2012, 12:15:07 PM »
I liked SmartGlass, and would probably have liked it more if I actually owned an iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows phone, Kindle, or various other things rich people can afford.

Tomb Raider looked pretty cool.

Yep, that's all I've got. Still, I know which console to go to if I want guns and sport.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2012, 12:24:02 PM »
You've never seen Konami's 2010 conference, Ubisoft's 2011 or Sony's conference where they first showed the PS3, huh?

Actually, I saw all of those, and I still think the only one that might be worse was Konami 2010. Ubisoft (and Mr. "Caffeine") was bad, but at least they showed somewhat interesting games (at the time, anyways).

The difference was that those were embarassing, while this one simply had all filler and no good content (except Halo 4, although that is getting old too, and Forza World or Horizon or whatever its called).
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2012, 12:49:38 PM »
The spotlight games at Microsoft's conference aren't even exclusive to 360 (except Halo obviously, but I missed that trailer). They just get the DLC a month before everyone else, which isn't that big of a deal to begin with. The 360 exclusives they did show looked beyond dumb. I started watching the Black Ops 2 trailer but I stopped after a minute or two. I like the multiplayer in those games as sort of a pick-up-and-go arcade FPS type of thing, but I don't care about the campaigns at all. And like others have said, it looks just like every other COD game released in the past 5 years.

I am a little excited about what types of games will be shown for the WiiU. I really hope they don't put all the focus on the miiverse because I am sure I will never use it if I get a WiiU. Not to mention the way that stuff is mapped out is cluttered, messy and counterproductive. The miis were fun the first day I got a wii, after that I don't think I ever touched the app again. The controller has a lot of potential and I would like to see them showing more of how it can be used in games. We've seen the wii sports demonstrations and the Mario thing, I'm curious if they can bring the ideas to a whole new level now. Still, this has the potential to also be REALLY BAD. The wii motion controls were pretty useless and more of a novelty effect. Even the wii motion plus (which came out a few years AFTER launch) didn't add much to games, it was rarely used in fact. I could see the same thing happening with the WiiU pad - a few good games utilizing it and everyone else ignoring it or using it for pointless functions.

I don't even know what Sony is doing at their conference, but I will watch it (I have a PS3 after all). Not really expecting much though.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2012, 03:14:34 PM »
Massively disappointed in Dead Space 3!

Also, poor THQ. Now they lost the UFC licence to EA? Sucks to be them right now!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:25:02 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2012, 04:55:52 PM »
Just watching the Ubisoft livestream and shiiiiiiit Assassin's Creed 3 looks amazing. The tree climbing and the combat look really awesome.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2012, 05:02:26 PM »
Indeed!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2012, 05:20:07 PM »
Holy shit!! That game Ubisoft just showed, Watch Dogs I think the name was... that was fantastic!!!

Offline Pyroph

« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2012, 05:27:25 PM »
Here you go lat

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2012, 05:28:21 PM »
Quantic Dream's next game?

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2012, 05:37:19 PM »
That Zombiu or whatever it was called trailer looked really cool. Also, Watch Dogs has potential.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2012, 06:00:33 PM »
Did Halo look cool?

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2012, 06:18:37 PM »
Did Halo look cool?

I thought it looked pretty sick.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2012, 07:16:37 PM »
Watch Dogs looks like the bastard offspring of GTA and Deus Ex in terms of gameplay.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2012, 07:20:15 PM »
Here you go lat

The actual visuals for that thing are drooleriffic.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline TimelessSymphony

• just a random guy
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2012, 07:24:13 PM »
Here you go lat

The actual visuals for that thing are drooleriffic.

I agree Beyond Two Souls looks phenomenal  :omg: and glad they choose Ellen Page for the main role  :metal

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2012, 07:29:25 PM »
I loved the part where they didn't show WHAT KIND OF FUCKING GAME IT IS!!! Will it play like HR? Is it something new?! Thanks for nothing Quantic Dream.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2012, 07:32:12 PM »
Beyond looked amazing!  :tup The Playstation All-Stars game looked better than I thought. It will hold me over until the next Super Smash, at least, and it will be nice to have an actual online community instead of the horrible online service available for SSSB which continuously lagged.

All the companies are leaning towards the dual screen thing now though...

Dimi - they said they would be releasing more info on the game in the next month. It certainly is doing a good job of building hype at the very least.