Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 642031 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #4200 on: June 13, 2016, 07:10:27 AM »
     The waif was doing some T-1000 shit during that chase, lol.

Geez man I had a similar thought while watching but it was about agent Smith of The Matrix, the chase was sort of reminiscent of the Neo/Smith chase from the first movie.
But T-1000 works as well, especially since the girl kinda has his eyes haha

I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4201 on: June 13, 2016, 07:25:29 AM »
More comebacks, we got Thoros and Beric back!

The hound scenes were awesome.  Loved the dialogue between these three.

Also the talks with Brienne, Jamie, and Blackfish were great.

I'm glad Arya seems to be done with her faceless man training, I still think this has been my least favorite storyline of the season.  I guess she is done for the season too.  I really enjoyed Jaqen's smirk at the end though.

The no trial by combat rule was a surprise, did not expect that so no Cleganebowl...for now.  I still think these two are destined to fight at some point.

Kind of bummed we didn't get to see the dragons burn the boats

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4202 on: June 13, 2016, 07:37:56 AM »
And where did Vaerys go?

Linda Antonsson seems to think Varys is going to Dorne for his diplomatic secret mission, man I hope not..

Kind of bummed we didn't get to see the dragons burn the boats

I'm hoping they don't do that, the dragons are going to turn into a deus ex machina really fast and lose their mystique, I think.
I actually thought the iron fleet would show up behind the masters fleet and destroy it, it would be a great way for the Greyjoy's to be introduced to Daenerys.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4203 on: June 13, 2016, 07:53:04 AM »
And where did Vaerys go?

Linda Antonsson seems to think Varys is going to Dorne for his diplomatic secret mission, man I hope not..

My first guess was back to King's Landing, but who knows

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4204 on: June 13, 2016, 08:18:31 AM »
As far as Cersei goes, I have a feeling that she is going for the Wild Fire and that Jamie is going to kill her to prevent her from burning them all. The prophecy did say she would be killed by her younger brother.

It looks like it has set up to fit this idea perfectly.....it really does. I'd be surprised if this weren't exactly what happens....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4205 on: June 13, 2016, 08:40:04 AM »
jaqen h'ghar pretty much went from being my favorite character on the entire show, to a guy that stands around a temple. I really hope that we see some more out of him in the coming time.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4206 on: June 13, 2016, 08:59:05 AM »
I actually thought the iron fleet would show up behind the masters fleet and destroy it, it would be a great way for the Greyjoy's to be introduced to Daenerys.
That could still happen.  Dany just showed up, the fleet isn't destroyed AFAIK.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4207 on: June 13, 2016, 09:30:42 AM »
That could still happen.  Dany just showed up, the fleet isn't destroyed AFAIK.

Yea it could.  It almost seemed like Dany just saved the day, but we don't know that.  She had only just arrived.  We also haven't seen the other two dragons return.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4208 on: June 13, 2016, 09:39:24 AM »
Would the Ironborn even know about the situation in Mereen though? If not it would be silly storywise to just jump in and attack the Masters ships.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4209 on: June 13, 2016, 09:56:52 AM »
Would the Ironborn even know about the situation in Mereen though? If not it would be silly storywise to just jump in and attack the Masters ships.

If they are travelling into Slaver's Bay, and Euron has truly been all around the world like he says, then yes, I think he would be aware of what they are sailing into although he may not have known then when they set sail. 

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4210 on: June 13, 2016, 10:00:13 AM »

Would they really need to know the situation? If their purpose is to arrive at Mereen and offer their loyalty and service to Dany.....who they know is Queen of Mereen......and they see Mereen under attack like that, how better to ingratiate yourself to a Queen than to destroy the fleet of the folks attacking you? It's not that silly if you think about it....it's a good political move.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4211 on: June 13, 2016, 10:16:51 AM »

Would they really need to know the situation? If their purpose is to arrive at Mereen and offer their loyalty and service to Dany.....who they know is Queen of Mereen......and they see Mereen under attack like that, how better to ingratiate yourself to a Queen than to destroy the fleet of the folks attacking you? It's not that silly if you think about it....it's a good political move.
That's the way I see it as well.

The enemy of my potential friend is my enemy.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4212 on: June 13, 2016, 11:03:58 AM »
I don't disagree it would just seem very deus ex machina for them to show up and save the day in a "shoot first, ask questions later" way.

So any predictions about next week? I could see Ramsey biting it (seems obvious at this point) but since this GOT someone on the good guys side has to die. Probably Rickon even though he's extremely expendable and may not have that much of an impact.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4213 on: June 13, 2016, 11:35:35 AM »
I think I agree about this episode being my least favorite of the season. Still good though.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #4214 on: June 13, 2016, 12:19:42 PM »
And where did Vaerys go?

Maybe to kill Kevan and Pycelle.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4215 on: June 13, 2016, 01:19:03 PM »
And where did Vaerys go?

Yup

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4216 on: June 13, 2016, 01:42:25 PM »
And where did Vaerys go?

Yup

I don't think you had to small text "yup".    :lol

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4217 on: June 13, 2016, 02:12:03 PM »
So any predictions about next week? I could see Ramsey biting it (seems obvious at this point) but since this GOT someone on the good guys side has to die. Probably Rickon even though he's extremely expendable and may not have that much of an impact.
I don't know I think Ramsay won't die just yet, that's my feeling but hey I had the wild guess that Jon would come back as a white walker so there's that.
I think plenty of people everywhere I read online aren't feeling it with Arya's story arc. I think for me the way they executed wasn't as well done as I would've liked. I wasn't caught up with any of the theories and I don't mind the end result but it probably could've been done better. I know this is a show of dragons, magic and other such fantasy elements but that street chase and stabbing setup just pointed to putting cool references of Terminator and Godfather and really took me out for the most part. In any case, there were more good things about the episode than bad and fingers crossed we're in for an ass kicking last two episodes.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4218 on: June 13, 2016, 03:01:37 PM »
Do you guys realize that we could be here talking about how badass Arya's fight was, how heoric was the Blackfish's last stand and how kickass was the dragon burning all the invaders.... and we got NONE of that?  :loser:

Really, I felt thrown back to the first season where budget constraints meant fights couldn't be shown.

The Hound was awesome in his scene ("You're shit at dying"  :lol), and I already know that in the meme world you can expect The Imp's Delight to show up on imaginary bottles and t-shirts.

I also expect a meme of Tommen saying "Because of high and unrealistic expections from Cleganebowl supporters, trial by combat is now forbidden"  :biggrin:

For a third-to-last episode I would have expected a bit more however. Now we have two episodes to go and one will be devoted mainly to the battle of Winterfell, I wonder if Cersei and Loras' trials will happen by the end of the season or they will be postponed to the next one.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4219 on: June 13, 2016, 05:11:06 PM »
Now we have two episodes to go and one will be devoted mainly to the battle of Winterfell, I wonder if Cersei and Loras' trials will happen by the end of the season or they will be postponed to the next one.

I've been wondering myself about where we are/will be with each character now that it's down to two episodes and one is dedicated to the battle for the north. 

Arya seems to be done.  She had her storyline do a full cycle of storytelling so I think we don't see her again. 

Sam, do we see him again?  He only was in 2 episodes and I'd like to see where he is going, but there may not be much more for him.

Dany, I am guessing we will see what happens at the battle of mereen.  I think this will include the iron born, but theon and asha as well as Euron?  Is Tyrion going to have to do something to show his leadership like the battle of blackwater?  Obvi Dany wins but at what cost and at what new allegiance?

Cersei's trial should happen, but maybe not.  I feel like it fits the theme of the season, but maybe it does not happen just yet.  I'm going to guess it happens, she is found guilty.  She will attempt to burn Kings landing down next season, Loras is guilty as well.

Bran makes it past the wall with the help Meera and Benjen, but the White Walkers make it as well and pass/bring down the wall.  Maybe even slaughter what's left of the nights watch.

The brotherhood and clegane capture Brienne on her way back from Riverrun

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4220 on: June 14, 2016, 05:43:46 AM »
Will Howland Reed ever come into play (present day Howland Reed that is) ?

The Ironborn are finally starting to get interesting. They were nothing but dull in the books, except for Euron of course.

What will be Dany's reaction to Tyrion allowing slavery to continue for seven more years? Does he end the season locked up or does Dany give him a chance to prove himself in the battle?

Jon obviously wins the battle so I'm curious as to how. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm guessing the Knights of the Vale show up. You don't see them in the trailer but that could be intentional.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #4221 on: June 14, 2016, 07:00:13 AM »
There is a good interview on IGN with the director of the last two epsiodes. He explains the decesion to not show Arya winning the fight. He said that Arya lurred her back to her lair where she would have the advantage as Arya knew the only way to beat here was if they were both blind. I'm cool with that now. As far as the BlackFish he mentioned that they didn't show the fight becasue they want the focus to be on the departure of Brienne and their final converstation.

As far as predicitons for the next two episodes. I think Ramsey is dead. At least one good guy is dead. I'm thinking Davos. I think Tyrion is going to be flying a dragon in the final battle of Mereen. He seems to have a good connection with them. I think the wall is coming down.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4222 on: June 14, 2016, 11:19:46 AM »
Finished season 4 last night. I'm determined to be caught up by season 6's finale.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4223 on: June 14, 2016, 11:37:40 AM »
Finished season 4 last night. I'm determined to be caught up by season 6's finale.

Nice, I thought season 4 ended awesomely. 

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4224 on: June 14, 2016, 11:54:52 AM »
Season 4 is my favorite and I think 6 might overtake it even with the last episode(8) being somewhat a mixed bag, all others prior to it were pure 10/10 episodes in my mind. You have about 12 days so I think you should be able to easily do it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:39:21 PM by faizoff »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4225 on: June 14, 2016, 12:04:48 PM »

You're in the Zone!! You can do it.....Winter is Coming!!!!   :metal

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4226 on: June 14, 2016, 12:29:45 PM »

That's awesome! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

As far as predicitons for the next two episodes. I think Ramsey is dead. At least one good guy is dead. I'm thinking Davos. I think Tyrion is going to be flying a dragon in the final battle of Mereen. He seems to have a good connection with them. I think the wall is coming down.

I can't imagine Davos being around much longer. He's one of my favorite secondary characters. His art of persuasion is brilliant.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4227 on: June 14, 2016, 12:44:15 PM »

I can't imagine Davos being around much longer. He's one of my favorite secondary characters. His art of persuasion is brilliant.

nooooooo, I love Davos.  He needs to be Jon's right hand man till the end.  Granted, him being liked makes him a prime candidate to die.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4228 on: June 14, 2016, 12:49:22 PM »
As far as predicitons for the next two episodes. I think Ramsey is dead. At least one good guy is dead.

I'm still holding on to the notion that Ramsay will live....as a POW....and escape only to be killed by Theon at some point. Or at the least....I don't think we are going to get a 'satisfying' death to Ramsay. It'll be something completely different, even if he dies. It just feels like his character is meant to perpetually be hated even in death.

As far as the 'good guy' death....who knows, but I can't see that Giant living too long. He's such a massive Target I imagine he'll be swarmed and ganged up on and be overtaken and killed.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4229 on: June 14, 2016, 12:51:03 PM »
I agree with faizoff, season 4 is probably my favorite, but it looks like season 6 might actually trump it.

And despite it's great moments, season 5 is my least favorite.

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #4230 on: June 14, 2016, 12:55:09 PM »
I agree with faizoff, season 4 is probably my favorite, but it looks like season 6 might actually trump it.

Season 6? So far I would say it was by FAR the worst season.
Season 3 is the shit.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4231 on: June 14, 2016, 01:13:38 PM »

This.  Season 6 could be better determined by these last two episodes but previously season 4 was the best.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4232 on: June 14, 2016, 01:15:39 PM »
Synopses for the last  two episodes were found on the Emmy submittal ballots. In case people want to be surprised, I'll small text them.

Episode 9: Terms of surrender are rejected and accepted.

Episode 10: Season Finale. Cersei faces her trial.

There was also a leaked synopsis for episode 9, which might have been the full deal written up by HBO - or it could be fake.

"A queen comes forth. Euron (Pilou Asbaek) reveals himself. Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) meets a friend turned foe. King's Landing awaits justice. The Night's Watch gathers."

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4233 on: June 14, 2016, 01:19:12 PM »
I admit I kinda liked Arya cutting the candle out moment, but otherwise I call absolute bullshit on Arya surviving one slashing gut wound and two stabbing gut wounds (one with a knife twist) from an assassin more experienced than her, wandering through the streets after that and waiting for the play to end until Lady Crane came over. And I assume Waif searched for Arya for at least a few weeks, because there's no way she would've been able to jump and run like that if it was only a few days or so. I thought maybe one of the theories about Jaqen, Arya's being not Arya or something would be true, but it seems like the show lost all its subtlety whatsoever. I know this isn't the best thing to compare the slashing and stabbing gut wounds to, but hell, I had trouble walking on the first week after the appendicitis surgery (and I live on the fifth floor without an elevator so getting up the stairs was a pain alright :lol ), and I think it was worse in medieval times.

And oh well, another huge waste of time with Tyrion-Grey Worm-Missandei telling jokes and drink scene. I don't know how can you write something like that and think "yeah, nailed the writing here, let's shoot it". It was really bad, like Seventh Wonder's Mercy Falls voice acting bad.

I did like Edmure / Jaime scenes - except show version of Jaime has nothing to do with book version of Jaime other than sharing the same name - and I did like Blackfish actor and attitude. Riverrun scenes are somewhat of a highlight for me so far.

Season 6? So far I would say it was by FAR the worst season.
Season 3 is the shit.

This season had some alright episodes, mostly from 2nd to 5th, but the last two episodes were less than good for me. If I had to rank the seasons, it's 1 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 6 > 5 for me so far.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4234 on: June 14, 2016, 01:26:51 PM »
And oh well, another huge waste of time with Tyrion-Grey Worm-Missandei telling jokes and drink scene. I don't know how can you write something like that and think "yeah, nailed the writing here, let's shoot it". It was really bad, like Seventh Wonder's Mercy Falls voice acting bad.

Couldn't agree more. Tyrion (Dinklage) has been extremely underutilized and "wasted" in Mereen....and for me the Mereen/Dany storyline has been the largest disappointment the past two seasons. Other than Dany killing the Khal and taking back leadership in one episode....her story has been a total bore and waste of screen time IMO.

Like you mentioned....I have no idea how those Tyrion scenes are written and then agreed upon that they should actually be filmed and included in the show. I think it's out of mere obligation to have Tyrion on screen for a few minutes....but still, they could find a better solution that pairing him with two of the most boring characters and two actors who have no compelling charisma at all.