Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 641952 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #2275 on: April 21, 2015, 08:27:50 AM »
Her deal with the spell to kill Joffry and Rob Stark seemed to have work but maybe it was just coincidence since the spell also included papa Greyjoy -don't remember his first name- who's still alive, I don't remember if Tywin Lannister was on her list as well.

Tywin wasn't on the list, only Robb, Joff and Balon. Maybe the leech that sucked the dick didn't work for some reason I really think it was just a coincidence. I don't see how leeches had anything to do with Red Wedding and the smartass plan of poisoning Joffrey.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2276 on: April 21, 2015, 08:34:29 AM »
At this point I can't see Stannis being patient with Jon anymore, he turned down his offer and have not been of any use to him. I wonder what Stannis will do with him and whether Jon being commander of the NW makes him immune in the eyes of Stannis.

I'd think Stannis understands Jon's importance in getting the Wildlings and the NW to fight with him. I can't see him ordering Jon to be maimed or executed.....it just wouldn't do him any good to do that. I think he knows Jon is a leader and someone who a lot of people will follow so he just has to figure out the right way to convince Jon to help him.

Yup, plus Stannis has a lot of respect for Jon being that he is half Stark, hence the offer in the first place.  Im actually surprised there was no words about Jon killing Mance before the flames did.  I would have thought Melisandre would not like that, and what about Mance's blood.  Was he not a true enough king for her to not find some magic with his blood?

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2277 on: April 21, 2015, 08:55:20 AM »
Im actually surprised there was no words about Jon killing Mance before the flames did.
There were.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2278 on: April 21, 2015, 09:06:23 AM »
I would have thought Melisandre would not like that, and what about Mance's blood.  Was he not a true enough king for her to not find some magic with his blood?

She pretty clearly stated that Mance was 'your king of lies', so I wouldn't think so. She went through some trouble to get to Gendry, because he was a Baratheon, so I think that only Baratheon blood means something to her in the regard of 'king's blood'.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2279 on: April 21, 2015, 10:41:14 AM »
At this point I can't see Stannis being patient with Jon anymore, he turned down his offer and have not been of any use to him. I wonder what Stannis will do with him and whether Jon being commander of the NW makes him immune in the eyes of Stannis.

I'd think Stannis understands Jon's importance in getting the Wildlings and the NW to fight with him. I can't see him ordering Jon to be maimed or executed.....it just wouldn't do him any good to do that. I think he knows Jon is a leader and someone who a lot of people will follow so he just has to figure out the right way to convince Jon to help him.

But that's the thing though; Stannis is rarely logical in his retaliation against those who won't help or obey him, he was easily going to kill Davos for letting Gendry go even though Davos is his only non-religious adviser and long time companion, kinda why I'm thinking he'd be thinking of punishing Jon, for not being able to convince Mance to take his offer, for mercy killing Mance and finally for the offer to fight with him as the heir to Winterfell.

Im actually surprised there was no words about Jon killing Mance before the flames did. 

Stannis mentioned his dismay about it to Jon Snow.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2280 on: April 21, 2015, 11:55:10 AM »
Yea, clearly I missed that  :huh:

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2281 on: April 21, 2015, 01:31:30 PM »
Speaking from the OST, I've really enjoyed them so far. My favorite tracks, besides the intro duh, are probably: "A Lannister Always Pays His Debts", the slowed down instrumental version of the Rains of Castamere from the s3 soundtrack and "Mhysa" also from that soundtrack. The chanting in that song makes it so epic!

And in regards to Arya's list, at least the exclusion of Tywin and Joffrey from the list: Braavos is a big port city that gets lots and lots of ships from Westeros, it's also the closest of the Free Cities to Westeros. I don't think it's a stretch she heard about their downfall while walking around town. But I have no idea why she didn't mention Melisandre.

I do fear for Bronn's life now, which would suck because he is one entertaining character, but given his book counterpart's story is seemingly done and the book version of what happens to the Kings Guard in Dorne isn't very positive.  If someone dies here, I doubt it is Jaime so that leaves Bronn very susceptible.  At the same time, without Arianne, who knows what's going to happen with the Dornish plot
Yeah, I think Bronn takes Arys Oakheart's part in this story and dies unfortunately. It seems the show merged Arianne to Ellaria, some of the lines she said to Doran I remember where said by Arianne.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:39:40 PM by Dimitrius »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2282 on: April 21, 2015, 02:16:20 PM »
I do fear for Bronn's life now, which would suck because he is one entertaining character, but given his book counterpart's story is seemingly done and the book version of what happens to the Kings Guard in Dorne isn't very positive.  If someone dies here, I doubt it is Jaime so that leaves Bronn very susceptible.  At the same time, without Arianne, who knows what's going to happen with the Dornish plot
Yeah, I think Bronn takes Arys Oakheart's part in this story and dies unfortunately. It seems the show merged Arianne to Ellaria, some of the lines she said to Doran I remember where said by Arianne.

Yea I was thinking that could be the case, but Ellaria never mentioned anything about crowning Myrcella so that's why I am just unsure of how the show is going to do the Dornish plot.  I guess that could happen in the next episodes even though this episode she wanted to kill her, I just love how I have no idea what's going to happen anymore!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2283 on: April 21, 2015, 02:20:15 PM »
And in regards to Arya's list, at least the exclusion of Tywin and Joffrey from the list: Braavos is a big port city that gets lots and lots of ships from Westeros, it's also the closest of the Free Cities to Westeros. I don't think it's a stretch she heard about their downfall while walking around town. But I have no idea why she didn't mention Melisandre.

But she didn't wander around the town, I thought she was delivered straight to House of Black and White. But I guess that makes sense. It's a minor nitpick anyway.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2284 on: April 21, 2015, 02:22:42 PM »

But she didn't wander around the town, I thought she was delivered straight to House of Black and White. But I guess that makes sense. It's a minor nitpick anyway.

Well after her initial denial, she was lurking around town where she cut the head off that bird and then was confronted by the boys who wanted Needle, it at least appeared to look like she had been wandering through the town.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2285 on: April 21, 2015, 02:26:16 PM »

Well after her initial denial, she was lurking around town where she cut the head off that bird and then was confronted by the boys who wanted Needle, it at least appeared to look like she had been wandering through the town.

Yeah, but she recited her list before that.

And she also doesn't know about The Mountain being dead, even though it was kind of a big deal, their duel with Oberyn and stuff.

It's not like it matters though, Tywin is dead anyway. I was just surprised her list is so short st this point.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2286 on: April 21, 2015, 02:31:20 PM »
Yea I can kind of live without Tywin and the Mountain being on the list, but the ones who are still alive and no longer on her list is what is really baffling.  Its like the writers thought we'd all forget the names.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2287 on: April 21, 2015, 03:07:38 PM »

Yea I was thinking that could be the case, but Ellaria never mentioned anything about crowning Myrcella so that's why I am just unsure of how the show is going to do the Dornish plot.  I guess that could happen in the next episodes even though this episode she wanted to kill her, I just love how I have no idea what's going to happen anymore!

Maybe it wasn't mentioned because the Sand Snakes are the ones who will mentioned it.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2288 on: April 22, 2015, 09:13:23 AM »
Is the Mountain even dead though? Last we saw him Qyburn was going to try to save him.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2289 on: April 22, 2015, 09:31:45 AM »
Is the Mountain even dead though? Last we saw him Qyburn was going to try to save him.

Yea, its kind of open as to whether or not he is actually dead.  I think its assumed he is dead, but we do not know other than what you state.  And I dont think anyone is truly confirmed dead until the head is cut off or they are buried in this show  :lol  Leaves the door open for the Hound as well.  Funny how those two are both supposedly dead from one on one fight wounds, but neither are confirmed dead.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2290 on: April 22, 2015, 09:34:12 AM »

Yea, its kind of open as to whether or not he is actually dead.  I think its assumed he is dead, but we do not know other than what you state.  And I dont think anyone is truly confirmed dead until the head is cut off or they are buried in this show  :lol  Leaves the door open for the Hound as well.  Funny how those two are both supposedly dead from one on one fight wounds, but neither are confirmed dead.

Yeah, no dead body = no certain death for me. And don't forget Thoros was able to bring back even dead Beric Dondarrion. Still, I guess everyone in Westeros except Qyburn assume the Mountain is dead.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2291 on: April 22, 2015, 11:27:22 AM »
Well there was a rather large body spotted in that room.

Now there's no assurance if that's The Mountain or not.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2292 on: April 22, 2015, 11:29:07 AM »
Pace is about to pick up, people.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2293 on: April 22, 2015, 11:43:33 AM »
I think its safe to assume that body is the Mountain, but that picture doesn't make whether he is alive or dead clear.

Pace is about to pick up, people.

Do you know this because you watched the leaks?  Just curious, I figured it has to pick up only because the first two episodes were really "season arc set up" episodes so I assume things are going to pick up anyway, but I am curious if this season can keep up with the pace from last season where it seemed like something major happened in every episode.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2294 on: April 22, 2015, 11:52:50 AM »
I haven't seen the leaks, or read anything about them.

But I would imagine that the pace really will start to pick up.  It seems like they are shortcutting and combining various sequences from the books to get to things quickly.  Which is fine with me.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2295 on: April 22, 2015, 12:23:50 PM »
I have seen the leaks. Sorry. I shouldn´t say anything about it. But if you Liked the first two episodes, you´re gonna love the next two. I promise.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2296 on: April 22, 2015, 12:25:09 PM »
I have seen the leaks. Sorry. I shouldn´t say anything about it. But if you Liked the first two episodes, you´re gonna love the next two. I promise.

Well I dont think you spoiled anything so its all good from my view  :tup

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2297 on: April 22, 2015, 12:29:38 PM »
Who's been nailing Cersei lately? Last time she got it if I recall right was by Joff's corpse and then maybe one more time before she got pissed off at Jaime for releasing Tryion, I'm wondering cause she's had a couple of polite responses to people in the last couple of episodes which leads me to think she has a strange reversed psyche where she's nicer without a constant D, just a though heh
I think The Mountain almost died or actually died and the creepy doctor -is he nailing Cersei btw?- is bringing him back in the form of an even more powerful sort of mutant warrior, like a Frankenstein thing, just a personal theory.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2298 on: April 22, 2015, 02:35:50 PM »
no dead body = no certain death
This should always be remembered in Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire.

On the flipside, literally any character could be killed in future.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2299 on: April 22, 2015, 03:19:43 PM »
no dead body = no certain death
This should always be remembered in Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire.

On the flipside, literally any character could be killed in future.

Yup, and I expect a lot of deaths coming up for characters who aren't dead yet in the books or who die in the books and arent dead yet in the show!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2300 on: April 22, 2015, 04:03:06 PM »

I gave in and watched them myself this morning.  That's all I'll say about that here. 

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2301 on: April 24, 2015, 01:44:41 AM »
Who's been nailing Cersei lately? Last time she got it if I recall right was by Joff's corpse and then maybe one more time before she got pissed off at Jaime for releasing Tryion, I'm wondering cause she's had a couple of polite responses to people in the last couple of episodes which leads me to think she has a strange reversed psyche where she's nicer without a constant D, just a though heh
I think The Mountain almost died or actually died and the creepy doctor -is he nailing Cersei btw?- is bringing him back in the form of an even more powerful sort of mutant warrior, like a Frankenstein thing, just a personal theory.

lol why does this even care

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2302 on: April 24, 2015, 05:22:35 AM »
Well I think we can all agree Cersei is not a normal woman, she's got some deep issues and I think the flashback we saw this season showed she got a bad prophecy which may be why she has been driven mad in trying to protect her children.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2303 on: April 24, 2015, 07:01:36 AM »
Well I think we can all agree Cersei is not a normal woman, she's got some deep issues and I think the flashback we saw this season showed she got a bad prophecy which may be why she has been driven mad in trying to protect her children.

That was one of the good surprises this season. I think it's cool that they showed this memory from her childhood. It explains a great deal about her motivations...she would do whatever she can think of to twist the witched prediction around to her liking.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2304 on: April 24, 2015, 07:07:46 AM »

lol why does this even care

With all of that pent up hate and frustration, she must be an animal in bed.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2305 on: April 24, 2015, 07:36:50 AM »
Only if you're related. :lol I can't imagine Robert ever getting much enthusiasm from her.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2306 on: April 24, 2015, 07:41:05 AM »
Only if you're related. :lol I can't imagine Robert ever getting much enthusiasm from her.

He was too drunk all of the time.  I gladly would put the wine down to have a night with her.   ;)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2307 on: April 24, 2015, 07:50:26 AM »

He was too drunk all of the time.  I gladly would put the wine down to have a night with her.   ;)

lol as would I.  But they did not have good sex as she admitted in season 1 in the rare case they actually did. 

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2308 on: April 24, 2015, 08:02:42 AM »

lol as would I.  But they did not have good sex as she admitted in season 1 in the rare case they actually did.

No they did not.  I remember that episode.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2309 on: April 24, 2015, 08:16:10 AM »

No they did not.  I remember that episode.

They did have a child though? Black-haired one that died as an infant.