Author Topic: The TAC Back To School Roulette V.7 Schools Out!!!  (Read 53573 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The TAC Back To School Roulette V.7 Current Events Main Assignment Grades!!!
« Reply #2730 on: October 28, 2023, 05:08:13 PM »
Plus shouldn't the EPs maybe sit with you a few days and be listened to a bunch of times before they're scored?

I don't really want to answer this before everyone is in.

Let's just call it preliminary scoring. I've heard every EP 5 or 6 times at this point. Trust me, I'm listening. And I'll continue to listen.
I'm allowing for movement on the scores for sure, but I think I have a pretty decent handle on what I've heard so far.

The way they've been submitted, it allows me to zero in on the first half, and then pay attention to the second half. Actually, I can get a deeper feel for the EPs this way. The prelim scores aren't set in stone. No worries people.

Everything will get the appropriate run throughs.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The TAC Back To School Roulette V.7 Current Events Main Assignment Grades!!!
« Reply #2731 on: October 28, 2023, 06:36:24 PM »
Plus you have time to go listen to City Burials while you're waiting for more EPs.

Absolutely! You know you want to, Tim!  :biggrin:

The hell I do! :lol

He totally does.  He just doesn't want to admit it.

Plus shouldn't the EPs maybe sit with you a few days and be listened to a bunch of times before they're scored?
I mean, he's had my EP for a month now, so...

Speaking of maybe we should've taken our time with it... :P
I did. I spent a whole week on it with different iterations. That EP is 25 minutes of awesomeness.

It's still not beating the first 25 minutes of songs that Kade thought up in less than 5 minutes.  :p   Nor are mine that I technically started thinking about over a year ago.   :lol

I've been sitting on my EP for a while but based on what I'm sending I just need to choose the right songs.

I can tell my language somewhat iritates you man and I've been trying hard to keep that in mind with what I say but truth be told, some of the songs for this roulette have come in 5 minutes, others I've taken your overthinking approach.

The ones I have taken the overthinking approach were Uada and Mgla which both fell short.  To a certain extent, my EP could fall into that same category but at the same time, I've been locked in on this risk for a couple of weeks.  Plus that and my work life has been turned upside down so looking for music has taken a back-seat.

In short, with my approach for this EP, you could very easily take this out.  I do think what I'm sending is right up Tim's alley but again, I've thought that before and been totally wrong.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2732 on: October 28, 2023, 07:19:12 PM »
Eh, we just have very different approaches to some things, and it's amusing to exaggerate those differences for humor at times.  :p  We probably clash a bit more awkwardly and less organically than say, Luke and I usually seem to.  The entry I put the most thought into scored less than the one I put the least thought into, so it's all kind of random.  You definitely have more of a natural match of taste with TAC (though mine was much more similar to both of yours a couple decades ago, which is what I try and tap into), so I'm thrilled that I've been able to do as well as I have, regardless of the results.  It's all in good fun. 

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2733 on: October 28, 2023, 07:46:48 PM »
I'll get mine sent tomorrow, promise! The week sort of got away from me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2734 on: October 28, 2023, 07:47:48 PM »
No worries.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2735 on: October 28, 2023, 08:43:43 PM »

I don't really want to answer this before everyone is in.

Let's just call it preliminary scoring. I've heard every EP 5 or 6 times at this point. Trust me, I'm listening. And I'll continue to listen.
I'm allowing for movement on the scores for sure, but I think I have a pretty decent handle on what I've heard so far.

The way they've been submitted, it allows me to zero in on the first half, and then pay attention to the second half. Actually, I can get a deeper feel for the EPs this way. The prelim scores aren't set in stone. No worries people.

Everything will get the appropriate run throughs.
Thanks!  I feel like I just got done sending mine so it was just a little disconcerting thinking it could have a score so soon.  But that's probably based on how I listen to stuff.  In my roulette my impressions were more like"early" impressions because the first impressions would have been more like "I guess this song is ok" for most of the songs. :)  And I tried to listen to each one a lot, except that one song by Sacul that just wouldn't die - I think I only made it to 5 or 6.  Or the weird giraffe song that I think Evermind sent.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2736 on: October 29, 2023, 12:36:00 AM »
 :lol

I think Tim actually liked that Steam Powered Giraffe song.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2737 on: October 29, 2023, 04:06:37 AM »
Eh, we just have very different approaches to some things, and it's amusing to exaggerate those differences for humor at times.  :p  We probably clash a bit more awkwardly and less organically than say, Luke and I usually seem to.  The entry I put the most thought into scored less than the one I put the least thought into, so it's all kind of random.  You definitely have more of a natural match of taste with TAC (though mine was much more similar to both of yours a couple decades ago, which is what I try and tap into), so I'm thrilled that I've been able to do as well as I have, regardless of the results.  It's all in good fun.

As I've mentioned before, I used to have more of your style of approach and still do at times, there's nothing wrong with it and yes, perhaps I need to take the humor in it more than I do.  You're right though, like I said, it's all random and in good fun.

In relation to all that, I know I say, while I say things like 'I don't have much to send,' I kind of mean that in the vein of that I haven't gone out of my way to look for new music.  It's just something I don't enjoy as much as I used to, BUT, in terms of the roulette game, I guess that's not true, PLUS it's made me discover other music.  I also have discovered my album of the year because of this roulette. It's also a defensive mechanism when I say that so I guess I need to work on.  Plus you're right, Tim and I click pretty heavily with tastes and just general opinions so there's that pressure on myself, but so far so good and no matter what the result, at least I've delivered for him.

If I ever do get around to running another roulette, I want you straight in.  Good luck on this round, I'll be happy if you steal the crown at the death mate, it will be well deserved.  I have sent my EP and it's something Tim would normally be all over, but time will tell.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2738 on: October 29, 2023, 07:47:20 AM »
Ok I've sent, Chad can get off my back now. :biggrin:

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2739 on: October 29, 2023, 12:32:26 PM »

As I've mentioned before, I used to have more of your style of approach and still do at times, there's nothing wrong with it and yes, perhaps I need to take the humor in it more than I do.  You're right though, like I said, it's all random and in good fun.

In relation to all that, I know I say, while I say things like 'I don't have much to send,' I kind of mean that in the vein of that I haven't gone out of my way to look for new music.  It's just something I don't enjoy as much as I used to, BUT, in terms of the roulette game, I guess that's not true, PLUS it's made me discover other music.  I also have discovered my album of the year because of this roulette. It's also a defensive mechanism when I say that so I guess I need to work on.  Plus you're right, Tim and I click pretty heavily with tastes and just general opinions so there's that pressure on myself, but so far so good and no matter what the result, at least I've delivered for him.

If I ever do get around to running another roulette, I want you straight in.  Good luck on this round, I'll be happy if you steal the crown at the death mate, it will be well deserved.  I have sent my EP and it's something Tim would normally be all over, but time will tell.

Yeah, I'd sensed some tension between us at various points and wasn't quite sure how it was sitting with you.  It's good to dissolve it a bit, but I expect our divergences on some matters will continue to provide more fodder for entertainment in the future.  ;)  There are certain areas of my taste that I think you could excel in hitting, since you should definitely be in my next roulette.  You seemed way too burned out at the time to bug you about the first one. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2740 on: October 29, 2023, 01:42:42 PM »
I love you all. As long as I'm on top. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2741 on: October 29, 2023, 02:16:09 PM »
I love you all. As long as I'm on top.

A year ago, you on top would not have been a good idea, but with Newshmegland, sure why not?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2742 on: October 29, 2023, 02:37:25 PM »

Yeah, I'd sensed some tension between us at various points and wasn't quite sure how it was sitting with you.  It's good to dissolve it a bit, but I expect our divergences on some matters will continue to provide more fodder for entertainment in the future.  ;)  There are certain areas of my taste that I think you could excel in hitting, since you should definitely be in my next roulette.  You seemed way too burned out at the time to bug you about the first one.

Count me in. And...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2743 on: October 29, 2023, 02:38:19 PM »
:lol

I think Tim actually liked that Steam Powered Giraffe song.

Yes, it was awesome, and I still listen to it from time to time.

I feel like I just got done sending mine so it was just a little disconcerting thinking it could have a score so soon.  But that's probably based on how I listen to stuff.  In my roulette my impressions were more like"early" impressions because the first impressions would have been more like "I guess this song is ok" for most of the songs. :) 

My first impressions are literally First Listen Impressions. It's usually my first thought as soon as the song finishes. Sometimes if too many of them read "cool song, bro" then I may give it a second listen for differentiation, but my First Listen Impressions are NOT "Early" Impressions.

Yesterday, I really only had three EPs to listen to, and I got multiple listens in.

There's just going to be too much music to try and listen all at once, and try to score and make some comments. This isn't going to be a two week round, so it makes sense to "pencil in" some scores.  I have plenty of listening time, at home and at work, and I stay strictly to my roulette listening during rounds. But everything will get a fair shake.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2744 on: October 29, 2023, 02:39:45 PM »
Count me in. And...

The TAC Roulette...building bridges since...well..the first one.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2745 on: October 29, 2023, 02:42:25 PM »

Count me in. And...

I actually thought of that one.  Good thing you posted it before Luke put one of his hug GIFs.   :lol

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #2746 on: October 29, 2023, 03:04:07 PM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2747 on: October 29, 2023, 03:07:02 PM »
I hope those are your three songs coming together for your Final Exam.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2748 on: October 29, 2023, 03:13:46 PM »
My EP is finished, will send this evening.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2749 on: October 29, 2023, 03:58:02 PM »

Count me in. And...

I actually thought of that one.  Good thing you posted it before Luke put one of his hug GIFs.   :lol

It's only manly fist clenches for me Josh, Luke can keep his hugging bullshit.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #2750 on: October 29, 2023, 03:58:16 PM »

Does this mean you have sent Dayman?
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2751 on: October 29, 2023, 03:58:45 PM »
Twohugsluke

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2752 on: October 29, 2023, 03:59:03 PM »

And I thought I was super late.  You're only sending an EP dude, not a double concept album.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2753 on: October 29, 2023, 04:02:50 PM »
twoslacksluke

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2754 on: October 29, 2023, 04:06:29 PM »

And I thought I was super late.  You're only sending an EP dude, not a double concept album.

It's Sunday dickwad, deadline is Monday! Don't make me come hug you

AAAHHHHHAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No, but I should've!

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #2755 on: October 29, 2023, 04:14:15 PM »

AAAHHHHHAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No, but I should've!
You have made my day :lol I remember that song almost on a daily basis, often I sing the first part and my girlfriend jumps in with the high part :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2756 on: October 29, 2023, 04:20:29 PM »
Sounds like something I'm glad I didn't get. :lol

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2757 on: October 29, 2023, 04:21:57 PM »
Well I'm about to play it for Litho and Puppies in the Deepcut.fm session, come have a listen :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2758 on: October 29, 2023, 04:25:17 PM »
Isn't it almost bed time for you??

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2759 on: October 29, 2023, 04:29:17 PM »

No, for I am the Dayman, AAAHHH AAHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2760 on: October 29, 2023, 04:29:53 PM »

:rollin
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #2761 on: October 29, 2023, 04:32:12 PM »

Master of karate and friendship for everyone

BTW aren't you the Nightman then?

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2762 on: October 29, 2023, 04:37:41 PM »
Sent my EP of It's Always Sunny songs

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2763 on: October 29, 2023, 04:39:09 PM »

It's Monday somewhere though...... :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2764 on: October 29, 2023, 04:40:13 PM »
Sent my EP of It's Always Sunny songs

No wonder it got cancelled.